HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Burke Thread - March 2013

Old
03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
It takes a while to clean out crap before you install the new stuff. Simple as that, in the future you'll see more of Burke's work than JFJ's.
Just like every other team.

Look at the Ducks, Getzlaf and Perry pre-date Burke, and I'd say there aren't more important players on the team than those 2.

Actually, from what I've read Nonis was the lead on Phaneuf.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
This is the dumbest argument anyone could possibly make in regards to the kessel trade. Why you and some others continue to regurgitate it is beyond me.

We know who the players are - they have names now:

Tyler Sequin
Dougie Hamilton
Jared Knight

This was the price paid. Suggesting that our GM didn't know how bad the team he controlled really was - is not a get out of jail free card - if anything it makes him look ever worse then if he literally traded the above 3 players for Kessel.
It is pretty simple that some can't seem to wrap their head around. When the trade was finalized it wasn't for Tyler Seguin, Taylor Hall, nor all those other players. Neither was it for a player like Sean Couturier or other players.

It said Phil Kessel is traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs for a first round draft pick in the 2010 and 2011 draft along with a second round draft pick in the 2010.

God lord I have to defend this Kessel trade more to the leaf fans than bruins fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungbaby View Post
Where did I say that? How do you know there isn't a great player in the upcoming draft? You're coming off badly because somebody called you out a little. Tell me, what do you expect out of a GM?
This a strong draft but doesn't even come close to the draft where a first overall will give you the next generation player. I don't know where you've been or if you have been in the draft thread that's stickied which I started since end of last season. I know enough to know this is a deep draft but not a draft where I'll get the next gretzky nor a next crosby.

What do you mean someone called me out?

03-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
You mean two first rounds which become those two players, I mean hey I'm sure he was carrying a crystal ball in his lunch pack that said that right?
A GM's job is to have a crystal ball. That's why they are paid so much.

Quote:
Oh I am sure Chiarelli knew this when he was also listening to the offer of the blue jackets and the predators who were offered a first rounder with either Jonathan Blum or John Moore. Look at that another proposal with two first rounders.
That's why he picked Toronto. I read a quote on here from PC before that he specifically picked Toronto as a trading partner because he thought that was the most enticing trade package.

Quote:
Oh yea ? Tlusty is a first rounder right, wait a minute here...are you telling me he's a first line player? Just like Tyler Bozak ? Good job buddy we got a first rounder as well then by that logic right?
Maybe not a bonafide first liner but a capable one and definitely an all situations kind of player with skill.

And we traded him for a prospect...a pretty bad one...and then we traded him with Victor Stalberg (who played so well with Bozak coincidentally).

Quote:
Oh who's counting, wait a minute:
Tyler Bozak (can be considered a first rounder by the level of production he's done but hey who's counting, if you compare them by the age of those from his draft year it will prove my point), Stuart Percy (1st rounder), Tyler Biggs(1st rounder), Carter Ashton (1st rounder, which was flipped for Aulie, who was a consolation prize from the phaneuf robbery), Joe Colborne (1st rounder), Nazem Kadri (1st rounder), Jake Gardiner (1st rounder) and then moves like getting more picks in the drafts but hey who's counting right? I mean he only did sell back the player that a team could've easily kept over the free agency for a guy like Lupul and Gards right?
From what I understand...

All 29 other NHL teams acquire players in the draft and trade.

The goal was the playoffs though...and we finished 2nd last, 9th last, and most recently 5th last...while handing Boston cornerstone players that otherwise should have been on our team.

Quote:
Oh yea they are doing a great job keeping up the team in the standings because of them the team is on a crazy streak....oh wait, it is not the case now is it? Wanna know who's making more of a standpoint for the bruins that really hurts me? Tuuka Rask, who's not only playing behind an excellent defensive team but also showing he's not to be messed around with. Whatever happened raycroft I wonder....
Right...Rask is playing well behind a really great team. Not that the trade has anything to do with Burke or this discussion. I guess it's sort of sad that it is even arguable that the Kessel trade can turn out to be as bad or worse as one of the worst Leafs trades in a decade. I demand more from a GM than 2nd worst.

Quote:
It's funny how you fell off because guess what..that's not how hockey works. If the rangers had listened to the out cry of all those fans that was asking for sather's head in 2004-06, when they fell off, guess what would've happened? They wouldn't have a ludnqvist, a richards, a callahan, a dubinsky and a staal and so on. They do now because they were patience and they didn't need to tank for the first overall either.
Yes but I was also on the bandwagon for years before Carlyle was hired. I was pisssed at Wilson for keeping him off the team and since he was replaced with a more hard nosed defensive coach, I thought Kadri wouldn't stand a chance. Turns out Kadri is a Carlyle type player.

Quote:
Again this is utter ******** and nonsense I keep hearing, guess who else also was supposedly struggling due to carlyle's work? Teemu Selanne past his prime, Bobby Ryan who had the same treatment as Nazem Kadri in the AHL who is thriving now, Dan Sexton who also took the same crap, Matt Beleskey who took the same crap, even players who were defensively stable in Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, so this foolishness about Carlyle ruining kessel needs to stop. Skill always comes out but defensive games refine and helps your skill utilized properly at the right time and pace.
Kessel just looks noticeably out of sync and step with the system the Leafs play. He rarely ever forechecks and if he does he just skates by the guy waving his stick. And when he dumps it in, he usually just gets off the ice. Really short shift lengths and he looks incredibly gassed and winded during those too. Not a Carlyle kind of player.

Quote:
As I said Burke's most foolish mistake was his partner Wilson, which in the end cost of job. However patience wise, yes he was a bit more impatient than this franchise needed but in the end he has done more good than harm, however people won't admit. All those who despise him him will bring up this foolish Kessel talk.
People want evidence that he has done more harm than good. Because if you actually look at the results...they are very poor and harmful because we lost cornerstone players to a division rival. And if Burke is willing to put him and Wilson ahead of the team and its ultimate success, he is complicit is damaging the team. Then of course add all of his absolutely ridiculous choices in signings and trades that blocked roster spots and drove the team into the gutter, well then it looks more indemnifying. Companies like Rogers and Bell utilize strict control and performance measures for each employee from top to bottom in their corporations. They know how much they are getting and giving for their money, and they weren't getting much for how much they were spending on those circus acts some call seasons throughout 2009 to 2012.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:12 PM
achtungbaby

Quote:
It is pretty simple that some can't seem to wrap their head around. When the trade was finalized it wasn't for Tyler Seguin, Taylor Hall, nor all those other players. Neither was it for a player like Sean Couturier or other players.

It said Phil Kessel is traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs for a first round draft pick in the 2010 and 2011 draft along with a second round draft pick in the 2010.

God lord I have to defend this Kessel trade more to the leaf fans than bruins fans.

This a strong draft but doesn't even come close to the draft where a first overall will give you the next generation player. I don't know where you've been or if you have been in the draft thread that's stickied which I started since end of last season. I know enough to know this is a deep draft but not a draft where I'll get the next gretzky nor a next crosby.

Once again, where did I state what you implied? I'll respond to the rest of your post if you answer that.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Richards, Carter, Getzlaf, Perry, Eberle, Richards and many more are there too.
So why trade two first round picks when you are coming off a 7th last place season?

When you can tap into some of the best prospects in the game.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Just like every other team.

Look at the Ducks, Getzlaf and Perry pre-date Burke, and I'd say there aren't more important players on the team than those 2.

Actually, from what I've read Nonis was the lead on Phaneuf.
Yes he was, according to Burke in his presser.

However people have this notion that those two were very crucial, yes they played a part but their main guns were Mcdonald, Pronger - Neidermayer, and Selanne. I believe Getzlaf was up and down, on the wings along with Mcdonald? Can't be too sure if memory serves correct. Perry was the same case. However the acquisitions also helped as in getting players like Marchant and what not. I can't be sure if Kunitz was signed by him or Murray, it has to either murray or burke.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:

However people have this notion that those two were very crucial, yes they played a part but their main guns were Mcdonald, Pronger - Neidermayer, and Selanne. I believe Getzlaf was up and down, on the wings along with Mcdonald? Can't be too sure if memory serves correct. Perry was the same case. However the acquisitions also helped as in getting players like Marchant and what not. I can't be sure if Kunitz was signed by him or Murray, it has to either murray or burke.
Kunitz was Murray. Great player in the Cup run.

I have him on my fantasy team...10th round pick.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:19 PM
DaveT83*

Quote:

Ok yes I understand what you're saying - but Burke was the highest paid GM in the history of Professional Hockey. What you are suggesting is that no GM should ever be held accountable for anythign becuase they cannot read the future.

For example: Using your logic Scott Howson should NOT be considered a bad GM because how was he to know Columbus would play so poorly every year?

Do you not see how foolish this sounds?

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:25 PM
achtungbaby

Quote:
Ok yes I understand what you're saying - but Burke was the highest paid GM in the history of Professional Hockey. What you are suggesting is that no GM should ever be held accountable for anythign becuase they cannot read the future.

For example: Using your logic Scott Howson should NOT be considered a bad GM because how was he to know Columbus would play so poorly every year?

Using that logic, why not trade each and every one of our draft picks each and every year? They're just draft picks after all, it's not like they turn out to be hockey players.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Using that logic, why not trade each and every one of our draft picks each and every year? They're just draft picks after all, it's not like they turn out to be hockey players.
Similarly, Burke should get no credit for the Lupul trade. He doesn't have a crystal ball and never could have known it would work out for us.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
A GM's job is to have a crystal ball. That's why they are paid so much.

That's why he picked Toronto. I read a quote on here from PC before that he specifically picked Toronto as a trading partner because he thought that was the most enticing trade package.

Maybe not a bonafide first liner but a capable one and definitely an all situations kind of player with skill.

And we traded him for a prospect...a pretty bad one...and then we traded him with Victor Stalberg (who played so well with Bozak coincidentally).
No. A GM's job is to assess a team's situation, build it with a solid foundation and use that core to make a run to eventually get a cup.

I am pretty it was due to Chiarelli's not wanting a defensemen but I could be wrong about this. He isn't a first liner, he was playing in the third line last year and starting playing extremely good which I was very happy about, eventually being slotted with Eric due to his defensive game.

I'm glad Stalberg is scoring well with the cerebral blackhawks team but if the younger prospect Joshua Leivo takes his time and gets where we want him to be, he will be a much better and more of a impact player than Viktor.

Quote:
From what I understand...

All 29 other NHL teams acquire players in the draft and trade.

The goal was the playoffs though...and we finished 2nd last, 9th last, and most recently 5th last...while handing Boston cornerstone players that otherwise should have been on our team.

Right...Rask is playing well behind a really great team. Not that the trade has anything to do with Burke or this discussion. I guess it's sort of sad that it is even arguable that the Kessel trade can turn out to be as bad or worse as one of the worst Leafs trades in a decade. I demand more from a GM than 2nd worst.
Again you are assuming these guys are cornerstones when they are dipping their toes into the water.

Yes it does actually, people are *****ing about Brian Burke bringing in phill kessel, although he has had a 82 point season, and saying how we have bartered of two cornerstone pieces. All while Tuuka Rask who is having a phenomenal season is proving much more than those two, although we got absolutely NOTHING in return, btw where is Andrew Raycroft these day

Quote:
Yes but I was also on the bandwagon for years before Carlyle was hired. I was pisssed at Wilson for keeping him off the team and since he was replaced with a more hard nosed defensive coach, I thought Kadri wouldn't stand a chance. Turns out Kadri is a Carlyle type player.

Kessel just looks noticeably out of sync and step with the system the Leafs play. He rarely ever forechecks and if he does he just skates by the guy waving his stick. And when he dumps it in, he usually just gets off the ice. Really short shift lengths and he looks incredibly gassed and winded during those too. Not a Carlyle kind of player.
Funny how one can get a pass while the other can't. Kessel is still producing respectable number with a third line center. Kadri is on a tear right now but he won't keep it up as much as I would LOVE for him to, and I'm one of his biggest fans here. Didn't I just state people said the same for those listed players and did much more than others also thought possible? Patience is a virtue.

Quote:
People want evidence that he has done more harm than good. Because if you actually look at the results...they are very poor and harmful because we lost cornerstone players to a division rival. And if Burke is willing to put him and Wilson ahead of the team and its ultimate success, he is complicit is damaging the team. Then of course add all of his absolutely ridiculous choices in signings and trades that blocked roster spots and drove the team into the gutter, well then it looks more indemnifying. Companies like Rogers and Bell utilize strict control and performance measures for each employee from top to bottom in their corporations. They know how much they are getting and giving for their money, and they weren't getting much for how much they were spending on those circus acts some call seasons throughout 2009 to 2012.
Again you are saying those two players are a cornerstone when in reality they aren't even spearheading the team. Their cornerstone is their goalie, zdeno chara and believe it or not one of their main scorers in Brad Marchand.

Man I can't wait when it's a few years down the road when all these jeers will finally dim down from those cheers.

Quote:
So why trade two first round picks when you are coming off a 7th last place season?

When you can tap into some of the best prospects in the game.
Call speeding up the process for a star who has immense skill?

Old
03-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Once again, where did I state what you implied? I'll respond to the rest of your post if you answer that.
Once again what are you getting at? I stated, please don't tell me you are asking for this team to be ripped from limb to limb expecting a super star nothing more nothing less.
Quote:

Again did I not also point out his flaws? Keeping the coach, his buddy ron wilson, expecting him to be the right fit? I mean what's going on? Overestimating his team's capability under his friend.

Wanna talk about history? Glen sather also traded for Pavel Bure, drafted Al Montoya (back up for the winnipeg jets currently, in the first round which was 6th overall I believe) and also got Hugh Jessiman in one of the best draft in recent times. He was held accountable but he was also able to rectify his mistakes not held to gun point and crucified non stop.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:36 PM
KAVORKA

I'm glad he's getting a chance to see a tough yet skilled Leafs team, I know thats what he wanted.
I will always believe that his self imposed rules, a difficult attitude but most of all his mismanagement/loyalty of Ron Wilson was his down fall. Sad really... but we do have the best man as our GM right now.

KAVORKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAVORKA View Post
I'm glad he's getting a chance to see a tough yet skilled Leafs team, I know thats what he wanted.
I will always believe that his self imposed rules, a difficult attitude but most of all his mismanagement/loyalty of Ron Wilson was his down fall. Sad really... but we do have the best man as our GM right now.
Definitely his loyalty cost him BIG time. His loyalty to his players were a plus point though, so it's a bit of a bitter irony.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:38 PM
achtungbaby

Quote:
Once again what are you getting at? I stated, please don't tell me you are asking for this team to be ripped from limb to limb expecting a super star nothing more nothing less.

Again did I not also point out his flaws? Keeping the coach, his buddy ron wilson, expecting him to be the right fit? I mean what's going on? Overestimating his team's capability under his friend.

Wanna talk about history? Glen sather also traded for Pavel Bure, drafted Al Montoya (back up for the winnipeg jets currently, in the first round which was 6th overall I believe) and also got Hugh Jessiman in one of the best draft in recent times. He was held accountable but he was also able to rectify his mistakes not held to gun point and crucified non stop.
Weak dude. We'll agree to disagree here.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Quote:
The short term success that you would hope and expect to come from trading two 1st round picks for an established player in the league.

I don't think the plan was to trade 1st round picks and then tank...because that doesn't make any sense.

Unfortunately that's what happened and Burke failed the franchise and mortgaged away a huge part of our future for a one-zone winger.
No I agree its not what Burke expected to do.

I'm just wondering where this "short term success" thing came from because that's not what I remember.

Burke went for the best of both worlds. The now (Kessel was a very good player already) and the future (Kessel was also very young). Not a bad strategy but unfortunately thanks to him mis-evaluating the talent of the rest of the team, it didn't quite work out for the best.

Kessel's a one-zone player who was PPG last year and 6th (I think) overall in NHL scoring. You may not like the trade (in hindsight Burke gave up way too much) but he's no slouch.

Quote:
So if you were a GM, what do you think your strategy is if you traded two firsts? Are you looking long term, or building a foundation? Both isn't a great answer because it's hard to be half pregnant.
Its hard to be half pregnant but hockey isn't pregnancy. I'd actually argue the Kessel trade would be an excellent move for the short and long term if the rest of the team was further along. Burke's strategy was fine, but his execution was off (timing was horrible).

Spazmatic Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:41 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:

Getzlaf was their leading scorer in playoffs and Perry tied for second with Selanne and Pronger. Getzlaf actually played the most TOI/g in the playoffs.

It was a team effort, by GM's past and present.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:44 PM
achtungbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmatic Dan View Post
No I agree its not what Burke expected to do.

I'm just wondering where this "short term success" thing came from because that's not what I remember.

Burke went for the best of both worlds. The now (Kessel was a very good player already) and the future (Kessel was also very young). Not a bad strategy but unfortunately thanks to him mis-evaluating the talent of the rest of the team, it didn't quite work out for the best.

Kessel's a one-zone player who was PPG last year and 6th (I think) overall in NHL scoring. You may not like the trade (in hindsight Burke gave up way too much) but he's no slouch.

Its hard to be half pregnant but hockey isn't pregnancy. I'd actually argue the Kessel trade would be an excellent move for the short and long term if the rest of the team was further along. Burke's strategy was fine, but his execution was off (timing was horrible).
It wasn't. Ergo, bad move.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Weak dude. We'll agree to disagree here.
what just happened? you asked me question when i stated something and now it's...I don't even know but cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Getzlaf was their leading scorer in playoffs and Perry tied for second with Selanne and Pronger. Getzlaf actually played the most TOI/g in the playoffs.

It was a team effort, by GM's past and present.
Go figure! Whatever the case, we will bear our fruits sooner than later.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
No. A GM's job is to assess a team's situation, build it with a solid foundation and use that core to make a run to eventually get a cup.
And two high first round picks would have been a much better foundation...and players like Tlusty and Stalberg.

Quote:
I am pretty it was due to Chiarelli's not wanting a defensemen but I could be wrong about this. He isn't a first liner, he was playing in the third line last year and starting playing extremely good which I was very happy about, eventually being slotted with Eric due to his defensive game.
Can't find the quote but he did get to choose the team to send Kessel to. If he could choose, then he would obviously choose the team that offered the most.

Quote:
I'm glad Stalberg is scoring well with the cerebral blackhawks team but if the younger prospect Joshua Leivo takes his time and gets where we want him to be, he will be a much better and more of a impact player than Viktor.
Tlusty and Stalberg

or

Percy and Leivo

I know who I choose..the NHL players.

Quote:
Again you are assuming these guys are cornerstones when they are dipping their toes into the water

Seguin had a 70 point sophomore campaign and is playing wing on a line with Bergeron. Fantastic development if you ask me. Wait till he starts playing his natural position. Centermen are so much more valuable than wingers, and even though Seguin is already better defensively than Kessel...I'd say he could still improve.

And Hamilton is a rookie who is almost outscoring Kessel. And obviously he is better defensively.

I'd say they jumped head first...nevermind a toe in the water LOL

Quote:
Yes it does actually, people are *****ing about Brian Burke bringing in phill kessel, although he has had a 82 point season, and saying how we have bartered of two cornerstone pieces. All while Tuuka Rask who is having a phenomenal season is proving much more than those two, although we got absolutely NOTHING in return, btw where is Andrew Raycroft these day
Do you really care about players point totals that much? I didn't realize the goal of the trade was to bring in a softie winger who doesn't help our team win at all. 82 points in a 5th last season while being a minus player. If that makes you happy, by all means enjoy. I'm more interested in seeing the Leafs win.

But just for the record, Seguin and Hamilton are already outscoring Kessel while bringing a FAR superior defensive style of play.

Quote:
Funny how one can get a pass while the other can't. Kessel is still producing respectable number with a third line center. Kadri is on a tear right now but he won't keep it up as much as I would LOVE for him to, and I'm one of his biggest fans here. Didn't I just state people said the same for those listed players and did much more than others also thought possible? Patience is a virtue.
Kadri has a better compete level, two-way game, and attitude than Kessel in my opinion. That's the difference between him and Kessel.

Quote:
Again you are saying those two players are a cornerstone when in reality they aren't even spearheading the team. Their cornerstone is their goalie, zdeno chara and believe it or not one of their main scorers in Brad Marchand.
Maybe you are expecting a little too much out of a 3rd year player and a rookie.

Quote:
Man I can't wait when it's a few years down the road when all these jeers will finally dim down from those cheers.
Start winning meaningful games and it will happen.

Quote:
Call speeding up the process for a star who has immense skill?
2 is greater than 1, though.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:54 PM
achtungbaby

Quote:
what just happened? you asked me question when i stated something and now it's...I don't even know but cool

Go figure! Whatever the case, we will bear our fruits sooner than later.
You stated the exact same thing after I asked you for clarification on your original statement. Your position here is weak and I think you know it. Laugh all you want but I'm guessing we're done here? I'll be back in about 5 hours if you have a rebuttal that's worth responding to.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
You stated the exact same thing after I asked you for clarification on your original statement. Your position here is weak and I think you know it. Laugh all you want but I'm guessing we're done here?
Or you are thinking that ? Or assuming that? How is my position weak? What are you even asking me, I simply stated, hoping you aren't one of the people who believe tanking as the oilers will get us to the holy land. Don't know what we are even talking about now anymore afterwards I'd love to talk to you

Old
03-06-2013, 02:57 PM
DaveT83*

Bomber has said everything I wanted to

The goal of any trade is to make your team better. A teams performance is determined via the standings at end of season. Wins vs Losses. This is what matters.

Not how many goals the team scored - or assists tabulated. Not how many representatives they had sent to the All-Star game.

I thinK Leaf Rocket and guys like him would rather have 2 PPG players - and 3 guys every year at the ALL-Star game - then they would want the team to finish higher than 9th ****ing last.

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:58 PM
achtungbaby

Quote:
Or you are thinking that ? Or assuming that? How is my position weak? What are you even asking me, I simply stated, hoping you aren't one of the people who believe tanking as the oilers will get us to the holy land. Don't know what we are even talking about now anymore afterwards I'd love to talk to you
I'd love to talk to you, but I have to go to work. Let's continue this later shall we?

Old
03-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Bomber has said everything I wanted to

The goal of any trade is to make your team better. A teams performance is determined via the standings at end of season. Wins vs Losses. This is what matters.

Not how many goals the team scored - or assists tabulated. Not how many representatives they had sent to the All-Star game.

I thinK Leaf Rocket and guys like him would rather have 2 PPG players - and 3 guys every year at the ALL-Star game - then they would want the team to finish higher than 9th ****ing last.
It's strange though..because even when we do start tabulating the number of points scored, Hamilton and Seguin are scoring more than Kessel. And none are as soft and lazy defensively.

No results with Kessel in the standings, and now that small satisfaction we've had that Kessel is outscoring Seguin is gone...because one of the two other players we traded for him is now playing in the NHL.