HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXII

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
The problem I have with the idea of a team tanking is that every summer guys are up for new contracts...I can't see them embracing the idea of a tank if they are also worried about getting a new deal. However, this summer it looks like only five guys are really up for new deals...
1. Hejduk (will be an Av again or retire)
2. Kobasew (I'd pay him 1.25M for another season again or let him walk...I'm good either way as long as he's kept in the bottom six)
3. Van Der Gulik (meh...he's lucky to be getting a two-way contract)
4. Bordeleau (I doubt a tank will affect his value in any way, shape or form)
5. O'Byrne (I've been a big supporter of his but he's going to be casualty of the stupid signings made last summer with Hunwick, O'Brien and Zanon unless we make some trades.)

I don't see anyone listed that could throw a wrench into the tank's tracks by playing hard for a new contract.
I think we have to make a decision regarding Stastny this summer.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:09 PM
henchman24
If and if...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think the decision is strictly between ROR and Stastny. Choose one or the other and just move on.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:12 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I think the decision is strictly between ROR and Stastny. Choose one or the other and just move on.
Agreed. And I think the choice should be glaringly obvious for a team that says they are rebuilding. The 22 year old.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

How can we sell off this whole team except for Duchene, Landy, EJ, and Varly, and bring in two more top picks in the draft? Or maybe an 8th overall, and a 14th overall.

Either cumulatively or separately at the deadline or draft trade O'Reilly, Stastny, Jones, the entire D except EJ. Package up Barrie, Elliott, Sgarbossa, Hishon, just blow up everything but the core. Anything of value can go. Then somehow package all those assets together, or some of the big pieces that they saved, and add their 1st next year, and get two more picks.

We finish last and then the 14th overall pick wins the lottery, giving us the top two picks.

We then take McKinnon and Jones with the top two, and Drouin slips to 8 because everyone's afraid of his size.

Then the Avs and Sakic sell the hell out of the city and future of the team and bring in Streit, Perry, and Regehr.

Avs then have:

Drouin - McKinnon - Perry
Landy - Duchene- PAP

Streit - EJ
Regehr - Jones

Varly

With the age, and skill of those top two lines and two D pairings, it doesn't even matter how the Avs fill out the rest of their lineup, or that they don't have any prospects in the pipeline.

Easy enough right?

Old
02-12-2013, 01:13 PM
the_fan

Quote:
If this organization has a brain, they will trade Stastny and sign O'Reilly.

Edit: But we all know they wont trade Stastny because his father is Peter.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:15 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post

It isn't just up to the organization sadly, it is up to ROR as well.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:21 PM
MikeC

Quote:
A ROR Eller swap huh... Let's just speculate that it could possibly have legs (it probably doesn't). It would have to be Eller + and that + is going to have to be big. Something like Eller + a 1st or Beaulieu for ROR
ROR is >>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Eller.

Being from Montreal, I have the ''chance'' to see Eller a lot, he has all the tools but he has only one problem...his hockey IQ is below average.

I do not want Beaulieu in my locker room ... same kind of attitude that Brisebois has...read drama queen.

So yes..if Habs wants ROR for Eller, I want a first and they still need to add

Old
02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Avs71

Quote:

Not as easy as trading Stastny+Barrie/Elliott for Yandle, once Phoenix moves to Quebec. Drafting Seth Jones. Signing Getz/Perry. And then trading ROR for Kulikov

Landeskog-Getzlaf-Perry
McGinn-Duchene-PAP

Yandle-EJ
Kulikov-Jones

Varly

The future is bright indeed.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

Quote:
It isn't just up to the organization sadly, it is up to ROR as well.
Which is unfortunate. As much as I love Stastny, ROR is the better player to go with in the long run. But the way I see it, since ROR hasnt signed by now, I dont think he will resign, nor does he want to resign with the team.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:55 PM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
Not as easy as trading Stastny+Barrie/Elliott for Yandle, once Phoenix moves to Quebec. Drafting Seth Jones. Signing Getz/Perry. And then trading ROR for Kulikov

Landeskog-Getzlaf-Perry
McGinn-Duchene-PAP

Yandle-EJ
Kulikov-Jones

Varly

The future is bright indeed.
I see I'm not the only one who wants huge changes with this team.

Sadly me and you can't run this organization.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:15 PM
shadow1

Quote:
And like Dallas with Mike Ribiero and Buffalo with Derek Roy last summer, I think we will.

(Not that he'll necessarily be traded)

Old
02-12-2013, 02:20 PM
PAZ

I don't think Perry and Getzlaf are worth the contracts they're going to get if they hit free agency. I highly doubt it's going to be under 8/yr.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
I see I'm not the only one who wants huge changes with this team.

Sadly me and you can't run this organization.
And you're going to pay Getzlaf/Perry 15mil to join the organization, right? Yandle 5.3 (iirc off the top of my head) and Kulikov 2.5 (again, iirc?). Jones will get a 3.5mil cap hit. You've got Landeskog to re-up next year (3.5-4.5mil) and Duchy (5.5-6mil). McGinn and Downie should be kept, but will cost 6-7 combined to retain. Varly around 4.5-5? Kulikov re-ups at 4.5...

What's that, an estimated 52-some mil in 10 players? We'll have EJ to re-sign not long after, PAP still at 4, Jones still at 4...

I'd be amazed if we could even fully field that team if we traded Jones to put room together for the 3rd/4th lines and 3rd pairing defense WITHOUT scratches.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Actually, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Avs can still have talks with him about an extension before July 1st, but the contract can't be signed before that time. Either way, I doubt that this is happening, I don't think the Avs want to hear the sounds of laughter coming from Stastny's agent on the other end of the phone.

I can't imagine he's actually HAPPY playing on this team. As I've said before, he's got the biggest contract, the most pressure but we don't give him the best tools to be successful? Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Agreed. And I think the choice should be glaringly obvious for a team that says they are rebuilding. The 22 year old.
That IS the glaringly obvious choice...also the glaringly obvious choice is to get RoR signed ASAP!!! That is, if you're actually trying to win but it doesn't really look like it does it?

I'm starting to think that they'll they'll BOTH end up being traded.

O'Reilly will just end up joining a long list of disgruntled holdouts traded because of his contract demands and Stastny will have been a casualty of the Joe Sucko regime.

I'm expecting that after the season, the coaching staff will be replaced by someone competent, the team will do very well next season but IF Stastny is on the team AND performing well, I STILL don't think he re-signs. Too many Sacco years and ******** to deal with, he'll just as well let his contract expire and sign in St-Louis as a UFA.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:33 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Actually, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Avs can still have talks with him about an extension before July 1st, but the contract can't be signed before that time. Either way, I doubt that this is happening, I don't think the Avs want to hear the sounds of laughter coming from Stastny's agent on the other end of the phone.

I can't imagine he's actually HAPPY playing on this team. As I've said before, he's got the biggest contract, the most pressure but we don't give him the best tools to be successful? Bravo!

That IS the glaringly obvious choice...also the glaringly obvious choice is to get RoR signed ASAP!!! That is, if you're actually trying to win but it doesn't really look like it does it?

I'm starting to think that they'll they'll BOTH end up being traded.

O'Reilly will just end up joining a long list of disgruntled holdouts traded because of his contract demands and Stastny will have been a casualty of the Joe Sucko regime.

I'm expecting that after the season, the coaching staff will be replaced by someone competent, the team will do very well next season but IF Stastny is on the team AND performing well, I STILL don't think he re-signs. Too many Sacco years and ******** to deal with, he'll just as well let his contract expire and sign in St-Louis as a UFA.
I agree with this. ****ing idiots with this ROR situation.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Rhaego

Eklund is saying the blues have an interest in O'Reilly (even if its just an E2), I'd think Rattie or Scwartz++ would be involved

Old
02-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Eklund is saying the blues have an interest in O'Reilly (even if its just an E2), I'd think Rattie or Scwartz++ would be involved
What happened to the E4 he had a few days ago? It's Eklund he's worse than Bruce, at least that guy has the balls to show his face.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
What happened to the E4 he had a few days ago? It's Eklund he's worse than Bruce, at least that guy has the balls to show his face.
Who's this guy Bruce with balls in his face?

Old
02-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Who's this guy Bruce with balls in his face?
Lol Garrioch

Old
02-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Lol Garrioch
Oh ok, yeah that sounds about right.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:29 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
This is what I'm hoping happens, not confident I can say expecting though . Sadly, if I'm expecting anything it's a repeat of 2009 where PL cleans out management and Sacco, then gives everyone else a half step promotion.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 850
It really is depressing right now...

We have a roster full of crap that we won't be able to trade, even at the "deadline" (I don't think there is one this year, but still...)

We have coaches that are garbage.

Management doesn't seem to have a clue how to right this ship, and the owner won't fire PL so we can get a competent FO.

Cheering for a tank (again) sux balls.

All of this combined makes it hard to watch games, or be excited for games (or for the future, for that matter).

Old
02-12-2013, 03:58 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I was thinking about this, but considering we are a rebuilding club why don't we trade either SOB or ROB for Marco Scandella (Wild)? We might have to throw in a pick as well. But Minny who is on the verge of being a playoff (could be cup) contender will get a top 6 defenseman for depth and boost their D'core (which lacks depth) for a player who hasn't progressed as well as the Wild would like.

Old
02-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I was thinking about this, but considering we are a rebuilding club why don't we trade either SOB or ROB for Marco Scandella (Wild)? We might have to throw in a pick as well. But Minny who is on the verge of being a playoff (could be cup) contender will get a top 6 defenseman for depth and boost their D'core (which lacks depth) for a player who hasn't progressed as well as the Wild would like.
Doubt they'd go for that. Scandella's only 22 and technically hasn't been passed up by anyone except Jonas Brodin, which was expected. Fletcher's already been on record saying injuries led to a bad start for Scandella (the ubiquitous post-lockout groin) so I doubt they've raised the white flag on his development, certainly not to a point where they'd just flip him for a depth defender.

Old
02-12-2013, 04:36 PM
JoemAvs

Can Avs fans stop making horrible proposals on the main board please?

I realize that we all are fed up with our team.

But it is hard enough to swallow the stupid proposals of other fanbases.

Now we are starting to do it ourselves??

ROR and Stastny + roster dman (not EJ) traded in the same deal for Kulikov, concussioned AHL Gardiner and junk???
Really??

And if we trade both guys the crying starts how the 2 turned it around and that we got absolutely fleeced and have no #2 C....

We have to make a decision on both Stazz and ROR but ultimately we have to keep one or atleast get another #1b/2a C back...

Closed Thread