HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Talk PART VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 10:33 PM
rikker
fan since '75.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
Looks like Nino has given up. Soundtigers stink and one shot and a minus 4 tonight. Thank you to interim head coach Jack CapuAHole and interim GM Garth Snow for destroying this promising youngster
oh no! NN is ruined again!?! that's two times, before his 21st birthday. that sucks...

Old
02-22-2013, 10:38 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Looks like Nino has given up. Soundtigers stink and one shot and a minus 4 tonight. Thank you to interim head coach Jack CapuAHole and interim GM Garth Snow for destroying this promising youngster
let's send a driver to pick up the mentally weak, piss ant, cry baby, swiss miss and bring him to the nhl for tomorrow's game! seriously, i want this punk gone. his attitude makes me sick. the only thing that gave this franchise any life at all in the last dozen years was adding a no nonsense, hard working, team guy, warrior name mike peca. niederreiter and his disgusting attitude couldn't carry mike peca's jock. if he goes on to score 30 goals in the nhl, it will be as a prima dona who will cause more harm than good to team chemistry. honestly, if he whined and complained last year to not be sent to junior, and is shutting down now because he is upset at not being in the nhl, what happens to this punk's ego if he sniffs a little success in the show? the swiss miss is earning a reputation as a team killer in my eyes...and the only one he should blame is himself.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:20 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
let's send a driver to pick up the mentally weak, piss ant, cry baby, swiss miss and bring him to the nhl for tomorrow's game! seriously, i want this punk gone. his attitude makes me sick. the only thing that gave this franchise any life at all in the last dozen years was adding a no nonsense, hard working, team guy, warrior name mike peca. niederreiter and his disgusting attitude couldn't carry mike peca's jock. if he goes on to score 30 goals in the nhl, it will be as a prima dona who will cause more harm than good to team chemistry. honestly, if he whined and complained last year to not be sent to junior, and is shutting down now because he is upset at not being in the nhl, what happens to this punk's ego if he sniffs a little success in the show? the swiss miss is earning a reputation as a team killer in my eyes...and the only one he should blame is himself.
while I'm with you on this whole Nino is a crybaby thing I can't help but think that the Islanders are just as much responsible for this as anyone. last year this kid was buried on the fourth line with 2 horrendous players and this year given no shot to make the team after proving himself in the AHL. but given the track record of Islander management I have more sympathy for Nino

Old
02-22-2013, 11:21 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by F127 View Post
Petrov didn't enter into the conversation?
just before the cops were called, yes.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:39 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
while I'm with you on this whole Nino is a crybaby thing I can't help but think that the Islanders are just as much responsible for this as anyone. last year this kid was buried on the fourth line with 2 horrendous players and this year given no shot to make the team after proving himself in the AHL. but given the track record of Islander management I have more sympathy for Nino
Nino was given a chance on the third and dropped back down to fourth. He never should have stayed past nine games. Some say put him with Tavares. Well, put Bruno with Potvin. You have a weak player with a star, so who does that help? The pairing would be worse off for Denis Potvin, and would be a horrible idea with Tavares for the same reason. The goal is to put the best lineup possible out there with the best players, not sacrifice winning for a BS chance to elevate one player's game.

Then add the crybaby thing and management rushing him.....the franchise has to stop doing this nonsense.

Hopefully by Snow's repeated surprise actions it has or will.

Nelson comes up before Nino. If we need a winger with skill, Ullstrom comes before Nino. A banger? Gallant.

I hope next year Nino is my first choice. I hope he grws up.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Tavares2Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Nino was given a chance on the third and dropped back down to fourth. He never should have stayed past nine games. Some say put him with Tavares. Well, put Bruno with Potvin. You have a weak player with a star, so who does that help? The pairing would be worse off for Denis Potvin, and would be a horrible idea with Tavares for the same reason. The goal is to put the best lineup possible out there with the best players, not sacrifice winning for a BS chance to elevate one player's game.

Then add the crybaby thing and management rushing him.....the franchise has to stop doing this nonsense.

Hopefully by Snow's repeated surprise actions it has or will.

Nelson comes up before Nino. If we need a winger with skill, Ullstrom comes before Nino. A banger? Gallant.

I hope next year Nino is my first choice. I hope he grws up.
This

Old
02-23-2013, 03:37 AM
LotteryForLife*

Another poor game for the Griff. Anyone else feel like Garth made another huge mistake drafting this kid at 4? At best he could be Brooks Orpik. At best. Not the type of player you draft that high. We couldn't afford another miss last June and it appears we have one. Bailey. DeHaan. Nino. Reinhart. Why does this boob still have a job?

Old
02-23-2013, 04:27 AM
Abraham85

Quote:
Another poor game for the Griff. Anyone else feel like Garth made another huge mistake drafting this kid at 4? At best he could be Brooks Orpik. At best. Not the type of player you draft that high. We couldn't afford another miss last June and it appears we have one. Bailey. DeHaan. Nino. Reinhart. Why does this boob still have a job?
Wang.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:33 AM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham85 View Post
Wang.
Ding Ding. We have a winner

Old
02-23-2013, 05:36 AM
YashinWorksHard

I remember when you guys wanted Zlobin so bad, at least with a low pick. Well it looks like you was right.. close to the 100 point mark this year.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:40 AM
Wanderson

vCash: 151
Quote:
Stop being so negative, it's waaaaaay to early to judge him. Reinhart is a good defensive defender. You are watching his stats, and if you see 1 assist or 0 points you have to whine in here. Stop it. He would never have played in the WJC if he was a 'bad' player.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:18 AM
Degeneration Rex

Friday

Guelph 5, Niagara 3-Pedan, 1 assist, + 1, Strome, 2 assists,-1, Graham, even.
Sudbury 5, Barrie 3-Theoret, 1 assist, + 1.
Spokane 6, Edmonton 4-Kichton, 3 assists, + 1, Reinhart, no points, -1.
Western Michigan 4, Notre Dame 3 (SO)-Russo, + 2, Lee, even (both players did not score SO).
Denver 5, North Dakota 4-Mayfield, -1.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:46 AM
YashinWorksHard

Quote:
I feel the same but is too soon to judge. Like you said, it's not the type of player you draft at #4. Anyway, if we judge by points, Kitchon would be the best defenseman in the CHL.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:30 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Friday

Guelph 5, Niagara 3-Pedan, 1 assist, + 1, Strome, 2 assists,-1, Graham, even.
Sudbury 5, Barrie 3-Theoret, 1 assist, + 1.
Spokane 6, Edmonton 4-Kichton, 3 assists, + 1, Reinhart, no points, -1.
Western Michigan 4, Notre Dame 3 (SO)-Russo, + 2, Lee, even (both players did not score SO).
Denver 5, North Dakota 4-Mayfield, -1.
Kichton was a magician last night on the PP with 3 assists.:

Some Reinhart clips from last nights game as well:

I'll get the Strome and Theoret points up as well shortly.....

Old
02-23-2013, 02:15 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Kichton was a magician last night on the PP with 3 assists.:

Some Reinhart clips from last nights game as well:

I'll get the Strome and Theoret points up as well shortly.....
Reinhart looks awesome out there. He hits hard and often, is never out f place and has some great size. His skating ain't bad and he looks like a solid, punishing Pronger type who has to get his offense in gear.

NO worries here.

Those clips would have you think Kitchon was better. Well, maybe. I didn't see his defensive play or anything short of being a solid PP QBack. I saw far more of Reinhart and liked it. But we have both......so good for us.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:19 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
And Okposo is our Iginla..

.............now where's our damn Cup!!!
Well Iginla didn't win one so...

But seriously....Great post.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:22 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Was at the game in Montreal and walked out to the 100 level before warm-up and I bumped into two scouts. I initially started talking to the younger one and recognized his last name from an old yearbook- I said are you so-and-so's nephew or son? And the younger scout said, how do you know my dad? Well he was standing right there, and he shook my hand when I told him I was an Islanders fan.

I asked him a bunch of stuff, but the highlight was that they are very confident they will be signing Anders Lee, who may very well find himself up with the big club next year.

They also told me the only reason Nino is still in the AHL is because of the spat with his agent. I love the way Garth is establishing boundaries and creating a real culture of accountability. Sends DP down, rewards Poulin.

Garth's plan is coming together.
Unless you mean Snow's plan is to get yet another top 10 pick I have no idea what you're talking about.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:34 PM
InformTheMasses

Theoret assist from last night:

Old
02-23-2013, 04:46 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Was at the game in Montreal and walked out to the 100 level before warm-up and I bumped into two scouts. I initially started talking to the younger one and recognized his last name from an old yearbook- I said are you so-and-so's nephew or son? And the younger scout said, how do you know my dad? Well he was standing right there, and he shook my hand when I told him I was an Islanders fan.

I asked him a bunch of stuff, but the highlight was that they are very confident they will be signing Anders Lee, who may very well find himself up with the big club next year.

They also told me the only reason Nino is still in the AHL is because of the spat with his agent. I love the way Garth is establishing boundaries and creating a real culture of accountability. Sends DP down, rewards Poulin.

Garth's plan is coming together.
Now Bonzo, you promised us Petrov last summer, only to have your boy slap a pie in your face. You promised change in the air with a trade three weeks ago, yet it didn't happen. Now you promise us Lee...

Old
02-23-2013, 05:01 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

I made a list of our prospects' stats, ranked by points. Will try to keep this updated. Will include additional stats if people would like (+/-, PIM, etc). And if I left anyone off that you'd like to see, let me know.

POSNAMEGOALSASSISTSPOINTSGAMESLEAGUE
FRyan Strome31518247OHL
DBrenden Kichton18527061WHL
FMitchell Theoret24315553OHL
FNino Niederreiter22173949AHL
DAndrey Pedan12253750OHL
DAdam Pelech7303754OHL
FBrock Nelson14183240AHL
FAnders Lee17133033NCAA
DJesse Graham2262859OHL
DMatt Donovan8192749AHL
FJohn Persson16102650AHL
FJohan Sundstrom11142539AHL
DGriffin Reinhart6162249WHL
FKirill Petrov1282047KHL
DRobbie Russo5141933NCAA
DAaron Ness1181950AHL
DScott Mayfield2101230NCAA
DVille Pokka661240SM-liiga
FKirill Kabanov15614AHL
DCalvin de Haan0223AHL
DLoic Leduc02238QMJHL

Updated 2/23/13

Old
02-23-2013, 07:07 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Reinhart looks awesome out there. He hits hard and often, is never out f place and has some great size. His skating ain't bad and he looks like a solid, punishing Pronger type who has to get his offense in gear.

NO worries here.
Reinhart has played well this season. I see a ton of potential there. To me, he is just an incomplete player right now (as to be expected for a 19 year old). The funny thing about him is that the areas where he excels, he is at a high level/impact player level in NHL right now. So I can see where the temptation is to bring him up soon, but with him being so green in certain areas I almost definitely would send him back to Edmonton next season.

Area's where Reinhart is exceptional:
His play in front of the net (This is without a doubt a weakness for the Isles and if Reinhart makes the team next season it will be Because he protects the front of the net as good or better than any of the current Isles). It isn't always by way of physial presance either, his hand eye coordination, combined with his quick hand/strength/ and Hockey IQ make it incredibly difficult to get a pass to a man in the slot against him or get a quality shot off.

Awareness: He thinks the game like an NHL veteran, every time he touches the puck he instinctively makes the right play and moves it to the correct area of the ice. This also helps him when he is without the puck, playing in the proper position with proper gaps. Combine that with his length/reach and it's hard to pass/shoot against him.

Physical play: Reinhart is not a heat seeking missile, always looking for thunderous checks. But he does like taking the body and is very strong on his skates, if he hits you, you fall down and get taken out of the play. This is an underrated part of his game, he simply does not get enough credit for it.

Area's where Reinhart needs improvement:

All things offense. He has the tools: Big Shot, Accurate shot, Hockey IQ, precision passing. He needs a lot more time and confidence with the puck and in the offensive zone. He just looks so much more at home and calm in his own zone, not so much in the offensive side. He needs substantial experience running a Powerplay, with repetition will come confidence and results. He is just so green here, it would be a disservice to him to bring him before he has had time to work on this part of the game and/or expect him to gain that experience in the NHL.

His Speed: This to me is a real issue. As I said before he is so smart that he is usually doesn't get caught out of position. Sometimes however it is unavoidable and when he has to recover..... He can't. His natural footspeed seems okay, but his power stride and first few strides are REALLY bad. This is a huge issue and just like his offense... it would be a disservice to him to bring him before he has had time to work on this part of the game.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Reinhart has played well this season. I see a ton of potential there. To me, he is just an incomplete player right now (as to be expected for a 19 year old). The funny thing about him is that the areas where he excels, he is at a high level/impact player level in NHL right now. So I can see where the temptation is to bring him up soon, but with him being so green in certain areas I almost definitely would send him back to Edmonton next season.

Area's where Reinhart is exceptional:
His play in front of the net (This is without a doubt a weakness for the Isles and if Reinhart makes the team next season it will be Because he protects the front of the net as good or better than any of the current Isles). It isn't always by way of physial presance either, his hand eye coordination, combined with his quick hand/strength/ and Hockey IQ make it incredibly difficult to get a pass to a man in the slot against him or get a quality shot off.

Awareness: He thinks the game like an NHL veteran, every time he touches the puck he instinctively makes the right play and moves it to the correct area of the ice. This also helps him when he is without the puck, playing in the proper position with proper gaps. Combine that with his length/reach and it's hard to pass/shoot against him.

Physical play: Reinhart is not a heat seeking missile, always looking for thunderous checks. But he does like taking the body and is very strong on his skates, if he hits you, you fall down and get taken out of the play. This is an underrated part of his game, he simply does not get enough credit for it.

Area's where Reinhart needs improvement:

All things offense. He has the tools: Big Shot, Accurate shot, Hockey IQ, precision passing. He needs a lot more time and confidence with the puck and in the offensive zone. He just looks so much more at home and calm in his own zone, not so much in the offensive side. He needs substantial experience running a Powerplay, with repetition will come confidence and results. He is just so green here, it would be a disservice to him to bring him before he has had time to work on this part of the game and/or expect him to gain that experience in the NHL.

His Speed: This to me is a real issue. As I said before he is so smart that he is usually doesn't get caught out of position. Sometimes however it is unavoidable and when he has to recover..... He can't. His natural footspeed seems okay, but his power stride and first few strides are REALLY bad. This is a huge issue and just like his offense... it would be a disservice to him to bring him before he has had time to work on this part of the game.
Good post. Especially agree the last thing, his speed. From what I have seen, time and some
work in the summer should do him a lot of good.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Degeneration Rex

Saturday

Barrie 2, Guelph 0-Theoret, did not play, Pedan, -1.
Niagara 4, Kingston 1-Graham, 1 goal (3), 2 assists, + 2, Strome, 1 assist, + 1.
Notre Dame 1, Western Michigan 1 (OT)-Lee, 1 assist, + 1, Russo, + 1
North Dakota 6, Denver 1-Mayfield, -2.
Tri City 8, Edmonton 1-Reinhart, -1.
Spokane 2, Kamloops 0-Kichton, + 2.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 02-24-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Old
02-23-2013, 11:33 PM
doublechili

Quote:

NO worries here.

Those clips would have you think Kitchon was better. Well, maybe. I didn't see his defensive play or anything short of being a solid PP QBack. I saw far more of Reinhart and liked it. But we have both......so good for us.
Yeah, those clips are very encouraging. My biggest worry with Reinhart was that he might be soft. Guys seem to bounce off him and fall down. I like that in a defenseman.

Seriously, after 2 decades of smurfs on the backline, Reinhart is the last pick I'd complain about.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:51 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Knock it off or infractions will come.

Closed Thread