HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wsh-phi

Old
02-12-2013, 07:38 AM
hockeyguy

vCash: 500
Wsh-phi

if Washington decides to sell at the deadline

wash sends : Mike Green

phi sends: voraceck/simmonds, marc-andre bourdon, 2nd

idk what green's value really is with his injury history

hockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:42 AM
BackWithaVengeance

Mike Green is exactly what the doctor ordered for the Flyers.

Unfortunately, at the trade deadline it could be too late.

Since the Flyers need more size on the wings, Voracek should be available instead of Simmonds.

Injury woes of Mike Green are probably the deal-breaker.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Capathetic

Green looks good out there and healthy again.

You have a better chance at Carlson as Boston has already begun asking about him.

With the caps surplus of future wingers Simmonds or voracek just don't seem appetizing.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:37 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
Green looks good out there and healthy again.

You have a better chance at Carlson as Boston has already begun asking about him.

With the caps surplus of future wingers Simmonds or voracek just don't seem appetizing.
Why not?

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Voracek
Forsberg-xxxxxxxxxx-Kuznetsov
Johansson-Laich-Brouwer

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
Why not?

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Voracek
Forsberg-xxxxxxxxxx-Kuznetsov
Johansson-Laich-Brouwer
At the cost of the caps best defenseman? Just can't see it. Not until Carlson or Orlov show they can start the breakout with any consistency at least.

It wouldn't be good asset management even this year without the prospects penciled in. Green is just irreplaceable right now and if he weren't you wouldn't need him in Philly.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:03 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
At the cost of the caps best defenseman? Just can't see it. Not until Carlson or Orlov show they can start the breakout with any consistency at least.

It wouldn't be good asset management even this year without the prospects penciled in. Green is just irreplaceable right now and if he weren't you wouldn't need him in Philly.
Oh I wasnt saying the trade was good, just that the Caps still could use a top six winger. Wolski doesn't cut it IMO

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
Oh I wasnt saying the trade was good, just that the Caps still could use a top six winger. Wolski doesn't cut it IMO
Obviously we could use one, but unless McPhee is planning a suicidal run at the playoffs this season, there isn't a pressing need. Forsberg and Kuznetsov are coming soon. There are better stopgaps than Wolski available in free agency this summer. No reason to unload Green to try and get an immediate patch.

Also, that line-up you proposed would be stupidly expensive. $4.5M 3rd line center + $3.67M 3rd line RW. Pushing Joel Ward ($3M) down to the 4th line. Forsberg will be cheap, but the mystery 2C and Kuznetsov won't be (bonuses).

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:17 AM
MW6

I'd say thatif Green goes one of B.Scheen/Couturier is coming back. Caps needs a 2C for the future, since I don't think/hope Ribeiro stays the whole season (assets-management-wise, he's been our best forward but is UFA on July 1st).

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:42 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Trading Green we're entering "full re-build" stage because we don't have a ready replacement on our hands and will only have on top-4 RD (Carlson), hence 1st rd pick would have to go to WSH.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:43 AM
hockeyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
I'd say thatif Green goes one of B.Scheen/Couturier is coming back. Caps needs a 2C for the future, since I don't think/hope Ribeiro stays the whole season (assets-management-wise, he's been our best forward but is UFA on July 1st).
i don't see the flyers breaking up the schenn brothers and coots i think holds more value than an defenseman coming off back to back injuries especially after what happened with pronger

Old
02-12-2013, 09:44 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

No chance the Caps do this. They'd need to replace his minutes, and get something in addition.

If they were interested in trading him to the Flyers (which they wouldn't be), it'd have to be for at least a top-4 defenseman and a top-6 forward. So something like:

Green

for

Coburn/Schenn + Simmonds/Read/Voracek/Schenn +

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:46 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Honestly. I'd trade Green for Voracek, Bourdon and a 2nd no questions asked. Green has been good this year, not Norris offense calibre Green, but that's a decent enough package to work for me.

Ovechkin - Backs/Ribs - Voracek would be a nice line.

No interest in Simmonds. Like him as a player, but I'm sick and ****ing tired of Bangers with mediocre offensive games on this team.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:50 AM
hockeyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
No chance the Caps do this. They'd need to replace his minutes, and get something in addition.

If they were interested in trading him to the Flyers (which they wouldn't be), it'd have to be for at least a top-4 defenseman and a top-6 forward. So something like:

Green

for

the whole point of the thread was to build to the future thats why its premised as if they were to sell, if you want a guy past his prime like coburn over a young talented prospect like bourdon thats fine with me

Old
02-12-2013, 09:50 AM
BackWithaVengeance

Quote:

Green

for

Well, thank you but that's too much to ask for.

Keep him.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Sasso09

Quote:

Green

for

Are we talking about a package for Ovechkin, Backstrom or Green??? That's wayyyy to much to give up for green, even if he were fully healthy

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Stewie G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post
Well, thank you but that's too much to ask for.

Keep him.
With the way he has played this year, the Caps will be happy to. They have no reason to move him. If people haven't watched many Caps games, I doubt they'll be willing to pay the asking price. Most are going to offer less based on the old stereotype that he doesn't play good defense or his recent history of injuries.

Stewie G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Stizzle

Quote:

Green

for

Ridiculous. Highway robbery for the Caps.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:35 AM
BackWithaVengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
With the way he has played this year, the Caps will be happy to. They have no reason to move him. If people haven't watched many Caps games, I doubt they'll be willing to pay the asking price. Most are going to offer less based on the old stereotype that he doesn't play good defense or his recent history of injuries.
Don't get me wrong. I believe all of you when you say he played that good cause I haven't seen much of the Caps this season.

I'd be just unwilling to part with what was mentioned.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:46 AM
MW6

Schenn + Scheen + something small for Green + Johansson?

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Stewie G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Ridiculous. Highway robbery for the Caps.
That's the type of response that I expected. If the Flyers want a player the Caps have no inclination to trade, that is the type of deal that might provide the incentive to move him.

Stewie G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
the whole point of the thread was to build to the future thats why its premised as if they were to sell, if you want a guy past his prime like coburn over a young talented prospect like bourdon thats fine with me
Coburn is 27...

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:14 AM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
Schenn + Scheen + something small for Green + Johansson?
Nah, Scheen is the future of the Flyers.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:27 AM
hockeyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Coburn is 27...
statistics show that a hockey player's performance begins to decrease on average after 27, either through injury, fatigue, or other outliers such as entering the league at an early age. I'm not saying coburn is a bad player because he's not, maybe coburn still hasn't peaked but I think its safe to say he's not reaching 36 points again

Old
02-12-2013, 11:30 AM
txpd

a. the caps are pretty happy with green. he seems to have turned the corner both health wise and with his game. he is playing legit 1d minutes against top opposition and winning the battle, see his on ice goals against. his offense and skating have returned to pre montreal series levels.

b. green is playing 26 minutes a night. he is playing first pp and first pk right now. trading him for player that replaces that would be lateral movement at best. it just doesnt make any sense.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:31 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
statistics show that a hockey player's performance begins to decrease on average after 27, either through injury, fatigue, or other outliers such as entering the league at an early age. I'm not saying coburn is a bad player because he's not, maybe coburn still hasn't peaked but I think its safe to say he's not reaching 36 points again
generic hockey players, maybe so. defensemen, certainly not. they develope later and continue at a high level far beyond the average forward. puck moving high end defensemen in particular. timonen is a perfect example of that. where was timo at 27?

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote