HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2013, 06:15 PM
  #726
kuick
Tatar Sauce
 
kuick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Grand Rapids
Country: United States
Posts: 2,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
I wouldn't worry about Iginla too much as his name is thrown around e.v.e.r.y year
Lot of differences this year, mainly being UFA, but the ship has surely sailed in Calgary. I think their management has finally caught on. Iggy submitting a list means one side has given serious consideration to a trade this deadline. Plus McKenzie is reporting that the trade process has begun. All differences from previous seasons. Pretty likely he gets moved for the best offer unless Calgary has absurd expectations for a return.

Would love to add him, I think he would be great playing with Datsyuk (who wouldn't? oh right that one dude). Iggy can pull the piano for sure.

D seems like the more glaring need, but like someone posted on another thread, we're only 11th in GA this season. 16th in GF, something we could definitely improve on.

Adding a real top 2/4 defenseman would take pressure off Z/D in their own zone and let them start scoring again. Adding Iggy would obviously be a huge boost offensively. Win/win, just make a move Holland.. standing pat would be a brutal move this deadline. Either sell some excess pieces and add assets or trade for an impact roster player. Standing pat keeps us on the bubble, meaning another first round exit or just barely missing.

kuick is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:17 PM
  #727
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by braille View Post
not at all
He is playing on Thornton's line right now. He is pretty miserable defensively, look up his turnover stats or rather just watch him play. The guy is a dog in his own end, makes Kronwall look pretty good. Just cause he is big and skates well, get ready after the first couple nights of that wear off and you watch stupid turnover after stupid turnover that size thing will go away. He also doesn't use his size all that often, if people get on Franzen about that good God Burns would be in trouble.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:22 PM
  #728
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 515
Just for giggles, Detroit trades for Iginla, something like Nyquist, depth player and first. Lots of us are unhappy about price but oh well.

Babcock puts him with Zetterberg..... Well he does play the most like Crosby and everyone has chemistry with Zetterberg. I think this board would explode.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:25 PM
  #729
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Just for giggles, Detroit trades for Iginla, something like Nyquist, depth player and first. Lots of us are unhappy about price but oh well.

Babcock puts him with Zetterberg..... Well he does play the most like Crosby and everyone has chemistry with Zetterberg. I think this board would explode.


Franzen-Z-Iginla
Abdelkader-Dats-Sammy
Cleary-Helm-Brunner

Flip traded.



I would like to see that just for **** and giggles.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:27 PM
  #730
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh
 
Brick Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Also Wings scouts are going to be in attendance for the Bruins vs Jets games.

While scouts do take in more games than most people realize, this year there is the fact most pro scouts will not advance scout the east, so this does somewhat stick out.

Interesting that the Iginla decision is made a day before the GM meetings, which I think is significant..

The Bruins with Kelly out and Krejci hurting could be an interesting target, although it is more likely Jets D-man that we are looking at.

Maybe flip Filppula for Horton.... Don't know if they would be interested in that UFA swap.
Hey, that was my idea!!

I'd love that deal, and would much prefer Horton moving forward on the Wings (if Kenny got the vibe that Horton would re-up with the Wings after a deal). I pitched that on the B's board, opinion was split from their end on whether they would want that trade. I'd throw in a low/mid level prospect or a pick in addition to Flip if that's what it would take to seal the deal.

I'd also much rather take on Horton than Iginla- just don't think this team is close enough to trade away some top assets for a guy who'd only be around for a year or two (if at all) after this season. Teams closer to the cup like the Pens would shell out more for Inginla than I believe we'd have to in order to land Horton.

Brick Top is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:30 PM
  #731
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuick View Post
Lot of differences this year, mainly being UFA, but the ship has surely sailed in Calgary. I think their management has finally caught on. Iggy submitting a list means one side has given serious consideration to a trade this deadline. Plus McKenzie is reporting that the trade process has begun. All differences from previous seasons. Pretty likely he gets moved for the best offer unless Calgary has absurd expectations for a return.

Would love to add him, I think he would be great playing with Datsyuk (who wouldn't? oh right that one dude). Iggy can pull the piano for sure.

D seems like the more glaring need, but like someone posted on another thread, we're only 11th in GA this season. 16th in GF, something we could definitely improve on.

Adding a real top 2/4 defenseman would take pressure off Z/D in their own zone and let them start scoring again. Adding Iggy would obviously be a huge boost offensively. Win/win, just make a move Holland.. standing pat would be a brutal move this deadline. Either sell some excess pieces and add assets or trade for an impact roster player. Standing pat keeps us on the bubble, meaning another first round exit or just barely missing.
Absolutely, was more or less talking about the Red Wings trading for him. If they do deal him I'd hope that Feaster isn't as unrealistic as Calgary fans.

TatarTangle is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:31 PM
  #732
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post


Franzen-Z-Iginla
Abdelkader-Dats-Sammy
Cleary-Helm-Brunner

Flip traded.



I would like to see that just for **** and giggles.
Datsyuk would probably still outproduce Zetterberg.

Why would we trade Nyquist and a first for an old powerforward on a 20 goal pace?

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:37 PM
  #733
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Datsyuk would probably still outproduce Zetterberg.

Why would we trade Nyquist and a first for an old powerforward on a 20 goal pace?
I hope they don't. Though I think Holland will give it serious thought if it is Nyquist and 1st, need to move a depth guy for the roster space.

Most I would go is Filppula and Andersson, the Flames can sign Filppula and reunite him with Hudler.

Realistically the Flames won't take that trade, I do think if Iginla comes he will sign an extension for two or three years. Hopefully much lower than his current cap hit.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:38 PM
  #734
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
Absolutely, was more or less talking about the Red Wings trading for him. If they do deal him I'd hope that Feaster isn't as unrealistic as Calgary fans.
This is going to end ugly for Calgary fans.

And I feel for them
Because management and fans SHOULD demand heaven and earth for their franchise player. Or why do it?

But no team can afford to trade heaven and earth for Iginla, who is far, far past his prime.

So the team won't move him, because there are only 3 to 5 teams Iggy will go to, and that cuts the Flames' ability to get a decent package even more

So then the offseason will come and the Flames will do one of two things -- overpay a forward who is nearing the end OR let him walk

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:42 PM
  #735
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,309
vCash: 500
There's no way Detroit outbids Pittsburgh for Iginla, so there's no reason worrying about it.

detredWINgs is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:44 PM
  #736
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
There's no way Detroit outbids Pittsburgh for Iginla, so there's no reason worrying about it.
Pretty much.

Damn Quincey getting hurt. Would've loved to trade White and Cleary for a 2nd or 3rd round picks.

Still down to deal Flip. He'd bring back a 1st and a real good prospect.

Vladdy84 is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:48 PM
  #737
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Realistically the Flames won't take that trade, I do think if Iginla comes he will sign an extension for two or three years. Hopefully much lower than his current cap hit.
It would have to be for $5M a year or less

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:56 PM
  #738
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh
 
Brick Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
This is going to end ugly for Calgary fans.

And I feel for them
Because management and fans SHOULD demand heaven and earth for their franchise player. Or why do it?

But no team can afford to trade heaven and earth for Iginla, who is far, far past his prime.

So the team won't move him, because there are only 3 to 5 teams Iggy will go to, and that cuts the Flames' ability to get a decent package even more

So then the offseason will come and the Flames will do one of two things -- overpay a forward who is nearing the end OR let him walk
Given where the Flames franchise is and has been lately, they have to listen to any reasonable offer. They aren't getting a Herschel Walker trade for Iginla, but someone offers them a few pieces and/or picks that can help them move forward, they have to do it.

The Flames should do what's best for the future of the franchise. Don't see how holding on to a past-his-prime former superstar into UFA and then overpaying to keep him is really an option for them. He's not worth a "moving heaven and earth" offer, and they shouldn't be expecting one.

They traded away a franchise player to acquire Iginla, so it's not unheard of (granted, Iginla isn't holding out like Nieuwendyk was, but it was still a choice to trade away a premier player).

Brick Top is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:18 PM
  #739
RedWinger10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
There's no way Detroit outbids Pittsburgh for Iginla, so there's no reason worrying about it.
Idk if I would like to lean on the option of getting a player with only a few years left in his career anyway it may buy us some time but does not avoid th inevitable. I think Marian Gaborik is a FAR better option!!!

RedWinger10 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:19 PM
  #740
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
There's no way Detroit outbids Pittsburgh for Iginla, so there's no reason worrying about it.
Hey, maybe Hudler can talk Feaster into picking up Filppula for Giordano...

... it worked for Joey Mac, right?

RedMenace is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:25 PM
  #741
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWinger10 View Post
Idk if I would like to lean on the option of getting a player with only a few years left in his career anyway it may buy us some time but does not avoid th inevitable. I think Marian Gaborik is a FAR better option!!!
He might be but New York wants a top 4 D-man (really Right handed) and bottom six help plus probably a pick, but certainly the first two. Gaborik has a year left and he will be more expensive than Iginla. Plus New York isn't looking for futures given the team they have.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:27 PM
  #742
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
He might be but New York wants a top 4 D-man (really Right handed) and bottom six help plus probably a pick, but certainly the first two. Gaborik has a year left and he will be more expensive than Iginla. Plus New York isn't looking for futures given the team they have.
White, Abdelkader/Eaves, 2014 3rd.

RedMenace is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:30 PM
  #743
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I hope they don't. Though I think Holland will give it serious thought if it is Nyquist and 1st, need to move a depth guy for the roster space.

Most I would go is Filppula and Andersson, the Flames can sign Filppula and reunite him with Hudler.

Realistically the Flames won't take that trade, I do think if Iginla comes he will sign an extension for two or three years. Hopefully much lower than his current cap hit.
I wouldn't trade Filppula straight up for Iginla. Sure Iggy is a "power forward" (if you can even call him that anymore), but the guy isn't that good anymore. Flip is better and younger - even if he prices himself out of Detroit.

Flip could pot 70 points in a full season next year, I believe he's that good. He's just as important to Z's line as Z. If he keeps up this play he's going to get played a lot this off season.

The Nose is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:33 PM
  #744
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,967
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
I wouldn't trade Filppula straight up for Iginla. Sure Iggy is a "power forward" (if you can even call him that anymore), but the guy isn't that good anymore. Flip is better and younger - even if he prices himself out of Detroit.

Flip could pot 70 points in a full season next year, I believe he's that good. He's just as important to Z's line as Z. If he keeps up this play he's going to get played a lot this off season.
If Filppula wants 5+ a year or something I would rather take Iginla for 2 years than sign Filppula for 4 years.

Heaton is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:35 PM
  #745
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
White, Abdelkader/Eaves, 2014 3rd.
That's a joke right?

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:37 PM
  #746
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
If Filppula wants 5+ a year or something I would rather take Iginla for 2 years than sign Filppula for 4 years.
Why?

Heaton, at some point, you gotta pay people.

If Flip costs $5M, then maybe we have to pay it.

So maybe that's what a player like Flip costs.

As a result, we don't sign bums like Samuelsson and instead allow our youth (under $1M) to play.

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:37 PM
  #747
Syckle78
Registered User
 
Syckle78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Redford, MI
Country: Belgium
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Just for giggles, Detroit trades for Iginla, something like Nyquist, depth player and first. Lots of us are unhappy about price but oh well.

Babcock puts him with Zetterberg..... Well he does play the most like Crosby and everyone has chemistry with Zetterberg. I think this board would explode.
I would be absolutely pissed off at that trade. Wouldn't even matter to me where he played.

Syckle78 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:47 PM
  #748
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
That's a joke right?
Like Bob said, if Flip wants $5M, then maybe we should pay him $5M.

The problem is guys like Sammy being signed for $3M. You have to keep your core together. It's more important than 35+ third-liners.

The Nose is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 08:55 PM
  #749
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,215
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Just for giggles, Detroit trades for Iginla, something like Nyquist, depth player and first. Lots of us are unhappy about price but oh well.

Babcock puts him with Zetterberg..... Well he does play the most like Crosby and everyone has chemistry with Zetterberg. I think this board would explode.
1. You make that deal immediately. Nyquist IMHO, and I'll be in he minority, is nothing special.. Jarnkrok, tats and jurcs are...

2. He ill play with pavs, not hank. He needs a player who opens up space and draws attention, Pavel does that more..

zetterberg40 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 08:56 PM
  #750
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,215
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Like Bob said, if Flip wants $5M, then maybe we should pay him $5M.

The problem is guys like Sammy being signed for $3M. You have to keep your core together. It's more important than 35+ third-liners.
Fil is NOT worth 5m.. Barely 4m

zetterberg40 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.