HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

The Carolina Game...

Old
02-17-2013, 02:17 AM
bigbren92

vCash: 500
The Carolina Game...

I honestly believe that after that loss, John Tavares elevated to another level. I've never seen him play with this much fire. It's almost like he never wants to lose again... Do you guys think that was the game that elevates him to the level of superstar(even though us isles fans already knew he was)

bigbren92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:36 AM
iLandHer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbren92 View Post
I honestly believe that after that loss, John Tavares elevated to another level. I've never seen him play with this much fire. It's almost like he never wants to lose again... Do you guys think that was the game that elevates him to the level of superstar(even though us isles fans already knew he was)
He's had these moments in his career so far, but he's definitely getting better.

I think he shoulders a lot of the blame for not being able to lead the team to victories, whether he should or shouldn't blame himself. The team did come out flat against the Rags and then got ripped into, then finally woke up. So I don't think that the Carolina game lit a fire under him anymore than other losing streaks have, I just think his game has gotten better overall since he was drafted year and and year out. These past two wins we see the rest of the team working harder, and that's the key, John needs other people to help do the work. No player can do it all alone.

iLandHer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 06:06 AM
Bexlyspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCycleDriveBy View Post
He's had these moments in his career so far, but he's definitely getting better.

I think he shoulders a lot of the blame for not being able to lead the team to victories, whether he should or shouldn't blame himself. The team did come out flat against the Rags and then got ripped into, then finally woke up. So I don't think that the Carolina game lit a fire under him anymore than other losing streaks have, I just think his game has gotten better overall since he was drafted year and and year out. These past two wins we see the rest of the team working harder, and that's the key, John needs other people to help do the work. No player can do it all alone.
yeah it needs to be a team effort, but when your best player steps it up, it inspires the team as a whole, especially with a guy like Tavares, who seems very likable in the first place. when players see him working so hard and doing amazing things they step up too. at least the ones who care

Bexlyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:46 PM
startainfection

what about last janurary?

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote