Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/4 way through the season

Old
02-13-2013, 07:38 AM
whatsbruin

vCash: 500
1/4 way through the season

We are 1 game away from being a quarter of the way through the season.

Looking at the stats, and prorating them to an regular session you can see some severe disappointments.

Yes I know 11 games is a small sample, and if any player is either having a hot streak or cold streak it severely affects the numbers.

All that said, way too many top 9 forwards with two or less goals.

Krecji, Horton, Lucic, and Marchand are the only ones really producing, and if you prorate Marchands goal total over a regular
season he is scoring 56 but only 8 assists
which really proves the point it is too small a sample size.

Still gives one something to think about.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:48 AM
Regina

Perhaps I will post it here rather than the ' Around the League ' thread then .

Coming up to the 1/4 turn on the regular season for the Bruins and some have made the turn already . I think the Bruins need to go another 1/4 as they just have 2 times to solidy a top three spot if they want to stay in that relm .

Jersey is a surprise , other than that , not allot of shock to see at the eastern standings imo . I think the Leaf is more beievable in that top eight than the Hurricanes .

Regina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:53 AM
flannelman
Regular Season Mode.

vCash: 50
stat-wise: players will pick it up. but there are some concerns creeping in.

overall: i haven't been dissatisfied by the team but feel like they could still be better (Horton physicality, Seguin scoring, etc). We've seen some turnovers from our stud rookie D-man, but that's to be expected. For the most part pleased, but they can still work at getting better.

the PK has been one of the highlights for me, year-to-date. they've been solid, multiple pairings going out there and not just killing the penalty, but creating scoring opportunities. the attack mentality reminds me of the Flyers PK from a few years ago (w/ Richards, iirc) and they'd attack and get notable shorties. However, we just don't seem to be letting them in.

the biggest area of improvement that this team needs is being talked about in the 'how to fix the PP' thread. If we start scoring some goals, it'll assuage some fears that we have. right now, though, it seems like we're snakebitten and I hate how cliche that sounds but it isn't as though the boys aren't generating scoring opportunities, they are and, in fact, some really good scoring opportunities. the puck just isn't hitting the twine.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:58 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Record aside, this team hasn't been playing that good lately IMO.

Relying waaaaaayyyyyyyyy to much on goaltending again. Seems to be the MO here for awhile. Last night, the boys bailed Tuuk out which was nice to see.

Too many defensive lapses and turnovers.

Way too uneven effort by the forwards. They can actually win or tie games with ten minute bursts...that's good and bad. You don't want to always think you can come back so you can not work as hard early.

Power Play. My buddy Dom recommended that Julien just roll out the same units on the PP that normally play together... Makes a heck of alot of sense...as he always does..

more later, have a meeting...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Regina

All you guys worry too much about the power play .

The only number you need to look at , regardless of each team's power play stat in the eastern conference is the GF / GA . Thats the obvious trend to success and its irrelevant on how you you get the GF number to be larger than the GA number .

Regina is offline   Reply With Quote