HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Morning Thoughts, 101

Old
02-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Poliz24

vCash: 500
The more you watch the Islanders, how could you not be reminded of the movie Major League? No fans in the stands, defunct front office and owner. No notable players (JT/Moulson) excluded. Heck, we even have Roger Dorn at GM. I am waiting for a spark that changed everything. Unfortunately, this isn't Hollywood its reality.

Poliz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Bones45
I want my $2!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Dude...

I don't know you and I love you. Why? Because I think I found someone who's as angry as I am about the state of this team. It's good not to feel alone.
When I'm not accruing points here, every once in a while, I'll make a good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan'sIsland81 View Post
No offense, but when somebody makes a venting/complaining thread that focuses 75% on Dipietro, it is hard for me to take it seriously. DiPi may have been mediocre at best yesterday and may stink overall, but to blame this team's problems on a guy who played for the second time in 12 games is just bordering on infatuation at an insane level. There are so many things to complain about with this organization, from the cheap idiot owner to the clown/puppet GM...very VERY far down that list is the backup goalie playing once every 6 or 7 games.

75%? Hardly. If you rectify the other issues on the list, the DP issue --becomes a non-issue. I'm not solely referring to his play -- rather that DP is the posterboy for hating on the Isles b/c everything about him shows utter ineptitude by the entire organization. Failure in every level on this team. From the signing, the length of contract, the handling of the injuries, to the lack of acknowledgement by the coach, owner or GM. Damn man.. the coach wont even say anything. "I'm not commenting on the goaltending". Exactly. You just want to punch the ****ing TV.

DiPietro = an icon for the total incompetence and comical state of the team.

DOES ANYONE STILL WONDER WHY HE IS BOOED? We don't hate him on a personal level. Everyone WANTS him to do well, but the reason why the booing feels good, is that you are booing everything stupid that this ****ing team has done in the past 10 years.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote