HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rebuild swap with 1 change

Old
02-11-2013, 06:35 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
I'm surprised Tampa hasn't gotten any love.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:39 PM
PAZ

Honestly the only teams I consider rebuilding at the moment are

Avs, Jackets, Oilers, Panthers, Islanders, Leafs, Jets.

Rest of the teams are either just retooling or contenders. I might throw in the Sens since they are rebuilding with a younger core, but they're still playoff contenders so I didn't add them.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:51 PM
the_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torr View Post
Stastny's pay has nothing to do with anything.

He's an overpaid player who would still be a solid #2 on almost every team.

O'Reilly, if he is signed also is a solid #2 on a lot of teams.

And while Duchene has a lot to prove still, he has stepped up so far this year as our #1 center winning a ton of draws each game and putting up respectable points.
If his production is gonna drop every year it has everything to do with anything. His 6.6 per year could go for two solid players or one real good player that would produce at least PPG.

Watching Stastny every game, i just don't see a player that should make 6.6 mill. With that salary Avs could use a much better player which is much needed right now for this team. They could pay that kind of money for a #1 d-man.

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:54 PM
AvsWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I definitely love what they have done. They also picked a really good year to draft #1, Stamkos is a beast.

AvsWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:03 AM
dahrougem2

One team? Edmonton

One change? Bring in Landeskog good god imagine the team with him

Hall/Nugent-Hopkins/Eberle
Landeskog/Gagner/Yakupov
Harikainen/Hemsky/Paajarvi
Smyth/Horcoff/Jones

Holy mother of ***** **** ******* ********** what a top 6, & for those wondering Hemsky has played centre in his career in the Czech Republic alongside Jaromir Jagr, that's why I slotted him at centre. Don't care how many goals you allow this team should score 3 to 5 goals per game

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:30 AM
ChrisNI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
One team? Edmonton

One change? Bring in Landeskog good god imagine the team with him

Hall/Nugent-Hopkins/Eberle
Landeskog/Gagner/Yakupov
Harikainen/Hemsky/Paajarvi
Smyth/Horcoff/Jones

Holy mother of ***** **** ******* ********** what a top 6, & for those wondering Hemsky has played centre in his career in the Czech Republic alongside Jaromir Jagr, that's why I slotted him at centre. Don't care how many goals you allow this team should score 3 to 5 goals per game
You'd better win a cup within a year or 2 because that roster bill is going to massive! haha

Unless you bring in scrubs for D and pay them peanuts.

ChrisNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Yup, and like all rebuilding clubs we lack depth to deal with injuries.
Well none of the teams can survive losing 3 top-6 players on offense. It's normal.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNI View Post
If you could swap our roster with any other rebuilding teams roster who would you pick?

I was originally thinking the oilers but in a couple of years that team will blow up once all those superstar rookies become UFAs as that will be an expensive team.

Now I'm thinking the leafs! They are seen by many as a joke team but I actually like them.

I like their coach and really wish the Avs brought him in, I like their D with the likes of Phaneuf and I like their forward core like Kessel and Kadri coming up.

My one change would be to bring Varly.

They would be a very well rounded team and with some slight tweaks, they would have the potential to be a great team.

What do you think?
Wait for it...

Everything is going RIGHT for the Leafs right now. Carlyle has got them playing very well, which is ZERO surprise because he's actually A GOOD COACH!

I remember being one of MANY who wanted the Avs to bring this guy in, instead of the stooge we've got now.

Just like last year though, I don't see it being sustained and I think they'll come back down to earth. They 'might' make the playoffs but I just don't see them as a team that's built the right way for the long-term.

I certainly wouldn't switch our team with theirs, no way jose.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Razor29
Bandwagon Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
If his production is gonna drop every year it has everything to do with anything. His 6.6 per year could go for two solid players or one real good player that would produce at least PPG.

Watching Stastny every game, i just don't see a player that should make 6.6 mill. With that salary Avs could use a much better player which is much needed right now for this team. They could pay that kind of money for a #1 d-man.
I am not arguing the fact that he is overpaid. I am just pointing out that his pay has nothing to do with the center depth we currently have.

I disagree with your statement saying our centers are overrated when Duchene has been arguably a #1 C all year, Stastny is a good option for a #2 C and if O'Reilly was playing, he would also be a good #2 C.

Stastny could be making 10 mil a year or 2 mil a year and that doesn't change the facts that the Avs are still pretty set for centers.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Not a lot of cap space, and still a weak prospect base despite better drafting in recent years. Plus, that Lecavalier contract is bad no matter how you cut it.

I feel like that team is gonna hit the skids in a big way when St. Louis finally leaves.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote