HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
skinneh
#FireHolland

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Of course not.

What I'd like for him to do is to stop being a hypocrite.

If Nyquist is better than any player you could acquire via trade, get him on your NHL roster. Period.
Get rid of Abby and bring up Nyquist. How hard is that? *edit* that isnt directed at you frk

Last edited by skinneh: 03-07-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old
03-07-2013, 01:54 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinneh View Post
Get rid of Abby and bring up Nyquist. How hard is that?
You know that overly attached GF meme?

Kenny is overly attached GM.

Score two goals in the 09 Cup Finals that we lost?

YOU ARE A RED WING FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinneh View Post
Get rid of Abby and bring up Nyquist. How hard is that?
Put Cleary on waivers and put Gator back on the 4th line then bring up Nyquist.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:09 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Put Cleary on waivers and put Gator back on the 4th line then bring up Nyquist.
This. Abby is the worst forward in our lineup right now and it isn't just because he isn't scoring. He does absolutely nothing well, except for finishing his checks - of which he never seems to create a turnover off of while on the forecheck.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:19 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Comparing Abdelkader to guys like Tootoo and Chris Neil is like comparing the boyband O-town to Nsync and the Backstreet boys

Old
03-07-2013, 03:12 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
This. Abby is the worst forward in our lineup right now and it isn't just because he isn't scoring. He does absolutely nothing well, except for finishing his checks - of which he never seems to create a turnover off of while on the forecheck.
Never probably isn't the right term, especially since our last goal was off an Abdelkader forced turnover. He checked the guy along the boards, got the puck to Datsyuk, who went back to the point, D to D Kronwall shot of the backboards and Giggy kicked it in his own net. The play started with Abdelkader forcing the turnover though and quickly getting the puck to Datsyuk.

Abdelkader would be much better in the bottom six though, that is unquestionable. But he is defensively responsible for the most part and finishes his checks to get the puck. His scoring touch however has completely abandoned him. We are talking about a guy who was pretty good in college and the AHL at producing. Even on his first callups and action he hinted at more offense, I have no idea what has gone wrong, but the ideas of him sliding up the lineup have died this year probably for good.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Never probably isn't the right term, especially since our last goal was off an Abdelkader forced turnover. He checked the guy along the boards, got the puck to Datsyuk, who went back to the point, D to D Kronwall shot of the backboards and Giggy kicked it in his own net. The play started with Abdelkader forcing the turnover though and quickly getting the puck to Datsyuk.

Abdelkader would be much better in the bottom six though, that is unquestionable. But he is defensively responsible for the most part and finishes his checks to get the puck. His scoring touch however has completely abandoned him. We are talking about a guy who was pretty good in college and the AHL at producing. Even on his first callups and action he hinted at more offense, I have no idea what has gone wrong, but the ideas of him sliding up the lineup have died this year probably for good.
Yeah if I had to choose between Cleary and Abby on Pavs' line I'd probably go with Abdelkader. Cleary just falls over way too easily. Abdelkader can play good defense and go dig pucks out of the corners. That's not to say I want Abdelkader there, I just think he brings more to the table than Cleary at this point.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
16. D ian white, red wings
contract: $2.9 million

white has gone from nicklas lidstrom's partner on defense to a healthy scratch in one year, which is quite a difference. When the red wings are healthy, and that hasn't been the case too often this season, they have plenty of bodies on defense. Gm ken holland may prefer to upgrade his top four rather than deal one of his veterans, but if he can spin white into an asset that helps him trade for more playoff help, it would be a smart move. He's not big or particularly gritty but white has offensive skills that teams teams can use on defense. He's also a right-handed shot, which helps the cause. "he's a puck-mover who can play on your power play," said one nhl source.

Reasonable return: Second-round pick.
do it now.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:08 PM
RedWinger10

I just read an article on CBS Detroit's sport page about an interview they had with Holland. It seems like the splash that the wings will have at the deadline all depends on how well the team does over the next few weeks.

"Holland made it quite clear that the Wings would have to put together a run and really separate themselves from the competition in order to be true buyers at the deadline. Plus there would have to enough teams that fall completely out as well so the Wings could have a partner to trade with. I’m not sure either will happen."

