HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Malkin's Line Concerns Me Deeply. Panic!

Old
02-11-2013, 09:38 PM
SEALBound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFanSince1989 View Post
Seriously? We lose 2 in a row and some fans want to trade Malkin cause of if?

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:39 PM
WarriorScholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Malkin to LA?

Malkin, Kunitz, Tangradi

For

Kopitar, Richards, Brown

Dupuis-Crosby-Brown
Richards-Kopitar-Neal

Close?
Not at all. It wouldn't be a team like the kings, oilers, or blues making an overpayment for Malkin like I was referring to. When mentioning a crazy trade offer, it would come from a bottom dweller wanting to be relevant finally. Put fans in the seats. Not happening though. Once malkin is locked up, fans will stop with the comments

WarriorScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:45 PM
SEALBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
Not at all. It wouldn't be a team like the kings, oilers, or blues making an overpayment for Malkin like I was referring to. When mentioning a crazy trade offer, it would come from a bottom dweller wanting to be relevant finally. Put fans in the seats. Not happening though. Once malkin is locked up, fans will stop with the comments
Lolz, check the standings for LA bub

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:52 PM
WarriorScholar

Quote:
Lolz, check the standings for LA bub
They're a bottom dweller eam? Living at or near the bottom of the standings every year , with no relevance whatsoever? Cool.

WarriorScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Sidgeni Malkby

This thread is hilarious...didn't read all of it and didn't get around to posting when it was shorter...

In our yesteryears...
We used to be able to pair Lemieux and Jagr together for long stretches in game when down.

Right now with our present crew, I see Malkin and Crosby together for a shift here and there, but never for long periods when we're down.

What I would say is...
DB needs to have a plan to go 1/2 game with a line of Malkin <-> Crosby - Neal.

What that really means is...
Structure semi-competent 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines with our 1st line loaded.

This may make player acquisition easier as you may not be looking for a scoring winger, but instead making a decent playmaking center/winger that doesn't cost $6M.

We may find some hidden chemistry on a new 2nd line and have Malkin & Crosby play together permanently.

Sidgeni Malkby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:10 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidgeni Malkby View Post
This thread is hilarious...didn't read all of it and didn't get around to posting when it was shorter...

In our yesteryears...
We used to be able to pair Lemieux and Jagr together for long stretches in game when down.

Right now with our present crew, I see Malkin and Crosby together for a shift here and there, but never for long periods when we're down.

What I would say is...
DB needs to have a plan to go 1/2 game with a line of Malkin <-> Crosby - Neal.

What that really means is...
Structure semi-competent 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines with our 1st line loaded.

This may make player acquisition easier as you may not be looking for a scoring winger, but instead making a decent playmaking center/winger that doesn't cost $6M.

We may find some hidden chemistry on a new 2nd line and have Malkin & Crosby play together permanently.
Check out the lines for the next 2-3 minutes after Crosby/Malkin are out there together. It's ugly. No way in hell I'd ever do this. It's bad enough Bylsma throws them together every time someone on the other team looks at him sideways.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Check out the lines for the next 2-3 minutes after Crosby/Malkin are out there together. It's ugly. No way in hell I'd ever do this. It's bad enough Bylsma throws them together every time someone on the other team looks at him sideways.
Oddly enough they don't even seem to play that well together when they do get put out as a line after a pk or whatever. I've noticed many shifts where that line gets put out and gets pinned in our zone for a minute, probably because Malkin and Sid aren't used to playing wing or together 5-5.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:23 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Yeah seriously. He completely left out the other players the Pens had on those teams that allowed them to do that.

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:52 AM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Yeah seriously. He completely left out the other players the Pens had on those teams that allowed them to do that.
Are you trying to suggest that Francis, Mullen, Stevens, Tocchet, etc. are more talented than Dupuis, Kunitz, Cooke, and Craig Adams?

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:13 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
You're being too nice Burgundy.

Yes, let's trade arguably the best player in the world / biggest talent on the team because he's not Canadian, because he let's his emotions get to him sometimes. Because he's an easier "concern" when neither super-star is playing to their full potential. Great idea. I knew as soon as I saw the thread this morning that was going to come up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFanSince1989 View Post
Seriously? We lose 2 in a row and some fans want to trade Malkin cause of if?
Has nothing to do with him being Russian or because we've lost the last two games. Go look up some of my past posts... I've always been a supporter of having more depth than a really top heavy team. Consider Crosby to be the better, more consistent player.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:49 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Malkin and his line will be fine....

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:22 AM
Parise9Crosby87

let boychuk play with crosby i think kunitz crosby boychuk would be nice

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Pavalski and Couture? 6.8m in cap space. I'd move him for RNH and Eberle (RNH will likely sign the same type of deal Ebs and Hall just did). But then I'm of the opinion that 1 super star is enough, and would be content with quality depth surrounding him vs having 2 superstars and jack **** for depth. It's not a popular opinion around here... but c'est la vie... everyone has one, and that's mine.
Pavelski and Couture is at best = to Malkin IMO and it's unrealistic because Couture will get a pretty hefty raise in 2 seasons. The point is, we can keep Malkin and get an upgrade if we ever develop one in house. For example, Malkin + Bennett (if he is what we hope) >> than Pavelski + Couture. So we did that without trading arguably the best player in the world.

I am amazed at how many posters are willing to trade a 2 time Art Ross, conne smythe, hart trophy player.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:22 AM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I am amazed at how many posters are willing to trade a 2 time Art Ross, conne smythe, hart trophy player.
This board is now mostly unreadable after a loss. Or, the horror, after two losses!

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Malkin to LA?

Malkin, Kunitz, Tangradi

For

Kopitar, Richards, Brown

Dupuis-Crosby-Brown
Richards-Kopitar-Neal

Close?
Take out Kunitz and that's close (of course it wouldn't work with the cap hits). In any hypothetical Malkin trade (which all are since it shouldn't and won't ever happen) you absolutely cannot have Pascal *** dupuis in the top 6. Not even looking at the trade itself, if you told me we traded Staal and Malkin and Dupuis was still on the first line, I'd freak the **** out.

Old
02-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Has nothing to do with him being Russian or because we've lost the last two games. Go look up some of my past posts... I've always been a supporter of having more depth than a really top heavy team. Consider Crosby to be the better, more consistent player.
That sounds great in a bubble. Actually, no it doesn't but I can accept that it's your opinion. However, once you start putting names in the trade, you quickly realize you will lose every Malkin trade. Your Pavelski, Couture trade sucks. Every potential trade sucks.

Old
02-12-2013, 08:28 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

I'm really beginning to hate most of you guys.

This board goes through so many mood swings I'm starting to think you're all menopausal.

Relax dummies.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post

This board goes through so many mood swings I'm starting to think you're all menopausal.

Relax dummies.
I'm beginning to think you are my favorite poster

Old
02-12-2013, 08:43 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by You idiots
Uhh. We need more top 6 wingers. uhh!

Sutter's untouchable!

Wingers! uhh!

Shero's really high on (insert every defensive prospect)!

Bylsma isn't sharing!
Shaddup already.

This board becomes unreadable if we lose two games in a row.

Every team has holes in their lineup...and if they don't right now, the salary cap will rip them open in a year or two anyways. Quit acting like having 2 generational talents on one team for the second time in the franchise's history and 1-3 Stanley Cups in your lifetime isn't enough for you (based on the quality of your posts I assume most of you are 14 years old or younger).

I get why a lot of other fans hate us.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:47 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post

Relax dummies.
well someone isn't getting any sexts from me this valentines.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Tafkak

Send a message via AIM to Tafkak
I figured this was going to happen. I check the board for the first time in a couple days... And come to the realization I'd rather run into a wall head first than read a lot of this garbage.

Tafkak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:35 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Malkin and his line will be fine....
This

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:52 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Pavalski and Couture? 6.8m in cap space. I'd move him for RNH and Eberle (RNH will likely sign the same type of deal Ebs and Hall just did). But then I'm of the opinion that 1 super star is enough, and would be content with quality depth surrounding him vs having 2 superstars and jack **** for depth. It's not a popular opinion around here... but c'est la vie... everyone has one, and that's mine.
Couture is on a sweetheart deal before becoming an RFA so I deem that one invalid

RNH and Eberle is a case where the other team would probably just play it safe and keep what they have. Eberle is really good and despite his sophomore struggles I think RNH will be equally as good.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:02 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Couture is on a sweetheart deal before becoming an RFA so I deem that one invalid

RNH and Eberle is a case where the other team would probably just play it safe and keep what they have. Eberle is really good and despite his sophomore struggles I think RNH will be equally as good.
Well, RNH would theoretically be better in a situation where he's not the #1.

But, again, it's pointless. You don't trade Evgeni Malkin unless you have to, and the Penguins have a ton of cap space and a ton of prospects to 1) continue to not have cap problems 2) use in trades to balance out the roster.

All of the issues the Pens are experiencing right now are only an issue because they are playing a 48-game season with ZERO pre-season. There was no time to try ET, TK, Glass, BB, et al on Malkin's line. There was no time to try them all on Crosby's line. There was no time to do a whole lot of anything. The team is working through the issues on the fly. The only thing they HAVE to do is keep finding ways to win until Shero can find the solutions.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Shady Machine

I am deeply concerned about Malkin's line.