HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Kesler

Old
02-11-2013, 08:55 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
1. Yeah, it doesn't make sense for us to do it, and I don't see anyone who is in the position to make that move right now.

2. Sure, Although I thought we were agreeing not arguing. Lol
Hahah true that! Sometimes I truly find this place hilarious though. People always have to make things personal - even bringing the Sharks into an unrelated discussion.

Last edited by CanadienShark: 02-11-2013 at 09:06 PM.
CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:57 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Ok, I see that many Canucks fans are overrating Kesler based on his Selke season. His value is lower because of injuries and an inablity to repeat his season since. He still has the abliity to but the team that acquires him takes on the inherent risk of never seeing the "Selke winning Kesler".

Alternatively, I have seen some horrific proposals that made me check my twitter feed to see if he had asked for a trade. We don't want a quantity for quality trade, I repeat we do not want a quantity for Kesler. Now that we have gotten that out of the way, I doubt Kesler moved regardless if we were offered fair value but I don't intend to spew the same "only if it's an overpayment" **** that's common on the trade forum so I will template and give examples of what I would like to see as a Canucks fan.

1) Blue chip + first

Ex- Mark scheifele + cond first (top 10 protected)

2) Servicable 2nd line centre + first/prospect valuing at a first

ex- Grabovski and a first

3) Young player with 2nd line + potential and a first/2nd depending on the player

Ex- Brayden Schenn + 1st/2nd (depending on how Kesler rebounds and how Schenn plays assuming an offseason trade)
There. First paragraph says it all. Yes, many of the proposals were outrageous, but I tend to ignore ones like that. But I agree with all of this, but who wants to listen to me, I'm just a fan of a "choking" Sharks team who sucks because they can't even make it to the SCF... jeez... what a crappy team!

Old
02-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Hahah true that! Sometimes I truly find this place hilarious though. People always have to make things personal - even bringing the Sharks into an unrelated discussion.
I agree, it can be quite ridiculous.

Sergei Shirokov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Steamer

Quote:
Might I suggest you take a course in English? Normally, I end my questions with a little symbol named a question mark. Do multiple playoffs count as "seldom?" In that case, he "seldom" shows up in the playoffs. So by your logic, the team MUST reach the Stanley Cup Final or else they're a ****** team? Hahahahaha you're out of your mind pal. I've given fair points, only to have people insult me without rebuttal. The stupidity around here honestly astounds me sometimes.
I have rebutted you by pointing out the hypocrisy of your position. You say one thing and do another.
Wow I forgot a question mark, so send me to the gas chamber!!!!!!
When did I say a team is ***** if they don't make the final?
Keep it up, with each reply to me you demonstrate your trollness!
You seemed to feel you have some incredible insight that no one else has, instead of you just being yet another opinionated fan like every one else here. Stop taking yourself so seriously.
For the record, I pointed out that you didn't read my post properly, which is what you accuse others of.
There is a big difference between that and insulting someone's English.
But hey keep it up, all your doing is making yourself look foolish!
"Can you say hypocrite? I knew you could."

Steamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
There. First paragraph says it all. Yes, many of the proposals were outrageous, but I tend to ignore ones like that. But I agree with all of this, but who wants to listen to me, I'm just a fan of a "choking" Sharks team who sucks because they can't even make it to the SCF... jeez... what a crappy team!
I, along with many canucks fans, can sympathize with this. "7 game SCF loss -> choking

Linden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Cogburn
Trixie Hobbitses

Quote:
I, along with many canucks fans, can sympathize with this. "7 game SCF loss -> choking
Funny, one game labels us chokers, but 50+ wins and 3 playoff series won....and what's the Shark's win/loss....say since Thornton? Choke artists indeed! They should scrap the whole team, everyone on waivers! What a bunch of losers! Horrible players, no get up and go!

If anyone actually suggested the Sharks are choke artists...well I'm glad we're all having a good time with it anyway

Still haven't found anything I'd take for Kesler.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Marc Staal for Ballard, Lack and 2nd then? Ballard had more points last year.
It'd be a no from the Rangers obviously, just like that last deal is a no from the Canucks. But I wouldn't be suprised, coming off an injury, if that's all Staal would get right now, just like all Kesler would get is Stepan and a modest +. Value fluctuates and Kesler's is at a career low.

02-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Lemmiwinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
Kesler has a NTC.

