HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Cgy- Philly

Old
02-12-2013, 03:33 PM
HighOFFHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
We don't know what the Preds wanted I heard it was Couts ++ if it was just couts straight up they probably would have done it, over the last 4 years Richards,Carter,JVR we all said to be untouchable so it is pretty hard to believe that Couts is now untouchable.
Yes we do, they wanted B. Schenn or Couturier. I'll tell u that most people in philly believe Couturier is going to be better than all 3 players you've listed. And no one thought carter or JVR were untouchable. The media here in philly had the low-down and that was the offer. Fact is Flyers are NOT going to trade their future right now. Our prospect pool is in no way deep enough to trade our best prospect. So Everyone should get that out of their head. In the future, maybe. But as far as this season is concerned everyone is dreaming.

Having said that I do love Iggy, but I think the most u could get is Read + pick from philly. I would say Flyers don't have much to offer trade wise without giving something up that they have no interest in doing.

Most likely scenario is that the Flyers roll with what they have, with few minor tweeks, then wait for the off-season to make big moves. I wish we did have more to trade, but we are really spread thin from this past off-season.

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:34 PM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Iglina is a 35 year old rental. He will command no more than Hossa or Kolvachuk did, if not less. Neither one managed to bring a top tier prospect. Calgary lost the opportunity to cash in on Iglina three years ago.

I don't know the Flyers prospects well enough but I think Laughton and a pick is about all you can expect from them.
this. And I would only do that if the flyers were on the cusp of playoffs. Otherwise I go with the draft and hope i get a top 5 pick.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:36 PM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
it was Couturier, Schenn and 2 1sts i believe, or something like that. if it was couturier alone for weber and holmgren didn't do it, i think his head would probably be on a stake in front of ed sniders house.
I believe it was Schenn or Couturier plus the picks.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:37 PM
blankall

The Flyers have a worse record than the Flames right now. They will not be buyers at the deadline.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:38 PM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
To calgary : couturier, 2nd, conditional 1st ( if either the flyers win the cup, or iginla resigns next year )
To Philly : iginla and 4th
I love Iginla but no way would I even consider this.

JackStraw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

If the Flyers continue to flounder in the standings, they will not be buyers.

So, that definitely means no to trading Couturier for an expiring contract in Iginla.

Roo Mad Bro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 04:42 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey View Post
Yes we do, they wanted B. Schenn or Couturier. I'll tell u that most people in philly believe Couturier is going to be better than all 3 players you've listed. And no one thought carter or JVR were untouchable. The media here in philly had the low-down and that was the offer. Fact is Flyers are NOT going to trade their future right now. Our prospect pool is in no way deep enough to trade our best prospect. So Everyone should get that out of their head. In the future, maybe. But as far as this season is concerned everyone is dreaming.

Having said that I do love Iggy, but I think the most u could get is Read + pick from philly. I would say Flyers don't have much to offer trade wise without giving something up that they have no interest in doing.

Most likely scenario is that the Flyers roll with what they have, with few minor tweeks, then wait for the off-season to make big moves. I wish we did have more to trade, but we are really spread thin from this past off-season.
Can I see a source for it being Cout's straight up for Weber?

And most people on here called those players untouchable (especially JVR when he was 20)

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:02 PM
orange is better
Lattelepjandi lopatr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Can I see a source for it being Cout's straight up for Weber?

And most people on here called those players untouchable (especially JVR when he was 20)
Only untouchable on our team is Giroux. Anyone else can be had for the right price. But that price is going to be theft if you want Sean Couturier. And it would not be around an aging player. It would be a combination of high draft picks and blue chip prospects.

And every team is guilty of over valuing their players, and you would have the exact same mindset towards a player that was the consolation prize for finishing dead last and then losing the lottery. A lot of people WANTED jvr to be untouchable, but he just never showed enough here to warrant that.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:11 PM
SnS

Awards:
Quote:
To calgary : couturier, 2nd, conditional 1st ( if either the flyers win the cup, or iginla resigns next year )
To Philly : iginla and 4th
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Ya if you were to consider Iginla as valuable as Hossa when he was traded (he's not... but let's imagine)... and the Flyers were the partner the deal would look something like:

To Flyers:
-Iginla
-Cervenka

To Flames:
-1st Round Pick
-McGinn
-Wellwood
-Laughton

That's kinda similar. Actually a better deal for the Flames than the Thrashers got IMO.
-

I'd pass on both from a Flyers point of view.

I'm all for keeping this season with what we have. If a forward is moving, I'd rather move Simmonds/Briere.

I'm loving the McGinn / Schenn / Voracek line. It's absolutely amazing to watch.

To the first one - Couts' is easily our best defensive forward, he's insanely smart & does the right things.

Props to Nemesis for the signature, and HC for the avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Flamester

Couturier hasn't proven anything yet . U guys make it seem like he's the next one or something lol. Anyways iggy for couturier straight trade is fair trade in my opinion

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:10 AM
SnS

Awards:
Quote:
Couturier hasn't proven anything yet . U guys make it seem like he's the next one or something lol. Anyways iggy for couturier straight trade is fair trade in my opinion
Huge pass from the Flyers. You keep Iginla, we'll keep Couturier. We have no reason to trade our up-and-coming shutdown Center for a 35 year old winger, who is in the final year of his contract.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:57 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Couturier hasn't proven anything, but you're willing to trade your franchise player straight up for him?

Either way, the Flyers aren't an Iginla away from winning the Stanley Cup, and they can't afford to trade a guy like Couturier for a player that may walk or retire in a year. The Flames would be much better served asking teams like Boston or Chicago to take on Iginla for a cup run.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Zoombie

As a Flames fan I am embarrassed by the OP's proposal...

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:17 PM
djlethal08

Quote:
Seriously you need to just get the thought of acquiring Couturier out your head. There's just no real deal there that the Flames can offer that works for the Flyers. But if you want to know where you'd have to start to even get Holmgren to answer the phone, it would cost Sven+ (don't really know the Flames prospects to know what the plus would be). But don't kid yourself that plus would have to be something significant, overpayment or a young D-man with similar potential is what it would take to get Couturier. The Flyers are not a player away from a cup so they have no need for older players.

djlethal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:31 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
hes projecting in a very similar vein as jordan staal and moving him now is selling short. why would we want to do that? teams move pieces they can part with and while holmgren has been known to play jenga a bit its very unlikely hed move a rister player for an aging rental.

if your looking for a good young center whos defensively responsible the flyer you want to talk about is laughton. and even up i think you may get some flyer fans to stop laughing at you.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:35 PM
The Beyonder

I imagine Holmgren's response would be something like this...

The Beyonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Tripod

If you want Couts and the Flyers second...then give them your 1st rounder and Gio. Close?

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Jtown

Quote:
well, your opinion is wrong

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
Win it for Ed

No thanks, our team just isn't that good this year. We shouldn't be buying anyone, especially at the cost of one of young players and early picks. Our prospect pool is bare after the Pronger trade, time to start restocking it. Need to let the young sophomores/rookies develop, keep our picks and rebuild the farm and have good players coming into the team in a couple years.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Wronskian

OP deal would never happen. Iginla has been downright awful this year, not worth a player with the upside of Couturier at this point in his career

Wronskian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Counter proposal: Briere for Baertschi

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
Win it for Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Done, that gives us a lot of cap room and lets us dump a struggling forward the past two regular seasons. Also gives us a nice winger prospect. Too bad Briere won't waive to go to Cgy probably, I imagine he'd only go to Buffalo.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Done, that gives us a lot of cap room and lets us dump a struggling forward the past two regular seasons. Also gives us a nice winger prospect. Too bad Briere won't waive to go to Cgy probably, I imagine he'd only go to Buffalo.
I know what you should ask for come Christmas time:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=sarcas...&tx=121&ty=110

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Yes, Flyers also offer Pronger and Timonen for Giordano and a 1st. All of these are super fair, just like Couts for Iginla.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Oiled up*

Philly gets robbed. If you traded Iginla earlier maybe by a couple of years then sure... as of right now no.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote