HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikael Granlund V

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 07:39 AM
  #626
Fallenity
Registered User
 
Fallenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,202
vCash: 500
I think you can't really compare Koivu and Granlund, because the challenges the two faced coming into the NHL are completely different. Koivu has never had to struggle with his size for example.

Also it's hard to compare the Finnish League stats of the two, because in Koivu's time the league was a lot more competitive then in Granlunds time due to the KHL. I believe Granlund will be a good player in this league, but to expect a similar career progression as Koivu is rather foolish.

Also I think the writer comparing Gabby and Granlund was trying to describe them both as a exciting and valuable players, not as players of similar styles.

Fallenity is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:32 AM
  #627
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 500
see as of now he's an even in +/-, if his avg was worse then -3 he'd be in a bigger hole.


Last edited by Fel 96: 03-06-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Qdp
forthewild is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:51 AM
  #628
QnebO
Registered User
 
QnebO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 5,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post

see as of now he's an even in +/-, if his avg was worse then -3 he'd be in a bigger hole.
There was a clearly a good point in he's message, thought: Gabranth was able to count down to 3 of minuses, which is above hes average performance.

QnebO is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:26 PM
  #629
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,062
vCash: 500
thought he had another solid game against Chicago. Like others have said if he continues to get 1-2 good chances a game for himself and set up another 2-3 more the points will come. So far he's done that.

Definetely been one of our top 3-4 forwards the last 3 games he's played in.(Yes even without a point)

Beegoalie is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:10 PM
  #630
Goldmember
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
I like to read this forum especially when I am unable to see the game live. I trust that I can get good picture of what happened on ice.

When it comes to Granlund it seems the stories are extreme(postive or negative).

So was Granlund the reason for those goals scored against their line?
I dont know, because havent seen the game(problems with gamecenter).
But I would like to know.

I write also in Wild-forum and was wondering that Mikael`s situation reminds me a bit of Ville Leinos in Buffalo.
Leino was amazing playing as a winger in Philly but when he went to Buffalo to play as a center(he played center before Philly) it was a disaster! Both Mikael and Ville are creative playmakers with not so good defensively-skills.
I am just saying I am starting to think Mikael might not have a future as a center in NHL.
Dont know will Wild want to play him as a winger..

Goldmember is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:09 PM
  #631
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,914
vCash: 500
That line really struggled to get the puck into the offensive zone and keep it for any stretch of time. Was not just Granlund. There's no speed on that line. Worth keeping an eye on.

Jarick is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:13 PM
  #632
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,914
vCash: 500
Right now although Bouchard hasn't outplayed Granlund, I would lean towards playing Granlund in Houston until the team can move Bouchard. They are redundant in the roles they play and the skills they have.

Jarick is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:02 PM
  #633
Goldmember
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Thanks for the answer Jarick!

PMB and MG are very similar players.
Houston would be good.

I presume that when MG starts playing his game it is gona be whit Coyle and Zucker. But not today...

Goldmember is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:04 PM
  #634
ThatGuy22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmember View Post
I like to read this forum especially when I am unable to see the game live. I trust that I can get good picture of what happened on ice.

When it comes to Granlund it seems the stories are extreme(postive or negative).

So was Granlund the reason for those goals scored against their line?
I dont know, because havent seen the game(problems with gamecenter).
But I would like to know.

I write also in Wild-forum and was wondering that Mikael`s situation reminds me a bit of Ville Leinos in Buffalo.
Leino was amazing playing as a winger in Philly but when he went to Buffalo to play as a center(he played center before Philly) it was a disaster! Both Mikael and Ville are creative playmakers with not so good defensively-skills.
I am just saying I am starting to think Mikael might not have a future as a center in NHL.
Dont know will Wild want to play him as a winger..
Two of the three Granlund had nothing to do with. Terrible turnover's by the D led to odd man rushes and goals.

The first goal by Bryan Bickell he could have stopped. He was covering for Spurgeon(who was running around chasing the puck) on the blindside of the net. Shot came from far side and rebound bounced towards him and Bickell. He went for the shot block as opposed to taking the man or the puck. Videos Here

ThatGuy22 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:17 PM
  #635
Tuomaz
Registered User
 
Tuomaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Cape Verde
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Right now although Bouchard hasn't outplayed Granlund, I would lean towards playing Granlund in Houston until the team can move Bouchard. They are redundant in the roles they play and the skills they have.
Can Wild afford to not play granlund though? Every game is so important for playoff race and atm granlund>>bouchard it's not even that close.

Tuomaz is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:35 PM
  #636
Gaps
Registered User
 
Gaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
Two of the three Granlund had nothing to do with. Terrible turnover's by the D led to odd man rushes and goals.

The first goal by Bryan Bickell he could have stopped. He was covering for Spurgeon(who was running around chasing the puck) on the blindside of the net. Shot came from far side and rebound bounced towards him and Bickell. He went for the shot block as opposed to taking the man or the puck. Videos Here
I agree. Bickell's 1st goal was a result of Granlund making the wrong choice. Happens to everyone, but rookies in particular, unfortunately it led to a goal this time around. There was nothing he could've done to stop the other two goals, though, the defensive plays there were atrocious.

Gaps is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:24 PM
  #637
bear1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
Can Wild afford to not play granlund though? Every game is so important for playoff race and atm granlund>>bouchard it's not even that close.
Would they miss him? Hes not putting pucks in the net and not even helping to keep them out. To me thats a big liability that we dont need.

bear1 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:47 PM
  #638
Wildfish
Registered User
 
Wildfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Siberia, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
thought he had another solid game against Chicago.
The game where he was -3 and his line plus Backstrom totally lost the game? Is this supposed to be in green?

So can this kid ever have a bad game on this board? Tough to be worse than -3 in a game!

Wildfish is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:56 PM
  #639
anx
nibedi*****
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfish View Post
The game where he was -3 and his line plus Backstrom totally lost the game? Is this supposed to be in green?

So can this kid ever have a bad game on this board? Tough to be worse than -3 in a game!
having -3 on a game doesn't always tell the whole truth.. especially when two of the goals came from turnovers by the D.. the third goal he was trying to be the goalie when Backstrom lost the puck and was out of position after giving a bad rebound. That being said I feel he could have helped the D better on those goals than he did and certainly still has much to learn.. but that -3 was more because of the D and Backs I think

Not saying he or the line played great but I felt they did fine.. unlucky to not get points.

anx is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 09:12 PM
  #640
bear1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
The kid did nothing! If he was not a high draft pick and touted so highly by the wild he would all ready be gone. I want him to work out we cant afford another waste of a first rounder.

bear1 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 09:15 PM
  #641
TwInS1095
Registered User
 
TwInS1095's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anx View Post
having -3 on a game doesn't always tell the whole truth.. especially when two of the goals came from turnovers by the D.. the third goal he was trying to be the goalie when Backstrom lost the puck and was out of position after giving a bad rebound. That being said I feel he could have helped the D better on those goals than he did and certainly still has much to learn.. but that -3 was more because of the D and Backs I think

Not saying he or the line played great but I felt they did fine.. unlucky to not get points.

Two of the goals were 100% on the defense and the forwards could do nothing about it. Nothing.

TwInS1095 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 09:15 PM
  #642
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 16,028
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
The kid did nothing! If he was not a high draft pick and touted so highly by the wild he would all ready be gone. I want him to work out we cant afford another waste of a first rounder.
19 games?

Bust!

Minnesota is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 09:24 PM
  #643
bear1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Thats not what I said but right now he doesnt belong in the NHL. I do have my doubts he will ever make it I hope Im wrong.

bear1 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 09:25 PM
  #644
melinko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 3,875
vCash: 500
People that say he was -3 so he sucked are delusional, he only had a chance to change something on 1 goal and he was playing goalie in front of an empty net on that one.

That was probably his 2nd best game with the Wild.

melinko is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 09:44 PM
  #645
Sportsfan1
Registered User
 
Sportsfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,897
vCash: 500
Granlund DID NOT play his 2nd best game last night, he was in fact terrible but so was every other Wild player so I hardly blame him. Kid got to learn hard way from the best in the Hawks right now.

The thing is I'm all for breaking up that line more so for the reason I HATE Bouchard actually on this team. However, if Yeo rolls Clutteruck and Brodziak again we CANNOT keep playing Granlund on the 4th line. Time to permanenly play top 6 for him or get time in the minors. NO MORE can he play 4th line minutes.

Sportsfan1 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:09 AM
  #646
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,914
vCash: 500
Had a dream Granlund was sent down. Woke up and was disappointed that he wasn't.

Jarick is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:12 AM
  #647
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 16,028
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Had a dream Granlund was sent down. Woke up and was disappointed that he wasn't.
I had a dream that I was preparing for an interview and realized my tie was made out of paper.

This symbolizes Granlund's margin for error in these next few games. If he doesn't keep improving, he'll likely get the Kadri treatment.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:23 AM
  #648
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I had a dream that I was preparing for an interview and realized my tie was made out of paper.

This symbolizes Granlund's margin for error in these next few games. If he doesn't keep improving, he'll likely get the Kadri treatment.
Worked out for him so far, PPG and a huge plus player

forthewild is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:33 AM
  #649
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,914
vCash: 500
Really? Putting Kadri in the minors didn't completely destroy his confidence? He didn't pick up bad habits? How is that possible???


Jarick is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:36 AM
  #650
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Really? Putting Kadri in the minors didn't completely destroy his confidence? He didn't pick up bad habits? How is that possible???

Honestly this is so true, i think problem number one with MiG was him being slotted as the number 2 center before playing in NA. Then its not like he had linemates to protect him at all and given the lack of training camp and guys playing slow made it worse. If MiG is sent down and cries he can go **** a dog, man up and play the damn game don't whine.

forthewild is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.