HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Abdelkater to the Oilers

Old
02-11-2013, 07:48 PM
backhandsauce

vCash: 500
Abdelkater to the Oilers

Whitney and Omark? Oilers desperately need energy and grit in the bottom six.

backhandsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:00 PM
THW

Detroit needs defensive minded defensemen with right a handed shot. You can have Cleary for a box of Tim Bits.

THW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
Whitney and Omark? Oilers desperately need energy and grit in the bottom six.
As a fan of both teams it's a huge NO from the Wings. Renney had Omark in Edmonton and totally hates him. Whitney is done as a NHLer. The Oilers would love Abdelkader.

Oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:19 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

First off this is not enough for Justin Abdelkader the way Whitney is playing and I don't see any Wings fan liking this proposal. Justin Abdelkader would be nice with the Oilers, but their full of LW 3/4 liners, if he was a RWer I'd be all for it, pass.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
First off this is not enough for Justin Abdelkader the way Whitney is playing and I don't see any Wings fan liking this proposal. Justin Abdelkader would be nice with the Oilers, but their full of LW 3/4 liners, if he was a RWer I'd be all for it, pass.
Justin can play on the 3LW and Smyth can be eating popcorn up in the Press Box for all I care.

Oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:35 PM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 1037
I do it as an EDM fan.

But I cannot argue with the counterpoints from DET fans with a good conscience.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:38 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Big no from the Red Wings.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Eternal Sunshine

Abby + Cleary for Klefbom. OK SWEET

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Abby + Cleary for Klefbom. OK SWEET
Make it Abby and Helm and I'd do it... and I'm as big a Klefbom fan as any, but Helm has always been a fave of mine. Abdelkader-Helm-Paajarvi would be a sweet 3rd line.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Make it Abby and Helm and I'd do it... and I'm as big a Klefbom fan as any, but Helm has always been a fave of mine. Abdelkader-Helm-Paajarvi would be a sweet 3rd line.
Wings' fans general responses to trading Helm make our responses to inquiries re: Johansen look downright tame.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:11 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
Justin can play on the 3LW and Smyth can be eating popcorn up in the Press Box for all I care.
I believe MPS is slotted in Smyth's spot when he retires (hopefully soon), and then there is Mitchell Moroz coming up in the next couple of years. The Oilers have a couple of others, the trade doesn't make sense, it's the top 6 that needs the grit and at RW, LW is loaded.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:28 PM
FlashyG

I don't think the deal in the OP is that far off. Abdelkader isn't someone the Wings would view as untradeable. Most Wings fans would want Dan Cleary involved in the deal as well. To free up a roster spot for one of the prospects we have ready to jump to the NHL level.

Omark is intriguing to the Red Wings as he would be able to re-unite with Zetterberg and Brunner who he seemed to have great chemistry with in Switzerland.

Not sure about Whitney though, offensively I think he'd be a good fit for the Wings but they already have quite a few LH shots on the blueline and his +/- numbers are a little scary for a team that already has defensive issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
For the past couple seasons he has been a center for the Wings, although with the exception of his faceoff abilities he's better suited as a winger.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:33 PM
needzmoarcleary
I'm Back

As a wings fan I wouldn't mind packaging abby in a trade and most of this is just based on his play this season. I don't hate the guy just haven't seen a whole lot from his year. The way I look at it, if it helps us why not, we got plenty of guys in GR.

needzmoarcleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Would Detroit be interested in any of our Swedes?

Paajarvi, Omark or Klefbom?

As a package or individually?

I'm not really familiar with Detroits players, would you have any big wingers, a 2C or shut down D you'd be willing to part with?

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Whitney is a no go for the Wings. MPS would would be something the Wings would look at.

If anything, the Wings are looking for the same things the Oilers are, so I dont see a deal being made...unless its a prospect trade.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:04 AM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

Quote:
You want to trade Klefbom for 2 bottom 6 players? Oh My.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Would Detroit be interested in any of our Swedes?

Paajarvi, Omark or Klefbom?

As a package or individually?

I'm not really familiar with Detroits players, would you have any big wingers, a 2C or shut down D you'd be willing to part with?
Stop trying to trade off Klefbom.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:44 AM
RedWinger10

Quote:
Originally Posted by datsykiandeke View Post
As a wings fan I wouldn't mind packaging abby in a trade and most of this is just based on his play this season. I don't hate the guy just haven't seen a whole lot from his year. The way I look at it, if it helps us why not, we got plenty of guys in GR.
Yeah but not for Omark and Whitney. Maybe for one of the Schultz d men...

RedWinger10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 06:13 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Håkan Andersson is really high on Klefbom.. But I think Oilers keep him.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:56 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2700
Quote:
That's brutal for the Oil. As much as I'd take both on my team, I'm not giving a blue chip prospect for the two of them.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
You want to trade Klefbom for 2 bottom 6 players? Oh My.

Stop trying to trade off Klefbom.
If I could involve him in a package for a better player, I would. He's not Jesus.

If something like Paajarvi, Klefbom and a pick grab us a big 2C and a solid developed NHL D-man, why wouldn't you do it?

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:24 AM
solo16

Abs is an odd guy to trade. The wings really do not need him with the number of bottom 6ers they have at the moment so he is trade-able. That being said hes got work ethic, size, some scoring upside and is young. Only other guy they have like that is Sheahan. Andersson is a step behind Abs imo.

I see him being a McCarthy/Lapointe/Maltby type. Somewhere in that trio of players. For now he is a solid bottom 6er and could rotate up the lines as he ages. He is one of those players that always has a spot on your team.

Wings fans are tough on him because in many ways Miller, Eaves, Samuelson, Tartar, Nyquist, Andersson, Sheahan, Helm, Mursak, Tootoo, Emmerton, Cleary, and Bertuzzi are more useful players from an offensive perspective and many are better from a Pking perspective (not saying much). His only comparable in that group is Miller. (Abs is faster, younger, bigger) (Miller is a better pker and a slightly better scorer, 3 yrs older).

But if you look at our team and who has the best chance of being a dominant net front guy in 2/3 years, its Abs. Really only Abs. So the wings keep him unless a nice package is put up or something higher than a 2nd round pick. He's only 25 and is a team guy through and through.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Cyborg Yzerman
Axel H (Flashy G)

vCash: 50
A deal could totally be arranged for Abdelkader. Just not for what's offered. Detroit has a gluttony of bottom 6 guys right now, something could easily be arranged.

Cyborg Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote