Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josh Harding

Old
04-17-2013, 01:46 AM
StealthClobber
#humangousbig

vCash: 434
Hopefully I get to see Harding play when (most likely when, not if) the Aeros make the playoffs. Right now it seems like he would be the best goalie there (I'm not too keen on Reichard and the other guy).

StealthClobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:49 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
You shouldn't see him play in HOU.

He's with the Aeros for about 2 games.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Stopping Pucks

vCash: 14000
Harding hurt in the first period of game 4. Hopefully Backs is back soon.

Stopping Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Tyler Durden

vCash: 500
Josh Harding

How's Harding doing with his MS condition? I really hope he gets better and fully recovered, my prayers are with him. Will he be back with the Wild next season backing up Backstrom?

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 02:32 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
How's Harding doing with his MS condition? I really hope he gets better and fully recovered, my prayers are with him. Will he be back with the Wild next season backing up Backstrom?
Since MS is incurable, he'll never fully recover. I think he'll be back and as long as his meds are dialed in correctly, he should be able to play some. But one never knows with this disease.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Dampland
YEO must GO

Not wishing anything bad for Hards, but I would say that this upcoming season will be his last in hockey.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
Not wishing anything bad for Hards, but I would say that this upcoming season will be his last in hockey.
And you are basing that on what?

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 04:24 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
Sounds like he is basing it off of baseless speculation to me.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:49 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
Sounds like he is basing it off of baseless speculation to me.
He's basing the baseless speculation on the based notion that once his contract is over, he's done. But next year won't be his last.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 11:38 PM
Dampland
YEO must GO

Quote:

Hards has a serious disease, that will only continue to get worse.... Harding was already a career long back up, and then throw in this disease, ...even if his play suffers by 10% reduction in skill, that right there is enough to drop him out of the NHL, add in the fact that once his contract is over, do you actually think ANOTHER team is going to sign Harding, knowing his health status?

I like Harding a lot, and wish the guy the best, but reality is , his playing days are numbered.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
We'll see how his season goes. His medication wasn't properly set last year. Now that its taking care of, hopefully he has a healthy rest of his contract.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
Hards has a serious disease, that will only continue to get worse.
Josh Harding could go the rest of his life and not have another attack. He could die an old man in exactly that condition he is in right now, that is a fact. The whole issue last year with his medication was expected and is normal for someone newly diagnosed with MS, it was the medication he was getting used to and not the MS attacking him. The whole purpose of the medication is to create "distance" in between attacks, MS does not degrade you physically day by day and silently, damage happens when you suffer the "attacks". Since going on medication my wife hasn't had an attack for 7 years, she is exactly the same today as she was when she started her medication and that is confirmed by annual CT scans.

You nor I know Hardings medical history, we don't know how many attacks he actually had before speaking about it. Given his age and the general age of when one seeks help for the symptoms not knowing what it is, I would guess that Hardings MS was caught very early which would mean it was caught before too much damage was done depending on the severity of the previous attack or attacks. It also seems clear that he does not have the primary progressive form of MS which would do to him that which you seem to think is going to happen. Clearly he ws cleared by the Wild to play and from seeing him play it is safe to say that he is physically fine at this moment.

Josh Harding does have a serious disease but so do players who have diabetes. If Harding follows his treatment plans and communicates honestly with his medical team so they can stay on top of his medication then he could absolutely play out his career without complication.

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 11:45 AM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
He's basing the baseless speculation on the based notion that once his contract is over, he's done. But next year won't be his last.
He said after this upcoming season. Harding has two seasons left on his contract.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 01:19 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
He said after this upcoming season. Harding has two seasons left on his contract.
Which is exactly what I was saying. He would be here for the duration of the contract.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 02:14 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Josh deserves it all.. Hope he can stay healty with his medication and play a big role for our team in the future.

If not in the crease then maybe in the office...

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 08:13 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
Josh deserves it all.. Hope he can stay healty with his medication and play a big role for our team in the future.

If not in the crease then maybe in the office...
Hope so. I always hoped he'd be with the franchise for a long time. He's a good guy.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:24 AM
walloftvs

Quote:
Josh Harding could go the rest of his life and not have another attack. He could die an old man in exactly that condition he is in right now, that is a fact. The whole issue last year with his medication was expected and is normal for someone newly diagnosed with MS, it was the medication he was getting used to and not the MS attacking him. The whole purpose of the medication is to create "distance" in between attacks, MS does not degrade you physically day by day and silently, damage happens when you suffer the "attacks". Since going on medication my wife hasn't had an attack for 7 years, she is exactly the same today as she was when she started her medication and that is confirmed by annual CT scans.

You nor I know Hardings medical history, we don't know how many attacks he actually had before speaking about it. Given his age and the general age of when one seeks help for the symptoms not knowing what it is, I would guess that Hardings MS was caught very early which would mean it was caught before too much damage was done depending on the severity of the previous attack or attacks. It also seems clear that he does not have the primary progressive form of MS which would do to him that which you seem to think is going to happen. Clearly he ws cleared by the Wild to play and from seeing him play it is safe to say that he is physically fine at this moment.

Josh Harding does have a serious disease but so do players who have diabetes. If Harding follows his treatment plans and communicates honestly with his medical team so they can stay on top of his medication then he could absolutely play out his career without complication.
Thank you for speaking up, the uninformed speculation was getting out of hand.

My guess is that he started on an interferon (probably Rebif) and was getting rundown from the flu-like symptoms you get from that at first.

walloftvs is offline   Reply With Quote