HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary claims Joey MacDonald

Old
02-11-2013, 01:41 PM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
I think he's awful, but maybe that's just me. He's as far from Carey Price you can get.
Yes he is far from Price, around 6 mill difference. I'm about 101% sure Calgary was not expecting to get a Price caliber guy when they selected a guy off the waiver wire to be a back up.

I think this is a perfect situation for McDonald. He gets an NHL job which he's deserved for a few years now and he gets to be a backup for a starter who will take 90% of the starts.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:41 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auger View Post
How is that even possible? You think they're going to roll a MacDonald Irving combo?
If Kipper is moved the Flames are doing a rebuild/retooling whatever you want to call it.

Whats it matter who our goalie is at that point?

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_macc1987 View Post
Is Irving on a Two-way deal? that would mean he is waiver exempt... but GL to Joey Mac
One-way and two-way have nothing to do with waiver eligibility. They have to do with salary.

Regardless, Irving already cleared waivers and he hasn't been on the roster for 30 or more days nor has he played 10 or more games, which would require waivers again IIRC, so he can be sent down now at any time without having to clear again.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Wronskian

Man this Flames team seems poor managed at times. I mean the amount of contracts they give out is kind of a head scratcher.

Wronskian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
I think Kipper is going to be out longer than McKenzie thinks. He was skating today but didn't practice, didn't even drop to his knees. If he was ready to return the day after tomorrow you would think he would be doing more than just skating.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:20 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wronskian View Post
Man this Flames team seems poor managed at times. I mean the amount of contracts they give out is kind of a head scratcher.
To be fair noone knows the Kipper situation. He could be out for longer then expected. So this could be low risk and needed

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:22 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
I think he's awful, but maybe that's just me. He's as far from Carey Price you can get.
I haven't followed him since his NYI days, but I thought he was a solid backup then.

Good luck to him in Calgary

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:27 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

I would rather think Kipper would be more likely to be traded than Irving. Hartley praised Irving this past game, so it would be confusing if Feaster traded him. This move may be for when Kipper becomes healthy again.

If it is Irving, it better be a good return. And PLEASE Feaster do not package out 1st.

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:54 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
My opinion:

Irving gets some starts, plays pretty good despite team not playing good in front of him. Feaster sees his potential, Flames are among bottom feeder teams anyways, and decides he can unload Kipper. lots of teams would want him, (to NYI for Nino?)

Flames Trade Kipper, Irving is starter, Taylor down to ABB, Macdonald and Irving split most starts for the season. Next year Ramo/Irving Combo.

Flames start the rebuild now. One can only hope.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Kipper is a great goalie but he doesn't in with this new system he likes to see lots of shots, I think he will continue to have meh games as long as he plays here, not to mention there are teams like STL and WSH that could use a goalie so it may be the right time to move him.

But then again I also want Irving to be given a fair chance with this team.
Are you kidding me? The last thing the Blues need is a goalie. They already have two quality starters. Why on earth would they want three?

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Zoombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Are you kidding me? The last thing the Blues need is a goalie. They already have two quality starters. Why on earth would they want three?
Because once the STL Blues pick up Kipper they will be able to deal Halak to Vancouver for Luongo.

Zoombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_macc1987 View Post
Is Irving on a Two-way deal? that would mean he is waiver exempt... but GL to Joey Mac
The type of contract a player is on has no baring on waiver eligibility, it's just a myth perpetuated by EA's NHL series.

Irving won't have to go through waivers, though, as he already cleared less than a month ago.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:28 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Depends how long Halak is out Elliot has been less then impressive.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Depends how long Halak is out Elliot has been less then impressive.
He's supposed to start tonight. He was activated. If you thought he was done for the year the post makes more sense. Elliot has been awful, but then again so has Kipper.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:38 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wronskian View Post
How is this a head scratcher...your starting goalie is out (imo he won't be near ready Wednesday, Kipper's been skating but hasn't done any goaltending movement) and your current starting and backup goalies have barely seen any NHL time.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:41 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
How is this a head scratcher...your starting goalie is out (imo he won't be near ready Wednesday, Kipper's been skating but hasn't done any goaltending movement) and your current starting and backup goalies have barely seen any NHL time.
This.

Seriously. People are reading way too much into this.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:45 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
He's supposed to start tonight. He was activated. If you thought he was done for the year the post makes more sense. Elliot has been awful, but then again so has Kipper.
True Kipper has been bad but Elliot has been worse and I was unaware Halak is back I thought it was more serious.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote