HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Patrick Bordeleau to Pittsburgh

Old
02-11-2013, 02:53 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

vCash: 500
Patrick Bordeleau to Pittsburgh

Hello, I'm wondering if Patrick Bordeleau from the Colorado Avalanche is available? Since the Eastern conference has gotten tougher this year, I think Pittsburgh would need a hybrid-enforcer/grinder like Patrick Bordeleau. He's huge with his 6'6" 230 LBS body frame, he's a good skater for a player his size, he brings a good physical presence and he's a solid heavyweight fighter.

How has he played this year in Colorado and what would the asking price be in return for him, if he's available?

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:56 PM
avsfan09

He's played his great in his role with the Avs so far. I don't think he is really tradeable.

avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:57 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

I'm sure he's available but I personally don't want to give him up. He has looked really good this year IMO and has even gotten some offensive chances. He can make a huge hit to pump everyone up and he is fun to watch. He also dominates when he fights.

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:58 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Habs would also be interested, most likely.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:59 PM
avsfan09

He's not untouchable but I see no reason to trade him for what he's worth. If the Avs trade him you would have to over-pay and it wouldn't make sense for either team.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:59 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
He's played his great in his role with the Avs so far. I don't think he is really tradeable.

I heavily disagree.
Don't get me wrong. Bordeleau is great but the Avs are not really in a position to declare their 4th line grinder untradeable.

It would cost you though (Overpayment required).
I would want Despres (is he still looking like crap?) or one of your other top dman prospects. We would obviously add one of our prospects or picks to balance the deal.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Bordy is all things considered probably the best enforcer currently playing in the NHL, as an Avs fan I don't want to see him leave Denver, but as a Habs fan I'd love to see him in Montreal.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:01 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post

I heavily disagree.
Don't get me wrong. Bordeleau is great but the Avs are not really in a position to declare their 4th line grinder untradeable.

I would want Despres (is he still looking like crap?) or one of your other top dman prospects. We would obviously add one of our prospects or picks to balance the deal.
Would love to have a D-man like Despres but we would never get him for Bordeleau.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:03 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:

I heavily disagree.

LOL ... reality check buddy. A fourth line enforcer who bounced around the ECHL and AHL ain't netting you a young D prospect from Pittsburgh let alone Despres. No, he hasn't looked like crap at all this year. You haven't watched too many games, its obvious. To me, he doesn't even net you Tangradi.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:06 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
LOL ... reality check buddy. A fourth line enforcer who bounced around the ECHL and AHL ain't netting you a young D prospect from Pittsburgh let alone Despres. No, he hasn't looked like crap at all this year. You haven't watched too many games, its obvious. To me, he doesn't even net you Tangradi.
I did not say straight up.
I like Despres and good that he bounced back.
I obviously would add a top prospect from our side and maybe something.
Avs could use and NHL ready puckmoving prospect because Elliott and Barrie are probably need another year or 2 in the AHL.
One of them could be included for example...

Old
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:

I heavily disagree.

What about a defenseman like Alex Grant? He's an OFD who has nice slap-shot from the blue-line. He has size listed at 6'3", he's not the greatest in his own end, but he's also willing to drop the gloves.

Alex Grant and a 2013 5th round draft pick for Patrick Bordeleau?

Old
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
i would trade Tangradi for Bordeleau. i don't think the Avs would do that but i'd add a pick to balance it out or something. since it's 4th liner for 4th liner, the pick wouldn't be too major, though.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:08 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
i don't think there's anything the Avs could realistically add to land Despres at this point, unless they overpay significantly. Despres has arrived and he belongs in the NHL at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
What about a defenseman like Alex Grant? He's an OFD who has nice slap-shot from the blue-line. He has size listed at 6'3", he's not the greatest in his own end, but he's also willing to drop the gloves.

Alex Grant + and 2013 5th round draft pick for Patrick Bordeleau?
i'd do that OR Alex Grand and the 2014 5th rounder they got from Anaheim for Patrick Bordeleau.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 0
I think with the way the pendulum is swinging in regards to physicality and fighting, a guy like Bordeleau is valuable.

He's started every game for Avs, have taken a few but not that many penalties and is a good hitter. You can play him 7 minutes a night without cringing.

I can't see Avs trading him for a marginal prospect or a low pick, with how they are using him at the moment.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
i don't think there's anything the Avs could realistically add to land Despres at this point, unless they overpay significantly. Despres has arrived and he belongs in the NHL at this point.

i'd do that OR Alex Grand and the 2014 5th rounder they got from Anaheim for Patrick Bordeleau.

Ok fine. I just thought that Pens fans were really unhappy with him after their first few games. But maybe I remembered it wrong. If he looks good there is obviously noway that you would trade him especially for a package around Bordeleau. My mistake.

Anyways good for him and you. Really like the kid.
I don't know a thing about Alex Grand and there are probably 3 or 4 other Pens d prospect everyone would take over him. We have an abundance of depth d prospects as well.
What we need would be an NHL ready prospect who can reasonably step into a top 4 role down the line. Barrie and Elliott should be able to be just that but they are a year or 2 (and a new Avs coach) away from doing that. I would have swapped them out for a prospect of the same caliber (preferably left handed) and would add Bordeleau and something for it.

Not really interested in middling prospects. But maybe I am misjudging Grand. I really don't know much about him.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:18 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Avs could use and NHL ready puckmoving prospect because Elliott and Barrie are probably need another year or 2 in the AHL.
One of them could be included for example...
Do you know anything about the Penguins and its farm system? It's loaded with young D prospects, so Elliott, Siemens, Barrie and Gaunce aren't needed. That takes away from your top prospects. You don't have the goods for Despres. He isn't worth some D prospect from Colorado and a fourth line goon that spent more time in the ECHL than anything.

Despres has looked good the entire time he has been up. Good that he bounced back? What did he bounce back from exactly?

Old
02-11-2013, 03:23 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Do you know anything about the Penguins and its farm system? It's loaded with young D prospects, so Elliott, Siemens, Barrie and Gaunce aren't needed. That takes away from your top prospects. You don't have the goods for Despres. He isn't worth some D prospect from Colorado and a fourth line goon that spent more time in the ECHL than anything.

Despres has looked good the entire time he has been up. Good that he bounced back? What did he bounce back from exactly?
Well I know that you are loaded on D. But we don't exactly have a top F prospect to trade unless you want damaged goods like Joey Hishon.
I remember Pens fans *****ing about Despres after the first few games. Maybe that was not representative of your fanbase or anything but no need to tear me a new one.

The deal would have been NHL ready underperforming young d for equally or slightly less talented D prospect who is a year or 2 away + Bordeleau + a mid pick+.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:30 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Well I know that you are loaded on D. But we don't exactly have a top F prospect to trade unless you want damaged goods like Joey Hishon.
I remember Pens fans *****ing about Despres after the first few games. Maybe that was not representative of your fanbase or anything but no need to tear me a new one.

The deal would have been NHL ready underperforming young d for equally or slightly less talented D prospect who is a year or 2 away + Bordeleau + a mid pick+.
He was never underperforming. Have you seen him play at all? Bordeleau carries about the same value as a mid round pick - little. I wasn't tearing you a new one. I get tired of the I will send a fourth line goon that really has little value along with a no valued draft pick and along with a prospect that Pittsburgh really doesn't need (again, we are loaded at D prospects) for a young 21 year old D with an extremely high upside.

How would you feel if I asked you to send Landeskog for Tyler Kennedy and a third round pick? That is basically what you are doing with your idea.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:31 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Ok fine. I just thought that Pens fans were really unhappy with him after their first few games. But maybe I remembered it wrong. If he looks good there is obviously noway that you would trade him especially for a package around Bordeleau. My mistake.
The fans are really high on him right now, maybe overly so even. He is doing really well and was actually exceeding (especially offensively) expectations when Niskanenīs injury forced Bylsma to put him with Letang.

I see how you could get the idea though as he started out doing fine on the bottom pairing with only ~10 minutes of ice time and was then healthy scratched after only two games. The fans were high on him then too though. May have been scratched because a deal was considered. IDK, he hasnīt really underwhelmed in any way though.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Crisp Breakout

He's not available for what you're looking to pay. It'd take Kennedy or one of your D prospects to provide the incentive to me. Not worth it for you.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Freaky Styley

What would be offered? I would trade him for anything of value.

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:38 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
He was never underperforming. Have you seen him play at all? Bordeleau carries about the same value as a mid round pick - little. I wasn't tearing you a new one. I get tired of the I will send a fourth line goon that really has little value along with a no valued draft pick and along with a prospect that Pittsburgh really doesn't need (again, we are loaded at D prospects) for a young 21 year old D with an extremely high upside.

How would you feel if I asked you to send Landeskog for Tyler Kennedy and a third round pick? That is basically what you are doing with your idea.
I agree with you that Simon Despres for Patrick Bordeleau and a mid-round draft pick is a terrible trade. However, Patrick Bordeleau is not a "goon", he's a hybrid enforcer who can actually play hockey. He has the ability to be a bigger version of Chris Neil.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:38 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
He's not available for what you're looking to pay. It'd take Kennedy or one of your D prospects to provide the incentive to me. Not worth it for you.
He is a fourth line guy that does nothing else but fight. How is he worth Kennedy and one of our D prospects? You are right, he certainly isn't worth it.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
He is a fourth line guy that does nothing else but fight. How is he worth Kennedy and one of our D prospects? You are right, he certainly isn't worth it.
Or. How is he worth that? Because I want a fourth line fighter that can respectably play hockey. Where the hell else am I supposed to find that? If I give it, I want something I can use, not some 20% chance of finding a bottom pairing defenseman three to five years from now.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:41 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
I agree with you that Simon Despres for Patrick Bordeleau and a mid-round draft pick is a terrible trade. However, Patrick Bordeleau is not a "goon", he's a hybrid enforcer who can actually play hockey. He has the ability to be a bigger version of Chris Neil.
Please don't put this guy in Neil's category. Neil has ability to pump in 12-14 goals per and fight. This guy doesn't have that ability. Hell, he couldn't score in the ECHL or AHL. He was traded three or four times in a year in the AHL, so ...

This guy at best if worth what we got for Ben Lovejoy and that might be overpayment.