HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Section behind the benches at ACC

Old
02-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Hockeyfan2390

vCash: 500
Section behind the benches at ACC

Hey guys - is there some special concession/bar area directly behind the team benches? I usually notice that the first four or five rows behind the benches are nearly 100% empty for the starts of periods.

Hockeyfan2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:32 PM
jgravessimcoe

Squatting rights for unoccupied seats at the ACC! Who's with me?!

jgravessimcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:33 PM
frankthetank91

People will tell you: Ahh it's those damn suits don't care enough to hurry back to their seats.

But I don't buy that, your telling me every game those large chunks of people almost no one shows up? What is the real answer? I don't get it either.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:35 PM
trader11

Platinum lounges below the seats........

trader11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TMLFC
Registered abuser

vCash: 50
Sushi Buffet.

TMLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bshaw

isnt there like open bar for platnums..of course no ones gunna be in a rush to get back to their seats

bshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Jerkini

Yea, there's a fancy pants resteraunts.

http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/re...Club/index.asp

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:41 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshaw View Post
isnt there like open bar for platnums..of course no ones gunna be in a rush to get back to their seats
Precisely.

First five platinum rows in the middle section of the acc have individual corporate lounges down below. Rooms complete with a bartender, food and yes a flatscreen broadcasting the game.

You can see how its difficult for some to "hurry back" with all that gloriousness going on

EDIT: Its a pretty touchy subject here... something that many Leaf fans continue to take issue with.

topched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Ari91

That area is part of the platinum section and many of the platinum tickets carry a lot of perks like access to exclusive restaurants/lounge and suites. Many people entertain business clients there. I have sat in those seats before and have had access to those luxury perks. Specifically, I've been to the Platinum Club lounge and to be completely honest with you, it's very easy to lose track of time when you're there. The restaurant has a variety of drinks on their menu, there are TVs behind the bar and the restaurant is a full service restaurant. If you want to dine at the restaurant during intermission, it's likely that it's going to take longer than the intermission length to order, be served and eat your meal.

So the easy answer is that there are many perks that come with the section and intermission time is simply not long enough for people to fully enjoy those perks so they instead, they get their money's worth from the perks and then go back to their seats.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Hockeyfan2390

For example
Attached Images
File Type: png photo..png‎ (935.4 KB, 96 views)

Hockeyfan2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:44 PM
keonsbitterness

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Precisely.

First five platinum rows in the middle section of the acc have individual corporate lounges down below. Rooms complete with a bartender, food and yes a flatscreen broadcasting the game.

You can see how its difficult for some to "hurry back" with all that gloriousness going on

Go watch the game live at the ACC so you can watch it on TV. Brilliant!

keonsbitterness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:49 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonsbitterness View Post
Go watch the game live at the ACC so you can watch it on TV. Brilliant!
Hey I'm with you haha.

I've even had the luxury of being in those a couple times... always made it back for the start of the period. And definitely was in the minority.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

We prefer to call this section "Sushi Row".

Duke Silver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Kessley Snipes*

here we go again

Kessley Snipes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:18 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*

I don't know whats the reason, but those four are the only rows that were empty. Kind of weird. The rest of lower bowl is actually occupied.

The image posed above, but embedded:

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:29 AM
keonsbitterness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessley Snipes View Post
here we go again
Take it easy, this thread is not as bad as the other one.

keonsbitterness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Hey I'm with you haha.

I've even had the luxury of being in those a couple times... always made it back for the start of the period. And definitely was in the minority.
Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no signal that the period is starting and you can't come back in till the whistle blows hence the slow returners.

02-12-2013, 12:52 AM
Caveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no signal that the period is starting and you can't come back in till the whistle blows hence the slow returners.
I'm pretty positive that the gardens use to set a clock time on the scoreboard at the start of intermission and it would do a count down and once at 0 .. you'd hear the horn that the period was soon to start..

I've been to a bunch of games at the ACC but i don't know if they still do.. never thought about it..

Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:24 AM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
I'm pretty positive that the gardens use to set a clock time on the scoreboard at the start of intermission and it would do a count down and once at 0 .. you'd hear the horn that the period was soon to start..

I've been to a bunch of games at the ACC but i don't know if they still do.. never thought about it..
I'm pretty sure Caveman is right.

There's a counter on the tv's/in the rooms that let you know how long is left to go in the intermission.

Also the horn goes once the clock hits zero... so even if you aren't paying attention you can't miss that noise.

I guess if you don't come in til the clock hits 0's then you would miss up until the first stoppage, but really there no good excuse for being absent for the first 5 mins of each period.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Defense

I think something should be done about this. Its a disgrace to the game imo. I just think the corporate lounges should only be open before and after games, and shut down during game time. There are bars and restaurants everywhere in Toronto with the game on screen but an NHL game where you can see the game right near ice level? Should be there for every minute of it. As someone who has been to an NHL game at the ice level, it is a treat to watch the speed the game is played at.

Defense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:34 AM
Billy Batts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense View Post
I think something should be done about this. Its a disgrace to the game imo. I just think the corporate lounges should only be open before and after games, and shut down during game time. There are bars and restaurants everywhere in Toronto with the game on screen but an NHL game where you can see the game right near ice level? Should be there for every minute of it. As someone who has been to an NHL game at the ice level, it is a treat to watch the speed the game is played at.
I'm willing to go out on a limb and bet "The Platinum Club" is a goldmine to MLSE, nothing will be done.

Billy Batts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Deebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense View Post
It's not a treat for the STH, they go to tonnes of games.

Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Roboholic

As someone who has been in platinum lounge multiple times and eaten at the restaurant, the only reason the seats are empty is the log jam of people trying to get back to their seats. They don't allow you to go to your seats when the action is happening obviously.

The other issue is that nobody is there on their own dime, its paid for by your company or a client so obviously you going to take advantage of the food and drink. Anyone in same situation would do the same thing.

Roboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:03 AM
ACC1224
Hate the Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshaw View Post
There are boxes correct. The same person that serves you in the box also serves you at your seat so you don't need to stay in the box to enjoy the perk.

The reason IMO is there is no indication that the game is about to resume and once it does, you can't go to your seat until a whistle.

This is the same through the entire building. Lots of empty seats in the 300's as well, it's just those Platinum seats are more prevalent on tv.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:07 AM
shibbiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
People will tell you: Ahh it's those damn suits don't care enough to hurry back to their seats.

But I don't buy that, your telling me every game those large chunks of people almost no one shows up? What is the real answer? I don't get it either.
Yes a lot of the time that is the case. Large corporations buy lots of tickets and usually hand them out to employees/clients etc. and often they do not even go.

shibbiness is offline   Reply With Quote