Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikael Granlund V

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Fallenity

vCash: 500
I think you can't really compare Koivu and Granlund, because the challenges the two faced coming into the NHL are completely different. Koivu has never had to struggle with his size for example.

Also it's hard to compare the Finnish League stats of the two, because in Koivu's time the league was a lot more competitive then in Granlunds time due to the KHL. I believe Granlund will be a good player in this league, but to expect a similar career progression as Koivu is rather foolish.

Also I think the writer comparing Gabby and Granlund was trying to describe them both as a exciting and valuable players, not as players of similar styles.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:32 AM
forthewild

see as of now he's an even in +/-, if his avg was worse then -3 he'd be in a bigger hole.

Last edited by Fel 96: 03-06-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Qdp
Old
03-06-2013, 08:51 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post

see as of now he's an even in +/-, if his avg was worse then -3 he'd be in a bigger hole.
There was a clearly a good point in he's message, thought: Gabranth was able to count down to 3 of minuses, which is above hes average performance.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Beegoalie

thought he had another solid game against Chicago. Like others have said if he continues to get 1-2 good chances a game for himself and set up another 2-3 more the points will come. So far he's done that.

Definetely been one of our top 3-4 forwards the last 3 games he's played in.(Yes even without a point)

Old
03-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Goldmember

I like to read this forum especially when I am unable to see the game live. I trust that I can get good picture of what happened on ice.

When it comes to Granlund it seems the stories are extreme(postive or negative).

So was Granlund the reason for those goals scored against their line?
I dont know, because havent seen the game(problems with gamecenter).
But I would like to know.

I write also in Wild-forum and was wondering that Mikael`s situation reminds me a bit of Ville Leinos in Buffalo.
Leino was amazing playing as a winger in Philly but when he went to Buffalo to play as a center(he played center before Philly) it was a disaster! Both Mikael and Ville are creative playmakers with not so good defensively-skills.
I am just saying I am starting to think Mikael might not have a future as a center in NHL.
Dont know will Wild want to play him as a winger..

Old
03-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

That line really struggled to get the puck into the offensive zone and keep it for any stretch of time. Was not just Granlund. There's no speed on that line. Worth keeping an eye on.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Right now although Bouchard hasn't outplayed Granlund, I would lean towards playing Granlund in Houston until the team can move Bouchard. They are redundant in the roles they play and the skills they have.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Goldmember

Thanks for the answer Jarick!

PMB and MG are very similar players.
Houston would be good.

I presume that when MG starts playing his game it is gona be whit Coyle and Zucker. But not today...

Old
03-06-2013, 04:04 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmember View Post
I like to read this forum especially when I am unable to see the game live. I trust that I can get good picture of what happened on ice.

When it comes to Granlund it seems the stories are extreme(postive or negative).

So was Granlund the reason for those goals scored against their line?
I dont know, because havent seen the game(problems with gamecenter).
But I would like to know.

I write also in Wild-forum and was wondering that Mikael`s situation reminds me a bit of Ville Leinos in Buffalo.
Leino was amazing playing as a winger in Philly but when he went to Buffalo to play as a center(he played center before Philly) it was a disaster! Both Mikael and Ville are creative playmakers with not so good defensively-skills.
I am just saying I am starting to think Mikael might not have a future as a center in NHL.
Dont know will Wild want to play him as a winger..
Two of the three Granlund had nothing to do with. Terrible turnover's by the D led to odd man rushes and goals.

The first goal by Bryan Bickell he could have stopped. He was covering for Spurgeon(who was running around chasing the puck) on the blindside of the net. Shot came from far side and rebound bounced towards him and Bickell. He went for the shot block as opposed to taking the man or the puck. Videos Here

Old
03-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Right now although Bouchard hasn't outplayed Granlund, I would lean towards playing Granlund in Houston until the team can move Bouchard. They are redundant in the roles they play and the skills they have.
Can Wild afford to not play granlund though? Every game is so important for playoff race and atm granlund>>bouchard it's not even that close.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
Two of the three Granlund had nothing to do with. Terrible turnover's by the D led to odd man rushes and goals.

The first goal by Bryan Bickell he could have stopped. He was covering for Spurgeon(who was running around chasing the puck) on the blindside of the net. Shot came from far side and rebound bounced towards him and Bickell. He went for the shot block as opposed to taking the man or the puck. Videos Here
I agree. Bickell's 1st goal was a result of Granlund making the wrong choice. Happens to everyone, but rookies in particular, unfortunately it led to a goal this time around. There was nothing he could've done to stop the other two goals, though, the defensive plays there were atrocious.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:24 PM
bear1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
Can Wild afford to not play granlund though? Every game is so important for playoff race and atm granlund>>bouchard it's not even that close.
Would they miss him? Hes not putting pucks in the net and not even helping to keep them out. To me thats a big liability that we dont need.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Wildfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
thought he had another solid game against Chicago.
The game where he was -3 and his line plus Backstrom totally lost the game? Is this supposed to be in green?

So can this kid ever have a bad game on this board? Tough to be worse than -3 in a game!

Old
03-06-2013, 08:56 PM
anx
nibedi*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfish View Post
The game where he was -3 and his line plus Backstrom totally lost the game? Is this supposed to be in green?

So can this kid ever have a bad game on this board? Tough to be worse than -3 in a game!
having -3 on a game doesn't always tell the whole truth.. especially when two of the goals came from turnovers by the D.. the third goal he was trying to be the goalie when Backstrom lost the puck and was out of position after giving a bad rebound. That being said I feel he could have helped the D better on those goals than he did and certainly still has much to learn.. but that -3 was more because of the D and Backs I think

Not saying he or the line played great but I felt they did fine.. unlucky to not get points.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:12 PM
bear1

The kid did nothing! If he was not a high draft pick and touted so highly by the wild he would all ready be gone. I want him to work out we cant afford another waste of a first rounder.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:15 PM
TwInS1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by anx View Post
having -3 on a game doesn't always tell the whole truth.. especially when two of the goals came from turnovers by the D.. the third goal he was trying to be the goalie when Backstrom lost the puck and was out of position after giving a bad rebound. That being said I feel he could have helped the D better on those goals than he did and certainly still has much to learn.. but that -3 was more because of the D and Backs I think

Not saying he or the line played great but I felt they did fine.. unlucky to not get points.

Two of the goals were 100% on the defense and the forwards could do nothing about it. Nothing.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
The kid did nothing! If he was not a high draft pick and touted so highly by the wild he would all ready be gone. I want him to work out we cant afford another waste of a first rounder.
19 games?

Bust!

Old
03-06-2013, 09:24 PM
bear1

Thats not what I said but right now he doesnt belong in the NHL. I do have my doubts he will ever make it I hope Im wrong.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:25 PM
melinko

People that say he was -3 so he sucked are delusional, he only had a chance to change something on 1 goal and he was playing goalie in front of an empty net on that one.

That was probably his 2nd best game with the Wild.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Sportsfan1

Granlund DID NOT play his 2nd best game last night, he was in fact terrible but so was every other Wild player so I hardly blame him. Kid got to learn hard way from the best in the Hawks right now.

The thing is I'm all for breaking up that line more so for the reason I HATE Bouchard actually on this team. However, if Yeo rolls Clutteruck and Brodziak again we CANNOT keep playing Granlund on the 4th line. Time to permanenly play top 6 for him or get time in the minors. NO MORE can he play 4th line minutes.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Had a dream Granlund was sent down. Woke up and was disappointed that he wasn't.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Had a dream Granlund was sent down. Woke up and was disappointed that he wasn't.
I had a dream that I was preparing for an interview and realized my tie was made out of paper.

This symbolizes Granlund's margin for error in these next few games. If he doesn't keep improving, he'll likely get the Kadri treatment.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:23 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I had a dream that I was preparing for an interview and realized my tie was made out of paper.

This symbolizes Granlund's margin for error in these next few games. If he doesn't keep improving, he'll likely get the Kadri treatment.
Worked out for him so far, PPG and a huge plus player

Old
03-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Really? Putting Kadri in the minors didn't completely destroy his confidence? He didn't pick up bad habits? How is that possible???

Old
03-08-2013, 10:36 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Really? Putting Kadri in the minors didn't completely destroy his confidence? He didn't pick up bad habits? How is that possible???

Honestly this is so true, i think problem number one with MiG was him being slotted as the number 2 center before playing in NA. Then its not like he had linemates to protect him at all and given the lack of training camp and guys playing slow made it worse. If MiG is sent down and cries he can go **** a dog, man up and play the damn game don't whine.

Closed Thread