Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Bruins - Rags win 4-3 in shootout

Old
02-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Jeff L

vCash: 500
I was at the game tonight, I've never heard the Garden get so ****ing loud. Unbelievable game, even with the loss. A few thoughts:

- I would agree that Chara is entering a slight decline. He doesn't seem as confident or dare I say "Chara-like" these days. Still a top d-man in the league and a guy I want to see on this team for the rest of his days, but he wasn't making very good decisions tonight. He had about three or four shots on goal tonight, a couple being on the PP, but I think he isn't being used to his full ability right now.

- Ference is a likable guy and a perfect bottom-paring d-man. I've always talked of him as a guy you don't notice until he makes a really good or really bad play... tonight he was horrible. As of right now, I wouldn't be inclined to resign him. Let the defense get a little younger next year.

- Peverley, Peverley, Peverley. I think the world of this guy. World class penalty killing tonight. I'd love to see him wearing the spoked B for at least another five years.

- Seguin. Get your **** together. Come on.

- Nathan ******* Horton needs to be extended immediately. I know Marchand scored the equalizer, but Nasty Nate just has that tendency to score in high pressure situations that every team needs.

- Rick Nash is a horrifying individual to see on the ice. Built like a tank, moves like the wind. Still think the Rangers lost too much depth to get him, especially with his cap hit. If him and Gabby have and off night, the Rangers cannot win. Simple as that.

Jeff L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:30 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
Seidenberg hasn't been stellar thus far in my opinion but hopefully he gets better.Overall,I think Chara has been fine.I am not sure if Chara has ever been effective on a powerplay,perhaps with Ottawa,I am not sure.
I thought he was solid for the first 8 or so games, but he's had a rough go of late. From the blueline out, he's been consistent, but from the blueline in he's making some really poor reads and decisions IMO.

VeddarRants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

I would LOVE for Lucic to come out after this one and just kill the fans who left and the the Garden to give a free voucher to all who are now leaving just to stick it to those who had no faith, hell fiath won the Sox a WS.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:58 PM
22Brad Park

Have to give Bruin credit for fighting back and not giving up.
Bruins 0-23 on PP at home
I think they lack scoring cause Seguin and Bergeron not supplying enough for money they make.
Hope CHia can add help at deadline
Rask has been great all yr so a bad goal here there is forgiven.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:53 AM
Save By Thomas
Jive Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssault View Post
YES!!!

That Jack video!!!!!!!!!!
Too bad I had to watch the NBC Sports feed, I wish I could have seen that live. Jack ='s awesome.

Last edited by Save By Thomas: 02-13-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Save By Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:08 AM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
Seidenberg hasn't been stellar thus far in my opinion but hopefully he gets better.Overall,I think Chara has been fine.I am not sure if Chara has ever been effective on a powerplay,perhaps with Ottawa,I am not sure.
I think he has been our best player(along with Krejci). Without him we are ****ed. The guy is a rock.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:16 AM
Fopppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Still waiting for someone to post the full clip on YouTube, maybe even Dafoomie, but here's Jack and Brick's reaction inside the booth: http://nesn.com/2013/02/jack-edwards...ers-animation/
Gotta love that!

Fopppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:52 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

You have to like the resiliency showed by the team. That's one of the main ingredient when it become to win a championship. Tuukka was not at his best. There's a least two goals where he should have make the save... Lucic is seriously getting on my nerves with his stupid giveaways. At some point, Clode will have to send him a message. That pass was UGLY...

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:51 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
This is as good a loss as they come. Get outplayed by the other "best" team in the east and then snatch a point.

Rask is fine he's the type of goalie who will have stinkers but they are 1 in every 6-8 games and the rest he's elite.

Ference isn't young resigning him at a raise is a huge risk. I only give him 1 more year and I am sure he wants 3-4. Tough call.
Bruins were outplayed?? Hmm, don`t think so at all nor do I think the B`s were the dominant team but they were certainly the better team.

Tuukka let in a few rare softies, which came off neutral zone giveaways and the difference was the Rags cashed in on what I saw as exceptionally limited chances.

Shame on me, 3-1, just over 2 mins left I switched her off and headed to bed in preparation for two Mid Term exams this AM, to my shock, and joy, our boys came back.......guess that`s the last time I do that

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:52 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Save By Thomas View Post
Too bad I had to watch the NBC Sports feed, I wish I could have seen that live. Jack ='s awesome.
There's no way it won't be youtube'd or .gif'd so don't worry

Brick was excited too but he was trying to hold himself back... Jack just didn't give a ****, as usual

After sleeping on it, as deflating as it was to lose in a shoot out, it was amazing to see them battle back. Even if the loser point didn't exist, it's no doubt encouraging to see the never die attitude that this team shows. Great game.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:52 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
You have to like the resiliency showed by the team. That's one of the main ingredient when it become to win a championship. Tuukka was not at his best. There's a least two goals where he should have make the save... Lucic is seriously getting on my nerves with his stupid giveaways. At some point, Clode will have to send him a message. That pass was UGLY...
Was bad, best play there was to either just dump it up the wall where it would have been a giveaway but not one with the risk like that one, or hold onto it which would have resulted in, at worst, a board battle in which he wins most of them.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:54 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
There's no way it won't be youtube'd or .gif'd so don't worry

Brick was excited too but he was trying to hold himself back... Jack just didn't give a ****, as usual

After sleeping on it, as deflating as it was to lose in a shoot out, it was amazing to see them battle back. Even if the loser point didn't exist, it's no doubt encouraging to see the never die attitude that this team shows. Great game.
How PO`d and loud do you think that Rags locker room was after this one after they gave up a pt to the B`s? Betcha Torts went nuts

Old
02-13-2013, 06:08 AM
DarrenBanks56

good game by the B's.
shouldnt of been down 3-0.
they had 3 giveaways and tuukka let in a couple soft ones.

marchand is our best forward by the way.
I would take him over anyone on the team right now.
He's making everything happen out there.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:12 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Thornton woke this team up with big hits .... Nice to have him back.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:28 AM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

I feel like Marchand is one of the more underappreciated players around the league. There's really nothing he can't do. He was the reason that 4th line was so dominant a few years ago. Once he broke out, he became the engine that drives this team's offense. If a center is having trouble finding his game, give him Marchand and things will start to happen. Kid is a freaking gem.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:42 AM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
I feel like Marchand is one of the more underappreciated players around the league. There's really nothing he can't do. He was the reason that 4th line was so dominant a few years ago. Once he broke out, he became the engine that drives this team's offense. If a center is having trouble finding his game, give him Marchand and things will start to happen. Kid is a freaking gem.
to me, Marchy is the closest thing we have to a sinpah on the Bruins. I used to think that it was seguin, but I think that Marchy is better.

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:56 AM
howaryuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
How PO`d and loud do you think that Rags locker room was after this one after they gave up a pt to the B`s? Betcha Torts went nuts
I would have liked to see how nuts Torts would have went if the B's had won in OT or SO.
Funny though, seems like they finally started putting bodies in front of the net and bingo!
Nash is a beast, had a beast of a game.
Would be very entertaining to see these two teams square off against each other in the playoffs, potential to be an epic series.

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:05 AM
TCL40

I think it is easy to miss the things Thornton does because they are mostly energy type things that shift momentum not necessarily the things that show up on the stat sheets. Thornton IMO looked better in this game than the Buffalo one.

I also agree with whoever said Horton knows how to score goals when under pressure.

Marchand has looked good all season, but I think Krejci has been the best forward overall. Guy has been quietly setting up goals or scoring them since the first game of the season.

Quote:
Funny though, seems like they finally started putting bodies in front of the net and bingo!
If they do play the Rangers in the playoffs, they need to pull out the tape for those three goals and every other shot from the point, and tell them to beat the Rangers you have to get in front of the net, and shots from the point don't get in. For some reason this team's shooters are addicted to skating over the blue line and taking a shot from the point-which as often as not results in the other team getting possession of the puck.

Shots from the point are great when there is a body in front of the goalie to screen and/or tip, but we take shots from the point when there isn't another Bruin within 10 feet of the goal.

And Nash is a beast. He is very talented and now that he is on a team that can make the playoffs he is going to play very hungry.

Last edited by TCL40: 02-13-2013 at 07:10 AM.
TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:16 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Bruins were outplayed?? Hmm, don`t think so at all nor do I think the B`s were the dominant team but they were certainly the better team.

Tuukka let in a few rare softies, which came off neutral zone giveaways and the difference was the Rags cashed in on what I saw as exceptionally limited chances.

Shame on me, 3-1, just over 2 mins left I switched her off and headed to bed in preparation for two Mid Term exams this AM, to my shock, and joy, our boys came back.......guess that`s the last time I do that
Oh dear. Don't you remember a few years back that the Bruins pulled the same trick vs. Ottawa? Never say die, these guys. I hope your exams go well, at least.

You're right about the game; the Bruins had some lapses but overall played better and had better chances.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:22 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Have to give Bruin credit for fighting back and not giving up.
Bruins 0-23 on PP at home
I think they lack scoring cause Seguin and Bergeron not supplying enough for money they make.
Hope CHia can add help at deadline
Rask has been great all yr so a bad goal here there is forgiven.
Great defensively but offensively? Just plain zero to offer. Seguin will get it going (We hope)

Bergerons lack of speed (is it possible for him to be getting even slower than he was last year) is holding back the young guys on his line, he can’t keep up.

If he was any other player he would be getting killed by fans, no?

Last edited by 4ORRBRUIN: 02-13-2013 at 07:24 AM. Reason: wergg
4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:24 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinator View Post
I guess I must have been watching a different game. Bruins seem to outchance the Rangers 2 - 1 IMO. Switch goaltending performances around in this game, and the Bruins Smoke the Rangers in this one. I'd just as soon see Ferrence move on.
Yeah, Ference had a rough game last night. Still, Rask let them down big time with 2 very weak goals. Overall, it was nice to see them steal a point when they clearly didn't deserve to.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:25 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:

His glove hand is starting to really scare me. He needs to tighten that up ASAP.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:32 AM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
His glove hand is starting to really scare me. He needs to tighten that up ASAP.
yup.
luongo has the same problem.
if I am a shooter I am aiming left ear on tuukka.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:35 AM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

Could you imagine if the B's pulled that off last night and got the win ....Rags board would have imploded , they were lucky that the boys didn't get the win

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

I had to leave for pickup just after the Rags went up 3-0. I thought it was going to be a fine night to miss the end of the game. It was one of those games where you felt like the B's were the better team for more of the time, but couldn't cash in on their chances, while the Rangers did exactly that. Luckily, one of the guys had the game on the radio in the locker room, so we heard the two tying goals. Would have been better to watch them, but I'll take it. My son actually called me and said "Please tell me you're watching the Bruins game." I love that he's a huge fan like me.

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote