HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LAME DAY THREAD: 11 Feb 2013 - Wild @ Flames - FSN+ - 8PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2013, 11:08 PM
  #776
Dampland
Registered User
 
Dampland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: town
Country: United States
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by melinko View Post
The sax remix if anyone is wondering ended up being.

The original version of this song from the late 70's early 80's is MUCH better.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:08 PM
  #777
StealthClobber
EUCALYPTUS!!!
 
StealthClobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Since nobody has posted it yet.


StealthClobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:08 PM
  #778
Nino Noderreiter
Registered User
 
Nino Noderreiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 2,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dampland View Post
the original version of this song from the late 70's early 80's is much better.
muuuchhh

Nino Noderreiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:09 PM
  #779
LemaireisGOD
Registered User
 
LemaireisGOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nowhere, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
My take...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/201...-vs-lames.html

Not great, and certainly not ideal having to go to a shootout to get a win with Vancouver on the horizon tomorrow, but I'll take it. Pretty moves by Koivu and Parise and I thought our defense played really well. But they'll have to dig deep if they want to win tomorrow. I have prospect updates on Gunnarsson and Nanne. Enjoy!

LemaireisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:09 PM
  #780
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,159
vCash: 500
At what point does the coaching staff realize that by taking Heatley off the first line he becomes completely ineffective. The only way he is going to be successful and for us to get use out of him is putting him back with Koivu and Parise where he belongs.

Since Coyle has been on that line Coyle has how many points?? Heatley has how many points?? I don't care if Coyle has looked good this is about a team that has completely struggled offensively. The only way we get anything out of Heatley is on that top line and PP. Otherwise you may as well scratch him.

Granlund looked great again..he's figuring out the NHL game..soon enough he will contribute with points on the board.

Also Seto impressed me for the 4th straight game.

Brodin is a beast and Suter looked better.

Greasy, Grimy, Gross win. But no complaints. Beat Vancouver tomorrow and that'd be one hell of an accomplishment. Hopefully some offense shows up.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:10 PM
  #781
ewoksonhoth
Most People are DJ's
 
ewoksonhoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sadly, Superior, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
for those down on Suter...check out Doughty's stats.
That's real ugly.

ewoksonhoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:11 PM
  #782
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's game to see if the TSN guys will notice Brodin.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:11 PM
  #783
Sportserie
Registered User
 
Sportserie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
At what point does the coaching staff realize that by taking Heatley off the first line he becomes completely ineffective. The only way he is going to be successful and for us to get use out of him is putting him back with Koivu and Parise where he belongs.
I agree. He has lost something big time and that line in general is off.

Sportserie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:12 PM
  #784
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
for those down on Suter...check out Doughty's stats.
He's on my fantasy team, thanks for the reminder.

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:13 PM
  #785
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Brodin's TOI: 24:51

Only Gilbert and Suter have played more.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:13 PM
  #786
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 23,989
vCash: 50
I like heater on the second line. i didn't see Coyle in as favorable light as most of the people on here his first couple games but overall I still think our top two lines haven't looked any more dangerous at any other point this year. I mean in aggregate--either it was one or the other. Both are getting chances now.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:14 PM
  #787
melinko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Brodin's TOI: 24:51

Only Gilbert and Suter have played more.
Brodin must be close to top 5v5 icetime.

melinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:16 PM
  #788
Sportsfan1
Registered User
 
Sportsfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,909
vCash: 500
I've liked Coyle's game, he drew that penatly in the first and I think like Granlund he'll get there, I'm willing to give these guys some more time on their respective lines.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:23 PM
  #789
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,366
vCash: 500
I thought Granlund had a tremendous game. Set up Heater and Seto plenty of times, neither could bury.

Suter looked like a pile of crap. Granlund gave him that nice feed in the OT and he waited and shot it into the Calgary forward. That was some Stoner crap right there.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:31 PM
  #790
LemaireisGOD
Registered User
 
LemaireisGOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nowhere, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
I thought Granlund had a tremendous game. Set up Heater and Seto plenty of times, neither could bury.