Old
03-07-2013, 04:50 PM
sepster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
Comparing Abdelkader to guys like Tootoo and Chris Neil is like comparing the boyband O-town to Nsync and the Backstreet boys
I have no idea what this reference is supposed to refer to but I have a feeling that is something I should be proud of.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
You know, there just aren't enough boy band references on HF these days.

EZ, are you the one that keeps petitioning the Joe to stop playing all of the Metallica and Pantera during games, and just go with "Hangin' Tough" on a loop?

Old
03-07-2013, 05:01 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
do it now.
If we can get a 2nd round pick out of a healthy scratch and UFA to be, yes please.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Syckle78

Quote:
I don't even.... Wow. Is Cleary the menudo of boy bands?

Old
03-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post

EZ, are you the one that keeps petitioning the Joe to stop playing all of the Metallica and Pantera during games, and just go with "Hangin' Tough" on a loop?
I don't know what he's trying to say, but it's probably my favorite post ever.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:50 PM
JRB86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post

HECK YEAH, more New Kids on the block is just what the joe needs

Old
03-10-2013, 03:26 PM
djdan6215

need help forward

we are now at the middle of the season the deadline is coming and the playoff...

in my opinion we need a forward for play with datsyuk ...

we have six solid forward (zetterberg,datsyuk,franzen,brunner,tatar,filppula )
bertuzzi and helm are injury
andersson,eaves,miller,tootoo ,emmerton palying good but there are all fourth or third line players

cleary is very slow
abdelkader 1 g 1 a in 21 games

maybe its time for trade for a good forward a couple of guys are available:
jerome iginla : good options but what is the price
brandon dubinsky
corey perry :but the price is very high
mike ribeiro
derrick brassard
brendan morrow
derek roy
stephen weiss

Old
03-10-2013, 03:35 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

I'd rather miss the playoffs than trade a 1st + a prospect for a guy like Iginla at this point.

The only names that'd interest me going forward and that are actually somewhat attainable are Ribero, Roy, and Weiss (if not injured) if we can make them part of a stopgap till our new wave of prospects become legit players.

Perry isn't going anywhere even if they think he'll leave as a UFA. Anaheim is 2nd in the conference.

Old
03-10-2013, 03:47 PM
djdan6215

forward

ribeiro its my first choice ...great playmaker

Old
03-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Frk It
#snipequist

“We got a guy who's leading the AHL in scoring (Gustav Nyquist). I don't know that we can get better players than that up front at the trade deadline.'' - Ken Holland

/thread

Old
03-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Jurky
Free the HolySlapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
“We got a guy who's leading the AHL in scoring (Gustav Nyquist). I don't know that we can get better players than that up front at the trade deadline.'' - Ken Holland

/thread
Does that mean he'll send out useless guys for picks in order to make room for this "deadline acquisition"? If so I'd be ecstatic.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:02 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdan6215 View Post
Ribeiro wouldn't be my first choice to play with Datsyuk. Both should be centering their own line and are pass first guys. I would prefer to call up Gus then give away assets that we will need in the next few years.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:20 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

first rounder for Robert Lang plz

Old
03-11-2013, 02:39 AM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdan6215 View Post
Hell naw.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:35 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Here's one from left field, and a guy who's always intrigued me.

Kyle Okposo.

He's mentally fried in the Island IMO. Highly touted, shown glimpses of big potential but has been a major disappointment. His ice time has been dropping, and he's just not contributing like he should be.

He's a big body, can be a power forward, can score. His contract runs through to 2015/16 but only at $2.8mil per. I feel like a change of scenery could be exactly what he needs. Imagine him alongside Dats...

Old
03-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Claypool
Montreal is garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Here's one from left field, and a guy who's always intrigued me.

Kyle Okposo.

He's mentally fried in the Island IMO. Highly touted, shown glimpses of big potential but has been a major disappointment. His ice time has been dropping, and he's just not contributing like he should be.

He's a big body, can be a power forward, can score. His contract runs through to 2015/16 but only at $2.8mil per. I feel like a change of scenery could be exactly what he needs. Imagine him alongside Dats...
Willing to give up Smith and likely Nyquist to get him?

Closed Thread