Roberto Luongo aside, the Canucks haven't moved anyone with one of those that I can recall.
I gotta say, I hate it when someone brings this up in a hypothetical trade thread, in which the OP was only looking to guage value. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Lemmiwinks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Funny, one game labels us chokers, but 50+ wins and 3 playoff series won....and what's the Shark's win/loss....say since Thornton? Choke artists indeed! They should scrap the whole team, everyone on waivers! What a bunch of losers! Horrible players, no get up and go!

If anyone actually suggested the Sharks are choke artists...well I'm glad we're all having a good time with it anyway

I did. And Logan Couture is worth a 5th.

As you can see, the clown can dish out the trolling but whines like a baby when someone gives it back. Internet tough guys are all the same. Stand up to them and they cry like babies.

Why do the moderators allow this crap? Everyone and their dog can go make a 'Whuts Marleau worth'

gee marleau's got too big a contract so he has negative value u gotta PAY US to take him.....................

Just so Shark fans (or any fans) will get pissed off. This guy likes to point fingers in other teams back yards.

In other words, simply reply to OTHER teams players and totally undervalue them just to piss their fan base off.

Its childish. Ignore it. Its called.........'trolling'.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
I gotta say, I hate it when someone brings this up in a hypothetical trade thread, in which the OP was only looking to guage value. Just a pet peeve of mine.
What the hell does this mean? You cant gauge someones value with an NTC because the player has a direct say in where he goes, if he agrees to go at all, and that itself will affect the players value.

Yeah it matters. Think thats bad? How about the Vinny trades where the guy has a full blown NMC

How can you put a value on that guy without the enormous contract or NMC ?

I guess according to you Luongo is worth Kessel plus a first. Remember, contract dont matter. Just 'value'

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:
Ok, I see that many Canucks fans are overrating Kesler based on his Selke season. His value is lower because of injuries and an inablity to repeat his season since. He still has the abliity to, but the team that acquires him takes on the inherent risk of never seeing the "Selke winning Kesler".
It is not so much an overvalue, as what we expect Gillis would demand. I acknowledged Kesler's value is low in regards to other teams perspective and quite frankly, would not trade for him myself if I a GM. That does not change how we (Vancouver) see his value. Kesler has become one of those players those teams places a higher price on him than the market would.

To Vancouver he is a former selke winning dominate two-way forward. To others he is injury prone and therefore a significant risk.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Lemmiwinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
What the hell does this mean? You cant gauge someones value with an NTC because the player has a direct say in where he goes, if he agrees to go at all, and that itself will affect the players value.

Yeah it matters. Think thats bad? How about the Vinny trades where the guy has a full blown NMC

How can you put a value on that guy without the enormous contract or NMC ?

I guess according to you Luongo is worth Kessel plus a first. Remember, contract dont matter. Just 'value'
lol, I'm not talking about the contract. Of course you take that into consideration. But saying he has an NTC is irrelevant because there's no way in hell a trade's going down anyway, nor was one suggested. All that's being discussed is what his value is equivalent to now, so dismissing the thread because he has an NTC doesn't make any sense.

Lemmiwinks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:
The rule of HF trade board. If you cannot win the argument, attack the person's fanbase!

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Linden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
It is not so much an overvalue, as what we expect Gillis would demand. I acknowledged Kesler's value is low in regards to other teams perspective and quite frankly, would not trade for him myself if I a GM. That does not change how we (Vancouver) see his value. Kesler has become one of those players those teams places a higher price on him than the market would.

To Vancouver he is a former selke winning dominate two-way forward. To others he is injury prone and therefore a significant risk.
I understand and agree with you. I would hope Gillis would never entertain the thought of trading Kesler unless he was presented with a massive overpayment and and option for the #2 centre spot not named Shroeder, Lappy, Burrows or Ebbett *shudder*

I am jus trying to gauge his hypothetical value just for the same of it. It's also interesting to see the perception of Kesler league wide and how non-Canucks fans value him. I we play the typical (although true) card of "we will only take an overpayment" then we don't get any discussion because nobody on here will overpay for a player, hence trying to gauge "fair value"

Old
02-12-2013, 01:27 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
I have rebutted you by pointing out the hypocrisy of your position. You say one thing and do another.
Wow I forgot a question mark, so send me to the gas chamber!!!!!!

When did I say a team is ***** if they don't make the final?
Keep it up, with each reply to me you demonstrate your trollness!
You seemed to feel you have some incredible insight that no one else has, instead of you just being yet another opinionated fan like every one else here. Stop taking yourself so seriously.
For the record, I pointed out that you didn't read my post properly, which is what you accuse others of.
There is a big difference between that and insulting someone's English.
But hey keep it up, all your doing is making yourself look foolish!
"Can you say hypocrite? I knew you could."
Err nope you haven't rebutted any of my points. Do you know what a rebuttal is? Funny thing is, you mocked me (wrongly) for what you deemed to be a little mistake, but when I point out flaws in your English abilities, you push it aside as if it's no big deal. You exemplify hypocrisy. Your point of me "not reading properly" is wrong, as I've said before.

You said,
Quote:
The Sharks are a great regular season team, but until they at least make the SCF, it is justified to dis them.
That's where you insulted them for not making the SCF.

But yep, I'M the foolish one. The only thing you've done here is insult me, and my teams. When you insult me, of course I'll reciprocate in a civil manner, which is all I've done. Seriously, the more I read (although your writing is atrocious and hard to understand), the more I laugh at the fact that you label me a hypocrite, when you're the hypocrite.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:31 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Hahaha and wanna know the real kicker? Me (a die-hard Canucks hater [but I give credit, when it's due]), seems to be the only person who doesn't think the Canucks choked. Seriously, choking entails having something essentially in the bags, then losing big time. If the Canucks were up 3-0 in the series and had a 5-0 lead in the third period of game 4 and lost the series, THAT would be choking. Apparently losing at all = choking.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:32 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post

Oh yeah... losing means that you're a choker now, right?

Old
02-12-2013, 01:33 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Perry for Kesler

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:35 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
I did. And Logan Couture is worth a 5th.

As you can see, the clown can dish out the trolling but whines like a baby when someone gives it back. Internet tough guys are all the same. Stand up to them and they cry like babies.

Why do the moderators allow this crap? Everyone and their dog can go make a 'Whuts Marleau worth'

gee marleau's got too big a contract so he has negative value u gotta PAY US to take him.....................

Just so Shark fans (or any fans) will get pissed off. This guy likes to point fingers in other teams back yards.

In other words, simply reply to OTHER teams players and totally undervalue them just to piss their fan base off.

Its childish. Ignore it. Its called.........'trolling'.
Has anyone offered a 5th for Kesler? I sure haven't. I'd be on your side, if that was the case. You're nonsensical pal. Ever heard of a strawman fallacy or red herring fallacy? Both are consistent among your posts. You twist what people say, and even bring random (unrelated) premises into the argument in order to *attempt* to persuade people that what you're saying is true.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:35 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Perry for Kesler
Only if Perry takes over Kesler's contract and can play center.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:38 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
The rule of HF trade board. If you cannot win the argument, attack the person's fanbase!
Funny thing is, I've grown to like some of you Canucks fans now... key word being some. ;P

Some........... wow...... just wow.... hahaha. People sometimes act as though I know nothing about Vancouver, yet I know that team pretty much as well as the Sharks or Habs, seeing as I live in pretty close proximity to Vancouver (I got to see the SCF bandwagon in full force hehe).

Old
02-12-2013, 01:53 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Perry for Kesler
Already been offered. Pass. Kesler's contract is gold, Perry doesn't have one past this year. And Kesler is likely more important to us IMO.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:54 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Funny thing is, I've grown to like some of you Canucks fans now... key word being some. ;P

Some........... wow...... just wow.... hahaha. People sometimes act as though I know nothing about Vancouver, yet I know that team pretty much as well as the Sharks or Habs, seeing as I live in pretty close proximity to Vancouver (I got to see the SCF bandwagon in full force hehe).
Yeah, some/alot of us are pretty nice.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:06 AM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
If the guy wouldn't mind being in detroit how about

to det Kesler

to VANCOUVER: Datsyuk and a 2nd round pick

??

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Along with contract status. In terms of ability yes Datsyuk is much better, but in terms of value Datsyuks value isn't that much greater. At least to Vancouver, to Detroit yes Datsyuk is much more valuable.
Datsyuk would instantly be the best player in Vancouver. It would never happen because he has a NTC, but here's an idea of the value that would likely result in the Kesler/Datsyuk swap:

To Detroit:
Ryan Kesler
Dan Hamhuis

To Vancouver:
Pavel Datsyuk

That's about it.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:41 AM
Linden

Quote:
Perry for Kesler
Perry is obviously better, but due to contract situation I wouldn't trade Kesler straight up for Perry. I would be willing to add for an extended Perry but him testing the FA is too risky for me.