HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Iginla to Detroit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 11:40 AM
  #1
TorontoTrades
Registered User
 
TorontoTrades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,742
vCash: 500
Iginla to Detroit

my buddy is a Wings fan and we were talking hockey last night.. and I was saying Wings need another winger that can score. I think Iggy fits perfectly... put him with Datsyuk.


anyway... would this be enough? too much? too little?


to Detroit:

Iginla

to Calgary:

Filppula
Lashoff (or other D prospect)
1st round pick

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:43 AM
  #2
The Ultimate Warrior
F l a m e s
 
The Ultimate Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,310
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
my buddy is a Wings fan and we were talking hockey last night.. and I was saying Wings need another winger that can score. I think Iggy fits perfectly... put him with Datsyuk.


anyway... would this be enough? too much? too little?


to Detroit:

Iginla

to Calgary:

Filppula
Lashoff (or other D prospect)
1st round pick
Doubt Detroit wants to part from a key roster player....

1st 2013
Sproul/Ouellet
Abdelkader

The Ultimate Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:23 PM
  #3
RedMenace
So Long, and Thanks
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Steve Ott Fan Club
Country: United States
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Doubt Detroit wants to part from a key roster player....

1st 2013
Sproul/Ouellet
Abdelkader
2013 2nd
Franzen
Ouellet
Abdelkader

for

Iginla
Hudler


RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:58 PM
  #4
CaptainCrunch67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,937
vCash: 500
Why would the Flames trade Hudler, and especially no to that package.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:11 PM
  #5
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
my buddy is a Wings fan and we were talking hockey last night.. and I was saying Wings need another winger that can score. I think Iggy fits perfectly... put him with Datsyuk.


anyway... would this be enough? too much? too little?


to Detroit:

Iginla

to Calgary:

Filppula
Lashoff (or other D prospect)
1st round pick
Replace Filppula with a prospect and you're getting close.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:12 PM
  #6
SirPaste
#HitchGonnaHitch
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 13,711
vCash: 150
No, Iginla is not allowed to ever put on a Red Wings jersey

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:14 PM
  #7
solo16
Registered User
 
solo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 3,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Doubt Detroit wants to part from a key roster player....

1st 2013
Sproul/Ouellet
Abdelkader
That is pretty much the deal for both teams. Fair value. Essentially two first round picks and a young roster player. (Ouellet and Sproul are both 2nd rounders who have developed into two of the best Dman prospects in the game). I would say they are both top 15 (maybe higher).

Personally I do not think Detroit bothers with it. Iggy is not the missing piece for this team. He would probably be too expensive to add to this team long term.

The op's proposal is not bad. It would be a straight be a trade and sign for both teams though. Filp resign with Calgary to play with Hudler and Iggy Detroit for Dats. Filp plays quite well with Hudler generally.

Datsyuk Iginla Nyquist
Zetterberg Brunner Franzen
Abdlekader/Cleary Helm Tartar/Bertuzzi/Sammuelson
Tootoo Emmerton/Andersson Cleary/Abdelkader/Tartar/Bertuzzi/Sammuelson

Thats actually not too bad. Solid top 6 and some weapons in the bottom 6 for next year/this year. Filp is getting 5M next year so we could probably squeak Iginla in at 6.5-7M.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:15 PM
  #8
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Doubt Detroit wants to part from a key roster player....

1st 2013
Sproul/Ouellet
Abdelkader
No interest in Abdelkader. He's 25, turning 26 very soon, and has not broken out yet. He's unlikely to do that on the Flames, at this point.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:21 PM
  #9
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,746
vCash: 500
I highly doubt Ouellet goes on Detroit's trade block. Not with the way he's been developing.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:31 PM
  #11
LarKing
Registered User
 
LarKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
Iginla is a hell of a player, but the Wings don't need to be trading prospects and picks for a veteran like Iggy. It's time to get younger.
This. Our offense is fine as it is. No need to give up a big part of our future for Iginla. Any deal that includes Sproul or Ouellet is an easy no from me. Not saying that it isn't fair value, just that it doesn't make sense for Detroit. Those two are going to be a huge part of our future.

LarKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:51 PM
  #12
shultzyfeelinirie20
Registered User
 
shultzyfeelinirie20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
wouldnt trade sproul or oullet for iggy sorry we need our D depth but id do flip and 2nd how old is iggy now anyway he prolly only has a solid 2 or 3 years left of productivity

shultzyfeelinirie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:53 PM
  #13
couture23
Registered User
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,506
vCash: 500
Detroit should be looking towards the future. Iginla doesn't really fit that plan.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:54 PM
  #14
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,626
vCash: 50
Doesn't make much snese Filp can walk at the end of the season doesn't help the rebuild.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:08 PM
  #15
RedMenace
So Long, and Thanks
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Steve Ott Fan Club
Country: United States
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
Why would the Flames trade Hudler, and especially no to that package.
I want him back on the team; I was one of the few who never wanted him to leave in the first place. You guys are reaping the benefits of a player who wasn't utilized properly by Babcock.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:10 PM
  #16
solo16
Registered User
 
solo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 3,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meditating Guru View Post
I want him back on the team; I was one of the few who never wanted him to leave in the first place. You guys are reaping the benefits of a player who wasn't utilized properly by Babcock.
And he would still be underused by Babcock. Nyquist is a similar player to Hudler and should fill the void. Just give Nyquist a year or two and he will be a bigger/faster/more defensive Jiri Hudler.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:14 PM
  #17
solo16
Registered User
 
solo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 3,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
This. Our offense is fine as it is. No need to give up a big part of our future for Iginla. Any deal that includes Sproul or Ouellet is an easy no from me. Not saying that it isn't fair value, just that it doesn't make sense for Detroit. Those two are going to be a huge part of our future.
You can't play them all.

Ericsson, Sproul, Ouellet, Marchenko, Lashoff, Almqvist, Kindl, Smith, Backman.

Kronwall is not really that old yet either. White looks like he is sticking around as well.

Moving Ouellet or Sproul may hurt, but neither are untouchable from a trade perspective.

Trade value imo:
Smith, Ericsson, Sproul, Ouellet, Marchenko, Backman, Lashoff, Kindl, Almqvist

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:18 PM
  #18
solo16
Registered User
 
solo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 3,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
No interest in Abdelkader. He's 25, turning 26 very soon, and has not broken out yet. He's unlikely to do that on the Flames, at this point.
Abdelkader will never "break out". He is a Knuble, Morrow, Smyth, McCarthy, LaPointe type player at best. He is tough to play against and a grinder with some offensive flair for garbage goals. He will probably have a few 15-25 goal seasons but only in the right situation. He is a Tough tweener forward. Valuable on every team a star on none. He will start peaking around 28 and be washed up by 35.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:37 PM
  #19
REM17
Registered User
 
REM17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Switzerland
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 259
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
That is pretty much the deal for both teams. Fair value. Essentially two first round picks and a young roster player. (Ouellet and Sproul are both 2nd rounders who have developed into two of the best Dman prospects in the game). I would say they are both top 15 (maybe higher).

Personally I do not think Detroit bothers with it. Iggy is not the missing piece for this team. He would probably be too expensive to add to this team long term.

The op's proposal is not bad. It would be a straight be a trade and sign for both teams though. Filp resign with Calgary to play with Hudler and Iggy Detroit for Dats. Filp plays quite well with Hudler generally.

Datsyuk Iginla Nyquist
Zetterberg Brunner Franzen
Abdlekader/Cleary Helm Tartar/Bertuzzi/Sammuelson
Tootoo Emmerton/Andersson Cleary/Abdelkader/Tartar/Bertuzzi/Sammuelson

Thats actually not too bad. Solid top 6 and some weapons in the bottom 6 for next year/this year. Filp is getting 5M next year so we could probably squeak Iginla in at 6.5-7M.
way to much for an overpriced, 35 years old rental!

REM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:56 PM
  #20
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,581
vCash: 500
I'm a big fan of Darren Helm. I'd want him in the package.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:39 PM
  #21
Iowa Wingsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I'm a big fan of Darren Helm. I'd want him in the package.
Helm might be the only 3rd liner in the NHL that is untouchable. He is not going anywhere.

Iowa Wingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:41 PM
  #22
Wizeman*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
That is pretty much the deal for both teams. Fair value. Essentially two first round picks and a young roster player. (Ouellet and Sproul are both 2nd rounders who have developed into two of the best Dman prospects in the game). I would say they are both top 15 (maybe higher).

Personally I do not think Detroit bothers with it. Iggy is not the missing piece for this team. He would probably be too expensive to add to this team long term.

The op's proposal is not bad. It would be a straight be a trade and sign for both teams though. Filp resign with Calgary to play with Hudler and Iggy Detroit for Dats. Filp plays quite well with Hudler generally.

Datsyuk Iginla Nyquist
Zetterberg Brunner Franzen
Abdlekader/Cleary Helm Tartar/Bertuzzi/Sammuelson
Tootoo Emmerton/Andersson Cleary/Abdelkader/Tartar/Bertuzzi/Sammuelson

Thats actually not too bad. Solid top 6 and some weapons in the bottom 6 for next year/this year. Filp is getting 5M next year so we could probably squeak Iginla in at 6.5-7M.
I cant believe you guys honestly believe Kenny Holland is going to give this up to RENT Jarome Iginla for 3 months.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:51 PM
  #23
LarKing
Registered User
 
LarKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
You can't play them all.

Ericsson, Sproul, Ouellet, Marchenko, Lashoff, Almqvist, Kindl, Smith, Backman.

Kronwall is not really that old yet either. White looks like he is sticking around as well.

Moving Ouellet or Sproul may hurt, but neither are untouchable from a trade perspective.

Trade value imo:
Smith, Ericsson, Sproul, Ouellet, Marchenko, Backman, Lashoff, Kindl, Almqvist
Sure we can't play them all but we'd like to keep two guys that are doing amazing in their respective leagues? Is there a rule somewhere that says we can't keep our two best D prospects (Smith is on the team now)? I'd like to see our D in the future be Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, Sproul, Ouellet. After that I don't really care for anybody else.Not saying I hate them, just that they're not going to be a big part of the future for me imo.

What I'm saying is, sure we can't keep them all, but I don't want to move one of the two most important ones for a piece that won't be around long at all, is declining, and wouldn't put us over the top.

LarKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:54 PM
  #24
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Thank you Mr. I, RIP
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 28,110
vCash: 500
Ouellet and Sproul should not be in many deals. They absolutely shouldn't be in a deal for a 35 year old rental player. Even if the chances are strong once here he would stay for a couple years, if those two are going with a first which is likely the asking price bare minimum I want no part of it whatsoever.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:55 PM
  #25
8BostonRocker24
Registered User
 
8BostonRocker24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Silicon Valley
Country: United States
Posts: 9,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
my buddy is a Wings fan and we were talking hockey last night.. and I was saying Wings need another winger that can score. I think Iggy fits perfectly... put him with Datsyuk.


anyway... would this be enough? too much? too little?


to Detroit:

Iginla

to Calgary:

Filppula
Lashoff (or other D prospect)
1st round pick
Does not compute.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.