HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikael Granlund V

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2013, 10:57 AM
  #951
TZM
Par too easy
 
TZM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kerava
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I don't think Coyle is dramatically faster than Koivu. I don't think he's got the hands of Koivu and to be seen about the hockey IQ but he's already got a better shot. He'd be very similar at the center position, which given what we've seen from Koivu, not sure is what we want.

Koivu ~ 15-20 goals 65-70 points
Coyle ~ 20-25 goals 55-60 points

Or at wing ~ 25-30 goals 50-55 points

I just think though Granlund and Coyle could be a real nice pairing out there.

Maybe something like:

Granlund - Koivu - Coyle
Parise - Cullen - Pominville
Would be superb. Or if GMCF could get Weiss or Filppula to put on the first line. That way you could roll 3 lines that bring scoring threat.

Weiss/Filppula/Granlund-Koivu-Coyle

Parise-Cullen-Pomiville

Zucker-Mitchell/Brodz(?)-Seto(?)

x-Konopka-Rupp

TZM is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 11:34 AM
  #952
Dampland
Registered User
 
Dampland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gainfully Employed
Country: United States
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 50
TRADE HIM to some team that still thinks he can play in the NHL, and get some picks.

Dampland is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:01 PM
  #953
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Country: United States
Posts: 24,506
vCash: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Maybe something like:

Granlund - Koivu - Coyle
Parise - Cullen - Pominville
I'd love to see Cullen's speed with Parise.

Granlund and Coyle seem to have chemistry also.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:33 PM
  #954
FVM
Boudreau era is here
 
FVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I just think though Granlund and Coyle could be a real nice pairing out there.

Maybe something like:

Granlund - Koivu - Coyle
Parise - Cullen - Pominville
This looks... brilliant, actually. Can we email Yeo? Granlund and Coyle have great chemistry, as do Granlund and Koivu. First line would have plenty of physical presence (Coyle & Koivu) along with creative, unpredictable offensive catalyst in Granlund. I really want to see this on the ice now.

edit: This could also leave a third line of Zucker-Mitchell-Setoguchi, which would be a real speed demon line. Put Brodziak on the 4th line and we could really roll four lines this year.

FVM is online now  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:36 PM
  #955
Gaps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FVM View Post
This looks... brilliant, actually. Can we email Yeo? Granlund and Coyle have great chemistry, as do Granlund and Koivu. First line would have plenty of physical presence (Coyle & Koivu) along with creative, unpredictable offensive catalyst in Granlund. I really want to see this on the ice now.
I wouldn't mind seeing that either. But I'm not holding my breath on that happening.

Gaps is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:55 PM
  #956
keppel146
We love Bacon
 
keppel146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MinneSOta
Country: United States
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FVM View Post
This looks... brilliant, actually. Can we email Yeo? Granlund and Coyle have great chemistry, as do Granlund and Koivu. First line would have plenty of physical presence (Coyle & Koivu) along with creative, unpredictable offensive catalyst in Granlund. I really want to see this on the ice now.

edit: This could also leave a third line of Zucker-Mitchell-Setoguchi, which would be a real speed demon line. Put Brodziak on the 4th line and we could really roll four lines this year.
agreed. someone find his email

keppel146 is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 02:04 PM
  #957
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,250
vCash: 500
I don't think Yeo will ever do anything to upset The Koivu, so I don't see it happening at all.

Jarick is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 02:14 PM
  #958
OpRedDawn*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,125
vCash: 500
On the lines of

Granlund - Koivu - Coyle
Parise - Cullen - Pominville

I don't mind the second, but that top line would never score. It doesn't have a shooter. If anything, I'd put Poms on that top line, put Seto back on Cullen's wing, and put Coyle on the third

OpRedDawn* is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 04:02 PM
  #959
FVM
Boudreau era is here
 
FVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
On the lines of

Granlund - Koivu - Coyle
Parise - Cullen - Pominville

I don't mind the second, but that top line would never score. It doesn't have a shooter. If anything, I'd put Poms on that top line, put Seto back on Cullen's wing, and put Coyle on the third
It doesn't have a pure shooter type, true, but both Granlund and Coyle can finish around the net. Low number of shots could become a problem, but I've found Granlund to be more aggressive and initiative on the wing so he could step up as a goal scorer too. He has done that before (20 goals in 45 games in his last SM-liiga season).

FVM is online now  
Old
05-13-2013, 05:50 PM
  #960
Scoutguy77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
In his last 9 AHL games, he had 1 goal and that was when the goalie was pulled and we had an extra attacker.
He played big minutes in those games and 1st power play.

Not sure why people STILL want to promote him as a 1st line player at the NHL level, next year.

He like other young players needs more seasoning, other young players are trending up as the year progressed, Granlund was trending downward.

He needs more seasoning at the minor pro level, pure and simple.

Dont blame Yeo, Fletcher or Torch--he simply has to get better. Its up to him, time to man-up.

I have confidence he will Q!

Scoutguy77 is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 06:20 PM
  #961
Jopsey
Registered User
 
Jopsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 859
vCash: 500
I have a feeling Yeo will start the season with Brodziak on the first line cause they are such butt buddies.

Jopsey is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 10:06 PM
  #962
Avder
Animated to Explode
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ¯(°_o)/¯
Country: United States
Posts: 39,070
vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I don't think Coyle is dramatically faster than Koivu. I don't think he's got the hands of Koivu and to be seen about the hockey IQ but he's already got a better shot. He'd be very similar at the center position, which given what we've seen from Koivu, not sure is what we want.

Koivu ~ 15-20 goals 65-70 points
Coyle ~ 20-25 goals 55-60 points

Or at wing ~ 25-30 goals 50-55 points

I just think though Granlund and Coyle could be a real nice pairing out there.

Maybe something like:

Granlund - Koivu - Coyle
Parise - Cullen - Pominville
This is like one of those lightbulb moments you see in cartoons.

Avder is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 02:40 AM
  #963
Puhis
@iPuhis
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 10,592
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
There another hidden plus (which someone else already mentioned):

Zucker - Mitchell - Seto

Not only the fact that everyone on that line is a god damn rocket, but Mitch and Seto are well known BFF, and both can play physical if required. Zucker will add even more speed and goal scoring on that line.

Puhis is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 03:06 AM
  #964
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,961
vCash: 500
Granlund will play his first game of '13 WHC against Latvia tonight at 8:15 PM EET (12:15 PM CST) if anyone is interested.

Haite is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:21 PM
  #965
Lapa
Global Moderator
Party Not Stopping
 
Lapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,798
vCash: 1068
Granlund just scored with a nice wrister on the PP. He seemed surprised nobody came at him like in the NHL

He seems stronger and faster than he did in Finland - you really see it when he's playing on the big ice. He's played well so far.

Lapa is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:21 PM
  #966
Caior89
Registered User
 
Caior89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,513
vCash: 500
Granlund snipes in the PP

Caior89 is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:31 PM
  #967
THEKOSTAJA
Registered User
 
THEKOSTAJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Turku
Country: Finland
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
He seems stronger and faster than he did in Finland - you really see it when he's playing on the big ice. He's played well so far.
Agreed. He is a lot faster actually.

THEKOSTAJA is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:36 PM
  #968
Lapa
Global Moderator
Party Not Stopping
 
Lapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,798
vCash: 1068
Honestly, as some posters have already said, I think Granlund is faster than people think. Thing is that he needs to keep moving his feet.

Lapa is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:37 PM
  #969
Syan Ruter
Snus boogey woogey?
 
Syan Ruter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
Did Granlund get an assist on Salminens goal?

Syan Ruter is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:40 PM
  #970
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan Ruter View Post
Did Granlund get an assist on Salminens goal?
"Should've, could've, would've". Pretty funny no goal call.

E: Oh, if you meant the first goal, then no: 23. SALMINEN Sakari (28. KORPIKOSKI Lauri) (6. MANTYLA Tuukka)

Haite is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:40 PM
  #971
Lapa
Global Moderator
Party Not Stopping
 
Lapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,798
vCash: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan Ruter View Post
Did Granlund get an assist on Salminens goal?
He would have, but the refs decided no goal. Unbelievable.

Lapa is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:44 PM
  #972
Syan Ruter
Snus boogey woogey?
 
Syan Ruter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
"Should've, could've, would've". Pretty funny no goal call.

E: Oh, if you meant the first goal, then no: 23. SALMINEN Sakari (28. KORPIKOSKI Lauri) (6. MANTYLA Tuukka)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
He would have, but the refs decided no goal. Unbelievable.
Thanks guys, hopefully he'll light it up in the third

Syan Ruter is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 01:46 PM
  #973
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat
 
llamapalooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: United States
Posts: 8,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrosseguy View Post
In his last 9 AHL games, he had 1 goal and that was when the goalie was pulled and we had an extra attacker.
He played big minutes in those games and 1st power play.

Not sure why people STILL want to promote him as a 1st line player at the NHL level, next year.

He like other young players needs more seasoning, other young players are trending up as the year progressed, Granlund was trending downward.

He needs more seasoning at the minor pro level, pure and simple.

Dont blame Yeo, Fletcher or Torch--he simply has to get better. Its up to him, time to man-up.

I have confidence he will Q!
I'm actually not convinced it's just a matter of more seasoning. He's got the talent, he's putting on size and speed, and he's already 21. In fact IIRC he looked like he was playing head-and-shoulders above the AHL level during the lockout, and his struggles really only showed up after his injury. I'd be more worried about rebuilding his confidence than seasoning, and I think some time at the NHL level––and none of this healthy scratch/fourth line garbage that Yeo threw at him––might be a better plan, particularly now that he can get a full NHL training camp in to really solidify those lines.

llamapalooza is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 02:38 PM
  #974
Gaps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Granlund was chosen best player of the game for Finland.

Some more Granlund stats from the game:

TOI 16:46
4 SOG
62.5% FO (10W/6L)
Successful passes 20/26


Last edited by Gaps: 05-14-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Adding stats
Gaps is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 03:58 PM
  #975
Puhis
@iPuhis
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 10,592
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Granlund was also switched to the 2nd line during the game, didn't notice exactly when but at least he played in the 3rd between Korpikoski and Salminen.

Puhis is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.