HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2013, 11:34 AM
  #851
RedWhiteBlackGold
Veteran User
 
RedWhiteBlackGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,717
vCash: 50
What is the situation with O'Reilly at this moment? How much is Colorado rumored to be offering him and how much is he wanting?

__________________
http://i60.tinypic.com/2vmddhj.png
RedWhiteBlackGold is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:39 AM
  #852
Kezia
egg
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,862
vCash: 50
Has Da Costa improved his value enough to be a major piece of a ROR trade?

Kezia is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:40 AM
  #853
Kezia
egg
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,862
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
What is the situation with O'Reilly at this moment? How much is Colorado rumored to be offering him and how much is he wanting?
I think they wanted Del Zotto + Miller/Krieder + pick.

I think he wants around 5mil longterm.

Kezia is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:43 AM
  #854
Holdurbreathe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Has Da Costa improved his value enough to be a major piece of a ROR trade?
According to what I read on a sports page in a Denver paper, Sherman doesn't want a center in return for ROR.

Holdurbreathe is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:52 AM
  #855
Smitty26
Registered User
 
Smitty26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
I think they wanted Del Zotto + Miller/Krieder + pick.

I think he wants around 5mil longterm.
jesus thats steep.

Smitty26 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:53 AM
  #856
White Goodman
smell that fitness?
 
White Goodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: England
Posts: 6,918
vCash: 50
O'Reilly doesn't want 5mil. O'Reilly's dad wants 5 mil

White Goodman is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:54 AM
  #857
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN
 
Novak Djokovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,797
vCash: 500
I'm not sure I'd want ROR on this team. I mean, he's a great player, but I don't like his (and his parents') attitude right now.

Novak Djokovic is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:58 AM
  #858
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
O'Reilly doesn't want 5mil. O'Reilly's dad wants 5 mil
Someone said 5.5 on the main board.

Phew.

NyQuil is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:04 PM
  #859
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,146
vCash: 500
The truth is that nobody has a clue what O'Reilly wants, or what Colorado wants. So many reports out there and none of them have any evidence besides hearsay.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:10 PM
  #860
SenzZen
Rik Norris
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
What am I saying that isn't true by the way? Your entire post is a strawman that isn't relevant to anything that I've posted. I was also for acquiring Turris before we did because he has a lot of untapped potential. I also see him as a very valuable 2nd line centre and that's exactly what he was brought in for.

However, this is true because why? We didn't have a 2nd line centre and needed one. If we acquired O'Reilly we would have two players suitable to being a 2nd line centre. Obviously it's possible that we could run 3 centres with great ability, or we could move the one over that has played wing in the past and has looked good doing it as well as having the attributes to be a good winger.

You slinging out personal insults to attempt to avoid actually having to debate a situation doesn't really swing it in your favour. Though again, the internet, maturity, etc.
Things you keep saying as though they are facts:

1) ROR is a Selke-calibre player. He's never even been nominated.

2) Turris' skillset is (better) suited for the wing.

We have a 1C (although he's injured), we have a 2C, and we don't need to pay a 3C $5M/year.

Where did I insult you? By pointing out your flawed logic?

I've been the target of your insults- ironically including "immature", when you've asked me if the reason I criticized Spezza was because he "****ed my girlfriend".

Or did I get the "tone" wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
What is the situation with O'Reilly at this moment? How much is Colorado rumored to be offering him and how much is he wanting?
Rumoured to be asking for $5M per.

SenzZen is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:21 PM
  #861
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
PJ Alfredsson.
Both are awesome they also own a few race horses back in Sweden together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
I doubt that Alfie would ask to go but......

As a loaner Alfie could be worth a prospect plus a conditional 1st / 2nd based on how far the Bruins go. If he re-signs with them next year then the Sens get another pick.
It would be similar to the Kaberle deal. Likely Caron, another prospect and a 2nd which would turn into a 1st if the B's win the Cup or he re-signs with us.


Oh and to the guy who generalized the Bruins fan base as mass holes, thanks a lot

__________________
The Butler did it. In the end zone. With a pick!

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:46 PM
  #862
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
Things you keep saying as though they are facts:

1) ROR is a Selke-calibre player. He's never even been nominated.
I guess not.

Quote:
2011-2012 Frank Selke Trophy Voting, Top 20 Finishers
&nbsp
Pts. (1st-2nd-3rd-4th-5th)
1. Patrice Bergeron, BOS 1,312 (106-30-6-4-0)
2. David Backes, STL 698 (24-46-15-17-10)
3. Pavel Datsyuk, DET 553 (8-30-38-21-10)
4. Ryan Callahan, NYR 326 (6-11-22-22-13)
5. Ryan Kesler, VAN 152 (1-3-14-13-12)
6. Jonathan Toews, CHI 117 (1-2-8-13-14)
7. Mike Fisher, NSH 72 (0-3-6-6-3)
8. Jordan Staal, PIT 67 (0-1-6-7-9)
9. Anze Kopitar, L.A. 62 (0-3-4-4-9)
10. Patrick Sharp, CHI 52 (0-2-5-4-1)
11. Joe Pavelski, S.J. 44 (0-3-0-5-8)
12. Ray Whitney, PHX 36 (0-4-1-1-0)
13. Pascal Dupuis, PIT 28 (1-0-2-2-2)
14. Ryan O’Reilly, COL 27 (0-1-1-3-6)
15. Tomas Plekanec, MTL 25 (0-1-3-1-0)
16. Chris Kelly, BOS 23 (0-1-1-3-2)
17. Marian Hossa, CHI 23 (0-0-2-2-7)
18. Zach Parise, N.J. 18 (0-1-1-2-0)
19. Patrik Elias, N.J. 15 (0-0-0-5-0)
20. Maxime Talbot, PHI 13 (1-0-0-1-0)
But why argue with facts.

Quote:
2) Turris' skillset is (better) suited for the wing.
I've never said that he was 'better' suited to the wing than being a centre. I just said that he has a skillset that is suited to the wing. He has the ability to play there and he has been played there before with success.

Quote:
We have a 1C (although he's injured), we have a 2C, and we don't need to pay a 3C $5M/year.
Pittsburgh won a cup doing that, no? But even if that was the case we wouldn't acquire ROR to have him man the 3rd line C position. Someone would be moved, or moved to the wing.

Quote:
Where did I insult you? By pointing out your flawed logic?

I've been the target of your insults- ironically including "immature", when you've asked me if the reason I criticized Spezza was because he "****ed my girlfriend".

Or did I get the "tone" wrong?
Where did you even point out my flawed logic? You are just trying to supplant opinion with opinion. At least I provide reasoning and often evidence to that reasoning.

You're bringing up something that happened well over a year ago, in which I never insulted you but merely wondered why you were going on a hate parade against Spezza by facetiously asking if he'd done something to wrong you. My mistake. Meanwhile you try to deter people from listening to my arguments by making off-hand remarks and never actually supporting anything that you say.

Anyway, I'm done with you. I like to have rational discussion about hockey I'm not here for the high school stuff.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:49 PM
  #863
Holdurbreathe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
It's not like ROR is supposedly asking for Karlsson money anyway. He's supposedly just looking for a long term deal around 4 - 5 mil.
Everything I have read is he is looking for $5M for 5 years, which is more than anyone on the Senators not named Spezza, Karlsson or Gonchar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Also...you're acting like ROR was playing on some super talented team with the best wingers in the league. Landeskog is great, but he was still a rookie that was able to step in and produce largely because of ROR. ROR playing with some combination of Silfverberg/Alfredsson/Michalek/Latendresse/Greening/etc. would not be getting worse line-mates than what he had in Colorado...but he would also be getting a lot more help from the blueline and a better system.
Sorry I am not acting like ROR was playing on some super talented team.

What I am doing is not minimizing the opportunity he was presented with last season, which under normal circumstances he would never have realized.

I am also not giving him credit for what Landeskog achieved. What you are claiming about ROR is like saying Greening was the reason Spezza had a good year or Michalek scored 35 goals.

I am not questioning ROR's abilities, he is definitely a very good young player with upside. I also can understand Murray inquiring about this player.

What I am questioning is his value after one season filled with anomalies and whether or not he is the answer to the Sens top six needs.

Therefore it goes without saying I do question offering a 22 year old puck moving D-man and a 19 year old top six prospect and a draft pick for a player that doesn't on its own merit address the Sens needs.

I have read your theories on converting Turris to the wing, but frankly your claims on this subject lack substance.

As well I have read your reasoning for O'Brien, however another LD isn't needed. O'Byrne, Elliott or Johnson at least would have appeared to fill a need.


Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 02-20-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Holdurbreathe is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:55 PM
  #864
Holdurbreathe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty26 View Post
jesus thats steep.
You're right and it is why ROR isn't a Ranger or anything other than a holdout.

Holdurbreathe is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:59 PM
  #865
SenzZen
Rik Norris
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,769
vCash: 500
Now if you'd said "a shade worse defensively than Pascal Dupuis" that would have been more accurate, but less helpful to your argument.

SenzZen is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:07 PM
  #866
Johnny Hanson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
I think they wanted Del Zotto + Miller/Krieder + pick.

I think he wants around 5mil longterm.
That is speculation, that has never been stated as fact.

I'm sick and tired of hearing that 5 mil is too much for a 3rd liner. That's why we have turris at 3.5 mil. Is that too much for a 3rd line centre of his calibre? Stop getting all caught up by line numbers. Having 3 really good centres wins you championships

Johnny Hanson is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:09 PM
  #867
Pancakes Pancakes
Registered User
 
Pancakes Pancakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cattawa
Posts: 3,124
vCash: 500
If ROR were to sign here, it would have to be for slightly more than Turris if I were to guess. Simply he has proven at little more than Turris has. Their first two seasons were fairly similar, but ROR performed at a higher level in his thrid year of his ELC, mind you only at a .15 ppg more rate. So Turris is at $3.5/year over 5, then I would imagine ROR should get between $3.5 and $4. This is from the Sens point of view of course.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
  #868
Nizzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
Cody McCormick was waived today cheap brings toughness bottom 6 center


6'3 220

Nizzy is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:16 PM
  #869
Holdurbreathe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hanson View Post
That is speculation, that has never been stated as fact.

I'm sick and tired of hearing that 5 mil is too much for a 3rd liner. That's why we have turris at 3.5 mil. Is that too much for a 3rd line centre of his calibre? Stop getting all caught up by line numbers. Having 3 really good centres wins you championships
Sorry but $5M is too much for a third line player when the cap is ~$64M.

Having three good centers doesn't necessarily guarantee championships. How many did Pittsburgh win with Crosby, Malkin and Staal?

The top teams in the league are so close it takes 20 players all at their best to win a championship, plus a goaltender playing lights out.

Holdurbreathe is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:16 PM
  #870
Indrew
Registered User
 
Indrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,125
vCash: 500
There is a reason why these plugs get waived.

Indrew is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:18 PM
  #871
Holdurbreathe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes Pancakes View Post
If ROR were to sign here, it would have to be for slightly more than Turris if I were to guess. Simply he has proven at little more than Turris has. Their first two seasons were fairly similar, but ROR performed at a higher level in his thrid year of his ELC, mind you only at a .15 ppg more rate. So Turris is at $3.5/year over 5, then I would imagine ROR should get between $3.5 and $4. This is from the Sens point of view of course.
Turris played behind Spezza, ROR had the luxury of playing first line and PP minutes, so of course the numbers will be skewed.

If ROR was willing to sign for $3.5M - $4M he wouldn't be a holdout.

Holdurbreathe is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:19 PM
  #872
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev
 
SixthSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,758
vCash: 500
I would mind claiming McCormick. From what I'm reading here he gives an honest effort every shift. It would also allow Grant to go back to Bingo, who IMO still needs some seasoning down in the AHL.

SixthSens is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:24 PM
  #873
Holdurbreathe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
I would mind claiming McCormick. From what I'm reading here he gives an honest effort every shift. It would also allow Grant to go back to Bingo, who IMO still needs some seasoning down in the AHL.
I watched Grant last night and he looked more relaxed and did a very good job on the 4th line. He is such a good skater, he just needs time to adjust.

PS not sure why fans on this board are always so anxious to claim other team's castoffs. McCormick is 29 years old and really isn't better than any of Ottawa's 4th line players.


Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 02-20-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Holdurbreathe is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:27 PM
  #874
SenzZen
Rik Norris
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Pittsburgh won a cup doing that, no? But even if that was the case we wouldn't acquire ROR to have him man the 3rd line C position. Someone would be moved, or moved to the wing.
No, they didn't. They won it while Staal was on his ELC.

SenzZen is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:30 PM
  #875
Kezia
egg
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,862
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hanson View Post
That is speculation, that has never been stated as fact.

I'm sick and tired of hearing that 5 mil is too much for a 3rd liner. That's why we have turris at 3.5 mil. Is that too much for a 3rd line centre of his calibre? Stop getting all caught up by line numbers. Having 3 really good centres wins you championships
Its rumours from Friedman.

ROR isn't and wouldn't be a 3rd line center here.

Its the same thing as Turris, he asking for more than hes worth so he can be traded.

Kezia is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.