HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXII

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 02:03 PM
hockeyfish

vCash: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
I remember hearing a while back that he tried to deal Liles for Brassard at the deadline the summer before Liles was traded for a second.

I'm very up and down on Brassard. He is excellent in finding the trailing guy on the rush, but his boards play makes me vomit in my mouth. Most days I whine about how he doesn't play physical, but one game I was at he leveled Chara of all people. He's got a ton of talent and just no consistency.
I seem to remember someone like Svatos leveling Chara as well. I think the dude is just very top heavy

As for the idea, sure, maybe. But not for O'Reilly. It just doesn't really make sense. That is another team that just doesn't match up well. They don't have the money to spend, and only assets I can see us really going after there are Murray or their 1st, neither of which are going to happen.

Best match, in my opinion, is Anaheim. While they don't necessarily need him, I think they are in desperate need of young top forwards with Selanne and Koivu aging rapidly and Getzlaf and Perry pending free agents. Seems like they could use a young forward to build around along with Ryan.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Enstrom was that good when he was with Atlanta. I can't imagine they were ever thinking of trading him. He is the perfect partner for Byfuglien.
Yeah Tobby's been an amazing player for years, but he recieved little credit because he played in ATL. My top 5 favourite player in the league.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:28 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
where's this Brassard talk coming from?

Old
02-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Crisp Breakout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
where's this Brassard talk coming from?
Friedman said he's available. Someone mentioned he's one of Sherman's long time targets.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:31 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Elliotte Friedman said he was available in his latest column:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-no-fluke.html

He has been a known target for this organization in the past. No rumors that he is heading to Colorado.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:35 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Elliotte Friedman said he was available in his latest column:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-no-fluke.html

He has been a known target for this organization in the past. No rumors that he is heading to Colorado.
I see...I was getting confused by the post on the first page saying it was an "E5" to the Avs, with other people talking about Ek...thought there was some rumor or something

Old
02-11-2013, 02:36 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I see...I was getting confused by the post on the first page saying it was an "E5" to the Avs, with other people talking about Ek...thought there was some rumor or something
Nah I was just being a smartass.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Enstrom was that good when he was with Atlanta. I can't imagine they were ever thinking of trading him. He is the perfect partner for Byfuglien.
Possibly, but it seemed like there was some wiggle room, and rumors floating around a bit with the idea that they had Byfuglien and Bogo and needed help at forward.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:56 PM
BrickAHL
#Shermy is ELEPHANT

vCash: 432
Would you guys do this trade?

Patrick Bordeleau and Shane O'Brien for Yannick Weber and a 5th rounder?

Old
02-11-2013, 04:58 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post

I would. Avs are not really in need of an enforcer. It is not like we are going for the playoffs and McLeod, Malone and one of our dmen could protect our guys just fine.

Last edited by JoemAvs: 02-11-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old
02-11-2013, 05:01 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post

Probably...

Borde has little to no value. SOB for Weber and a 5th would be fair, but I don't see much value in Weber when we have Barrie and Elliott would could provide the same thing without giving anything up. It would be more to get rid of SOB than anything.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:14 PM
JoemAvs

Assuming the rumors about Sherm having a crush on Brassard are true.

Would you like Brassard + Moore + NYR or LAK 1st for ROR?

Old
02-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

I'd probably want to give Barrie at least 15 games before that trade. I think Barrie can provide what Weber can provide.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:23 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post

I don't think that the Avs could get all of that for just ROR...but of course, I could be wrong.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Why would we want Brassard? Him being the main piece coming back in a deal for O'Reilly would be terrible. If they're going to trade O'Reilly, it should be for a young defenseman.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:28 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:

Yeah. I like Moore. Not a huge Brassard fan, but a change of scenery could help and he's at least decent. Banishing O'Reilly to the BJs would be hilarious too.

I doubt the BJs would do that though, that's practically 3 1sts for RoR. Maybe without the NYR 1st in there they might go for it.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:31 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:

Yeah that is a deal I would do before Columbus backed out. Brassard could be a good #3 behind Stastny and Duchene. Moore will be a good top 4 defensemen. The 1st would be in the 10-25 range. Columbus wouldn't do that deal though. The 1st would need to be taken away or Moore will have to be changed out with Erixon.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:33 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
Yeah. I like Moore. Not a huge Brassard fan, but a change of scenery could help and he's at least decent. Banishing O'Reilly to the BJs would be hilarious too.

I doubt the BJs would do that though, that's practically 3 1sts for RoR. Maybe without the NYR 1st in there they might go for it.
Well my take as well. But I really like Moore. And looking at his numbers maybe I am wrong. Brassard really does not have 1st round value anymore to me and we are talking about very high picks probably (I see both teams getting their act together soon).
And It was an offer from a CBJ fan so it probably is not that far off.
Moore is still rather unproven.
I might be fine with adding our 2nd to this proposal like Sherm did in the EJ trade.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post

Brassard was drafted 7 years ago and hasn't lived up to his potential. He has never even hit 50 points even though he got a lot of ice time with Nash. Moore is unproven at this point, he could be good but we don't know.

So it would be O'Reilly for a decent center we don't really need, a young unproven defenseman, and possibly a late 1st round pick. Sherman should be fired on the spot for making a trade like that.

We're also talking about the Blue Jackets here. They ruin every prospect/young player so you're taking a big chance by trading for one of their guys.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

#NHL scouts coming to Columbus in droves for tonight #CBJ vs #SJSharks. #CBJ not home again for 15 days, so Midwest scouts see them now.

#NHL scouts from: BOS, CAR, CHI 2, COL, DET, EDM, MINN, MON, NASH, NJ, NYR, OTT, PHIL 2, PITT, TB, VAN, WPG ... total of 19 in Nationwide.

Last edited by Freudian: 02-11-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: OMG We're going to trade O'Reilly to Columbus
Old
02-11-2013, 06:15 PM
hockeyfish

vCash: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Brassard was drafted 7 years ago and hasn't lived up to his potential. He has never even hit 50 points even though he got a lot of ice time with Nash. Moore is unproven at this point, he could be good but we don't know.

So it would be O'Reilly for a decent center we don't really need, a young unproven defenseman, and possibly a late 1st round pick. Sherman should be fired on the spot for making a trade like that.

We're also talking about the Blue Jackets here. They ruin every prospect/young player so you're taking a big chance by trading for one of their guys.
You're way over-rating the return O'Reilly will get. Everyone is. I'd be jumping for joy if we get anything of good value, which Moore and the 1st certainly have.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:25 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post

Brassard hasn't lived up to his potential, but he has become a low end #2. On the Avs he would be a #3 that would allow the Avs to roll 3 scoring lines like they were planning on this year. While his point production hasn't been great he can be relied on for 35-45 points a season, which is plenty for that role. Plus he could be a guy that could fill in when Stastny or Duchene got hurt. It wouldn't be ROR sort of production, but that is why you would try to get more out of the deal (in this case Moore and a 1st).

Moore is still young defensemen that has a fairly high ceiling. He should be a greating skating, good sized (6'3" 203 lbs), two way top 4 defensemen. He would be a solid partner for Barrie or Elliott in the future. The 1st just replenishes the prospect pool.

Also, ROR's production is getting highly overrated around here. He is a good #2 that has produced over 26 points exactly once in his career. In other words his 55 points might be his peak, or could be just his beginning. He is still quite an unknown player offensively. If he settled into a role where he was a 50 point #2 C, Brassard, Moore, and a 1st would be an excellent return. I don't know what to say if you think we are going to get a better deal than that. IMO the only way that we get 'fair' value is if we trade ROR for a true top pairing defensemen and the Avs may have to add.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:33 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I'd be happy with a young top 3/4 defenseman. It fills an organizational need and the value, at least IMO, is there. We can all hope for a top pairing defensemen, but teams don't just give those away.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
You're way over-rating the return O'Reilly will get. Everyone is. I'd be jumping for joy if we get anything of good value, which Moore and the 1st certainly have.
We don't know if Moore is any good. Might be an upgrade over what we currently have but still not good enough for O'Reilly. That's a huge risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Also, ROR's production is getting highly overrated around here. He is a good #2 that has produced over 26 points exactly once in his career. In other words his 55 points might be his peak, or could be just his beginning. He is still quite an unknown player offensively. If he settled into a role where he was a 50 point #2 C, Brassard, Moore, and a 1st would be an excellent return. I don't know what to say if you think we are going to get a better deal than that. IMO the only way that we get 'fair' value is if we trade ROR for a true top pairing defensemen and the Avs may have to add.
You're only looking at the offensive side of things. If O'Reilly's peak is 55 points, that's still better than what Brassard has accomplished thus far and their defense isn't even close.

I know we're not going to get a top pairing defenseman for O'Reilly but I'm hoping we can get someone who has actually shown something at the NHL level. I've only seen Moore play a couple of times and didn't think he was anything special. Trading for one of CBJ's hyped former first round picks also scares the **** out of me. They have no clue what they're doing. Either they're bad at drafting or they just can't develop young players.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:49 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Couturier's scratch probably has nothing to do with ROR, but getting a package of him and something else would be pretty damn good.

Closed Thread