HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIV

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 04:55 PM
HavlatMach9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFist View Post
So what would/should we be prepared to offer for Perry? I'd make a suggestion but my brain don't work so good today.
8m x 7 years?

Old
02-14-2013, 04:58 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
7.5 x 6 years?

Old
02-14-2013, 05:02 PM
McFist
Bryan can beat it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
8m x 7 years?
Oh sure as a UFA I would do that all day. But I can't imagine a scenario where we actually beat out other teams' offers on a UFA. I was thinking trade and try to re-sign. Murray can pull the old "hey, remember who drafted you?"

Although maybe trading for a pending UFA is a colossal bonehead move...

Old
02-14-2013, 05:06 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFist View Post
Murray can pull the old "hey, remember who drafted you?"
Perry counters:"Remember who almost banished me to Edmonton?"

Trading for a pending UFA is bad for a rebuilding team, if we were buyers, then sure.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:19 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Dear god, we're not trading for high profile UFAs. It would be disastrous to try and patch this thing up. If we win enough games to make the playoffs it has to be on the backs of guys who are already here. I wouldn't mind seeing Murray bring in a couple of bodies to help out and maybe send the message to the players that they have their backs. These players would have to have years left on their contracts (Tyutin), be extremely cheap (Whitney?) or be young and not getting a chance with their current clubs (Niederitter, Tedenby, Scandella). No rentals allowed.

One positive thing to look at is we should be able to dip into the college FA market and maybe even Russia/Sweden/Germany with the allure of being able to play in the nhl immediately. We've already heard the rumour about the Russian mini Karlsson they've expressed interest in.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Sounds like Clowe needs a change of scenery and they want to move a body on Defense... Clowe+Murray for say Greening and a 3rd?
Has their play drastically declined? I'd LOVE them two.

Old
02-14-2013, 06:29 PM
McFist
Bryan can beat it

Quote:
Perry counters:"Remember who almost banished me to Edmonton?"

Trading for a pending UFA is bad for a rebuilding team, if we were buyers, then sure.
Touché. I'm inclined to agree. It's just that... Perry's so... good.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:06 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
Has their play drastically declined?
From what I've read, yes.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen

vCash: 50
Clowe is terrible. Murray is just really slow, but I still love him. Don' think I'd give up Greening for them. His value is at an all-time low with his recent play...

Old
02-14-2013, 07:12 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
ROR and Elliott please!

Old
02-14-2013, 07:12 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Murray's game has been in decline for a few years. Clowe has been horrid this year. Think of Colin Greening without the wheels but with a ton of bone head penalties. I'd take Murray if SJ just want to dump him, but I wouldn't give anything significant for him. He'd be around more as a body guard than shutdown guy.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Ed Wood

I've always liked Clowe but if he's lost a step I wouldn't want him. Douglas Murray has been next to useless for a couple of years now.

I've been upset ever since Bryan Murray wasted the draft pick that should have been Ryan O'Reilly to obtain Chris Campoli. A roster player and a prospect is a very reasonable price to pay to correct that mistake. Stone and Da Costa perhaps?

Old
02-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
ROR and Elliott please!
Brian sucks now though

Old
02-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Dionysus

RoR would still fit in nicely. Helps the team stay somewhat competitive this year and is young guy who will fit with the core. Only hesitation would be it would take away a potential centre spot for Da Costa. I think he can be a big-time player. Has the ability and confidence.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:08 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Wait 10 games.

In 10 games we will be able to see this team's ability. If we are playing .500 hockey even after facing Boston, NYR, Montreal, Toronto x2, New Jersey and NYI then make the trade to make us playoff bound.

If we win 3-4 out of next 10 or 6-7 then stay on course and get Lindholm/Mohahan and ship off Gonchar and come back next year with stronger team. Or stay on course and wait for Spezza and keep rewarding DaCosta.

Btw, Da Costa will show everyone why he can be a 2nd line C in this league.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:13 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Btw, Da Costa will show everyone why he can be a 2nd line C in this league.
Wanted to start a Turris vs Da Costa thread. The only player remaining aside from Alfie with any semblance of skill. Was great vs Pittsburg

Old
02-14-2013, 08:15 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Wanted to start a Turris vs Da Costa thread. The only player remaining aside from Alfie with any semblance of skill. Was great vs Pittsburg
Da Costa has the ability to take a game over with his vision and creativity. He is like a young Spezza where he experiments a lot with his passes but I find him more accurate at a younger age.

Hopefully DaCosta will be given the opportunity because I know he can excel.

Btw, this is a legit prospect we are talking about not an unknown guy from college. He outscored Toews, Oshie, Perron, JVR at same ages. Scored 5 goals in his first home game in the NCAA.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes Pancakes View Post
Does anyone think that there's a chance BM could get instructed to make a trade by upper management simply to keep fan interest in the team high?

Admitedly, I have lost some interest since last night. This team was having difficulty scoring and playing excisting hockey without EK on the ice, and not with him gone and Spezza already gone, it's not going to get any easier. The most exciting player on the team now if freaking Da Costa.

Sens Management could fear that fan interest may wane with the quality of the product on the ice being affected. A trade to bring in a player may excite fans and keep them coming.
If the fans won't support the team without needing a trade to keep their bums in the seats, Melnyk should seriously consider moving the team elsewhere.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Halak brought in Eller and Schultz.

I think that's probably not crazy far off for what we could expect for Andy. Would I do that? No probably not.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Da Costa has the ability to take a game over with his vision and creativity. He is like a young Spezza where he experiments a lot with his passes but I find him more accurate at a younger age.

Hopefully DaCosta will be given the opportunity because I know he can excel.

Btw, this is a legit prospect we are talking about not an unknown guy from college. He outscored Toews, Oshie, Perron, JVR at same ages. Scored 5 goals in his first home game in the NCAA.
There is no doubt he has skills, vision, and is creative. Yet he also can get pushed off the puck easily and his defensive game still needs considerable work.

Given the current line-up it is a great opportunity for DaCosta to play and learn. However I will reserve judgement until there is a bigger sample size of games and seeing how he adjusts to the 200' game.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Cujomi
De leeuw op voetbal

Count me in the Da Costa camp. That kid is special. He has a special set of skills and hockey sense. His defensive game is underrated, too. He is really slick with his stick.

It remains to be seen if he can translate this all to the NHL though. Right now I think he should have 4 or 5 points based on perfect opportunities he has created that haven't been capitalized on. He's been our best forward for at least the last 2 games.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:10 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Count me in the Da Costa camp. That kid is special. He has a special set of skills and hockey sense. His defensive game is underrated, too. He is really slick with his stick.

It remains to be seen if he can translate this all to the NHL though. Right now I think he should have 4 or 5 points based on perfect opportunities he has created that haven't been capitalized on. He's been our best forward for at least the last 2 games.
Finally I can fully agree with you on something.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Da Costa has been one of my favs since 2011.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:22 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wood View Post
I've always liked Clowe but if he's lost a step I wouldn't want him. Douglas Murray has been next to useless for a couple of years now.

I've been upset ever since Bryan Murray wasted the draft pick that should have been Ryan O'Reilly to obtain Chris Campoli. A roster player and a prospect is a very reasonable price to pay to correct that mistake. Stone and Da Costa perhaps?
I've never liked this perspective. There's no guarantee we'd have taken O'Reilly, at all.

I'm not a huge fan of the Campoli deal either, but that pick could have been Paradis or Dylan Olson, or Carter Ashton, or Mikko Koskinen, or Landon Ferraro (all guys who went before O'Reilly), or god-knows-who-else we would have taken with that pick. Carl Klingberg is a Swede who was taken with the very next pick after O'Reilly, maybe our Swede-Boner would have taken him over RoR?

Chris Brown? Alex Chiasson?

It's silly to assume we would have had O'Reilly.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Savannah Skunk

After Karlsson's, Spezza's, Cowen's, Latendress's, and now Michalek's injuries (most notable being Cowen, Spezza and EK), I think we should stand pat, play hard, bring up different prospects from Bingo, and make NO trades until this summer.

There is no point in giving up any talented prospects for a rental or stopgap player when this year is the perfect year for said talent to get some experience and improve. We ARE in year two of a rebuild... right?

I believe this year we will see Da Costa establish himself as a solid NHLer and we will see key prospects step into the line-up and prove their quality. Getting a birth in the playoffs would be a HUGE accomplishment considering the injury plagued roster! What a boost of confidence that would be for our young prospects. It would only augment future success next year. If we finish out of playoff contention, at least the boys gave it their best shot in an unnaturally unlucky season AND we still get a decent draft pick.

If we can find a cheap player who can bolster the holes in our lineup short term without costing us any prospects, then go for it. We have the cap space,... if we can land one or two decent FA's to round out our roster, we could be a force to be reckoned with next year.

Closed Thread