Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Should Mikael play in the NHL?

Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe []
Ftfy.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:36 PM
JamesRanger

vCash: 500
Nice message for Granlund. He was playing quite well and gets scratched for two games in a row. Maybe he needs to play poorly like Brodziak. That seems to be the only way to get in the line up.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRanger View Post
Nice message for Granlund. He was playing quite well and gets scratched for two games in a row. Maybe he needs to play poorly like Brodziak. That seems to be the only way to get in the line up.
I think they're sending Granlund down soon. Could be before the next game. We'll see him again at some point I'm sure.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:22 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Coyle getting the preferential treatment over Granlund still miffs me, but with the Wild finally finding the winning stride, guess it just has to be what it is. Besides, I never considered Granlund the ultimate better choice, more like an interchangeable one. Similar results achieved in a bit different manner.

Anyway, the kid still needs to play. So just send him to Houston.

Last edited by FiLe: 03-11-2013 at 01:52 AM.
Old
03-11-2013, 12:57 AM
behemolari

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Coyle getting the prefential treatment over Granlund still miffs me, but with the Wild finally finding the winning stride, guess it just has to be what it is. Besides, I never considered Granlund the ultimate better choice, more like an interchangeable one. Similar results achieved in a bit different manner.

Anyway, the kid still needs to play. So just send him to Houston.
This whole treatment of Mig and total forward situation is just too disgusting to watch. For his sake hope to see him traded away soon. I'm sure theres at least couple of GMs already hunting for him, like Kekalainen who is rebuilding.

His stats are as good as 1st line when relative to icetime, as he has played mainly 4th line with grinders thats not bad at all.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...7+17+18+19+20#

Last edited by behemolari: 03-11-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Old
03-11-2013, 01:23 AM
Sportsfan1

Really hope people aren't worried here, for the first time in organization history I have complete faith in what they are doing. Even if (and I do hope so when) they send Granlund down, he will be back soon and trust me, he'll be just fine and all the more better for it.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:29 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I know people want to replace Brodziak right now on the 3rd line but I still question if that would be a good idea? Right now there is no way you break up the top 6. So that leaves the bottom 6 for Granlund to fight for. Brodie has had a terrible year, no doubt with only 3 goals and 2 assists but would Granlund actually fit in on a 3rd line like that?

Old
03-11-2013, 02:34 AM
Henri M

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemolari View Post
This whole treatment of Mig and total forward situation is just too disgusting to watch. For his sake hope to see him traded away soon. I'm sure theres at least couple of GMs already hunting for him, like Kekalainen who is rebuilding.

His stats are as good as 1st line when relative to icetime, as he has played mainly 4th line with grinders thats not bad at all.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...7+17+18+19+20#

I actually sort of agree with you. For Granlunds sake I hope he gets traded, this organization seems to do him no good.
A buddy of mine stated when the Wild drafted Granlund that "it sucks that the Wild system will be bad for him..." I guess he has been right, thus far. Shame.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:37 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

/head desk

I guess if you are going to draft a Finnish Superstar, you also get his fans. Granlund is going to be fine.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:52 AM
Henri M

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
/head desk
Granlund is going to be fine.
Based on what though? Playing 4th line minutes every now and again, or growing in the AHL?

I hope you are right, but I've seen nothing from the Wild that would help him actually grow and improve his play.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:37 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M View Post
Based on what though? Playing 4th line minutes every now and again, or growing in the AHL?

I hope you are right, but I've seen nothing from the Wild that would help him actually grow and improve his play.
Based on the fact that he's been taking step this year. I'm glad we didn't have fans like this back in 2002 when Bouchard was sitting in the box for a good chunk of the season. Or that Koivu got limited to 64 games in his rookie season.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:45 AM
Lapa

vCash: 1250
While I do not agree with Yeo's decisions to scratch him, I also think he will be fine. Granlund is the kind of player that doesn't give up, ever.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:11 AM
urho

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
While I do not agree with Yeo's decisions to scratch him, I also think he will be fine. Granlund is the kind of player that doesn't give up, ever.
I agree. And now that there's no way he's getting traded, he should be sent to Houston. He needs to play NA hockey, he isn't going to develop riding the bike.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:50 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Based on the fact that he's been taking step this year. I'm glad we didn't have fans like this back in 2002 when Bouchard was sitting in the box for a good chunk of the season. Or that Koivu got limited to 64 games in his rookie season.
Now, if Wild was a truly loaded team, I don't think anyone would complain about his treatment and making him work for it. But it's not, despite two bona fide signings in the summer. In fact, there are currently other rookies in the lineup as well. In significant roles.

And once again, it's the treatment of these other guys compared to the one Granlund is currently having that's ticking people off. Coyle and Zucker seem to be getting far more rope from Yeo than Granlund is. They were given stable slots from the boot, while MG gets juggled all over.

So just find a stable slot for Granlund too so he can develop and most of the complaining pipes down. Doesn't matter whether it's with the Wild or in Houston.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:33 AM
forthewild

Jeez people calm down, this isn't a normal year for Wild we have huge expectations to make the playoffs and an angry fanbase, team won on Saturday so lineups remained the same Sunday Yeo and other coaches do this all the time.

I highly doubt despite the fans being irked at the team for the way they have treated Granlund that Fletcher would just watch him waste away. After 3 years of being proved wrong, I fully trust our current general manager to do the right thing with our prospects. While i want to sit here and arm chair GM all day, its clear they picked good in the draft, Coyle is looking like a beast out there and mind you he's still adjusting.

I'll show patience for Granlund as well.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:50 AM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/196803171.html

Quote:
Mikael Granlund has been scratched in four of eight games. He’s struggled to find his right role all year and with all four lines having Yeo’s trust right now, can the Wild continue to scratch him? Or, would it benefit him to send him to Houston so he can play and rediscover his confidence and dominant game?

I asked Yeo in the postgame: “I haven’t had a chance to think about that. I just want to enjoy this one right now,” he said, laughing. “We’re very focused on what is most important for this organization for us right now and for our group right now. But we’re also aware about what’s going on in the future and he’s a big part of our future, a huge part of our future, and we’re definitely aware of that. We’ll do whatever we can to try to help his development, make sure we’re not hurting it in any way.”
"I haven’t had a chance to think about that" sounds quite truthful considering the current situation or am I taking that out of context?

Old
03-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Sportserie

Based on that quote from Yeo I would say there's a strong possibility they are sending him down... however, he is a huge piece to the Wild long term and in a big way. He makes that quite clear as well.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:09 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Justice View Post
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/196803171.html

"I havenít had a chance to think about that" sounds quite truthful considering the current situation or am I taking that out of context?
Probably because the pressure to provide on ice results is quite high for a 2nd year coach in his first pro job. He is focused on winning hockey games and is going to put the guys in the line up who are going to do that, his current roster just won two games vs good teams.

people need to calm down i know everyone here wanted to see Granlund usurp the top center role but I highly doubt this organization is going to let him fade given he was a big selling point this summer.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeo never changes his lineup after a win. Wild were quick to send Larsson and either Coyle or Zucker down between games so they could play, but have not done so with Granlund.

If it's true that he hasn't thought about it, well that's ridiculous. I sure as hell hope he's just deflecting.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:51 AM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Now, if Wild was a truly loaded team, I don't think anyone would complain about his treatment and making him work for it. But it's not, despite two bona fide signings in the summer. In fact, there are currently other rookies in the lineup as well. In significant roles.

And once again, it's the treatment of these other guys compared to the one Granlund is currently having that's ticking people off. Coyle and Zucker seem to be getting far more rope from Yeo than Granlund is. They were given stable slots from the boot, while MG gets juggled all over.

So just find a stable slot for Granlund too so he can develop and most of the complaining pipes down. Doesn't matter whether it's with the Wild or in Houston.
I agree. After last night's game it will be even harder for Granlund to crack the line-up, every line seemed to play well and fill their respective roles. I just wish they'd send Granlund down already, get him going down in the AHL and call him up when they feel he's ready to make a real contribution to the team. He certainly isn't going to do that in the 3rd and 4th lines. Sending him down would also give a temporary closure to this uncertainty surrounding him at the moment.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Zucker is NHL ready right now and has four goals in ten games. Coyle and Granlund are both in the same boat. The only reason Coyle is able to stay in the lineup is he has a size and strength advantage over Granlund. Neither are playing consistently well. Ideally, Bouchard would be playing worth a damn and in the top nine while Coyle and Granlund are in Houston.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:20 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Zucker is NHL ready right now and has four goals in ten games. Coyle and Granlund are both in the same boat. The only reason Coyle is able to stay in the lineup is he has a size and strength advantage over Granlund. Neither are playing consistently well. Ideally, Bouchard would be playing worth a damn and in the top nine while Coyle and Granlund are in Houston.
Coyle had a monster game and is a right handed player who's coming along quite well. His biggest adjustment is learning to use his 220lb Body to do what he did last night. Its one thing to run over people in the AHL/Q and another to do it in the NHL. We're seeing what Coyle is capable off and i think management really likes him too.

Too early to start panicking over Granlund or to make knee jerk reactions, hell Seguin in his rookie year went through his ups and downs.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm pointing out that Zucker isn't in over Granlund because of some favoritism but his play on the ice.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Henri M

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Coyle had a monster game and is a right handed player who's coming along quite well. His biggest adjustment is learning to use his 220lb Body to do what he did last night. Its one thing to run over people in the AHL/Q and another to do it in the NHL. We're seeing what Coyle is capable off and i think management really likes him too.

Too early to start panicking over Granlund or to make knee jerk reactions, hell Seguin in his rookie year went through his ups and downs.
I agree, but at the same time it is quite hard as a Granlund "fan" to accept, never the less appreciate him playing in the AHL. I do not think he really wants to spend time there, and I also believe he would grow much more when having a permanent spot where he can gel with players and a system. So personally I would rather see him traded to a team which knows what to do with him.

Not saying that is going to happen, but I would prefer that over a season or 2 in the AHL, where as fans watching him play would be pretty hard.

So my point is that alot of the angry reactions come from people who are used to seing him play and really like it. So frustration might come from a "conflict of interest", support the Wild or your favorite player...

Old
03-11-2013, 10:45 AM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

I think people just feel that Granlund got a lot less chances than Zucker and especially Coyle. That is where the frustration stems from.

I personally think that Zucker has been great from the get go and really deserves to be up here, no argument there. I actually don't know why Zucker is even in this discussion. Coyle on the other hand I wasn't sold on and I'm still a bit skeptical about him. Coyle's been playing in the 1st line since he got up here. He's been okay there and the team has been winning. In yesterday's game Coyle seemed to finally really find his game and it's even more likely that Yeo will keep that 1st line together. I'm totally fine with that, as well.

Closed Thread