Mikael Granlund V

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 01:17 PM
ThatGuy22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Im not saying I have anything against the wild and I haven't been complaining about the Wilds here. I was just speculating, that maybe they are thinking for trade, because they scratch him two games row but do not send him down.. Maybe they think of trading some one else?

Just wanted to point out that im not here to bash wilds myself and only for granlund's sake..
If they scratch him that first game against Nashville and lose, he is probably in vs Vancouver. If they lose to Vancouver, he probably doesn't get sent down.

The lineup has looked good, and they are winning. But Granlund needs to get in some games. Hell those could be a Kuemperish send down like when they would send him down to the ECHL just to get some starts and he'll be back in a week. Fact is he needs to play.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:20 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
You missed the easiest one. Koivu?
With Risebrough as our GM, Koivu wouldn't have touched the AHL if it weren't for the lockout.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:43 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Granlund finished with 1 assist tonight in his first Aeros game since early January - looked good out there - attacking & skating. #mnwild
Via Joe O'Donnell.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:37 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Game highlights can be found in the Aeros thread for those wondering.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:42 AM
JJTT

who were his linemates?

Old
03-15-2013, 04:58 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Good for MiG..

Keeping him there will only do him good..

Old
03-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

OMG PPG in the AHL he's dominating and picking up bad habits!!!

Old
03-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Hagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
OMG PPG in the AHL he's dominating and picking up bad habits!!!
Too early to call him a bust though based on one game played.

Old
03-15-2013, 11:31 AM
JamesRanger

Oh the guy that was starting to look good in the NHL looks good in the AHL. Shocking development.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:15 PM
GMAN23
My grammer lacks

vCash: 50
This is my first bumpish posted, sorry if it's outta place or already bought up.

I was thinking today. What if Parise and Suter never signed here that would mean the "future" of this team would be all on Granlund shoulders, which it was before the signings. Would he be able to handle it and stay on the Wild as the 2C? We all agree he has the talent to be in a NHL line-up somewhere.

I think the pressure would of been to much for him right now. I think he was feeling it at the beginning of the season when we was second fiddle as the new hope. What would we hardcore fans do if Granlund failed in his first year w/o the signings?

Old
03-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
who were his linemates?
McMillan and Fontaine.

They had some really good shifts and some where they turned it over quite a bit. I am glad that MiG got on the stat sheet but he looked like a perimeter player, stopping his feet, and getting outmuscled on the wall and turning the puck over. Not trying to be a downer but don't want people to look at the stat sheet and think he was dominant or the best player in the games.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Syan Ruter
Snus boogey woogey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN23 View Post
This is my first bumpish posted, sorry if it's outta place or already bought up.

I was thinking today. What if Parise and Suter never signed here that would mean the "future" of this team would be all on Granlund shoulders, which it was before the signings. Would he be able to handle it and stay on the Wild as the 2C? We all agree he has the talent to be in a NHL line-up somewhere.

I think the pressure would of been to much for him right now. I think he was feeling it at the beginning of the season when we was second fiddle as the new hope. What would we hardcore fans do if Granlund failed in his first year w/o the signings?
I feel like the wild would have tried to sign someone else if Granlund wasn't up for the task of logging second line minutes AND being good at it. However, I do think that he would have been more confident with the coaches giving him more time on every special unit and overall just more ice time. That's just me though.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcraig1883 View Post
McMillan and Fontaine.

They had some really good shifts and some where they turned it over quite a bit. I am glad that MiG got on the stat sheet but he looked like a perimeter player, stopping his feet, and getting outmuscled on the wall and turning the puck over. Not trying to be a downer but don't want people to look at the stat sheet and think he was dominant or the best player in the games.
It's pretty hard to imagine anyone thinking that just because he recorded one assist. Still, being PPG in the AHL is not bad production-wise.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
It's pretty hard to imagine anyone thinking that just because he recorded one assist. Still, being PPG in the AHL is not bad production-wise.
Several posters believed otherwise before...so not hard to imagine anyone making that conclusion now.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Several posters believed otherwise before...so not hard to imagine anyone making that conclusion now.
I don't understand why people have such hard time putting things into perspective. It goes both ways, though. No points doesn't have to mean they had a terrible game and getting an assist only tells you that a player did something right, it doesn't say anything about domination.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Hagged

Quote:
McMillan and Fontaine.

They had some really good shifts and some where they turned it over quite a bit. I am glad that MiG got on the stat sheet but he looked like a perimeter player, stopping his feet, and getting outmuscled on the wall and turning the puck over.
I only watched 2 periods but it seemed that Granlund deserves his top six spot in Houston, he doesn't get his spot on the line up only because he is a top prospect. So he definitely wasn't only about perimeter, non-movement, getting outmuscled and turning the puck over. He did many things better than most others in the team.

So black and white these posts about Granlund these days. Or maybe they always have been.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
I don't understand why people have such hard time putting things into perspective. It goes both ways, though. No points doesn't have to mean they had a terrible game and getting an assist only tells you that a player did something right, it doesn't say anything about domination.
Completely agree with your statement.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:47 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkine View Post
I only watched 2 periods but it seemed that Granlund deserves his top six spot in Houston, he doesn't get his spot on the line up only because he is a top prospect. So he definitely wasn't only about perimeter, non-movement, getting outmuscled and turning the puck over. He did many things better than most others in the team.

So black and white these posts about Granlund these days. Or maybe they always have been.
Just giving my opinion based on my observations.

As I continue to watch Aeros games, I will also report what he did well. I am not here to put him down, convince anyone he's a bust, or anything. I think no less of Granlund than I did a year ago...just reporting what I see.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Interesting blurb from Elliotte Friedman

Quote:
20. Dallas Eakins on Jake Gardiner: "We've challenged him to not only be the best player on our team, but the best the player on the ice. He's accepted and embraced that challenge...When he goes back to the NHL, he must not be thinking, 'How am I going to survive these 12 minutes?' but 'I'm going to force them to play me 25 minutes.'"
This is what I've been saying about Granlund. He wasn't playing like a top six scorer, he was playing like a fourth line energy guy. We don't need that. We need him to play himself into a top six, maybe top line role.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:41 PM
HobeyBroten

So is most everyone under the assumption that he just needs more time down to become comfortable and possibly put some LB's on and that next year he will be to where Zucker is currently performing for us?

Old
03-19-2013, 02:52 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Everyone knows I wanted him sent back down before his "rookie" status wore off...

I want the Wild to have two Calder potentials in back to back years. Brodin this year, Granlund next...

Old
03-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Wildfish

Quote:
Just giving my opinion based on my observations.

As I continue to watch Aeros games, I will also report what he did well. I am not here to put him down, convince anyone he's a bust, or anything. I think no less of Granlund than I did a year ago...just reporting what I see.
Thanks, unbiased opinion based on observation would be appreciated. Any time you post anything that isn't glowing praise of MiG you can expect flak from his worshippers, though.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Wildfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobeyBroten View Post
So is most everyone under the assumption that he just needs more time down to become comfortable and possibly put some LB's on and that next year he will be to where Zucker is currently performing for us?
Tough to compare him to Zucker, they're such different players in different roles, but many of us hold the opinion that time to develop in the Minors is exactly what MiG needs right now.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfish View Post
Thanks, unbiased opinion based on observation would be appreciated. Any time you post anything that isn't glowing praise of MiG you can expect flak from his worshippers, though.
The worst offenders should be gone now. This is a thread for Wild fans to talk about Granlund, good and bad.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:30 PM
jimbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobeyBroten View Post
I remember a Russo article with quotes from Granlund saying he needs to adjust to playing on the smaller sized rink. Has less time to make plays than he did over in Europe.

Closed Thread