Suter looked like a pile of crap. Granlund gave him that nice feed in the OT and he waited and shot it into the Calgary forward. That was some Stoner crap right there.
Suter looked like crap? Granlund was pretty much neutralized throughout most of the game. The one great pass he did have amounted to nothing as Suter wasn't ready to shoot. Granlund had few other moments on the boards but outstanding?!?!

It must be opposite day where you're at. You have your adjectives switched around.

LemaireisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:32 PM
  #791
Eple
It ain't easy being
 
Eple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Turku
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,011
vCash: 500
Some notes from todays game:

- I'm not that impressed with Coyle.didn't make any difference in the first line, just put Heatley back in the first line. He's best utilized there
- What's up with Parise? Didn't see him hustling in his typical fashion.
- again very solid game from Brodin, he looks lke a veteran out there. Man I love that guy, even tho' he's a swede!
- Granlund's getting there, some nice plays again but ineffective in the corners.
- After losing all hope in Cullen after the first games, he's gotten much better.
- goals are increadibly hard to come by for this team but at least we got the win here and thats all that matters.

Eple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:33 PM
  #792
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 500
Was this posted already?

Quote:
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

Setoguchi: One of the ugliest wins you'll ever see #mnwild

Haite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:34 PM
  #793
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Yes.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:34 PM
  #794
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaireisGOD View Post
Suter looked like crap? Granlund was pretty much neutralized throughout most of the game. The one great pass he did have amounted to nothing as Suter wasn't ready to shoot. Granlund had few other moments on the boards but outstanding?!?!

It must be opposite day where you're at. You have your adjectives switched around.
Yes, Suter making extremely questionable decisions on the defensive end. Terrible on the PP. Couldn't take a shot to save his life. Yes, terrible.

There were at least 4 opportunities in which Granlund gave others to score within 12 feet of the end. They either couldn't get a shot or couldn't handle the pass. Yes, he looked absolutely outstanding. He even won some battles on the boards. He looked pretty damn good. If he had someone that can score than this is a different story.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:35 PM
  #795
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Finally a road puck for our puck wall. #updatedpicwhenigethome
http://twitter.com/styleswild/status/301202100799545344

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:36 PM
  #796
Nino Noderreiter
Registered User
 
Nino Noderreiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 2,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eple View Post
Some notes from todays game:

- I'm not that impressed with Coyle.didn't make any difference in the first line, just put Heatley back in the first line. He's best utilized there
- What's up with Parise? Didn't see him hustling in his typical fashion.
- again very solid game from Brodin, he looks lke a veteran out there. Man I love that guy, even tho' he's a swede!
- Granlund's getting there, some nice plays again but ineffective in the corners.
- After losing all hope in Cullen after the first games, he's gotten much better.
- goals are increadibly hard to come by for this team but at least we got the win here and thats all that matters.
Disagree Granlund won more battles than anyone tonight ...

Nino Noderreiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:36 PM
  #797
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,251
vCash: 500
I agree that Granlund played well but I really didn't think Suter was terrible, I thought he had a pretty good game.

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:39 PM
  #798
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party
 
Randy BoBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 500
I really like how Granlund has been moving his feet lately. He is looking much faster and up to speed with the game the past two games. Still getting out muscled down low, but that isn't going change. He just has to keep his feet moving in the offensive zone and not slow the game down as much as he is used to. He is definitely making improvement though. Good job and I hope he continues to learn and adapt to the new level of play he is facing. Very encouraging.

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:40 PM
  #799
NugarifiK
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St. Paul --> Boulder
Country: United States
Posts: 458
vCash: 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eple View Post
Some notes from todays game:
- What's up with Parise? Didn't see him hustling in his typical fashion.
He's getting over the flu.

NugarifiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:43 PM
  #800
Nino Noderreiter
Registered User
 
Nino Noderreiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 2,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy View Post
I really like how Granlund has been moving his feet lately. He is looking much faster and up to speed with the game the past two games. Still getting out muscled down low, but that isn't going change. He just has to keep his feet moving in the offensive zone and not slow the game down as much as he is used to. He is definitely making improvement though. Good job and I hope he continues to learn and adapt to the new level of play he is facing. Very encouraging.
Again, disagree...he won more battles and held onto the puck more effectively down low than anyone tonight and it wasnt that close.

Nino Noderreiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.