HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIV

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
I'm glad to hear Murray is actually kickin tires with Sherman on O'Reilly... now if only he'd actually pull of a deal already!
He's probably waiting for the value to go down, Sherman is asking for a hell of a lot right now. O'Reilly is a great player, but giving up more than Zibanejad, Wiercioch, and another roster player for him is overpayment, and I'm not sure it makes us a better team in the future.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:06 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Would much rather have O'Reilly...a 50+ point selke level centre and move Turris to the wing...who could easily be a 50+ point sniping winger. Kill two birds with one stone.
that's the part i'm not sure about.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Nizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
I'm glad to hear Murray is actually kickin tires with Sherman on O'Reilly... now if only he'd actually pull of a deal already!

I hope it starts and end with tire kicking ..O'Reilly has heart but I dont see where he fits going forward. No band aids please ...The price alone isnt worth it

Old
02-19-2013, 02:23 PM
MrPeterman

The blueline in Columbus is getting a bit crowded. I wonder what it would take to get Nikita Nikitin to the Sens.

Hoffman + 3rd?

Puempel?

The guy is big, can handle the puck and would get a chance on the PP in Ottawa. At 26 years old he'd fit right in age wise with the Sens defence.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Daffy

Pass.

He apparantley has looked bad this year. Not like he looked last year. This coming from the Jackets beat writer. People also shouldn't be so quick to get rid of Puempel.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:40 PM
MrPeterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Pass.

He apparantley has looked bad this year. Not like he looked last year. This coming from the Jackets beat writer. People also shouldn't be so quick to get rid of Puempel.
Not really eager to get rid of Puempel but Nikitin has shown that he can handle the puck. Coach Maclean could work wonders with a guy like him, IMO.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Wiercioch2Karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Pass.

Agreed. Our prospect with the highest/most intriguing pure goal scoring upside, as much as it might not pan out.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

If we were going for a blueliner from Columbus I would imagine it would be Tyutin.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silfverberger View Post
The blueline in Columbus is getting a bit crowded. I wonder what it would take to get Nikita Nikitin to the Sens.

Hoffman + 3rd?

Puempel?

The guy is big, can handle the puck and would get a chance on the PP in Ottawa. At 26 years old he'd fit right in age wise with the Sens defence.
I have been so very unimpressed with Nikitin this year. He's been very sloppy with the puck and not the least bit creative on the PP. Nevertheless, he basically is Columbus's powerplay on account of his killer shot...which hits the net about 1 out of a 100 times.

Think he'd be more of a headache than a help frankly.

Cody Goloubef though...that's a solid player. Has some upside still and could probably stick on this team right now on the bottom pairing in my unprofessional opinion. Have liked that kid for minute now and really liked what I saw from him during his recent call up.

Got his first NHL goal too:

Stuck in Springfield now that Columbus has some bodies back on the blueline.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silfverberger View Post

Hoffman + 3rd?

Puempel?

He is a completely different player when paired with a russian. Sure, he could slot in next to Gonch this year, but then what? Tyutin (Sp?) is a great partner for him. Not that I think he is untouchable, but he has played his best hockey with Columbus and holds more value to them than any other team in the league, in my opinion.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:03 PM
HSF

Has it been confirmed that ottawa is looking in ROR?

and where has this been confirmed

Old
02-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post

We've known this for a while now. Both Dreger and Bobby Mac have said we had interest.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Daffy

Quote:

Garrioch mentioned it in the Sun today also.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:11 PM
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil

We'd be silly not to.

But I can't imagine Colorado feels any pressure to deal him.

We're not exactly in a position of strength here.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:14 PM
MrPeterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
I have been so very unimpressed with Nikitin this year. He's been very sloppy with the puck and not the least bit creative on the PP. Nevertheless, he basically is Columbus's powerplay on account of his killer shot...which hits the net about 1 out of a 100 times.

Think he'd be more of a headache than a help frankly.

Cody Goloubef though...that's a solid player. Has some upside still and could probably stick on this team right now on the bottom pairing in my unprofessional opinion. Have liked that kid for minute now and really liked what I saw from him during his recent call up.

Got his first NHL goal too:

Stuck in Springfield now that Columbus has some bodies back on the blueline.
Goloubef would be a nice pickup, IMO. I think C-Bus might just hang on to him though. He's young, cheap and solid.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:16 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
We're not exactly in a position of strength here.
Seems like only the Avalanche are. No other team nor O'Reilly has any leverage. Seems dumb.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:16 PM
SenzZen
Cool Keith

Yeah I'd say Sherman is waiting for an obscene offer via trade, or for someone to ink him to an offer sheet so he can match.

Apologies to those who find this obvious.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Seems like only the Avalanche are. No other team nor O'Reilly has any leverage. Seems dumb.
In a sense Colorado is fine. They know they are not likely to be going anywhere this season. However, I think that the unrest surrounding the whole situation can wear on a team, and the longer they wait the longer they are without assets. I would be surprised if he isn't moved soon, but I can see the strength in them not moving him until the deadline or the summer for a little more certainty with the assets they might get.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:23 PM
derriko

vCash: 50
As to moving O'Rielly to the wing if we got him…thats not going to happen. If you have a selke candidate, you keep them at center forever.

Centers are just fundamentally more important to the defensive side of the game. They are the ones down low helping the d-men while the wingers are just used to cover the point.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
Quote:

Murray would not be doing his job if he wasn't asking about getting RoR

Old
02-19-2013, 03:49 PM
operasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
As to moving O'Rielly to the wing if we got him…thats not going to happen. If you have a selke candidate, you keep them at center forever.

Centers are just fundamentally more important to the defensive side of the game. They are the ones down low helping the d-men while the wingers are just used to cover the point.
I think the comment was to move Turris to the wing.

Zibanejad, Wiercioch and Regin type of return and I'd do it. I would not deal our 1st no matter what. Nor Stone, Silfverberg, etc

Old
02-19-2013, 03:54 PM
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
In a sense Colorado is fine. They know they are not likely to be going anywhere this season. However, I think that the unrest surrounding the whole situation can wear on a team, and the longer they wait the longer they are without assets. I would be surprised if he isn't moved soon, but I can see the strength in them not moving him until the deadline or the summer for a little more certainty with the assets they might get.
I can see the deadline being a way to drum up value for him, but at the same time, sitting out this long, particularly post-lockout, is going to substantially reduce his immediate on-ice contribution.

It's a very strange situation.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:08 PM
jabubenice

the first cup did and not the second... but lets say u are right... WHAT HAS THE SENATORS DONE IN THAT TIME PERIOD???? and i will even go out on a limb and say the "WELL RUN" senators will not win the cup for the next 5 years. after that five years i will add another five.... They will lwys be good and " WELL RUN" but not good enough.... if you think the goalie trade was not a good one, then u have not been watching the avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Yes, they are CURRENTLY one of the worst run franchises in the NHL. Their GM and coach are considered sub-par by NHL standards and their ability to make trades has been questionable to laughable. Or do you think swapping Elliott for Anderson then trading a high 1st round and 2nd round pick for Semyon Varlamov is good asset management?

The Avs great run came off the backs of the Nordiques. Since they had to move past the Joe Sakic era, they've done nothing of note since.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Rhino Reilly
That D Biz

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I can see the deadline being a way to drum up value for him, but at the same time, sitting out this long, particularly post-lockout, is going to substantially reduce his immediate on-ice contribution.

It's a very strange situation.
At least he played a bit during the lockout. He signed that 2 year deal in the K but has only played 12 games. Not sure if he's injured or what.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabubenice View Post
Canadian Guy;60015181]Top 3 worst run teams in the NHL
Well if that's the case lets compare senators and avs over the last 20 years;
Avs- 2 Stanley cups, senators 0
Avs 2 conf titles, senators 1
Avs 9 div titles, senators 4
Avs 13 playoffs, senators 13
Avs longest sellout (487) streak in history (lasted 11 years)

Yes the avs have been struggling the last few years, but they are working on it and have a plan. Until the senators actually win the cup, I would stop throwing stones at teams that actually have.... ONE OF THE WORST RUN!! U serious!!!
sure, and over the past 75 years the leafs have been well run too.

and i like your moxie - if only ottawa had started their franchise with Peter Forsberg, Joe Sakic, Kamensky, Lemieux, Deadmarsh, Simon, Ozolinsh, Foote and Patrick Roy in nets - instead of an expansion draft where Sylvain Turgeon was the marquee player id like to see that comparison.
You just compared a team you inherited with Hall of Famers all over it entering their prime to an expansion team.
Colorado opened its eyes one morning and they handed a surprised populace a cup.
Nothing was earned there. you got them good for you.

Lets not pretend you watched those guys grow up as your own as if they belonged to the city emotionally.

Closed Thread