HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

|Dubnyk vs Dallas|Dubnyk does Dallas and this time it's Biblical|7:30PM MT|SNET-W

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

vCash: 50
Apparently Whitney thinks that he's as good as our other six defensemen. Newsflash buddy, you shouldn't even be in the NHL

Old
02-12-2013, 01:15 PM
alanschu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I've cut the guy enough slack. He wants out so be it, not going to get any sympathy from me.
I'm not saying give him sympathy. Ignore him.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:16 PM
488fitter

Quote:

Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec
"As we get better as an organization, there will be players who don't meet our expectations anymore." - Krueger.
Finally a coach with some balls. Love it!

Old
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
I'm not saying give him sympathy. Ignore him.
Or trade him...

Old
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
He wouldn't be getting dumped on nearly as bad on twitter if he didn't have an entitled and cocky attitude.
Oh please. I'm sure Hitchslap feels like a million bucks when he comes into work and finds out he's been relegated.

He's frustrated. Big shocker. We can let it escalate and continue dumping on him or just move on and worry about the guys being dressed for the game.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:

"As we get better as an organization, there will be players who don't meet our expectations anymore." - Krueger.
Beautiful. Absolutely great to hear.

This organization needs to have higher expectations for itself and this sort of attitude is the right one to have imo.

For far too long we've been push overs. Loving Krueger's attitude so far.

02-12-2013, 01:18 PM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
Or trade him...
Fans don't have that power unfortunately (or maybe that's a good thing in the end).

I agree he should be traded if we can find someone interested in picking him up. Until then, the only option Whitney has is to try to play himself back into the lineup.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Oh please. I'm sure Hitchslap feels like a million bucks when he comes into work and finds out he's been relegated.

He's frustrated. Big shocker. We can let it escalate and continue dumping on him or just move on and worry about the guys being dressed for the game.
Frustrated and sees what the direction of the team is. Asking for a change is likely smart to me. He knows he will not be here next year. May as well move on and try to have a better year. I get it. Hopefully it works out for him on another team.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Fans don't have that power unfortunately (or maybe that's a good thing in the end).

I agree he should be traded if we can find someone interested in picking him up. Until then, the only option Whitney has is to try to play himself back into the lineup.
Agreed.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Stoneman89

If VV gets here, Smyth is the odd man out.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Kreuger has earned a lot of respect from me. It takes a lot of balls to bench Whitney the chirper and especially Smyth "Captain Canada"

Old
02-12-2013, 01:22 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Frustrated and sees what the direction of the team is. Asking for a change is likely smart to me. He knows he will not be here next year. May as well move on and try to have a better year. I get it. Hopefully it works out for him on another team.
The funny thing is there was a quote about him wanting to be here for years to come the other day.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:23 PM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Quote:
beauty quote

players should never feel comfortable in their role...they should be pushed by other and scared that the next young buck will come by and take their spot on the roster

there's a reason we're DFL the past few years...players not EARNING their spot in the line-up

Smyth has been old slow and selfish the past couple games

Whitney has been brutal all year and should be played like a 7th d-man, healthy scratched a few times...despite being the highest paid defenseman on the team

Old
02-12-2013, 01:24 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

Good move by Krueger. I would seriously question what the hell he is thinking if he didn't scratch Smyth after that CBJ game.

He's made some odd line choices this year but this is a solid move. If vets like Whitney and Smyth aren't spoiled brats they'll use this to light a fire under their ***** and come back with a chip on their shoulder to show that they didn't deserve the PB time.

If not they can **** off for good.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:25 PM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

Quote:
Until then, the only option Whitney has is to try to play himself back into the lineup.
I would so much rather that this is what happened. His competitor's attitude that he had when we first obtained him, not to mention his skill, is what I really want. He just has to find it in himself to be like that.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Oiled up*

Love the coaches attitude, if you don't want to help contribute for the greater good of the team gtfo. Hopefully we get our **** together I want a barn burner tonight!!!

Old
02-12-2013, 01:28 PM
alanschu

Anyways, about the upcoming game.

Players always comment about how they get extra amped for playing a former team that traded them. Is there just some level of "I told you so" or is it mostly just entertainment/posturing for the fans?

Old
02-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
The funny thing is there was a quote about him wanting to be here for years to come the other day.
He would be if he was like he used to be.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:33 PM
CupofOil

Scratching Whitney is one thing but scratching the Oiler Icon a.k.a. Captain Canada takes some major major balls. So THIS is what accountability looks like.
WOW Ralph WOW.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Or trade him...
The only issue is his trade value. The Islanders need D and Niño wants out.... Hard to imagine the return on Whitney is enticing to anyone at this stage. Good to see him go but ends up being poor asset management letting him go at his playing level low. Confront him to improve his play if he's interested in new scenery. Guy is weak mentally IMO.

On the other, kudos to Krueger for not enabling bad habits yet making these players accountable. Nice to see this versus the coach playing him until the offseason where Tambellini is forced to deal the player to a different city or let his rights slip away. I love the new idea of addressing it during mid-season. Finally a coach with some balls that doesn't believe 4th liners belong on the first.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Hitchslap

Quote:

It's not just this season he's been that guy. I'm not talking about his recent comments, I don't have any issue with them.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:37 PM
OilCanada92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
The only issue is his trade value. The Islanders need D and Niño wants out.... Hard to imagine the return on Whitney is enticing to anyone at this stage. Good to see him go but ends up being poor asset management letting him go at his playing level low. Confront him to improve his play if he's interested in new scenery. Guy is weak mentally IMO.

On the other, kudos to Krueger for not enabling bad habits yet making these players accountable. Nice to see this versus the coach playing him until the offseason where Tambellini is forced to deal the player to a different city or let his rights slip away. I love the new idea of addressing it during mid-season. Finally a coach with some balls that doesn't believe 4th liners belong on the first.
Rather have Lubo instead of Nino.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:37 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Should be "Dubnyk does Dallas."
Should be Dubey (like Debbie) does Dallas. Either way, awesome title.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
dirtydangles7*

a little OT, but why would nhl.com list the oilers as 10th in the west and the wild as 11th in the west if we're tied in points, but Minnesota has one more win? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Old
02-12-2013, 01:39 PM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCanada92 View Post
Rather have Lubo instead of Nino.
Heck no. He didn't want to be here the first time around.

Closed Thread