HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXII

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 02:08 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
A comatose Sacco would be better than Sacco
just made me choke on my lunch.
Well done sir

Old
02-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I would think that they would value both Silfverberg and Cowen about the same as we value someone like Landeskog/Duchene/Varlamov.

Not to say anyone one of those players are better than the other, but in terms of Team Value, I would expect to be told that it would take someone like the 3 I mentioned to get both Cowen and Silfverberg in a deal
They may value them highly, but trade value wise I don't think it's anywhere near those guys you mentioned. The Avs would be giving them the best player, and Cowen just had another season ending injury, and doesn't really project to be a big point producing defenseman.

Silfverberg's not really a slam dunk either, he just looks promising. He could potentially slip into a good 3rd line two way guy, if he never finds any offensive consistency. Some people out there have that concern about him. I think it could go either way.

I think the Avs might be able to add something reasonable to bring in that package.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:24 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
I'm wondering about LaRose. He's a chippy guy who can usually get 10-15 goals a season. He's off to a bad start, and is a UFA at years end. Not sure how Carolina views him, but I'd ok parting with O'Brien or O'Byrne for him.
I'd be okay with LaRose for ROB. Both UFA's, both add some depth to both teams. Another realistic idea might be SOB/ROB/Hunwick for Dalpe. Dalpe has some potential left in him. Fairly good offensive instincts, good speed, great shot, strong work ethic, and can play wing. I'd be willing to take a flyer on him to see if he could stick in our top 9, he would at least add a really good shot to our #2PP.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:56 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
It's official, Landeskog off of IR and Sgarbossa back to LE

Quote:
Colorado Avalanche ‏@Avalanche
ROSTER MOVES: Gabriel Landeskog activated from IR. Michael Sgarbossa reassigned to @monstershockey.

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
Old
02-22-2013, 03:57 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Sgarbossa go back and dominate the AHL now

Old
02-22-2013, 04:03 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
It's official, Landeskog off of IR and Sgarbossa back to LE
Thank goodness for both. The Pirate was being wasted as a healthy scratch. Let's hope Gabe is fully okay and isn't rushing himself back.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Thank goodness for both. The Pirate was being wasted as a healthy scratch. Let's hope Gabe is fully okay and isn't rushing himself back.
He said today that he wanted to come back against Nashville, and that was two games ago on Monday. Mentioned the medical staff as the reason, so they were probably extra safe.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Hello!

I am a Canucks fan but I come in peace!

Long story short:

We need a playmaker for Kesler and Booth and I hate that GMMG didn't sign PA Parenteau in the offseason. Any chance the Avs would trade him? Being in the division we would obviously need to overpay.

I dont really know what the Avs need besides NHL D so feel free to modify/counter offer...

Ballard is having a huge comeback season and is our most easily moved dman (the rest of our LHS Dmen have NTCs)

I was thinking of something like Ballard, 2nd and a D prospect/3rd? Would that work? Or just a 1st and a 3rd?

Or we can do a AV for Sacco trade

Old
02-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Yes, we just signed a guy to a 4 year contract, he's got 15 points in 17 games played but we're going to trade him to our RIVAL for Keith motherfrikkin' Ballard??!

Sounds good..where do we sign?

Old
02-25-2013, 12:26 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Hello!

Long story short:

We need a playmaker for Kesler and Booth and I hate that GMMG didn't sign PA Parenteau in the offseason. Any chance the Avs would trade him? Being in the division we would obviously need to overpay.

I dont really know what the Avs need besides NHL D so feel free to modify/counter offer...

Ballard is having a huge comeback season and is our most easily moved dman (the rest of our LHS Dmen have NTCs)

I was thinking of something like Ballard, 2nd and a D prospect/3rd? Would that work? Or just a 1st and a 3rd?

He is essentially the only bright spot on an otherwise dismal off-season. I don't see any way we move him at this point.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Hello!

Long story short:

Does not compute.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:30 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Hello!

Long story short:

PAP has been one of the few real bright spots for this team. He is untouchable for anything less than an extreme overpayment. But if you need a playmaker we got a RFA that could be had, he will also take an overpayment though.

Old
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Deal!

Old
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
So apparently, after getting completely hosed (using a more PG term here than what was originally described) by the Maple Leafs in a deal for JM Liles for ONLY A 2ND!!!!, he's been a healthy scratch for 3 straight games.

So, I wonder, if he's STILL AWESOME but it's just that the REST of the leafs are so much more AWESOMER or maybe, just maybe, it turns out it wasn't that bad of a deal after all?

It's only another 3 years at $3.85M.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1359815

That article also mentions that Gunnarsson may also NOT be "the greatest top 4 guy that no one has heard of, of all time" either?! Could that really be?!?

Old
02-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
So apparently, after getting completely hosed (using a more PG term here than what was originally described) by the Maple Leafs in a deal for JM Liles for ONLY A 2ND!!!!, he's been a healthy scratch for 3 straight games.

So, I wonder, if he's STILL AWESOME but it's just that the REST of the leafs are so much more AWESOMER or maybe, just maybe, it turns out it wasn't that bad of a deal after all?

That article also mentions that Gunnarsson may also NOT be "the greatest top 4 guy that no one has heard of, of all time" either?! Could that really be?!?
I said a few weeks ago that I think Liles has been hesitant going after pucks since his concussions. Puck retrieval is a big part of why he is semi-decent in his own zone despite his size.

Liles is probably much more a Wilson than a Carlyle guy too.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:47 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post

Damn it... Now we will get nothing but Bozak + Liles (he was once valued as a 2nd) for Stastny proposals.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:22 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Long story short:

Trade us Garrison for some crap? No? Same logic applies.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Gentlemen, let's not be confrontational or aggressive to visitors, OK?

If they get aggressive/rude/whatever, use the Report Post button and a mod will deal with it.

We have a reputation for being a friendly board. Let's keep it that way, OK?

Old
02-25-2013, 01:38 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Dat BT iron fist!

Old
02-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

This is the new me:

Old
02-25-2013, 01:53 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Gentlemen, let's not be confrontational or aggressive to visitors, OK?

If they get aggressive/rude/whatever, use the Report Post button and a mod will deal with it.

We have a reputation for being a friendly board. Let's keep it that way, OK?
We do?

Old
02-25-2013, 01:57 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Curious as to what you think Despres would cost us if we sent Jones+ to the Pens. Sounds like they are searching for a top 6 winger, and although Jones has not been great this year, but its worth a shot.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Long story short:

Truth of the matter is that Parenteau is way, way too important to the Avs to part ways with. We need a scoring winger for Duchene in the worst way, and their chemistry thus far has been fantastic. And the Avs simply don't have another scoring winger in the system to replace what would be lost with Parenteau. Throwing Jordan Schroeder our way would help, but it looks like PAP is going to be here long-term at least until we develop some scoring punch in the system.

I think Gillis would be better off going after a cheaper option if he's really looking for a playmaking winger, then maybe address the problem this offseason via trade/free agency if it's that much of a concern.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Curious as to what you think Despres would cost us if we sent Jones+ to the Pens. Sounds like they are searching for a top 6 winger, and although Jones has not been great this year, but its worth a shot.
At his present salary, Jonesy's trade value is nil. I doubt the Pens would opt for Jones over Dupuis/Kunitz, certainly not for Despres.

I don't see the Pens getting rid of Despres at all. I think they have pretty high expectations for the kid.

If a Jones trade is gonna happen, it'll have to be in the offseason, and likely only IF he finishes strong. I doubt that happens either.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:12 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Truth of the matter is that Parenteau is way, way too important to the Avs to part ways with. We need a scoring winger for Duchene in the worst way, and their chemistry thus far has been fantastic. And the Avs simply don't have another scoring winger in the system to replace what would be lost with Parenteau. Throwing Jordan Schroeder our way would help, but it looks like PAP is going to be here long-term at least until we develop some scoring punch in the system.

I think Gillis would be better off going after a cheaper option if he's really looking for a playmaking winger, then maybe address the problem this offseason via trade/free agency if it's that much of a concern.
Yeah I love Parenteau's game, he works hard in all areas on the ice while bringing a high skill set as well.

Parenteau is one of those guys that is a jack of all trades master of none, but on the good side. Hes also put away the 'stupid' and 'undisciplined' penalties he was known for coming out of the island. Parenteau hits, scores/makes plays, and plays defense, all at a good to high level.

Penalties were about the only complaint I seen from NYI fans, and so far we haven't seen it AT ALL. Hes also improving his PPG pace for the third year straight despite being on a new team in his third year.

53, 67, and now on a 42 (73 over 82 games) point pace for this year. Parenteau at 4M is the steal of last years free-agency class, especially when you think about what Parise and Sutter are doing for the money they got.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 02-25-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Closed Thread