Rangers @ Bruins - Rags win 4-3 in shootout

Old
02-13-2013, 11:19 AM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Oops, this is what I was talking about, of course.

774EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyorr04 View Post
The last few minutes of this game is the best I've seen Ference play all year.
Andy got hit on the bridge of his nose and was pissed off all night. Z was also angry.

02-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
Andy got hit on the bridge of his nose and was pissed off all night. Z was also angry.
Hi ladyfan. Did Soupy look like he was ailing at all? He had a very weak game PK wise and almost cost us a couple of goals with his muffed clear outs.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:29 AM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 50
Quote:
I guess Ference needs to get roughed up before every game..haha.
Seriously, I think he'll only get better as the season goes along.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:35 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
god I love that guy!
How can any B's fan not love Jack !

Thanks for posting that

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
Hi ladyfan. Did Soupy look like he was ailing at all? He had a very weak game PK wise and almost cost us a couple of goals with his muffed clear outs.
He looked ok to me.

He has been very good . Last night not so much .

Old
02-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
I guess Ference needs to get roughed up before every game..haha.
Seriously, I think he'll only get better as the season goes along.
I am not worried about Andy Ference. The B's are better when he is playing.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
How can any B's fan not love Jack !

Thanks for posting that
C'mon Sue, there are Bruins fan(s) who don't like Bergy! There's always some who have to be skunks at the garden party.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:52 AM
VanIsle

Free point that should not have been there, Lundqvist played well and Rask let in a softie, but all in all 1 point, and thank god that the next time the Bruins meet the Rags will be in the playoffs or next season.

1-1-1 isn't a bad line against them, but I need to see the Bruins play some weaker opponents and blow them out.

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:07 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Not to take this in a different direction, but people here over the last 5 years would rip Thomas for letting in what they construed as a "soft" goal, yet Rask lets in 2 questionable goals last night and you can't comment on it? Not making much sense to me. To be fair, Rask has been good this year, but make no mistakes about what other teams are shooting at when they play the Bruins. It's an area the guy needs to improve, otherwise, we'll see it a lot come playoffs.
I know Bruin's fans are passionate about their team, and I think some fans are just realizing how consistent Thomas was for the B's. IMO TT was a GREAT goalie...(I miss him big time). As good as Rask can be at times, he can also look ordinary at times. The way Dobby has played in net a couple of games so far this year, I would be willing to give him more starts just to see if he has what it takes to possibly challenge Rask for the #1 spot in the future. Dobby actually reminds me more of TT than Rask. I like the way Dobby controls the rebounds, and he seems cool under pressure. If Rask starts to falter, I wouldn't hesitate to put Dobby in net.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:10 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I know Bruin's fans are passionate about their team, and I think some fans are just realizing how consistent Thomas was for the B's. IMO TT was a GREAT goalie...(I miss him big time). As good as Rask can be at times, he can also look ordinary at times. The way Dobby has played in net a couple of games so far this year, I would be willing to give him more starts just to see if he has what it takes to possibly challenge Rask for the #1 spot in the future. Dobby actually reminds more of TT than Rask. I like the way Dobby controls the rebounds, and he seems cool under pressure. If Rask starts to falter, I wouldn't hesitate to put Dobby in net.
I think you're on to something here. The threat of competition is always a good thing, IMO. I like the idea of spelling Rask more and making him feel like he has to earn it (even if it's not true). More focus is not a bad thing at all.

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:11 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
He was severely outplayed last night, no question.

To be honest, I wasn't a fan of the first goal either. Maybe I saw it wrong and should watch again, but I remember him hitting the ice just as Nash slid head first into home. He has a tendancy to drop to the ice far too soon.

EDIT: I will also say that goalies who are "weak" up high really don't have a glaring weakness at all. If you need to pick a corner to get one through then you probably deserved it. Most goalies aren't stopping top shelf snipes. In Rask's case I think he goes down too early and gives up the upper half too easily though.
This is spot on.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
I know Bruin's fans are passionate about their team, and I think some fans are just realizing how consistent Thomas was for the B's. IMO TT was a GREAT goalie...(I miss him big time). As good as Rask can be at times, he can also look ordinary at times. The way Dobby has played in net a couple of games so far this year, I would be willing to give him more starts just to see if he has what it takes to possibly challenge Rask for the #1 spot in the future. Dobby actually reminds me more of TT than Rask. I like the way Dobby controls the rebounds, and he seems cool under pressure. If Rask starts to falter, I wouldn't hesitate to put Dobby in net.
huh?? I've seen him now in 3 games and i can't remember one "dramatic" save he has needed to make. He is as positionally sound as the day is long. It's an easy save for him.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:21 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
huh?? I've seen him now in 3 games and i can't remember one "dramatic" save he has needed to make. He is as positionally sound as the day is long. It's an easy save for him*.
*Except when it's high glove

Old
02-13-2013, 12:24 PM
agreen23

Nash is awesome. So much skill, so much hustle and is very, very hard to knock off the puck. SO goal was a thing of beauty.

Good to see Gabby shutout after his hatty and GWG last time.

Very impressed with McDonagh. Physical in the corners or in front and his poke on Krejci's curl and drag may have saved a goal.

That being said, great to steal a point from that game. Not Tuukas best effort. Pevs was flying. Marchy is the man. Krejci is as slick as ever.

I was impressed with Bourque. Hes a heady player who never turns the puck over in a bad spot. He has good hands, speed and vision. Im really hoping it will all click. Tough to produce when your line is struggling. Kelly has looked like a bum this far when playing 5v5.

I wanted to see Segs pull the Kaner move on Hank. That would have been great. Take Bergy off of the SO, I could have made a better move than that... my sister could have too. Marchys gold though.

agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:31 PM
RussellmaniaKW

impressed that they were able to tie it, but it should have never come to that. Really irritated me to hear NBC gush over how well the Rags played when it was obvious that the Bruins were out of sync and sleepwalking until the final 10 minutes or so.

This team really needs to elevate their game or they are going to be 1 and done again.

RussellmaniaKW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:35 PM
bruinmann77

yes the point was Hugh last night and the way the fought back was even better now we need to have some full 60 Min games fromm the guys. If the PP even get to be mediocre we should be in good shape.It also be nice to take some leads into the third an seal the deal. Have to give Major props to the guys on the PK playing out of their minds at this point.

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:42 PM
agreen23

Spooner had 2 PP points last night. Just saying...

Really, really wish Kelly didnt sign a 4 yr deal with a NTC. Not playing up to his 3million a year contract, not even close. We can get PK out of Bergy, Marchy, Pevs, Paille, Soupy, etc. Hes not bringing too much to the team right now and he's -3 playing with a line that is supposed to be defensive. And he will be turning 37 the year his deals up.

Last edited by agreen23: 02-13-2013 at 02:03 PM.
agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:45 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen23 View Post
Spooner had 2 PP points last night. Just saying...

Really, really wish Kelly didnt sign a 4 yr deal with a NTC. Not playing up to his 3million a year contract, not even close. We can get PK out of Bergy, Marchy, Pevs, Paille, Soupy, etc. Hes not bringing too much to the team right now.
This is why you never sign a guy coming off a career year to a long term deal. They've got nowhere to go but down, since water always finds its level.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:48 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

Quote:
huh?? I've seen him now in 3 games and i can't remember one "dramatic" save he has needed to make. He is as positionally sound as the day is long. It's an easy save for him.
Do you want "drama", or Wins?

Old
02-13-2013, 01:03 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen23 View Post
Nash is awesome. So much skill, so much hustle and is very, very hard to knock off the puck. SO goal was a thing of beauty.

Good to see Gabby shutout after his hatty and GWG last time.

Very impressed with McDonagh. Physical in the corners or in front and his poke on Krejci's curl and drag may have saved a goal.

That being said, great to steal a point from that game. Not Tuukas best effort. Pevs was flying. Marchy is the man. Krejci is as slick as ever.

I was impressed with Bourque. Hes a heady player who never turns the puck over in a bad spot. He has good hands, speed and vision. Im really hoping it will all click. Tough to produce when your line is struggling. Kelly has looked like a bum this far when playing 5v5.

I wanted to see Segs pull the Kaner move on Hank. That would have been great. Take Bergy off of the SO, I could have made a better move than that... my sister could have too. Marchys gold though.
Looks like he lost a step to me. Wheels aren't quite there.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:11 PM
whatsbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Warning View Post
Played like garbage except for the final 58 minutes and 30 seconds. Can't believe we got a point.
This means they played like garbage the first minute and a half
then played well the 58 minutes 30 second.

I think you meant, played like garbage except for the final minute and 30 seconds.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:27 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Looks like he lost a step to me. Wheels aren't quite there.
I don't know, he's only 28. He's a big boy, and still got the moves and scoring touch from what I saw.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

Quote:
I don't know, he's only 28. He's a big boy, and still got the moves and scoring touch from what I saw.
Are you talking about Kelly? He's 32

Grasshopperking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:34 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Was referring to Kelly, not Nash

I was really thrown off when you said "moves and scoring touch".

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote