HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 3: The one where the Oilers win every trade

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 12:42 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Brian Boyle would be a solid addition for us, what would the Rangers want for him though? Would they be looking more at shedding salary than getting a warm body back?
Why not try a 2nd, if they want a body Belanger?

Old
02-12-2013, 12:42 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Brian Boyle would be a solid addition for us, what would the Rangers want for him though? Would they be looking more at shedding salary than getting a warm body back?
Curtis Hamilton + a 4th round draft pick?

Old
02-12-2013, 12:44 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 500
2 players that instantly make this team better and wouldn't cost a lot to add Boyle and Franson. We need to get some guys that have a strong shot from the point. IMO right now we don't have one.(Haven't seen Schultz unload a huge Slapshot, has good wrist and snap shots though)

Old
02-12-2013, 12:57 PM
jmoss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Dubinsky is interesting. Really good at puck protection and along the boards, brings lots of grit and I believe he has the ability to pot 20 goals consistently. He hasn't had the best of linemates in CBJ thus far either.

He's also a good leader and stands up for teammates. Signed for 2 more years after this one at $4.2M/yr. I'd be ok with trying to acquire him if the cost isn't bad. CBJ may want more futures which works well for us. I'm not sure he's available but if he is, I wouldn't mind looking into him.
I've liked Dubinsky for a while now. Even if he shifted to the wing he could still take draws, making him a good match for the Gagner or Nuge lines.

I'm not so sure CBJ would want futures with all those draft picks though. I'd imagine Howson would look for Hemsky.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
2 players that instantly make this team better and wouldn't cost a lot to add Boyle and Franson. We need to get some guys that have a strong shot from the point. IMO right now we don't have one.(Haven't seen Schultz unload a huge Slapshot, has good wrist and snap shots though)
Franson would be awesome IMHO. Big, mean and great on the PP.

If I was targeting a D man from TO, he would be the guy for sure. Thing is, so are 29 other GMs so what is the asking price?

Old
02-12-2013, 01:12 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
Franson would be awesome IMHO. Big, mean and great on the PP.

If I was targeting a D man from TO, he would be the guy for sure. Thing is, so are 29 other GMs so what is the asking price?
Franson in no way can be described as mean. He might be big but is a soft 3rd pairing d man who can contribute on the pp. At this stage he is an upgrade on Whitney/Potter but I doubt he is in demand around the league.

....oh and Franson's defense isn't great either. Be careful what you wish for.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Franson in no way can be described as mean. He might be big but is a soft 3rd pairing d man who can contribute on the pp. At this stage he is an upgrade on Whitney/Potter but I doubt he is in demand around the league.
Really? He moves guys out pretty well and makes 800k with good puck moving. I would think any team would like that. Maybe not.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Werd

Just made this trade proposal on the main board and I want to see what you guys think about it.

NYI - D - Mark Streit

For

EDM - D - Ryan Whitney
And/Or
EDM - F - Lennart Petrell + 4th Round Draft Pick

With Ryan Jones coming back, Petrell will most likely be the odd man out. NYI gets a good PK man. Also Ryan Whitney needs new scenery and its close to home for him and is 6 years younger than Streit. Edmonton gets the best player in the trade but is close to retirement, however his left handed shot is something the Oilers need for their 2nd PP to feed Nail Yakupov and would get Corey Potter out of the rotation. I think Streit would look great paired up with Mark Fistric

Old
02-12-2013, 01:22 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
I've liked Dubinsky for a while now. Even if he shifted to the wing he could still take draws, making him a good match for the Gagner or Nuge lines.

I'm not so sure CBJ would want futures with all those draft picks though. I'd imagine Howson would look for Hemsky.
I still thing a Hemsky and Jones for Foligno and Dorsett woud be a good trade for both teams. Foligno would look good as a 2nd line LW.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:25 PM
backhandsauce

Whitney for Penner. Penner familiar with lots of guys in Edm. Slot him in for size. Joey Moss will be happy.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Uncle Grouchy Smurf
GFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
Whitney for Penner. Penner familiar with lots of guys in Edm. Slot him in for size. Joey Moss will be happy.
so our pylon for theirs?

Old
02-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I still thing a Hemsky and Jones for Foligno and Dorsett woud be a good trade for both teams. Foligno would look good as a 2nd line LW.
They won't trade Foligno. He's looked really good for them and if they are building for the future, trading a guy like Foligno makes no sense. Dubinsky makes some sense due to him being on a bigger deal and having a lot of his skillset replicated by Foligno and RJ Umberger(who is unmovable).

With Davidson in their management, I'm not sure they'll be interested in trading for Hemsky when they are building for the future.

Dubinsky would look good in Oiler silks imo.

02-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Quote:
I would do this in a heartbeat.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Werd

Quote:
Done, I think Penner could find his way back to form with us and Whitney needs to GTFO. Anything for him would make me happy at this point. LA needs D and we need size. Similiar Cap size and term. Now only if Tambellini and Lombardi don't hate each other well that's another story

The Oilers could also probably get Brian Boyle for the cheap from NYR and we could have the following for a 3rd line if everything panned out.

Penner-Boyle-Jones

Makes the Oilers alot harder to play against and could provide secondary scoring we desparately need

Old
02-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Slats432

Darren Dreger on 1260 today when talking about the Leafs/Reimer/Khabibulin...

He said that the Oilers did make an offer for Tim Connolly, but the Leafs didn't like what was offered. It was a player with more than three million dollars on it and another year left at least.

Three players fit into this category...

Horcoff
Hemsky
N. Schultz

So...which do you think was offered for Connolly?

Old
02-12-2013, 01:34 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post

....oh and Franson's defense isn't great either. Be careful what you wish for.
Yeah...big, slow and soft is a better way to describe him.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Pointteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats432 View Post

He said that the Oilers did make an offer for Tim Connolly, but the Leafs didn't like what was offered. It was a player with more than three million dollars on it and another year left at least.

Horcoff
Hemsky
N. Schultz

Hemsky wouldn't have been offered at the rate he's scoring. I really, really hope Nick Schultz wasn't. Horcoff being shopped is really good news for us Oiler fans. I was worried that he would be sticking around forever. That being said I'd be okay with Edmonton holding on to him as long as he took a massive paycut after this contract.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
dnicks17

Quote:

Horcoff
Hemsky
N. Schultz

You can't trade guys on the IR, I think. So can't be Horcoff.

There better be a big plus along with Connolly if Tambo is offering the other two...

Hopefully Dreger just thought Whitney is signed for another year. That trade I could get behind.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:40 PM
joestevens29

Quote:

Horcoff
Hemsky
N. Schultz

None of those guys really make that much sense. I guess Horc maybe, but hemsky or Schultz for an AHL player? And Horc is out, so I assume they don't even make that offer.

I don't know something doesn't add up here.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:41 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

There better be a big plus along with Connolly if Tambo is offering the other two...

Hopefully Dreger just thought Whitney is signed for another year. That trade I could get behind.
you can trade guys on the IR there were examples in the past, just can't remember off the top my head.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:42 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
They won't trade Foligno. He's looked really good for them and if they are building for the future, trading a guy like Foligno makes no sense. Dubinsky makes some sense due to him being on a bigger deal and having a lot of his skillset replicated by Foligno and RJ Umberger(who is unmovable).

With Davidson in their management, I'm not sure they'll be interested in trading for Hemsky when they are building for the future.

Dubinsky would look good in Oiler silks imo.

You gotta give to get, but I would take Dubinsky as well. Clb would need to add a pick or prospect to the deal. Also a big hell no to brassard guy makes Gagner look like Lucic.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Pointteen

Quote:

Make it so. I'll buy the plane ticket.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werd View Post
Just made this trade proposal on the main board and I want to see what you guys think about it.

NYI - D - Mark Streit

For

EDM - D - Ryan Whitney
And/Or
EDM - F - Lennart Petrell + 4th Round Draft Pick

With Ryan Jones coming back, Petrell will most likely be the odd man out. NYI gets a good PK man. Also Ryan Whitney needs new scenery and its close to home for him and is 6 years younger than Streit. Edmonton gets the best player in the trade but is close to retirement, however his left handed shot is something the Oilers need for their 2nd PP to feed Nail Yakupov and would get Corey Potter out of the rotation. I think Streit would look great paired up with Mark Fistric
Trading the team's best Penalty Killer makes no sense

Old
02-12-2013, 01:44 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:

Offer might have been made before Horcoff got hurt.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:45 PM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

vCash: 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointteen View Post
Hemsky wouldn't have been offered at the rate he's scoring. I really, really hope Nick Schultz wasn't. Horcoff being shopped is really good news for us Oiler fans. I was worried that he would be sticking around forever. That being said I'd be okay with Edmonton holding on to him as long as he took a massive paycut after this contract.
If it was Nick Schultz they would have taken that trade and run away screaming in joy, so it probably wasn't.

Closed Thread