HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Kiddington
heehats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Did he really just roll that line on us again?

This guy is something else. I'm not even a Holland hater, but man... you've got to be kidding me.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:25 PM
InjuredChoker

Preds fans mentioning that Jonathon Blum could be available as they have little of logjam there.

Right handed, 6'01, solid puck mover.

Quote:
Assets: Has plenty of offensive upside and hockey sense. Moves the puck very quickly. Can quarterback the power play and is also an adept defender. Can log big minutes.

Flaws: Isn't physical at all, but will need to continue adding significant bulk in order to better handle big forwards in front of the net and in the corners. Needs more consistency.

Career Potential: Talented defenseman with upside.
From THN.

Don't like the lack of physicality an that's what he has seemed like in few Preds games.

Thoughts? We could be dealing with NSH if realignment plan is locked up.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Blum would fine, at least as a Red Wing he wouldn't be burned twice by Datsyuk (like he did in that 3-4 OT loss).

Old
03-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
hahaha it shouldnt surprise anyone anymore

"can someone place a call in to Lebda, I have got a golf game I have to get too.. FOUR" kh 2013

Last edited by Zetterberg4Captain: 03-05-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old
03-05-2013, 03:09 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

The problem with Kenny is that he thinks the players we are getting back are going to make a difference. We aren't getting back Steve Yzerman or Sergei Fedorov. We are replacing legitimately bad players (Cleary/Gator) with Mikael Samuelsson who is legitimately old and washed up who hasn't played more than ten games in almost a year.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
"If we can get all our guys back, that’s almost like a deadline addition or two," said Holland.

"We like our team" is next.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:16 PM
TatarTangle

That quote is vintage Ken Holland

Vintage, senile Ken Holland

Old
03-05-2013, 03:23 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
@TSNBobMcKenzie

Explains his struggles this year.

And there goes that rumor. I'm glad we didn't trade for him and then get that thrown at us.
Fairly certain if they withheld this info from us and it came up on his physical the trade could have been voided.

Maybe this will hurt his UFA value and we can try and pick him up cheaper than hed normally be

Old
03-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Syckle78

Quote:
Swear to god he has to be saying this **** just to troll at this point.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricelund View Post
"If we can get all our guys back, thatís almost like a deadline addition or two," said Holland.

I have to laugh b/c my son is in the room so multiple f-bombs aren't kosher right now. But then again, I'm not surprised at all- it's just Kenny being Kenny. That quote is ingrained in his DNA just as much as a quick turnover in offensive zone is who Abby is as a player.

My biggest fear for this team isn't missing the playoffs, b/c I think that's going to happen (and I doubt this team's ability to win even if they snuck in as a low seed anyway). I'm worried that KH is going to chalk up this season as the result of a crazy shortened season coupled with a lot of injuries, and make no real changes to the lineup for next year. Basically bring the whole gang back, give Cleary the almost inevitable 2 year deal, not make a major offseason trade or other acquisition, and just ride into next year with the same team, just a year older. The downward trend would just accelerate if that happens.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:19 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricelund View Post

No, next up is "we feel we would have been one of the top teams in the league this year if it weren't for all the injuries."

Old
03-05-2013, 07:28 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
No, next up is "we feel we would have been one of the top teams in the league this year if it weren't for all the injuries."
In past years, that was a legitimate excuse. Not this year.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:46 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
In past years, that was a legitimate excuse. Not this year.
It hasn't been a legitimate excuse since about 2001, really.

Yzerman, Fedorov, and Shanahan are all injured? Ok, yeah, that's legit.

Samuelsson and Colaiacovo are injured? Um, no.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:02 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
It hasn't been a legitimate excuse since about 2001, really.

Yzerman, Fedorov, and Shanahan are all injured? Ok, yeah, that's legit.

Samuelsson and Colaiacovo are injured? Um, no.
I said not this year. Last year was certainly legit. The Year before? Legit. 2010? Certainly legit.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:06 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTaterSalad View Post
The Kings gave up Johnson to get Jeff Carter and you think a couple of prospects and a first is too much?
Yep JJ isn't worth it. Don't like his game at all. I think Brendan Smith could be better by the end of this year/next year in just about every aspect.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:34 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
I have to laugh b/c my son is in the room so multiple f-bombs aren't kosher right now. But then again, I'm not surprised at all- it's just Kenny being Kenny. That quote is ingrained in his DNA just as much as a quick turnover in offensive zone is who Abby is as a player.

My biggest fear for this team isn't missing the playoffs, b/c I think that's going to happen (and I doubt this team's ability to win even if they snuck in as a low seed anyway). I'm worried that KH is going to chalk up this season as the result of a crazy shortened season coupled with a lot of injuries, and make no real changes to the lineup for next year. Basically bring the whole gang back, give Cleary the almost inevitable 2 year deal, not make a major offseason trade or other acquisition, and just ride into next year with the same team, just a year older. The downward trend would just accelerate if that happens.
This. If we do not make the playoffs this season - or if we are not even competitive in the 1st round if we make it - then Kenny needs to acknowledge that this group needs a big change...fresh blood and more aggressive action to remove the plugs from the lineup.

I hope to god that Kenny does not pin any shortcomings this season on the lockout or injuries.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Edge of Sanity*

I'd love for one of Yandle/Bouwmeester and then a guy like Gaborik/Iginla/Stafford.

Won't happen though.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:33 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

When it comes to Gaborik there aren't a lot of players or prospects who are untouchable apart from D, Z, Kronwall and Howard maybe. They would want a high end prospect and I'd do it just to see this night in night out:

Old
03-05-2013, 10:02 PM
skinneh
#FireHolland

vCash: 505
Gaborik would be a dream come true.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Acquiring Gaborik to play with Datsyuk for the next 1.5 years would be so amazing.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Syckle78

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
I said not this year. Last year was certainly legit. The Year before? Legit. 2010? Certainly legit.
It wasn't a legit excuse last year. Anyone who thought the team last year was strong enough when healthy had their head in the sand. Last year's team was only marginally better than this year's.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:33 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Gaborik for Nyquist+White+Filppula+Andersson? They don't want picks, so it would have to be close to NHL ready prospects, add in a top 6 forward like Filppula & a dman that would slot into their top 4/6. I don't think it's enough but it's a start.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Not a big fan of selling the farm for a guy an injury-prone guy, though Gaborik is a great, great player. If Jonathan Blum is actually in play, I would be a huge fan of making a move for him.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:38 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Gaborik for Nyquist+White+Filppula+Andersson? They don't want picks, so it would have to be close to NHL ready prospects, add in a top 6 forward like Filppula & a dman that would slot into their top 4/6. I don't think it's enough but it's a start.
Subtract quantity add Quality. No way NYR want to work around making room for all those contracts. Do they have a place for Ian White? As much as that looks like from our perspective, two impending UFAs and two prospects with questionable potential (I know Nyquist will be good, but they probably will wonder why he hasn't stayed up with the big club yet), really is risky from their end.

Would love to explore Blum if it really is an option. I've wanted Holland in on the past few high potential young guys (Turris, Lokotinov), so lets hope third time is a charm.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Let's not try to waste too much time trying to figure out what even value for Gaborik would be. We have a better chance of getting a 1st back for Quincey than trading for Gaborik.

Closed Thread