HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

St-col

Old
02-12-2013, 08:05 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
If Colorado is not willing to pay ROR what he wants I doubt the Blues would be willing to do so. If the rumor is true and he is asking around 5 mil I think it will be awhile till we see ROR on the ice again.
Pretty much my opinion as well. I personally don't think O'Reilly has earned a 5 million a year contract and with all of our players due raises I just don't see how well he fits in terms of salary structure.

I really think if he wanted a reasonable contract he would be signed by now.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:06 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Pretty much my opinion as well. I personally don't think O'Reilly has earned a 5 million a year contract and with all of our players due raises I just don't see how well he fits in terms of salary structure.

I have the gut feeling that Avs fans will not only absolutely despise the return we will got for him but the contract he will sign as well.

Money was the breaking point sure. But there was some very very bad blood between ROR and the management. They appeared to be close and talks turned completely sour at one point.

It sucks to be an Avs fan right now.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
Yes we do.
Right now we have Alex Steen as our 3rd line center, and he has been a train wreck at the position. We absolutely need a top 9 caliber center.
How has he been a trainwreck? legitimately curious considering he has 11 points in 12 games.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:12 PM
sh724

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Lets say Eklund is correct, and we are looking at ROR. What about a deal around Berglund? Colorado gets a replacement who will be cheaper and still has potential. We will add something to make it worth, contingent on ROR signing.

Follow that up with Stewart+Cole for Coburn

McDonald-Backes-Oshie
Perron-ROR-Tarasenko
Schwartz/Sobotka-Steen-D'Agostini
Sobotka/Schwartz-Nichol-Reaves

Coburn-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Redden/Russell-Polak
If the Blues brought in a center chances are it is wingers going out so Steen can go back to wing.

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:14 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontalLombardomy View Post
How has he been a trainwreck? legitimately curious considering he has 11 points in 12 games.
Our team defense looks like crap (he's a big part of it when it's working), and our faceoffs have been a genuine weakness for a while.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:14 PM
sh724

Quote:
Several of his points have come on the PP where he does not play center, he has also played a little bit of wing 5-5 this year. He is horrible at face offs and playing center has drastically changed his game.

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Mouse21*

ABYSMAL value for RoR. Stewart isnt worth close to him anymore.

though i would love to have stew bear back so Stastny isnt worthless.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:20 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post

This doesn't even take into consideration the possible attitude issues holding out could indicate. I'm not interested in ROR.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:38 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Terrible on FO's
Defensive game has gone to pot(was his strongest attribute before the shift)
Until the last 3 games he'd stopped shooting the puck
His tenacity on the boards has disappeared(was his best offensive ability before the swap)
Has caused a lot of turnovers and missed scoring chances by trying to "play center" instead of the system(example: against Detroit last week he had the puck on the half boards, had Stewart set up with a good screen on the goalie and McDonald waiting backdoor for a rebound and instead of putting the puck on net he tried to take it down low and pass back out front to McDonald for a 1-timer which lead to a turnover and odd-man rush the other way; he did that twice in that game alone and has pulled similar stunts almost every game)

Steen lucked his way into a few points on Tarasenko's initial tear and still does well manning the point on the PP, but his even strength play has been nothing short of a disaster. He is one of the biggest problems with us implementing our system right now. We need a real center to take his place, and we have to hope that his defensive game re-appears after making the switch. I hate saying I told people so; but this is exactly what I was worried about when the move was initially announced. I just hope we haven't damaged Steen confidence too much.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:48 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
This doesn't even take into consideration the possible attitude issues holding out could indicate. I'm not interested in ROR.
Honestly I don't think theres any attitude issues with him, even with this contract dispute. He's just surrounded by bums who inflate his ego and he seems like a stubborn person, which is part the reason he's where he is right now (development wise, not contract). He was always the player to stay late, come early, go the extra mile. He's just also the type of player who firmly believes in what he's valued at.

PAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:59 AM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
ABYSMAL value for RoR. Stewart isnt worth close to him anymore.

though i would love to have stew bear back so Stastny isnt worthless.
So 2 28 goal seasons plus a 64 point season opposed to one 55 point season? ROR is very overrated for 3 seasons in the NHL, plus the contract he is demanding is insane. Keep ROR.

Bluesman91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:24 AM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
So 2 28 goal seasons plus a 64 point season opposed to one 55 point season? ROR is very overrated for 3 seasons in the NHL, plus the contract he is demanding is insane. Keep ROR.
We're quite happy to keep him. Stewarts value isn't what it once was man. He's a huge risk to take now. Makes me sad :-(

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:49 AM
SteenMachine

One bad season Stewart is high risk, bad news, branded with low work ethic, and has no value to anyone's top 6 in a trade. 2 good seasons of 28 goals and he's Iginla light, a potential star forward, and untouchable for anything but a #1 D.

Meanwhile RoR has one good season and is holding out for a pay day after having a massively extended off season to think it over. Never did anything special 2 years before that that would make him feel entitled to do so, and somehow he's exactly what teams need and probably worthy of over $4.5M with term based on 1 season.

Funny how living in the past has a cut off date.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
We're quite happy to keep him. Stewarts value isn't what it once was man. He's a huge risk to take now. Makes me sad :-(
No offense to the Aves fans, but I am not sure why ROR is so highly regarded like he is a legit top line center. I get he works his tail off and is a fan favorite, but never has scored 20 goals. Yes he led his team in points, but that isn't saying much because the team didn't score much last year. I really see him as a good 2nd line player.

I am not ripping him, but I am just a little shocked at how highly regarded he is. Fans act like he has a ton of value, but I don't get it. Backes at his age was getting a 2-3 million contact offer from the Canucks (based on a 30 goal year). Why can't the Aves get him signed to something like that?

I see 4 and 5 million tossed around on these board, but that is way too much for a guy with one OK season.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:22 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
No offense to the Aves fans, but I am not sure why ROR is so highly regarded like he is a legit top line center. I get he works his tail off and is a fan favorite, but never has scored 20 goals. Yes he led his team in points, but that isn't saying much because the team didn't score much last year. I really see him as a good 2nd line player.

I am not ripping him, but I am just a little shocked at how highly regarded he is. Fans act like he has a ton of value, but I don't get it. Backes at his age was getting a 2-3 million contact offer from the Canucks (based on a 30 goal year). Why can't the Aves get him signed to something like that?

I see 4 and 5 million tossed around on these board, but that is way too much for a guy with one OK season.
Obviously the Avs would like to sign him to a cheaper deal, but he is demanding more than 4 a year.

O'Reilly, like Backes (which you should know) is not a goal scorer, though Backes is more of a shooter than a passer I guess. He is a defense-first center who led the league in takeaways last season. He is a playmaker on offense and is an excellent PKer.

We all agree that he isn't worth 5m/year

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:55 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Honestly I don't think theres any attitude issues with him, even with this contract dispute. He's just surrounded by bums who inflate his ego and he seems like a stubborn person, which is part the reason he's where he is right now (development wise, not contract). He was always the player to stay late, come early, go the extra mile. He's just also the type of player who firmly believes in what he's valued at.
So no attitude issues besides the inflated ego and the stubborness. Gotcha.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:42 PM
blue bleeder 24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
This.

He puts up a lot of assists last year while keeping his goal totals in the teens between 10/11 and 11/12. It says to me his team got better, not him. In the KHL he's less than a PPG.

$5 million for 5 years is what he wants I've heard. If the Blues got him and signed him, he would be the highest paid player on our team by a factor of about a million.

Also, contract hold-out makes me wary as-is.

Any player Colorado would accept we need more than him, or is on a better contract for proven production.

I offer a 3rd Round Pick for him. Colorado finds that insulting. The phones hang up, and we probably don't talk again until the trade deadline.

blue bleeder 24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Obviously the Avs would like to sign him to a cheaper deal, but he is demanding more than 4 a year.

O'Reilly, like Backes (which you should know) is not a goal scorer, though Backes is more of a shooter than a passer I guess. He is a defense-first center who led the league in takeaways last season. He is a playmaker on offense and is an excellent PKer.

We all agree that he isn't worth 5m/year
Backes is a goal scorer. He plays in front of the net, redirections, tips, sort shots... He also clears 100 hits per season. Not a huge play maker, but that is because the Blues are typically a low scoring team.

Is he asking for more money due to the other centers contracts? Which would make sense i guess..

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:29 PM
dahrougem2

Who whoever posted the Berlund for O'Reilly proposal, I would become a Blues fan right away just because the Blues would have made that trade and I love it for Colorado lol. I have a bad bad feeling the Avs are going to get ripped off for O'Reilly and if a player of Berglund's calibre comes back I am going to party for a week non stop

Last edited by DaveG: 02-13-2013 at 03:13 PM.
dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Who whoever posted the Berlund for O'Reilly proposal, I would become a Blues fan right away just because the Blues would have made that trade and I love it for Colorado lol. I have a bad bad feeling the Avs are going to get ripped off for O'Reilly and if a player of Berglund's calibre comes back I am going to party for a week non stop
You are going to get solid value for him, there appear to be many suitors. I would be happy with that trade though, Blues need a playmaker at center. He has had only one very good season, but it is impressive because he did it at 20-21 years old. There is definitely a reason teams like this guy, reminds me of a young Scott Gomez.

Last edited by DaveG: 02-13-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:57 PM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
No offense to the Aves fans,. but I am not sure why ROR is so highly regarded like he is a legit top line center. I get he works his tail off and is a fan favorite, but never has scored 20 goals. Yes he led his team in points, but that isn't saying much because the team didn't score much last year. I really see him as a good 2nd line player.

Because he was already playing selke caliber defense

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:

Backes got the offer sheet the year before he put up 30 goals.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote