Mikael Granlund V

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Hagged

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrosseguy View Post
For me, Larssonis and always has been a prospect I like more.
Add to that the whiny nature of Granlund and it's obvious he should get traded. He could still fetch a late first round pick and the 2013 draft is deep.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Lapa

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkine View Post
Add to that the whiny nature of Granlund and it's obvious he should get traded. He could still fetch a late first round pick and the 2013 draft is deep.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:03 AM
QnebO

Quote:
And add to that he'z big size and its more and more obviouse, we dont need those 6'4 big grinders like Granlund anymore in the league. 1+1=5.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Whiny? You're trolling.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Emilie

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA.

Cause the kid has whined or complained AT ALL.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Emilie

Russo is/was on Beyond the Pond this morning. He basically said that Granlunds play hasn't been impressive this year because he keeps getting put on lines with players that aren't playing well (and called out PMB and Heatley by name).

Old
03-09-2013, 10:36 AM
mikko1995

Guys, I'm pretty sure Henkine was being sarcastic.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:56 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikko1995 View Post
Guys, I'm pretty sure Henkine was being sarcastic.
Actually.. Now when you say it...

And I already accidentally the whole guy.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Sportserie

I will be pissed if he's scratched tonight. I do not know what Yeo is doing. I am not sold on Coyle yet he's on the first line yet Granlund still exists with the Wild but he's scratched every two seconds and when he's not scratched he's thrown on 3rd and 4th lines. Bunk.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Emilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
I will be pissed if he's scratched tonight. I do not know what Yeo is doing. I am not sold on Coyle yet he's on the first line yet Granlund still exists with the Wild but he's scratched every two seconds and when he's not scratched he's thrown on 3rd and 4th lines. Bunk.
Be prepared to be pissed

Old
03-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Sportserie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilie View Post
Be prepared to be pissed
I heard. Ahhhh

Old
03-09-2013, 12:22 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 50
WTF is going on with Yeo's decisions on this. Geesus... Just send the kid to Houston. He needs to ****ing play. He's also just had one of his best games, yet he gets scratched again... Nice message.

Like Coyle deserves to be on the top line. That line has done absolutely nothing with him up there, and we defintely have a large enough sample size. Give Granlund a shot up there. Let him play, for once, with competent linemates.

Yeo's pissing me off now... I didn't want to be against him, but I don't trust his decision making anymore.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Emilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
WTF is going on with Yeo's decisions on this. Geesus... Just send the kid to Houston. He needs to ****ing play. He's also just had one of his best games, yet he gets scratched again... Nice message.

Like Coyle deserves to be on the top line. That line has done absolutely nothing with him up there, and we defintely have a large enough sample size. Give Granlund a shot up there. Let him play, for once, with competent linemates.

Yeo's pissing me off now... I didn't want to be against him, but I don't trust his decision making anymore.
I agree with Coyle. He's going to be GREAT...someday. But not this season. He's just not ready. He doesn't know how to use his body to his full benefit, and he still looks really unsure of himself. I was hopeful that they would send him back down after Cal came back. Maybe tonight they'll send him to Charlotte (the Aeros are playing tonight/tomorrow there).

Old
03-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Dr Jan Itor

This Granlund thing is starting to look eerily familiar, as in Risebrough/Lemaire/Pouliot familiar. I think they've effed this up from the beginning.

They wanted him to start at the #2C, that's fine, but the minute that they lost confidence in that, he should've been moved to Mikko's wing. If he couldn't cut it there, he goes back to Houston. This 3rd line, 4th line, scratch, 3rd line, 3rd line, scratch B.S. isn't doing anybody any good.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:42 PM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
This Granlund thing is starting to look eerily familiar, as in Risebrough/Lemaire/Pouliot familiar. I think they've effed this up from the beginning.

They wanted him to start at the #2C, that's fine, but the minute that they lost confidence in that, he should've been moved to Mikko's wing. If he couldn't cut it there, he goes back to Houston. This 3rd line, 4th line, scratch, 3rd line, 3rd line, scratch B.S. isn't doing anybody any good.
My sentiments exactly. Makes me kinda sad about the whole situation.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:47 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post

Agreed.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Granlund is not a top five forward on this team right now.

Parise
Koivu
Cullen
Setoguchi
Zucker
Brodziak
Heatley

All those guys are ahead of him.

He's maybe even with Bouchard?
No way..not in the last 3-5 games which I believe was the comment made.

The fact is he doesn't deserve to get scratched over a few of the players he has been getting scratched in favor of.

I do agree with you that if he's not playing he needs to get down to Houston. I don't think many would disagree.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
woah woah woah...are you saying Granlund is better than Heatley? Heatley who is leading the team in goals? That Heatley?

But Rynryn we all know Heatley sucks! Too slow! Washed Up! Slower than molasses in January. Cut him trade him to New Jersey for a 5th rounder!!

(do this in Wild PA announcer voice) scoooooring for Minnesotaaaaaa his team leading 9th of the year Dannnnnyyy Heatleeeeeey.

-**** he's leading the team in goals?? Keep him! He's the man!

and two games later start the cycle again.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Beegoalie

I think just about all of us can agree on a few things here.

Give Granlund the shot Coyle has with Koivu and Parise and he would thrive.

If your going to scratch him and play him in 3rd/4th line minutes send him to Houston to dominate the AHL.

Now the question is why in the Hell doesn't Yeo see this?? I wonder if theres something going on behind the scenes where Granlund would go back to Finland if he can't stick with the Wild. Hopefully this isn't the case though. He seems like too good of a kid for that to be true.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Now the question is why in the Hell doesn't Yeo see this?? I wonder if theres something going on behind the scenes where Granlund would go back to Finland if he can't stick with the Wild. Hopefully this isn't the case though. He seems like too good of a kid for that to be true.
There's no way this is about something like that. It's got to be something else. I don't know what, but Granlund's not like that at all.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:14 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:

If your going to scratch him and play him in 3rd/4th line minutes send him to Houston to dominate the AHL.

I don't think so on this.

The kid is a warrior. You can see that in the way he plays, even when it's on the fourth line, and you see it in his interviews. He's not whiney or entitled. If he went back to Finland, he would be admitting defeat and acting very entitled, both of which go against everything he has shown so far.

If he were whiney and entitled, I believe we would have seen at least some sign of it so far.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Emilie

Quote:

I haven't had a whole lot of interaction with Granlund, but other writers who have had a ton have said this would be completely out of character for him. The little I have had backs this up. Not to mention, it would be a breach of his contract with the Wild to go back to Finland in that scenario. And make other teams less likely to want to sign him in the future.

My guess (and I'll be upfront that I don't know anything other than speculation on my part) is that there's something the Wild want him to be doing with his game that he isn't doing right now. Maybe he's a visual learner, and having him in the box being able to watch it in real time helps him. Or maybe he's got some nagging injury that they don't want to announce because it's not really a problem, it just flares up. IDK...like I said, those are the only things I can come up with.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Kaptain
I am Jax

What the **** is Yeo thinking?
I just don't understand..........if Granlund was doing bad, send him to Houston. But he wasn't, he's coming off of his two best games. And now he ****ing scratches him? For who? Kenopka?
Unbelievable.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:30 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Hahaa, no he isn't coming back to Finland.

Firstly, he's not that kind of guy.

Secondly, there's nothing here for him anymore. HIFK is struggling big time.. plus their current coach... well. I don't know how to say it politely enough (may be some fans here). Well, let's say.. there's a small possibility that this former professional ice hockey player can make his team actually play very well (short term). -> Long term.. one helluva destruction, burned bridges plus a stack of broken souls and relationships.

On a second thought.. Yeo treats him well enough for sure

Old
03-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
There's no way this is about something like that. It's got to be something else. I don't know what, but Granlund's not like that at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
I don't think so on this.

The kid is a warrior. You can see that in the way he plays, even when it's on the fourth line, and you see it in his interviews. He's not whiney or entitled. If he went back to Finland, he would be admitting defeat and acting very entitled, both of which go against everything he has shown so far.

If he were whiney and entitled, I believe we would have seen at least some sign of it so far.
I tend to agree..As you can see in my post I mentioned that at the end. Im more thinking about Yeo and how he has handled it. I believe in Granlund and all signs point to him being a real character kid leading me to believe this isn't the case.

But at some point there has to be an explanation for Yeo not playing him on that top line over Coyle. or the scratch fest that has been going on. Something has to be a factor in that I don't think Yeo is simply just making that poor of decisions.

Closed Thread