HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

St. Louis - Philadelphia

Old
02-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
No, I think you're overvaluing Coburn a lot, but to each their own. The Flyers need a sniper like Tarasenko.
Dude, I'm a Blues fan, and you'd be waaaaay overpaying right now.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:45 PM
MarcusKane*

Quote:
So the Flyers defence is a mess...and they decide to give up their most important defender to fix that? ???
Hit the nail on the head, idk what some people are thinking

MarcusKane* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:45 PM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Top 4 defender, top 6 winger and a high draft pick for Tarasenko....... And I am the one over valuing the players.... Tarasenko is a great young player don't get me wrong, but to offer a package like that is silly. Let's give Tarasenko more than 12 games to announce he is a stud in the league, which your proposal does.
What do you think is a more fair proposal for Tarasenko at this time?

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Realistically there's not one. David Perron is more likely to be moved at this point than Tarasenko.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
He probably wouldn't even been on the block, but Couts for Tarasenko straight up could be a fair deal on both sides. I would like to see Tarasenko more though, 12 games is an extremely small sample size.

It's pretty much a blue chipper for a blue chipper.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:55 PM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
He probably wouldn't even been on the block, but Couts for Tarasenko straight up could be a fair deal on both sides. I would like to see Tarasenko more though, 12 games is an extremely small sample size.

It's pretty much a blue chipper for a blue chipper.
Fair enough, but assume you wanted to avoid giving up Couturier. Now what deal do you see as being fair?

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:57 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 50
Stewart and Cole for Coburn? I think this makes the most sense. Philly could easily win this deal in the long-term. Stewart on Giroux's wing should be back to 30 goal Stewart. Cole is still a promising player, but I don't think our management ever truly fell in love with him.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Fair enough, but assume you wanted to avoid giving up Couturier. Now what deal do you see as being fair?
I honestly don't know. Tarasenko would be a player included in a big time trade for a big time player. We don't really have one of those on our team, besides Giroux. Blue chip prospects are usually traded unless under those circumstances. Or similar circumstances to Turris. So to be honest with ya, there ain't a chance in hell we see him on the Flyers.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:15 PM
SnS

Awards:
I want nothing to do with Stewart, just not a fan. We have Simmonds / Hartnell and McGinn. Wouldn't make sense to move our de-facto #1 D-man in Coburn after Timonen retires for a mid-pairing defender/a forward we really don't need.

I pass on anything involving Stewart, and anything involving Coburn at this point in time with the shape of our defense is.

Props to Nemesis for the signature, and HC for the avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Blue Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28* View Post
Coburn + Voracek/Simmonds/Read + 2nd for Tarasenko?
I don't think our calder canidate is moving for that or for anything at this moment in time

Blue Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:34 PM
orange is better
Lattelepjandi lopatr

Let's see how tarasenko does when teams start focusing on him and shutting him down before we start throwing the kitchen sink out for him. He's no doubt a good player but he's played what? A dozen games? Blues shouldn't want to move him and No one should want to give up what it would take at this point

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:54 PM
SheasRebellion6

STL:
Coburn
Meszaros
Briere

PHI:
Shattenkirk
Stewart

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Hooliganx3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post
STL:
Coburn
Meszaros
Briere

PHI:
Shattenkirk
Stewart
Huge no for St Louis Shattenkirk is not available and they would only need Coburn, Briere's contract and NTC pretty much make him a no go for St Louis. 6.5 million the next two season in real cash just does not work for St Louis.

Hooliganx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

I'd love for the Flyers to nab Stewart.

Man but i don't think the flyers part with Coburn. Our defense is spotty enough as it already is. Getting rid of Coburn means more minutes for Timonen and Schenn.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:00 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
STL:
Coburn
Meszaros
Briere

PHI:
Shattenkirk
Stewart
I think Coburn's value is similar to Shattenkirk, maybe slightly less - but certainly not enough to offset Briere + Meszaros for Stewart. That's robbery.

I think Meszaros needs to drop, and picks to even out. Even if you were to consider Coburn + Briere for Shattekirk(which is certainly not true), Stewart isn't worth Meszaros.

But, I could be convinced if it was Briere + Coburn for Shattenkirk + Stewart, with picks evening out, or fringe players added as needed to round out rosters.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Hooliganx3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
I think Coburn's value is similar to Shattenkirk, maybe slightly less - but certainly not enough to offset Briere + Meszaros for Stewart. That's robbery.

I think Meszaros needs to drop, and picks to even out. Even if you were to consider Coburn + Briere for Shattekirk(which is certainly not true), Stewart isn't worth Meszaros.

But, I could be convinced if it was Briere + Coburn for Shattenkirk + Stewart, with picks evening out, or fringe players added as needed to round out rosters.
Briere makes 6.5 million a season he's overpaid by 2 million a season he really is not an option for St Louis.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Briere makes 6.5 million a season he's overpaid by 2 million a season he really is not an option for St Louis.
Briere is making 7 mil this year in real salary and after that just 5 mil total for the next two years even though his cap hit is 6.5. St Louis is no real danger of being over the cap so he would be a bargain for them.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Hooliganx3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Briere is making 7 mil this year in real salary and after that just 5 mil total for the next two years even though his cap hit is 6.5. St Louis is no real danger of being over the cap so he would be a bargain for them.
St Louis has an internal budget. Briere is 35 years old. He will not be a bargain at 5 million for the next 2 seasons. The Blues have to resign Pietrangelo. Moving Shattenkirk is not an option. The Blues are not moving a defenseman for a defenseman that is lateral at best in this case it would be downgrading the defense IMO. Personally I would not trade Stewart for Briere straight up he's 10 years younger then Briere and is currently out playing Briere. Also the Blues have Berglund and Backes as their top 2 centers I really don't think Briere currently is an upgrade over those 2 so we would be paying 5 million a season for a 3rd line center. And we would have downgraded our defense. And potentially our offense if Stewart continues to outplay Briere.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Falco Lombardi
AKA Dolph Ziggler

vCash: 103
Kevin Shattenkirk isn't available at this point.

If the Blues are going to make a trade, it will involve wingers (Perron?) or defenseman not named Petro/Shatty.

Falco Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Parayko Physics
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post

I'm sure you would be. Even if all players have close to equal value, Philly gets the 2 youngest assets. You trade a 36 year old center and a 28 year old defensive D-man, for a 26 year old goal scorer and a 24 year old offensive D-man. Where would the incentive be for the blues to do that trade if all the players are similar talent wise?

Parayko Physics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:32 PM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
The value is pretty fair but Philly can't part with Coburn.

Coburn is likely the only d-man the Blues would have interest in on the Flyers. Perhaps Meszaros. Is he very physical?
I am definitely a fan of Perron but nowadays defenders have higher value than forwards. So yeah Perron + would have to be the case. But flyers actually have more holes than a scoring winger. Coburn is out best skating defender doubt he gets moved unless its an overpayment.

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Parayko Physics
Trap = 4 letter word

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
St Louis has an internal budget. Briere is 35 years old. He will not be a bargain at 5 million for the next 2 seasons. The Blues have to resign Pietrangelo. Moving Shattenkirk is not an option. The Blues are not moving a defenseman for a defenseman that is lateral at best in this case it would be downgrading the defense IMO. Personally I would not trade Stewart for Briere straight up he's 10 years younger then Briere and is currently out playing Briere. Also the Blues have Berglund and Backes as their top 2 centers I really don't think Briere currently is an upgrade over those 2 so we would be paying 5 million a season for a 3rd line center. And we would have downgraded our defense. And potentially our offense if Stewart continues to outplay Briere.
I agree with most of what you are saying, but you misunderstood his comment on the 5 mil for the next 2 seasons. Briere will make 5 mil total for the next 2 seasons (3 mil and 2 mil), so his salary would be workable for the blues. Only way I'd be interested in Briere would be if it was for picks/prospects though.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:33 PM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
STL:
Coburn
Meszaros
Briere

PHI:
Shattenkirk
Stewart
As a flyers fan you should be ashamed for making that trad offer.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:36 PM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
STL:
Coburn
Meszaros
Briere

PHI:
Shattenkirk
Stewart
So does no one on this board know how good Briere is in the playoffs? He leads all active players in playoff points. In my opinion cap-hit aside he has a higher value than all the players involved. If his cap hit wasn't so high this trade would be a joke.

I would ask for more than Stewart for sure. If the flyers a trying to get rid of salary is the only way this trade is possible. I also doubt that any team wants to take on more salary at this point with the cap going down.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Parayko Physics
Trap = 4 letter word

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey View Post
So does no one on this board know how good Briere is in the playoffs? He leads all active players in playoff points. In my opinion cap-hit aside he has a higher value than all the players involved. If his cap hit wasn't so high this trade would be a joke.
Well, his cap hit is going to be a huge factor. How many playoff caliber teams are going to have the cap space to add Briere when the cap drops? Plus he has a NMC so he'd probably only want to go to a true contender if he was forced to move. That limits the amount of partners immensely. I know how good Briere is in the playoffs, but can you guarantee me that he'll be just as good, on a team in a new conference, at age 37 and 38?