HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 06:15 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
I wouldn't worry about Iginla too much as his name is thrown around e.v.e.r.y year
Lot of differences this year, mainly being UFA, but the ship has surely sailed in Calgary. I think their management has finally caught on. Iggy submitting a list means one side has given serious consideration to a trade this deadline. Plus McKenzie is reporting that the trade process has begun. All differences from previous seasons. Pretty likely he gets moved for the best offer unless Calgary has absurd expectations for a return.

Would love to add him, I think he would be great playing with Datsyuk (who wouldn't? oh right that one dude). Iggy can pull the piano for sure.

D seems like the more glaring need, but like someone posted on another thread, we're only 11th in GA this season. 16th in GF, something we could definitely improve on.

Adding a real top 2/4 defenseman would take pressure off Z/D in their own zone and let them start scoring again. Adding Iggy would obviously be a huge boost offensively. Win/win, just make a move Holland.. standing pat would be a brutal move this deadline. Either sell some excess pieces and add assets or trade for an impact roster player. Standing pat keeps us on the bubble, meaning another first round exit or just barely missing.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:17 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by braille View Post
not at all
He is playing on Thornton's line right now. He is pretty miserable defensively, look up his turnover stats or rather just watch him play. The guy is a dog in his own end, makes Kronwall look pretty good. Just cause he is big and skates well, get ready after the first couple nights of that wear off and you watch stupid turnover after stupid turnover that size thing will go away. He also doesn't use his size all that often, if people get on Franzen about that good God Burns would be in trouble.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:22 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Just for giggles, Detroit trades for Iginla, something like Nyquist, depth player and first. Lots of us are unhappy about price but oh well.

Babcock puts him with Zetterberg..... Well he does play the most like Crosby and everyone has chemistry with Zetterberg. I think this board would explode.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:25 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Just for giggles, Detroit trades for Iginla, something like Nyquist, depth player and first. Lots of us are unhappy about price but oh well.

Babcock puts him with Zetterberg..... Well he does play the most like Crosby and everyone has chemistry with Zetterberg. I think this board would explode.

Franzen-Z-Iginla
Abdelkader-Dats-Sammy
Cleary-Helm-Brunner

Flip traded.

I would like to see that just for **** and giggles.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Also Wings scouts are going to be in attendance for the Bruins vs Jets games.

While scouts do take in more games than most people realize, this year there is the fact most pro scouts will not advance scout the east, so this does somewhat stick out.

Interesting that the Iginla decision is made a day before the GM meetings, which I think is significant..

The Bruins with Kelly out and Krejci hurting could be an interesting target, although it is more likely Jets D-man that we are looking at.

Maybe flip Filppula for Horton.... Don't know if they would be interested in that UFA swap.
Hey, that was my idea!!

I'd love that deal, and would much prefer Horton moving forward on the Wings (if Kenny got the vibe that Horton would re-up with the Wings after a deal). I pitched that on the B's board, opinion was split from their end on whether they would want that trade. I'd throw in a low/mid level prospect or a pick in addition to Flip if that's what it would take to seal the deal.

I'd also much rather take on Horton than Iginla- just don't think this team is close enough to trade away some top assets for a guy who'd only be around for a year or two (if at all) after this season. Teams closer to the cup like the Pens would shell out more for Inginla than I believe we'd have to in order to land Horton.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:30 PM
TatarTangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuick View Post
Lot of differences this year, mainly being UFA, but the ship has surely sailed in Calgary. I think their management has finally caught on. Iggy submitting a list means one side has given serious consideration to a trade this deadline. Plus McKenzie is reporting that the trade process has begun. All differences from previous seasons. Pretty likely he gets moved for the best offer unless Calgary has absurd expectations for a return.

Would love to add him, I think he would be great playing with Datsyuk (who wouldn't? oh right that one dude). Iggy can pull the piano for sure.

D seems like the more glaring need, but like someone posted on another thread, we're only 11th in GA this season. 16th in GF, something we could definitely improve on.

Adding a real top 2/4 defenseman would take pressure off Z/D in their own zone and let them start scoring again. Adding Iggy would obviously be a huge boost offensively. Win/win, just make a move Holland.. standing pat would be a brutal move this deadline. Either sell some excess pieces and add assets or trade for an impact roster player. Standing pat keeps us on the bubble, meaning another first round exit or just barely missing.
Absolutely, was more or less talking about the Red Wings trading for him. If they do deal him I'd hope that Feaster isn't as unrealistic as Calgary fans.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:31 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post

Franzen-Z-Iginla
Abdelkader-Dats-Sammy
Cleary-Helm-Brunner

Flip traded.

I would like to see that just for **** and giggles.
Datsyuk would probably still outproduce Zetterberg.

Why would we trade Nyquist and a first for an old powerforward on a 20 goal pace?

Old
03-19-2013, 06:37 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Datsyuk would probably still outproduce Zetterberg.

Why would we trade Nyquist and a first for an old powerforward on a 20 goal pace?
I hope they don't. Though I think Holland will give it serious thought if it is Nyquist and 1st, need to move a depth guy for the roster space.

Most I would go is Filppula and Andersson, the Flames can sign Filppula and reunite him with Hudler.

Realistically the Flames won't take that trade, I do think if Iginla comes he will sign an extension for two or three years. Hopefully much lower than his current cap hit.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:38 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
Absolutely, was more or less talking about the Red Wings trading for him. If they do deal him I'd hope that Feaster isn't as unrealistic as Calgary fans.
This is going to end ugly for Calgary fans.

And I feel for them
Because management and fans SHOULD demand heaven and earth for their franchise player. Or why do it?

But no team can afford to trade heaven and earth for Iginla, who is far, far past his prime.

So the team won't move him, because there are only 3 to 5 teams Iggy will go to, and that cuts the Flames' ability to get a decent package even more

So then the offseason will come and the Flames will do one of two things -- overpay a forward who is nearing the end OR let him walk

Old
03-19-2013, 06:42 PM
detredWINgs

There's no way Detroit outbids Pittsburgh for Iginla, so there's no reason worrying about it.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
There's no way Detroit outbids Pittsburgh for Iginla, so there's no reason worrying about it.
Pretty much.

Damn Quincey getting hurt. Would've loved to trade White and Cleary for a 2nd or 3rd round picks.

Still down to deal Flip. He'd bring back a 1st and a real good prospect.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:48 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Realistically the Flames won't take that trade, I do think if Iginla comes he will sign an extension for two or three years. Hopefully much lower than his current cap hit.
It would have to be for $5M a year or less

Old
03-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
This is going to end ugly for Calgary fans.

And I feel for them
Because management and fans SHOULD demand heaven and earth for their franchise player. Or why do it?

But no team can afford to trade heaven and earth for Iginla, who is far, far past his prime.

So the team won't move him, because there are only 3 to 5 teams Iggy will go to, and that cuts the Flames' ability to get a decent package even more

So then the offseason will come and the Flames will do one of two things -- overpay a forward who is nearing the end OR let him walk
Given where the Flames franchise is and has been lately, they have to listen to any reasonable offer. They aren't getting a Herschel Walker trade for Iginla, but someone offers them a few pieces and/or picks that can help them move forward, they have to do it.

The Flames should do what's best for the future of the franchise. Don't see how holding on to a past-his-prime former superstar into UFA and then overpaying to keep him is really an option for them. He's not worth a "moving heaven and earth" offer, and they shouldn't be expecting one.

They traded away a franchise player to acquire Iginla, so it's not unheard of (granted, Iginla isn't holding out like Nieuwendyk was, but it was still a choice to trade away a premier player).

Old
03-19-2013, 07:18 PM
RedWinger10

Quote:
Idk if I would like to lean on the option of getting a player with only a few years left in his career anyway it may buy us some time but does not avoid th inevitable. I think Marian Gaborik is a FAR better option!!!

Old
03-19-2013, 07:19 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Hey, maybe Hudler can talk Feaster into picking up Filppula for Giordano...

... it worked for Joey Mac, right?

Old
03-19-2013, 07:25 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWinger10 View Post
Idk if I would like to lean on the option of getting a player with only a few years left in his career anyway it may buy us some time but does not avoid th inevitable. I think Marian Gaborik is a FAR better option!!!
He might be but New York wants a top 4 D-man (really Right handed) and bottom six help plus probably a pick, but certainly the first two. Gaborik has a year left and he will be more expensive than Iginla. Plus New York isn't looking for futures given the team they have.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:27 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
He might be but New York wants a top 4 D-man (really Right handed) and bottom six help plus probably a pick, but certainly the first two. Gaborik has a year left and he will be more expensive than Iginla. Plus New York isn't looking for futures given the team they have.
White, Abdelkader/Eaves, 2014 3rd.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:30 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
I hope they don't. Though I think Holland will give it serious thought if it is Nyquist and 1st, need to move a depth guy for the roster space.

Most I would go is Filppula and Andersson, the Flames can sign Filppula and reunite him with Hudler.

I wouldn't trade Filppula straight up for Iginla. Sure Iggy is a "power forward" (if you can even call him that anymore), but the guy isn't that good anymore. Flip is better and younger - even if he prices himself out of Detroit.

Flip could pot 70 points in a full season next year, I believe he's that good. He's just as important to Z's line as Z. If he keeps up this play he's going to get played a lot this off season.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
I wouldn't trade Filppula straight up for Iginla. Sure Iggy is a "power forward" (if you can even call him that anymore), but the guy isn't that good anymore. Flip is better and younger - even if he prices himself out of Detroit.

Flip could pot 70 points in a full season next year, I believe he's that good. He's just as important to Z's line as Z. If he keeps up this play he's going to get played a lot this off season.
If Filppula wants 5+ a year or something I would rather take Iginla for 2 years than sign Filppula for 4 years.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:35 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
White, Abdelkader/Eaves, 2014 3rd.
That's a joke right?

Old
03-19-2013, 07:37 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
If Filppula wants 5+ a year or something I would rather take Iginla for 2 years than sign Filppula for 4 years.
Why?

Heaton, at some point, you gotta pay people.

If Flip costs $5M, then maybe we have to pay it.

So maybe that's what a player like Flip costs.

As a result, we don't sign bums like Samuelsson and instead allow our youth (under $1M) to play.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Syckle78

Quote:

I would be absolutely pissed off at that trade. Wouldn't even matter to me where he played.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:47 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
That's a joke right?
Like Bob said, if Flip wants $5M, then maybe we should pay him $5M.

The problem is guys like Sammy being signed for $3M. You have to keep your core together. It's more important than 35+ third-liners.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:55 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:

1. You make that deal immediately. Nyquist IMHO, and I'll be in he minority, is nothing special.. Jarnkrok, tats and jurcs are...

2. He ill play with pavs, not hank. He needs a player who opens up space and draws attention, Pavel does that more..

Old
03-19-2013, 08:56 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Like Bob said, if Flip wants $5M, then maybe we should pay him $5M.

The problem is guys like Sammy being signed for $3M. You have to keep your core together. It's more important than 35+ third-liners.
Fil is NOT worth 5m.. Barely 4m

Closed Thread