HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT-Meeting the Red Wings

Old
02-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Yzerman1919*

vCash: 500
OT-Meeting the Red Wings

Hello everyone, new here and I am taking a road trip (around 7 hours) to a Wings game March 10th vs Columbus. Is there any way you can meet the guys before/after the game? What about practice? They don't play until the 13th in Calgary so I dont know when they will fly out.

Any help would be appreciated, long trip so trying to get some autographs and meet some guys to sign my jersey. Thanks!

Yzerman1919* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Yzerman1919*

Anyone?

Yzerman1919* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Nut Upstrom

My family and I tried meeting them once when they came down here to Florida a few years after the Panthers joined the league. We didn't go through any official channels however. After the game we made a circuit of the arena from outside and found the team bus, but security kept us from getting into that parking area. We watched them board the bus from a distance with about two dozen other Wings fans; got a wave from a few of the players but no, never got to meet any of them, it was fun though for a hockey-mad teen.
Added bonus was Gary thorn and Bill Clement drove by us and rolled down the window of their car (they were in the back) while exiting the arena and Clement said something that I did not hear. Most of the fans there jeered him so I think he said something flippant or cocky to amuse himself.

Nut Upstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Eternal Sunshine

Cleary can usually be found here

http://www.drhuhc.org/services/geriatric/

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Ozz

There's not really a set way to go about it, otherwise everyone would do it all the time. But there are always people lining up after games near their parking lot exit, and sometimes someone will stop to sign and say hi. I've done that twice: met Datsyuk the first time and nobody the next. It's a crapshoot.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote