HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Fire Scott Howson, name Jarmo Kekalainen replacement

Old
02-12-2013, 09:53 PM
TheDoctorLies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
BJN, I strongly disagree with you. Nash was a major part of the problem here. What does he have this year? Three goals? He would actually be fourth in goals scored on this team! I would take Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixson and a first round pick over Rick Nash any day of the week. I think the Nash trade will be reviewed in retrospect as one of Howson's best moves.
Nash leads the Rangers in points and had an assist on Hagelin's goal that not a single current Bluejacket player could make.

He was not a part of the problem.

TheDoctorLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
Priest is no longer running hockey ops, which is what we all wanted, and I couldn't disagree more with you about embarrassing the fanbase.

Since that protest we have hired John Davidson, who appears to be of sound hockey mind to lead us into a new chapter, and now have fired Howson. Am I egotistical enough to believe the FANS protest was a major proponent in any of this? Of course not. But we showed we cared, and now, by the team's actions, they've shown us that we weren't wrong.
Here, here.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:56 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
BJN, I strongly disagree with you. Nash was a major part of the problem here. What does he have this year? Three goals? He would actually be fourth in goals scored on this team! I would take Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixson and a first round pick over Rick Nash any day of the week. I think the Nash trade will be reviewed in retrospect as one of Howson's best moves.
As is your right, Nash had 2 40+ goal seasons, and 5 30+ goal season....he did his part, management failed to put a good team around him. I'll fully agree he wasnt a good captain, but Howson put him in that position because there were no other options. I would take Nash and competent management over those 3 any day of the week.

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctorLies View Post
Nash leads the Rangers in points and had an assist on Hagelin's goal that not a single current Bluejacket player could make.

Nash had to go after he asked out.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:58 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
As is your right, Nash had 2 40+ goal seasons, and 5 30+ goal season....he did his part, management failed to put a good team around him. I'll fully agree he wasnt a good captain, but Howson put him in that position because there were no other options. I would take Nash and competent management over those 3 any day of the week.
Ah, but you can't have BOTH. The Blue Jackets can either have one or the other.

leesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
EDM

Wasn't Nash -4 on the night?

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Priest is no longer running hockey ops, which is what we all wanted, and I couldn't disagree more with you about embarrassing the fanbase.

Since that protest we have hired John Davidson, who appears to be of sound hockey mind to lead us into a new chapter, and now have fired Howson. Am I egotistical enough to believe the FANS protest was a major proponent in any of this? Of course not. But we showed we cared, and now, by the team's actions, they've shown us that we weren't wrong.
Well said P.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
I have to think he asked out because he was sick of losing and incompetent management

Old
02-12-2013, 09:59 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

Strong speculation Finnish born Jarko Kekalainen will be named new GM of #CBJ. If so he would be 1st fill time European GM in #NHL history

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:59 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctorLies View Post

Foligno waves hello.

Not saying he could do it 95 times out of a hundred, but that end to end that he just missed scoring on last night was a thing of beauty. It was sick sick sick by Nick Nick Nick.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:00 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Wasn't Nash -4 on the night?
No, -1, had the assist and shoot out goal

Old
TheDoctorLies

Quote:
Yes, I agree, and I never said anything to the contrary.

As a Rangers fan I am extremely happy with that move.

TheDoctorLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Who's Rick Nash?

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Matt C

I just want to say

I was here on this historic day.

Thank you.

Matt C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:02 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Who's Rick Nash?
The 5th GM of the Columbus Blue Jackets

leesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
I have to think he asked out because he was sick of losing and incompetent management
Exactly. At that point in time either Howson had to be let go, or he would be left in place to trade Nash and attempt to rebuild the Jackets, which is what happened pre JD hiring. I take it you're for JD against losing Nash?

Old
02-12-2013, 10:09 PM
cbjfaninmo
Jarmo von Raschke

I appreciate what Nash did for the CBJ and Columbus. However, Nash is so yesterday. I wish him well.

cbjfaninmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:10 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post
I have a feeling having JD here is going to be like having Urban Meyer in Columbus. Fans are going to have a tough time adjusting to greatness and winning.

Next thing you know, we'll be in the Eastern Conference and in the playoffs next year.

Last edited by SuperGenius: 02-12-2013 at 10:42 PM.
SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:13 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Exactly. At that point in time either Howson had to be let go, or he would be left in place to trade Nash and attempt to rebuild the Jackets, which is what happened pre JD hiring. I take it you're for JD against losing Nash?
Obviously letting Howson go would have been the correct choice since thats what inevitably happened. So ownership was dumb enough to let him trade the teams best asset. Not sure what youre asking with the question, but I wish Davidson would have had the choice on whether Nash stayed or went. Revisionist history.... sure, but with decisions like that, just shows why we've been the losers of the league with ownership/management of the past 11 years

Old
02-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Okay, this pisses me off even more than the fan protest crap. Are people really so blind in their hatred that they're willing to assume that Howson would deliberately avoid suggesting a guy who could (and did) end up removing him just for his own sake?

Are we really so determined, so overwhelmingly dependent on a need to have a Bad Guy to cast into the fires of hell that we need to have a guy who demonstrated his willingness to put the organization ahead of himself have those very actions questioned as to their legitimacy and accuracy?

Holy Living ****, people. This is downright despicable.
. Wow, talk about reading **** into posts that aren't there!! No one does it better!

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Priest is no longer running hockey ops, which is what we all wanted
No, I believe the call was explicitly for him to be fired. Nobody was willing to go halfway - at least, nobody that was willing to actually speak up.

Quote:
and I couldn't disagree more with you about embarrassing the fanbase.
When you get harassing emails, PMs, and chat messages, then you can talk to me about whether or not it was an embarrassing time. Already getting not-so-subtle jabs like that in here.

Quote:
Am I egotistical enough to believe the FANS protest was a major proponent in any of this? Of course not.
Congrats. You'd be the first I've ever seen, and I've been looking. Every other interaction I've seen with folks who supported that protest have ascribed to it everything from the Patrick hiring to the timing of the ASG announcement.

Seriously. We've already had folks in this thread saying that the protest was directly responsible for making both actions happen. And the only person here - the only one - objecting to that nonsense is me. Given the observed, recorded history of "F.A.N.S." supporters, what the heck am I supposed to believe?

Normally I assume that there's sane members of any given subgroup that are willing to tell the crazies to stop being crazy. But I have never seen this with the protesters - and so far what I've seen in this thread continues to justify that.

Quote:
But we showed we cared, and now, by the team's actions, they've shown us that we weren't wrong.
Yeah. Folks cared enough to start making repeated personal attacks against other fans. Such a glorious, glorious time.

I'm sorry, but there is no way in which I will ever suggest that that protest was a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
Holy hyperbole!

Was that cross off the rack or custom-fit?
I don't come up with the hyperbole, I merely predict it. We've seen even crazier before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
. Wow, talk about reading **** into posts that aren't there!! No one does it better!
These are folks suggesting that one of Howson's more constructive actions (which we can ALL agree on) suddenly couldn't possibly be ascribed to Howson, out of some assumption that he'd be a selfish craven *******. What the hell kind of other reading IS there?

I'd love to hear alternatives.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:17 PM
BJfan
NobodyBeatsTheWiz!

I vote for McFarland

BJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:20 PM
leesmith
Still in.