HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

|Dubnyk vs Dallas|Dubnyk does Dallas and this time it's Biblical|7:30PM MT|SNET-W

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

vCash: 500
RE: Whitney

He did make an additional comment about how he woudlnt be asking for a trade.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:17 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
RE: Whitney

He did make an additional comment about how he woudlnt be asking for a trade.
Yeah, he just seemed down in the dumps in that interview.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:21 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
i cant wait to see the ******** when Krugs staples Nuge to the PB for not scoring in 12+ games. of course he wont deserve it and will be defended to no end.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:22 PM
metallicat

I predict a loss tonight, and then we will be going round and round again when Smyth and Whitney inevitably get inserted back into the lineup next game. I knew this two year Smyth contract was a mistake. Why God why did they sign him to more than just this season??

Old
02-12-2013, 06:25 PM
nexttothemoon
10 again

vCash: 0
I'd have no problem with Nuge being benched for a game if Krueger thinks that's a good strategy. The team should always come first and no matter who our favourite players are... that's secondary to the good of the team.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:31 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
I'd have no problem with Nuge being benched for a game if Krueger thinks that's a good strategy. The team should always come first and no matter who our favourite players are... that's secondary to the good of the team.
He probably would have benched him, but RNH is forechecking hard and playing decently away from the puck.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:32 PM
pocketful
"We'll see"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Except RNH hasn't been terrible overall...just can't score.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Perfect_Drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
"We got outshot 40-14 and I'm not playing. I think that shows where their thought on me is." Whitney on being scratched again

Wow. We got outshot partially due to you being a useless pylon out there. This guy is so butt hurt and perplexed over being scratched? What an entitled a spoiled brat this guy is. Does he not understand how terrible he is playing right now?
Jagr goal was all him.

He cost us at least half of those losses.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:36 PM
metallicat

Yeah I want no part of an RNH press box visit. I don't think he's been terrible at all.

I like how Gregor asked Kreuger today about doing more dump and chase, and I agree with that. Get that puck in deep and get on your horses and chase the puck down.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Pointteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Yeah I want no part of an RNH press box visit. I don't think he's been terrible at all.

I like how Gregor asked Kreuger today about doing more dump and chase, and I agree with that. Get that puck in deep and get on your horses and chase the puck down.
ARgNH can be his temporary nickname while he isn't scoring. That being said he is doing everything else. I hope he stays in the lineup and learns to play his way out of a funk. Especially since he's 19 and struggling, yet is playing this well defensively and still has 6 assists in 11 games.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:40 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

Quote:

Puck retrieval after a dump in was the strength of the kid line last year, imo.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Starbuds
You like muscles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug View Post
Jagr goal was all him.

He cost us at least half of those losses.
This might be taking it a little far.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Fourier

RNH has 6 points in 11 games playing on a team that does not score that much right now. Is he in a slump. Yes. BUt he is playing great defensively and is still making things happn. He is so far from being benched that I am not even sure what to say.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:45 PM
onetweasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
Is there any update on Jones?

I heard, unofficially, that he has a detached retina. From what I understand that's career threatening.
Hope that is not true!

I have had a detached retina on my only good eye (other eye is legally blind but thankfully it is not crossed and looks normal - small victory)

Anyway, the doctor told me that I should'nt play hockey anymore due to body contact and the risk it could lead to blindness in my only good eye - contact can cause it to detach again.

Now Jonsy has two good eyes so he might be willing to take the risk of losing vision in the one eye to continue to play in the NHL..........

Whereas the risk of being blind in both eyes was not worth me continuing my illustrious career as a out of shape slow beer-league d man......

Really hope that Jonsy makes a full recovery.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:46 PM
CorpseFX

Quote:
i agree. i just hope they can win some board battles for those pucks. theres a lot of soft-ish board digging in situations. but i'd like to see it tried.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:47 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetweasy View Post
Hope that is not true!

I have had a detached retina on my only good eye (other eye is legally blind but thankfully it is not crossed and looks normal - small victory)

Anyway, the doctor told me that I should'nt play hockey anymore due to body contact and the risk it could lead to blindness in my only good eye - contact can cause it to detach again.

Now Jonsy has two good eyes so he might be willing to take the risk of losing vision in the one eye to continue to play in the NHL..........

Whereas the risk of being blind in both eyes was not worth me continuing my illustrious career as a out of shape slow beer-league d man......

Really hope that Jonsy makes a full recovery.
I have a buddy that had his retina detached in an MMA fight, he got it fixed up and a couple months later he was back in there again, no worse for wear. Depends on the person and how badly it's detached.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:49 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 860
not a fan of krueger but I do like the fact that he had the balls to sit smyth.

Maybe i might be wrong about the guy

Old
02-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Lucifer

I hope something happens with Yakupov. Maybe it's because we can't seem to ever get setup on the PP but it doesn't look like he ever really gets the puck for 1 timers or just to get shots on net.

Maybe he is not getting open enough or players are watching him closely.

I also find he is dishing the puck off a lot when he should be shooting a lot more as he has an awesome shot. Does he feel pressured being a rookie that he should pass more and not seem selfish?

I dunno. But i really wish he would make rushes like you see Hall / Hemsky do.(although they do seem to lose the puck a lot when they do this) It's not like he doesn't have great speed and puck handling skills.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:55 PM
jebs

Just saw Whitney's comments on TSN. Not sure what the big deal is.

He didnt say anything wrong. Hes disappointed, why isnt he allowed to express that?

Old
02-12-2013, 07:03 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Krueger said the other day Jones is weeks away I believe

Old
02-12-2013, 07:04 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
I hope something happens with Yakupov. Maybe it's because we can't seem to ever get setup on the PP but it doesn't look like he ever really gets the puck for 1 timers or just to get shots on net.

Maybe he is not getting open enough or players are watching him closely.

I also find he is dishing the puck off a lot when he should be shooting a lot more as he has an awesome shot. Does he feel pressured being a rookie that he should pass more and not seem selfish?

I dunno. But i really wish he would make rushes like you see Hall / Hemsky do.(although they do seem to lose the puck a lot when they do this) It's not like he doesn't have great speed and puck handling skills.
Honestly, I'd just like to see him go hard to the net and shoot more.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:10 PM
metallicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
i agree. i just hope they can win some board battles for those pucks. theres a lot of soft-ish board digging in situations. but i'd like to see it tried.
They may hav to rely on speed more than toughess to get that puck back. RNH and Eberle have amazing puck stripping abilities.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:15 PM
GatoradeG*

I've always liked Whitney. I hope he can somehow regain his previous form from two years ago or at least partially. A lot of it has to with his ankles because his skating is godawful now.

His passing is still top notch and probably the best on the team. That's if he decides to pass or doesn't give it away before he has a chance to.

He seems to be a good guy and he seems to like it here. I would be hesitant to trade him because the return would be very minimal. Keep him up top watching the games. Good insure in case someone goes down.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Just got word I'm going to the game tonight, hopefully we win!

Old
02-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Pugilist

Hoping to see the Oilers drive to the net tonight and start producing more offense. Not just goals; this team needs to force the oppositions goat lender to move, and needs to start putting up more shots.

Have to start forcing the issue and carrying the puck to the hard places. Soft perimeter play is not gonna get it done.

Hope to see the good guys pull out a W tonight.

4 - 2 Oil

Eberle
J. Schultz
Belanger
Fistric

Jagr
Benn

Closed Thread