HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes Sign Rinaldo, Silso, Campbell, & Hanley to 1yr two-way deals.

Old
07-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Grimes

vCash: 500
Coyotes Sign Rinaldo, Silso, Campbell, & Hanley to 1yr two-way deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciamachy View Post
Did I miss it and we actually did sign Zac Rinaldo?

There it is

Grimes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri

Kimahri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 05:53 PM
Ultra Mega Chychrun
Arise Chychrun!

vCash: 400
All two way, likely AHL depth. Isn't Rinaldo the piece of crap that played for the flyers and cheap shotted a bunch of people?

Ultra Mega Chychrun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 05:58 PM
ctwin22
Go Desert Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Mega Chychrun View Post
All two way, likely AHL depth. Isn't Rinaldo the piece of crap that played for the flyers and cheap shotted a bunch of people?
yep, that's the guy

ctwin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 06:13 PM
ck26
Alcoholab User

vCash: 141
That's the same Andrew Campbell who skated while Brandon Gormley sat at the end of the Yandle/Vermette/Michalek tank year, right?

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Ultra Mega Chychrun
Arise Chychrun!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwin22 View Post
yep, that's the guy
Didn't he take a serious run at Doan a few years back? If it's the incident I'm thinking of no one from our team did anything. If so I hate the fact he's involved in any way with the team.

Ultra Mega Chychrun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 06:29 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
That's the same Andrew Campbell who skated while Brandon Gormley sat at the end of the Yandle/Vermette/Michalek tank year, right?
Yep! He's a straight stud at the AHL level, though. Good pickup. Replaces McBain.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 07:04 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

All 2-way deals, no complaints.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 07:06 PM
SniperHF
Mod Supervisor
Not aufheben

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
Yep! He's a straight stud at the AHL level, though. Good pickup. Replaces McBain.
Not a huge deal, but I think McBain was a better offensive D which would be useful in Tucson. But Campbell is a better option in an emergency situation in the NHL.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 07:33 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
Aight. The one who looks like Michael Stone

Hinterland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 08:44 PM
RemoAZ

I would have rather we signed zero FAs than the ones we did the last couple years that just blocked our talented youth. These guys pretty much amount to nothing so I'm good with them. Let them help Tucson and/or be camp bodies.

RemoAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Muppet
7th Round Pick

vCash: 934
Rinaldo is a dirty piece of ****, but at least the boys down in the Tucson will feel safe having him on their side.

Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Spirit of Lindgren

Rinaldo:
Im glad we got someone whose job hopefully will be to make sure that nobody tees off on the young guys.
If our young stars have to worry about getting slammed around every second they are on the ice, they will be ineffective and any opposing team would be crazy not to tee off on them.
I knew they'd sign someone like this, I don't like fighting all that much, but its human nature and its necessary ...glad he's going to be keeping the other teams heads on a swivel and allowing the skilled guys to play to their potential.

Spirit of Lindgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 09:22 PM
rt
DingDongTippIsGone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Lindgren View Post
Rinaldo:
Im glad we got someone whose job hopefully will be to make sure that nobody tees off on the young guys.
If our young stars have to worry about getting slammed around every second they are on the ice, they will be ineffective and any opposing team would be crazy not to tee off on them.
I knew they'd sign someone like this, I don't like fighting all that much, but its human nature and its necessary ...glad he's going to be keeping the other teams heads on a swivel and allowing the skilled guys to play to their potential.
Rinaldo does no policing. He is absolutley not an enforcer. That's not his game. He's stirs up trouble and is a punching bag. He create havoc and then gets beat up.

07-01-2017, 09:22 PM
rt
DingDongTippIsGone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
Rinaldo is a dirty piece of ****, but at least the boys down in the Tucson will feel safe having him on their side.
He's runs guys and gets the other team fired up. We're more likely to get run not less likely. Retribution.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:13 PM
BeSeeingYouSeattle
Part time Leaf fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Rinaldo does no policing. He is absolutley not an enforcer. That's not his game. He's stirs up trouble and is a punching bag. He create havoc and then gets beat up.
Going to have to disagree on this one. He definitely sticks up for teammates and he can throw them pretty damn good, too. He throws with much larger players than him. His issue is that he literally can't be controlled. He's the hottest of hot heads.

His last year in the NHL he had 6 fights. That's probably close to our team total from last year.

BeSeeingYouSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 10:27 PM
rt
DingDongTippIsGone!

I've seen the vast majority of his NHL fights. All of them over the last several years.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/7457

A highlight package doesn't really show the whole story. Most of his fights are due to his own shenanigans. He's a busy fighter but he's not an enforcer. That's like calling Daniel Carrillo an enforcer. And Rinaldo usually loses his fights. In recent times he's a much less energetic fighter too. Self preservation has kicked in a bit. Which is why he's no longer an NHL player. It was always unsustainable.

Last edited by rt: 07-01-2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old
07-01-2017, 10:31 PM
RemoAZ

Holy crap he does lay huge hits that's for sure.

RemoAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 03:45 AM
Bandit34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSeeingYouSeattle View Post
Going to have to disagree on this one. He definitely sticks up for teammates and he can throw them pretty damn good, too. He throws with much larger players than him. His issue is that he literally can't be controlled. He's the hottest of hot heads.

His last year in the NHL he had 6 fights. That's probably close to our team total from last year.
Rinaldo is a very good fighter for his size. That's the problem, though. He's a pretty small guy that brings a limited skill set. Usually teams prefer someone bigger to fill up a 4th line spot that don't really offer anything offensively.

He made the NHL as more of a pest that could defend himself quite well. His best attribute was his hitting ability which would intimidate puck carriers whenever he was on the ice. Unfortunately for Rinaldo, the league started to punish and cut down on the major hits in recent years. That hitting ability he had vanished from his skill set because he would be suspended/penalized for most of the hits he would make. So he ended up being just a small fighter with a limited offensive skill set.

I didn't see him play last year so I cant make a good assumption whether he would make a serious push for a NHL roster spot. If he shows up and impresses, I'd love it because he's the definition of a fan favorite type that the coyotes may need.

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 04:58 AM
Englishcoyote

rinaldo will be a plus for tucson, he'll look after the skilled guys and make teams think twice about slamming them with hits. if he does get out of hand just trade him or send him to echl.

Englishcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 08:37 AM
rt
DingDongTippIsGone!

It's the phrases like "look after" that don't jibe. He's nobody's protector. Energy guy? Yep. Pest? You bet. Fan favorite? No doubt. Body guard? Nope. Protector? Nope. Police? Nah.

He's what Bandit said. And as I said, his teammates are probably less safe due to retribution than they are more safe due to any kind of intimidation factor.

Old
07-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Lindgren View Post
Rinaldo:
I'm from the old school and think fighting had a place in hockey, but with the lawyers getting in on the action fighting will be completely out of the game soon. I was reading the Edmonton Journal yesterday and saw that Dave Semenko pasted away. They had a couple of clips of him, Tim Hunter and Probert epic battles. Hunter said that Semenko once told him after one of there many fights "who would believe that we can stir up the crowd like Wayne Gretzky" or something close to that. You would just know when Hunter and Semenko stepped on the ice together something was going to happy. Boy do I miss the good old days of hockey.

Jakey53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 04:52 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Gadfly

Terms for the four contracts.....

TheLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 05:51 PM
aemoreira1981

Curious: does Zac Rinaldo still owe the NHL a 5-game suspension from the 2015-16 season? He was waived to the AHL just before the NHL suspension was handed down.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2017, 05:56 PM
BeSeeingYouSeattle
Part time Leaf fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
It's the phrases like "look after" that don't jibe. He's nobody's protector. Energy guy? Yep. Pest? You bet. Fan favorite? No doubt. Body guard? Nope. Protector? Nope. Police? Nah.

He's what Bandit said. And as I said, his teammates are probably less safe due to retribution than they are more safe due to any kind of intimidation factor.
Perhaps. I specifically remember him going after Hendricks after Hendricks lit up Simmonds. He also got into a fight against OTT. standing up for a teammate who made a hit and was getting rushed.

Two occasions where he's clearly fighting for teammates and I recall those only because I saw them. Probably more that I didn't see or hear about.

BeSeeingYouSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote