HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

|Dubnyk vs Dallas|Dubnyk does Dallas and this time it's Biblical|7:30PM MT|SNET-W

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 05:26 PM
  #276
shoop
HFBoards Sponsor
 
shoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganORiellyFan View Post
So happy that Smyth is a scratch. Can't wait for Jones to come back.
Is there any update on Jones?

I heard, unofficially, that he has a detached retina. From what I understand that's career threatening.

shoop is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:27 PM
  #277
Seedling
Fan level 7?
 
Seedling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,794
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
How's it the truth? Whitney is completely incapable of bouncing back thanks to his broken down, busted feet and the vast majority of fans and everybody in the media knows this for a fact. Steve isn't fooling GM's on other clubs that Whitney is just going through a tough spell or something with those comments.

Did I go overboard? I guess (tough morning at work ) but I've never understood why GM's make those types of comments. Pro scouting is too good - you're not going to fool anybody - and you shouldn't have to coddle these millionaires like that.


So, again, he is supposed to go to the media and say comments like yours? Yeah, that is awesome.

Seedling is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:30 PM
  #278
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post


So, again, he is supposed to go to the media and say comments like yours? Yeah, that is awesome.
Did I say that? He's usually quiet for the vast majority of a season so I'd prefer it if he stayed quiet.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:31 PM
  #279
Oilbleeder
Moderator
RattsSSV on the avy
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,168
vCash: 500
If you want to stay in this thread, lets keep the discussion civil. Consider this your last warning.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:33 PM
  #280
OilCanada92
Registered User
 
OilCanada92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Did I say that? He's usually quiet for the vast majority of a season so I'd prefer it if he stayed quiet.
Then how is he clueless? Seems like far reasoning towards Whitney

OilCanada92 is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:37 PM
  #281
Lucifer
Registered User
 
Lucifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
Whitney should come out and say that he hasn't played well in the games he played. Made some bad decisions with the puck, and without and that he understands why he has been scratched for the 3rd time. He should also say that hes going to work his butt off to make sure he is in the lineup every night.

There it is. That is all he needs to say.

Not sure if Ryan Smyth is upset at being scratched but if he is asked how he feels he should be honest and say he took some bad penalties and he has to be smarter next time.

Just be honest and admit you screwed up. Have some accountability.

No player should get special treatment no matter how much money he makes.

Lucifer is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:40 PM
  #282
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
Whitney should come out and say that he hasn't played well in the games he played. Made some bad decisions with the puck, and without and that he understands why he has been scratched for the 3rd time. He should also say that hes going to work his butt off to make sure he is in the lineup every night.

There it is. That is all he needs to say.

Not sure if Ryan Smyth is upset at being scratched but if he is asked how he feels he should be honest and say he took some bad penalties and he has to be smarter next time.

Just be honest and admit you screwed up. Have some accountability.
Smyth can't even admit that he can't skate at this level anymore. "My legs are still there." No they're not Ryan. No they're not.

As far as Whitney goes, his "I guess I'm not playing well" comment and his gem from today "We got outshot 40-14 the other day so I guess I that's what they think about me" comment says all you need to know about his attitude.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:41 PM
  #283
Gord
Tesla
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,756
vCash: 0
today I'm going to be a glass half full kind of guy.
4-2 for Edmonton with an empty net goal.
I'm even going to put a couple hundred vcash on the oil.

Gord is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:43 PM
  #284
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
today I'm going to be a glass half full kind of guy.
4-2 for Edmonton with an empty net goal.
I'm even going to put a couple hundred vcash on the oil.
How do you bet v cash? I wouldn't mind putting some on the oilers as well.

Oiled up* is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:44 PM
  #285
Lucifer
Registered User
 
Lucifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
today I'm going to be a glass half full kind of guy.
4-2 for Edmonton with an empty net goal.
I'm even going to put a couple hundred vcash on the oil.
Maybe you should calm down there a lil bit brah. That's crazy talk! 1st it's Vcash and then next your house.....

Lucifer is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:44 PM
  #286
Gord
Tesla
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,756
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Smyth can't even admit that he can't skate at this level anymore. "My legs are still there." No they're not Ryan. No they're not.

As far as Whitney goes, his "I guess I'm not playing well" comment and his gem from today "We got outshot 40-14 the other day so I guess I that's what they think about me" comment says all you need to know about his attitude.
wow.
I have to think that if whitney goes elsewhere, he's going to be very vocal in trashing the team as bad as many of us have been trashing the team.

Gord is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:45 PM
  #287
Gord
Tesla
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,756
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
How do you bet v cash? I wouldn't mind putting some on the oilers as well.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/vbookie.php?

Gord is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
  #288
Oilbleeder
Moderator
RattsSSV on the avy
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
How do you bet v cash? I wouldn't mind putting some on the oilers as well.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/fo...play.php?f=171

Go to relevant game(run by our own THC!) and bet it all.

Oilbleeder is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
  #289
Gord
Tesla
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,756
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
Maybe you should calm down there a lil bit brah. That's crazy talk! 1st it's Vcash and then next your house.....
what can I say. I walk on the pretend gambling wildside.

Gord is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:48 PM
  #290
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/fo...play.php?f=171

Go to relevant game(run by our own THC!) and bet it all.
Thanks a lot!!!

Oiled up* is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:48 PM
  #291
Lucifer
Registered User
 
Lucifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
what can I say. I walk on the pretend gambling wildside.
I see an episode of "Intervention" in the making.

Son/Daughter: Daaaaad! STOP! You're out of contro! You're tearing us apart!
Grod: No! I won't stop. I don't care! VCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!

Lucifer is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:49 PM
  #292
MeestaDeteta
Registered User
 
MeestaDeteta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskazoo
Posts: 7,666
vCash: 250
put 500 on Dallas.

MeestaDeteta is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:50 PM
  #293
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 13,190
vCash: 128
I put money on Dallas.

Which means the Oilers will win.

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:52 PM
  #294
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
Is there any update on Jones?

I heard, unofficially, that he has a detached retina. From what I understand that's career threatening.

That would be horrendous if true but obviously we are all awaiting his return and I'll assume he's on schedule for recovery until I hear anything official that he's not.

nexttothemoon is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:53 PM
  #295
calvinguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
Is there any update on Jones?

I heard, unofficially, that he has a detached retina. From what I understand that's career threatening.
Where did you hear this?

calvinguy is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:54 PM
  #296
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,677
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
I put 500 on Edmonton.
=)

We'll see how this goes.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:55 PM
  #297
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,435
vCash: 500
Best Vcash bet I ever made was my entire stack on Boston in game 7 of the cup final with the Nucks. So sweet to win that one.

nexttothemoon is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:56 PM
  #298
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Dumb question... what happens if you lose all your Vcash? how do you regain it? lol

Oiled up* is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:00 PM
  #299
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size
 
OneMoreAstronaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,614
vCash: 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
How's it the truth? Whitney is completely incapable of bouncing back thanks to his broken down, busted feet and the vast majority of fans and everybody in the media knows this for a fact. Steve isn't fooling GM's on other clubs that Whitney is just going through a tough spell or something with those comments.

Did I go overboard? I guess (tough morning at work ) but I've never understood why GM's make those types of comments. Pro scouting is too good - you're not going to fool anybody - and you shouldn't have to coddle these millionaires like that.
How is it the truth. Ok, well. I did answer that question in the sentence after I said it was the truth: "We need a Whitney that is playing well. Barring that, we need a Whitney that's worth trading." That's what I meant. The truth of what Tambo said is "We need him." If he can play well, he would have value, either as a player or as a trade asset. We could all mope about Whitney's play and if he doesn't turn it around, all feel good and sorry for ourselves that we have such a crummy player on our hands that we can't get rid of and isn't good for anything, but it doesn't do a lick of good. We need a productive Whitney.

Sorry to hear about your tough morning at work. Mine have been long lately too.

OneMoreAstronaut is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:00 PM
  #300
ToeDrag83
Down, Not Out
 
ToeDrag83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oil Country
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
Sounds like a call to action.
Sounds like he expects Whitney to play well. Let's hope Whitney stands up and rises to expectation?
Unfortunately that's what should've happened after he got scratched the first time. But the way he played upon returning to the line up against Detroit was even worse.

It's not hard to put together, Whitney's play and his comments about not deserving to be scratched (paraphrasing) in ANY of the games he was sat out point to an obvious attitude problem.

Be a professional, and learn to take the criticism constructively. Use it to get better. Understand that it's only being called out because he is clearly capable of much MUCH more.

Big sense of entitlement from Whitney. I don't think we'll see his game improve since he doesn't seem to understand the reason he's being scratched.

Smyth also has this sense of entitlement. But at least he has heart. And I think we'll see a much improved Smyth the next time he's in the lineup.

ToeDrag83 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.