HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

32 and getting back into playing

Old
02-14-2013, 03:29 PM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
32 and getting back into playing

after a six year hiatus, I'm finally back in shape enough to start playing competitive hockey again. I need new gear though. I was a goaltender first time around, but I'm going to ease back into it by starting as a defenseman.

When I played the first time, all my gear was Hespeler. Unfortunately, that's no longer an option. here's what i was using...

Gloves: Hespeler Classic Lite

Elbows: hespeler MAX

Chest: Hespeler RTX

Shins: Hespeler HMP

Pants: Hespeler classic Lite

I know I could probably scour Ebay and recreate this, but I'd like to go with a new brand, aka something i can replace if I get attached to it. I'm 32 and I'll be playing beer league probably.

Oh, and stick wise, I used the old Hespeler 5500 stick with the Gretzky curve at a 250 flex.

I'd like something that plays similar to this gear. I tend to like thinner pads with better range of motion. I like super stiff flex sticks.

Any suggestions?

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote