HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Райан О'Рейли: Here's my number, so call me maybe; Rayan's IV Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasscog View Post
Scheifele and enstrom.
I hope this is meant to be a joke...

Old
02-12-2013, 10:04 PM
AvalancheFan19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasscog View Post
Scheifele and enstrom.
If only..

Old
02-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Meh, I still don't entirely believe it. Wasn't anything definitive, and seemed like shaky information to me.

Guess we'll wait and see.... For arguments sake I would want something like this in return from a few teams in particular I think would really be in on Oreilly:

TOR - Gardiner+
OTT - Zibanejad+
FLO - Kulikov or Huberdeau
TBL - Hedman
NJD - Larsson
WPG - Enstrom or Little+

These are the teams in particular I think would make a real play for ROR if he is on the block. I have faith in Sherm getting good value for him, sucks to see him go but this thing sounds ugly and irreparable at this point.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:06 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
That will never happen. Little and Scheifele is more realistic, even then I don't know how the Jets value those two.
Why would they trade their #1 center plus best prospect for a guy who isn't currently playing?

Old
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Dater is still busy talking about Craig ****ing Anderson.
That's because Dater is the most useless beat writer in hockey. Possibly in all of sports. I mean, it's not like there are stories pertaining to the Avs he could be looking into. Nah, better to play captain hindsight about a goalie the Avs traded two years ago. Way to be on top of the job, mouthbreather.

Old
Commander Enigma

I'm truly losing all hope over this franchise. It reminds of of a pathetic old man who used to have great power and influence and clings to the delusion that he still has it, refusing to accept the reality that he has become utterly irrelevant unless he adapts... which of course he is too stubborn to do. Of course, I am more or less describing one Pierre Lacroix to a T, and the franchise is held hostage, molded to his image, since the Kroenke's are too apathetic about hockey to cut ties. I don't know if I should hold more hope that the Kroenke's will cut ties with Lacroix or that they'll sell the team. Really, I have no hope that either will happen.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Which almost like the O'Rielly situation no? I guess you'll be hating on Ryyan to no end?
There are some similarities but I actually like O'Reilly and think the Avs should commit to him long-term. Anderson is playing well right now but I didn't feel the same way about him and his contract.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:08 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
My personal preference would be to forget about roster player. This season is done anyway. Might as well let whatever kids we have available show what they can do. Look for a prospect/rookie with as high upside as possible.

Johansen
Galchenyuk
Huberdeau or Bjugstad+
Strome

I'm sure there are others. Even out the trade with minor picks/NHLers as necessary. Diluting it into Dubinsky+Erixon type assets is not something I would prefer.
I'd love to get Strome, who I think may be the best player (prospect, I guess, since O'Reilly isn't playing either) not playing in the NHL right now.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Glasscog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I hope this is meant to be a joke...
not really... I do like the zibanejad(top prospect) and wiercoch(even though I don't know anything about him)

Old
02-12-2013, 10:10 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
I'd love to get Strome, who I think may be the best player (prospect, I guess, since O'Reilly isn't playing either) not playing in the NHL right now.
Never really liked Strome. Just felt that his game might not translate well to the NHL.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Jeff_Dyck_#1
Est. MMII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman Jones View Post
I'm truly losing all hope over this franchise. It reminds of of a pathetic old man who used to have great power and influence and clings to the delusion that he still has it, refusing to accept the reality that he has become utterly irrelevant unless he adapts... which of course he is too stubborn to do. Of course, I am more or less describing one Pierre Lacroix to a T, and the franchise is held hostage, molded to his image, since the Kroenke's are too apathetic about hockey to cut ties. I don't know if I should hold more hope that the Kroenke's will cut ties with Lacroix or that they'll sell the team. Really, I have no hope that either will happen.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
His love obsession with Anderson is getting on my nerves. Won't answer me when I ask him if he'd rather have Anderson over Varlamov. Good for Anderson for doing good in Ottawa. Anderson was only here as a stop gap like he is in Ottawa. Lehner will take that starting job soon.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
La Joya!

vCash: 400
Quote:
There are some similarities but I actually like O'Reilly and think the Avs should commit to him long-term. Anderson is playing well right now but I didn't feel the same way about him and his contract.
Andy was great right after the trade and was pretty good last year. That's irrelevant anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
Rads and Kuznetsov say hi.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:13 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Meh, I still don't entirely believe it. Wasn't anything definitive, and seemed like shaky information to me.

Guess we'll wait and see.... For arguments sake I would want something like this in return from a few teams in particular I think would really be in on Oreilly:

TOR - Gardiner+
OTT - Zibanejad+
FLO - Kulikov or Huberdeau
TBL - Hedman
NJD - Larsson
WPG - Enstrom or Little+

These are the teams in particular I think would make a real play for ROR if he is on the block. I have faith in Sherm getting good value for him, sucks to see him go but this thing sounds ugly and irreparable at this point.
I think Tampa are holding on to him... Break out year.

14:04 TBL V. Hedman (3) Wrist - ASST: T. Pyatt (4) AND B. Pouliot (4) 3 - 1 MTL
18:17 TBL V. Hedman (4) Tip-In - ASST: T. Purcell (9) AND S. Salo (6) 3 - 2 MTL
19:16 TBL PPG - S. Salo (1) Tip-In - ASST: V. Lecavalier (8) AND V. Hedman (5) 3 - 3 TIE

Old
02-12-2013, 10:14 PM
AslanRH
What do I know?

vCash: 0
Only way I can see Avs paying ROR more than Duchene is if he'd gone long term for 4-4.5m. Maybe it was never even offered, but if he wanted more, then can't blame the Avs for that.
Therefore,
Whether East or West, Avs need to take the best deal offered, and if value is not there, sit him til summer and start over with negotiations or trade talks.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:15 PM
ANewHope
Nuggets|Avs|Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
My personal preference would be to forget about roster player. This season is done anyway. Might as well let whatever kids we have available show what they can do. Look for a prospect/rookie with as high upside as possible.

Johansen
Galchenyuk
Huberdeau or Bjugstad+
Strome

I'm sure there are others. Even out the trade with minor picks/NHLers as necessary. Diluting it into Dubinsky+Erixon type assets is not something I would prefer.
People are going to be PISSED when they the return we get. I'd bet my life that we don't even come close to getting a Gallly, Huberdeau, Strome. Those are recent top 5 picks, people have lost it

Maybe I'm just trying my best to not be biased but I'm not expecting anything special back. It'll be a guy who can step in the lineup right now and a prospect who the Avs believe can turn into something but everybody feels indifferent too IMO.

Hope I'm wrong

Old
02-12-2013, 10:18 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Care to elaborate?
The only really good deal he made was McGinn + Pirate for Winnik and Galiardi and there he had all the leverage because the SJS GM was in a terrible position (lost his job if no playoffs) and he took advantage.

I still dislike the Varly trade (not Varlamov!).
I hate the Liles trade. We let Fleischmann and Mueller walk. So we traded basically Wolski and Hannan for nothing. Both guys are not playing for the other teams either. So it was a wash basically.
Hunwick was a fail trade. ROB was an ok trade.

So what trade gives you confidence in Shermans abilities?
I disliked not protecting the first we gave up for Varly but he was acquired for the same price most were willing to give for Schnedier and Bernier.
the Liles trade helped us get Varly as the 2nd we acquired from the Leafs went to Washington.
We got really good production out of both Flash and Mueller until their issues hit. them walking doesn't affect the overall value for the traded party.
Coehn hasn't done much so the Hunwick trade has worked out for us, we just keep asking him to play above his station, the only guy on D who isn't asked to do that is EJ but he lacks a legit partner to help out.

you also forgot to mention he dealt Smyth to LA for Quincey,Preissing and a pick, the pick ending up being Luke Walker and we traded Quincey for Downie who was money until getting hurt.

sorry, thread was locked before i got to post this reply.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:20 PM
NMAvsman

I'll weigh in here with my whopping post count. I read this damn board every day and never say a word. I love ROR and it also sickens me. However if he wants out...he is dead to me. I root for laundry like an idiot. The return will suck, but he has only moderate value. I'm waiting for the return to see how sick and disgusted we all get. Bottom line for me is that 3.5m was reasonable and fair. Overpay right out of the lockout? If your trying to create a well balanced team with depth, you don't overpay, and guys have to be willing to take a fair salary when they buy into the idea. The status of the organization has diminished greatly, but the fan base is still strong. I think the agents poisoned the well, and management threw the finger. ROR is NOT a generational talent, and if we are scared to play him....well.... Get the best return...west...east....who cares. When we play him...kick his *** like we would any other team's #2 c. Well....if we could kick ***.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:21 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverNATION View Post
People are going to be PISSED when they the return we get. I'd bet my life that we don't even come close to getting a Gallly, Huberdeau, Strome. Those are recent top 5 picks, people have lost it

Maybe I'm just trying my best to not be biased but I'm not expecting anything special back. It'll be a guy who can step in the lineup right now and a prospect who the Avs believe can turn into something but everybody feels indifferent too IMO.

Hope I'm wrong
You are not wrong. And most people will say Sherman got hosed and what an idiot. When in reality he is an idiot for not actually "negotiating" with ROR.

Are the Avs trying to set the example that they don't negotiate? What a ridiculous stance.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:21 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman Jones View Post
Pierre Lacroix is the mad king.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Boom

Quote:
......seriously

Old
02-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
You are not wrong. And most people will say Sherman got hosed and what an idiot. When in reality he is an idiot for not actually "negotiating" with ROR.

Are the Avs trying to set the example that they don't negotiate? What a ridiculous stance.
Pretty much this. Don't go against their "final offer" or else.

The Landeskog negotiations should be interesting. What are you going to do if he doesn't sign a bridge contract? Trade away your 22 year old captain too?

Old
02-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Well O'Reilly plus the Avs first could probably get 1st overall plus something.
Avs first will probably end up being 1st overall

Old
02-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

I'll hate to see Ryan O'Reilly leave, however its not good business to just let an asset wait on the sidelines. I'm interested to see what we get in return though.

As for the negotiations, O'Reilly should not have gone to Russia, that was a bad move. Not only did he try to create leverage, he also got himself injured. When you injure yourself playing for another team and try to get more money out of the team that drafted you, your crazy.

This negotiation went as bad as it could have gone. While I would have liked to have seen the Avs pony up a bit more money, O'Reilly and his agent did not play this smart. I don't see what's so bad about a bridging deal especially with the way Duchene is playing now. All I see here are bitter Avs fans wishing we paid O'Reilly Benn money while he was injured.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Nihiliste

If they're looking for both a roster player and prospect in return then unfortunately no, we're not going to get a good return.

We'll be giving up the best player in the deal no matter what if that's their basis.

I only want to trade O'reilly for another core player, though I suppose why would another team let the Avs off the hook like that.

This guy should have been a core player for us for years to come and we're going to lose him over a contract dispute. Great.

Closed Thread