HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Frackin' A (Pegula)

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Beerz

vCash: 500
Frackin' A (Pegula)

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...-hydrofracking

Must be he wants to make more money instead of winning Stanley Cup? ...

Nah.. I don't know if it means anything....just saw it and thought I'd share.

I'm sure someone will find fault with it tho.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Jame
Dream '16

I always hate being reminded of this...

Old
02-12-2013, 12:29 AM
SundherDome
Get to the Draft!

Fracking is crazy , I had a relative who lives in west virgina and bascially when he turns his faucet on he can light the water on fire from the methane, but if they wanna do it in the middle of nowhere or around prisons its fine by me just more money going to the sabres.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Eichel 9

I have some land that may be prime fracking real estate..so if some oil company wants to come by and offer me a couple million to rent my land, I'd have a hard time saying no.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:37 AM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I always hate being reminded of this...
Of what?

Old
02-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Eichel 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Of what?
Probably of how our owner made his fortune, there's a lot of uncertainty about the process and if it is safe. I certainly wouldn't drink the ground water if I was near a fracking zone...but I would rent my land out for the right price, because in the end we are all greedy when it comes down to it.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:43 AM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
Fracking is crazy , I had a relative who lives in west virgina and bascially when he turns his faucet on he can light the water on fire from the methane, but if they wanna do it in the middle of nowhere or around prisons its fine by me just more money going to the sabres.

That can happen with or without fracking.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:49 AM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have My Baby Pierre View Post
Probably of how our owner made his fortune, there's a lot of uncertainty about the process and if it is safe. I certainly wouldn't drink the ground water if I was near a fracking zone...but I would rent my land out for the right price, because in the end we are all greedy when it comes down to it.

Most of the uncertainty is overblown hysteria by tree huggers.

" the idea stressed by fracking critics that deep-injected fluids will migrate into groundwater is mostly false. Basic geology prevents such contamination from starting below ground. A fracture caused by the drilling process would have to extend through the several thousand feet of rock that separate deep shale gas deposits from freshwater aquifers. According to geologist Gary Lash of the State University of New York at Fredonia, the intervening layers of rock have distinct mechanical properties that would prevent the fissures from expanding a mile or more toward the surface. It would be like stacking a dozen bricks on top of each other, he says, and expecting a crack in the bottom brick to extend all the way to the top one. What's more, the fracking fluid itself, thickened with additives, is too dense to ascend upward through such a channel.

Read more: Is Fracking Safe? The Top 10 Myths About Natural Gas Drilling - Popular Mechanics

Old
02-12-2013, 01:54 AM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Most of the uncertainty is overblown hysteria by tree huggers.

" the idea stressed by fracking critics that deep-injected fluids will migrate into groundwater is mostly false. Basic geology prevents such contamination from starting below ground. A fracture caused by the drilling process would have to extend through the several thousand feet of rock that separate deep shale gas deposits from freshwater aquifers. According to geologist Gary Lash of the State University of New York at Fredonia, the intervening layers of rock have distinct mechanical properties that would prevent the fissures from expanding a mile or more toward the surface. It would be like stacking a dozen bricks on top of each other, he says, and expecting a crack in the bottom brick to extend all the way to the top one. What's more, the fracking fluid itself, thickened with additives, is too dense to ascend upward through such a channel.

Read more: Is Fracking Safe? The Top 10 Myths About Natural Gas Drilling - Popular Mechanics
While I respect your opinion that some of the concerns over fracking may be overstated, I hardly think citizens expressing a desire for their natural environments to remain clean and safe is insult worthy.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:59 AM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
While I respect your opinion that some of the concerns over fracking may be overstated, I hardly think citizens expressing a desire for their natural environments to remain clean and safe is insult worthy.
Theres citizens expressing a desire for their natural environments to remain clean and then there is tree huggers...who create hysteria and hyperbole to stop any destruction of the environment. Those that would stop any kind of development no matter how good for society for an endangered rat.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:07 AM
Beerz

Anyways....George Carlin can say what I mean a lot better than I can

Old
02-12-2013, 03:15 AM
MARCUS FOLlGNO PHD
~

vCash: 50
**** a water table. It's not literally poison so deal with it

Old
02-12-2013, 03:34 AM
Push Dr Tracksuit
Gerstmann 3:16

I'd like to see a further study done on the Alma site. They pumped fracking liquid into a fault line and created a very minor earthquake. If someone could show me an inpartial study done on the effects of fracking near active fault lines I'd be a lot more at ease with the process. The potential dollars/jobs/resources that are available are too valuable to just throw away because something might happen. Know the risks and have an effective strategy to prevent as much negative impact as possible. If the DEC deems what's left as acceptable I'm on board.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:34 AM
aceface33

So is this the official fracking debate thread?

Of course Pegula made a pro-Fracking presentation, it's his job and it's how he made his money. I don't see how that in and of itself is notable.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:41 AM
TehDoak
Forgot About Z

vCash: 903
Free Speech is a wonderful thing. I don't see how this is newsworthy in any way, shape or form.

Old
02-12-2013, 08:05 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Free Speech is a wonderful thing. I don't see how this is newsworthy in any way, shape or form.
It's absolutely not.

Old
02-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Sabresfansince1980

Peoples-Stokes, however, came out with a different view. She said she was unsatisfied with the response when she asked Pegula and his team what is done with the millions of gallons of wastewater generated during the process.
“From that point on, I knew that I was opposed to hydrofracking,” she said. “If natural gas is naturally in the earth, it was naturally created by the creator, there’s going to be a natural way to get it out of the earth. And until that day comes, it should stay right where it is.”

So the world should have just waited for coal to bubble up from the surface too, and we could still be reading by candlelight and talking Sabres by pen pal. Tree huggers don't realize how far back in time they'd be right now without people who innovated to use the resources and technology that were unavailable until they reached out and grabbed it. We (the US) should just let the rest of the world pass by out of our respect for Mother Earth and the fear of ANY POSSIBLE negative side effect. Some people see a shovel as a murder weapon instead of a scalpel.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
Quote:
“If natural gas is naturally in the earth, it was naturally created by the creator, there’s going to be a natural way to get it out of the earth. And until that day comes, it should stay right where it is.”
Hard to take someone serious when this is an example of their thinking process.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
if they wanna do it around prisons its fine by me just more money going to the sabres.
Quoted for absurdity.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:02 AM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Quoted for absurdity.
Folsom Frackin' Blues?

Old
02-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
So is this the official fracking debate thread?

Of course Pegula made a pro-Fracking presentation, it's his job and it's how he made his money. I don't see how that in and of itself is notable.
It's only notable because it's a story on Pegula ... people can take it how they want.. I just found it interesting that he's still involved with it.

Closed Thread