HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part three - Hockey's Back!

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Scott04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
3-2 is the perfect game to watch, IMO. Enough offense to hold your attention, close enouhg to maintain excitement on every play, yet clearly shows defense is still being played.
For me, 3-1 is perfect if Marty can't hang on to the shutout

Old
02-19-2013, 11:54 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I think it is delicious to watch the Rangers fanbase turn on yet another high priced acquisition that didn't turn out like they hoped. It is the inevitable life cycle of the Rangers "superstar".
Naslund 2.0

Old
02-20-2013, 12:50 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

I was worried I wouldn't be able to fall asleep tonight... and then the encore of the Habs/Rags game came on.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:52 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

That Canucks/Blackhawks game was great. Schneider was a beast in that game, and must have stopped about 10 breakaways/odd man rushes. Hawks won in shootout, but Schneider stole them a point.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
I was worried I wouldn't be able to fall asleep tonight... and then the encore of the Habs/Rags game came on.

Better then Ambien!!!

Old
02-20-2013, 12:59 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I had that game on one of the TV's. Couldn't keep my attention on it cause I had the Canucks/Blackhawks on.

I actually felt bad for Dipietro tonight. After the Rangers was done I turned on the Isles/Sens on that tv. Dipietro looked like he was crying on the bench. He probably wasn't, but he had his head down and picked it up and looked sad. I for once felt bad for the poor guy.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:04 AM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post

Better then Ambien!!!
Joe Micheletti has the balls to keep trying to push the notion that this is a "good game" somehow. Probably the most interesting part of this viewing, so far.

I hate the excessive use of the word "boring" in terms of hockey as much as anyone... but this... is so many different kinds of bad.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:06 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Joe Micheletti has the balls to keep trying to push the notion that this is a "good game" somehow. Probably the most interesting part of this viewing, so far.

I hate the excessive use of the word "boring" in terms of hockey as much as anyone... but this... is so many different kinds of bad.
You should know better then to listen to a single word out of Homer Joe's mouth. This is the same broadcast that calls every wide shot, and shot off the post "GREAT SAVE BY LUNDQUVIST"

Old
02-20-2013, 01:09 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I still am surprised the Rangers are on the bubble. I'm still not convinced the Flyers will stay in the toilet. Would be nice though. I keep thinking one of Montreal or Toronto will fade.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:37 AM
manilaNJ

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.... Oh, Datsyuk

Old
02-20-2013, 01:52 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.... Oh, Datsyuk

We were all put to sleep by the local games. That was a really sweet goal.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Nick0930

Now I have to deal with everyone bragging about the Habs being in first place 16 games into the season. Even though it'll likely change tonight or tomorrow or when Boston actually plays some games.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Eggers
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Eggers
Torts called last night's game something along the lines of "the worst game he's ever been a part of."

Old
02-20-2013, 09:58 AM
CerebralGenesis

Someone get a time machine and forget about all your personal ambitions and make Gomez for Datsyuk happen. Thanks

Old
02-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Eggers
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Eggers
Here's a post from the main board with a few more of his highlights from last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post

Old
02-20-2013, 10:02 AM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Datsyuk is a beauty.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
You should know better then to listen to a single word out of Homer Joe's mouth. This is the same broadcast that calls every wide shot, and shot off the post "GREAT SAVE BY LUNDQUVIST"
I think my dad probably hates watching any Rangers games on TV with me now, since I go into over-the-top Homer Joe mode. I essentially just say the kind of stuff he would, but I do so way too often. Talking up how brilliant any given save is (whether or not it was on Lundqvist or even on the other end of the ice), giving Lundqvist credit for any decent play anyone makes on the ice. Talking about how great ______ (insert any $5+ mil a year player) is and just acting like a total rangers homer. I'm starting to drive myself nuts with the sarcasm, but its not much different than actually listening to a broadcast of their games really...

Old
02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
CerebralGenesis

Muttley would be proud. Although I do the same thing.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:44 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I had that game on one of the TV's. Couldn't keep my attention on it cause I had the Canucks/Blackhawks on.

I actually felt bad for Dipietro tonight. After the Rangers was done I turned on the Isles/Sens on that tv. Dipietro looked like he was crying on the bench. He probably wasn't, but he had his head down and picked it up and looked sad. I for once felt bad for the poor guy.
Contract aside, DiPietro is actually a really cool guy and it's a shame what's happened to his career.

I remember at the 2009(I think) home opener, I was up against the glass and he threw some pucks over to Devils fans and chatted with them for a bit. Came off really down to earth.

It sucked hearing him get booed this year when he came out on the ice. Boo Wang or Snow.
A couple of ignoramus' threw money at him, and he took it like any of us would. He went through hell the past few years, and still dresses and shows up on the bench.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:50 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

DP did always come off as a stand-up guy. I agree that it's a shame what happened to him.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I think they just want DP to disappear and retire already. Let's be serious he's really not a serviceable goaltender anymore. They could bring in that big tower we played last year, and get better goaltending.

It's unfortunate for him, but he can't seem to get up out of bed in the morning without some freak injury happening.

If he is indeed bought out I can't see him really playing in the NHL again. There's more serviceable goalies like Brent Johnson who are out of work now.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:07 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I think they just want DP to disappear and retire already. Let's be serious he's really not a serviceable goaltender anymore. They could bring in that big tower we played last year, and get better goaltending.

It's unfortunate for him, but he can't seem to get up out of bed in the morning without some freak injury happening.

If he is indeed bought out I can't see him really playing in the NHL again. There's more serviceable goalies like Brent Johnson who are out of work now.
I don't think he has much hope for a playing career at this point, but any anger over his current situation should be directed at the Isles FO. If it were up to DiPietro, he'd be playing 70 games a year, but that's not possible given his situation.

Isles pitched that contract to him, Garth Snow of all people should know the physical ramifications that occur in a goaltender of DP's mold.

The guy's hurting and is a shell of his former self, but he still shows up when they call him instead of sitting at home, collecting his money and 'mulling over' the idea of retirement while handcuffing the franchises checkbook like we've seen a few times over the past couple seasons.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
I don't think he has much hope for a playing career at this point, but any anger over his current situation should be directed at the Isles FO. If it were up to DiPietro, he'd be playing 70 games a year, but that's not possible given his situation.

Isles pitched that contract to him, Garth Snow of all people should know the physical ramifications that occur in a goaltender of DP's mold.

The guy's hurting and is a shell of his former self, but he still shows up when they call him instead of sitting at home, collecting his money and 'mulling over' the idea of retirement while handcuffing the franchises checkbook like we've seen a few times over the past couple seasons.
It should be very interesting to see what happens with him this Summer. Do the Isles buy him out? Over on the Isles board they all want him gone, but a lot of them do not trust Snow and Wang to do it. They're not putting it past those guys to just keep him around for the next 8 years or whatever it is. Especially if Wang sells, and it becomes someone elses problem. Then it's too late to use the buyouts.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:29 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

7:30 PM Philadelphia Flyers PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
10:00 PM St. Louis Blues COLORADO AVALANCHE
10:00 PM Los Angeles Kings CALGARY FLAMES

Old
02-20-2013, 06:49 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils