HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part three - Hockey's Back!

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 12:02 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

vCash: 500
I wish I could find an archive of Maclean/Langs post game interviews during that time.

I miss Langs post game interview that year.

''This is not how an NHL team should play. This is embarrassing we need to do better. I'm not answering anymore of your questions''

That was the nightly interview.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Calgary is irritating me, I wish their management would choose a direction to go in because playing .500 hockey every season is getting them nowhere.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:09 AM
kiwidevil

I admire more what Calgary is doing rather than Edmonton.

Tambellini basically runs the worst team in the NHL for how many years now? and they give him an extension?

They should be loading up for it's second deep playoff run by now, but a top 3 pick seems to be on the cards again.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

I don't like Bob Hartley. Isn't he the dude who was working on a windshield assembly line before coaching? And coached the Avs to the 01 SCF of course.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

I don't know much about Hartley. Its just a weird situation over there, they play extremely well one game then **** the bed the next. Their consistency is terrible

Old
02-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

It sucks they lost Kipper. He's put up amazing numbers on mediocre to bad teams there for years now.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:35 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Beats the hell out of what this board would do in a 6-5 game, win or lose.
We'd have the full spectrum of reactions here. Some would be furious at the defence, others would trash Marty, some would be pleased we won, whatever the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
I admire more what Calgary is doing rather than Edmonton.

Tambellini basically runs the worst team in the NHL for how many years now? and they give him an extension?

They should be loading up for it's second deep playoff run by now, but a top 3 pick seems to be on the cards again.
I hope the tankers never profit.

Old
02-21-2013, 06:43 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
I don't get why people think Edmonton tank just because they perennially suck and can't get FA's to come there? They weren't tanking in 2006 when they traded for Roloson/Pronger/etc or when they offer-sheeted Vanek after that.

They've just always had a one-track mind with their development, trying to re-create the 1980's Oilers with as many forwards as possible, and not paying much attention to defense or goaltending (past throwing away money on an old Khabibulin and getting lucky with Schultz, who isn't great defensively himself).

Old
02-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Old
02-21-2013, 08:51 AM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I don't get why people think Edmonton tank just because they perennially suck and can't get FA's to come there? They weren't tanking in 2006 when they traded for Roloson/Pronger/etc or when they offer-sheeted Vanek after that.

They've just always had a one-track mind with their development, trying to re-create the 1980's Oilers with as many forwards as possible, and not paying much attention to defense or goaltending (past throwing away money on an old Khabibulin and getting lucky with Schultz, who isn't great defensively himself).
They'd be an even worse team right now if they sheeted TV. Say goodbye to hall, hopkins, etc...Depends on how highly they thought of him, but Buff could've ended up with Eberle as well...

Last edited by BrodeursCups: 02-21-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old
02-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Breakin' the law

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post

Letang took that goal off the cheek too. That had to leave a mark.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Poor Marian, of course it had to be him. Hope he gets back soon.

Hansen was suspended for one game (bad decision IMO).

All I can say is this: if he thought he can get that puck before Hossa, he`s stupider than he looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Letang took that goal off the cheek too. That had to leave a mark.
The most hilarious part is that it was Grossmann who scored on that play.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:12 AM
CerebralGenesis

Hossa is one of my faves. Dang shame

Old
02-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Ugh why am I reading about how "amazing" the Pens vs Flyers game was. Ya it was entertaining, but come on it was pond hockey. I don't want casual fans thinking that is how you play goalie

What the hell was that mess in the crease there, and what is Vokoun doing? He is the only Penguin NOT in the crease

Old
02-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:

Maybe not in 2006, but make no mistake, they've been tanking the last couple years. I refuse to believe three first overall picks in a row could be the result of simple mismanagement. Nobody is that dumb, not even Milbury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Ugh why am I reading about how "amazing" the Pens vs Flyers game was. Ya it was entertaining, but come on it was pond hockey. I don't want casual fans thinking that is how you play goalie
Basically a continuation of the playoff series. Great offences, terrible defences, and neither goalie can make a damn save.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:16 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Maybe not in 2006, but make no mistake, they've been tanking the last couple years. I refuse to believe three first overall picks in a row could be the result of simple mismanagement. Nobody is that dumb, not even Milbury.
How have they been tanking, exactly? It's not like they've had a million guys to trade off for prospects to begin with. They weren't even the worst team in hockey all the years they got the top pick, they got lucky in the lottery once or twice. Before that they were in the worst possible place - a middling team, they had one losing year after '06, then 88 and 85-point seasons. Then they finally bottomed out in '09-10. Teams can't usually turn it around in a year or two the way they can in the NFL.

As much as people say the Pens got a bunch of #1 picks and turned it around, #1 picks alone can't do it. Especially when the #1 picks aren't named Crosby or Malkin. Hall/Nugent-Hopkins/Yakupov are nice players, but they aren't anywhere near that level of player. They can't turn around a bad team by themselves, not yet anyway.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:22 PM
apice3*

Quote:

People confuse tanking and losing very often.

It's funny though seeing the cultures of teams last decades. Look at our division for example. Flyers are still the tough guy team they were in the 70s. Rangers are still trying to win Cups with free agents. We're still team oriented defensive minded. Penguins are still flashy high octane offense. Islanders... uhh

Old
02-21-2013, 05:33 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Looking at the Oilers' drafts since 2006, they're actually scary bad. Other than the four guys they've picked in the top ten (Hall/Nugent-Hopkins/Yakupov/Gagner) and Eberle who was also a first-rounder, not one guy they've selected is an NHL player of any consequence - and MPS was a top ten pick that pretty much has busted. They don't get FA's to come other than Schultz who wasn't a big-money signing, so they'd better draft well to compensate and they haven't.

Just click through 2006 and every year since and see if you've heard of any of these guys:

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/draftstat...eam=EDM&supl=N

Old
02-21-2013, 05:37 PM
apice3*

And the media and some fans will continue to label them the surprise team in the NHL every year.

Didn't one NHL.com writer have them 3rd in his preseason power rankings?

Old
02-21-2013, 05:38 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I think that was Dater The logic was that since most of their top guys were playing in Oklahoma City they'd have a leg up on the rest of the league. Hasn't worked out that way.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

There was no logic involved at all. He threw darts at a board with team names on it.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:48 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post

Poor Marian, of course it had to be him. Hope he gets back soon.

Hansen was suspended for one game (bad decision IMO).

All I can say is this: if he thought he can get that puck before Hossa, he`s stupider than he looks.
That was absolutely a penalty and a suspension-worthy hit. No reason for it.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Maybe the Flyers will start Boosh tonight, and the Panthers might be able to win a damn game.

Old
02-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
It sucks they lost Kipper. He's put up amazing numbers on mediocre to bad teams there for years now.
He really hasn't

He is very inconsistant year to year with some poor seasons in recent years.

His bad starts to seasons is one of the reasons recent FLame teams constantly came up just short at end (Iggy also always started off slow)

Old
02-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Panthers up 3-0 against the Flyers. That incompetent idiot Dineen started Scott Clemmensen though so I expect them to give that back real fast.

Closed Thread