HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part three - Hockey's Back!

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 11:27 PM
njdss4

vCash: 500
I feel a little bit better about NJ losing to OTT in a SO now that the Rags have done the same. The Sens seem to have come together as a team since the injuries. I was hoping the Isles would lose, too, but at least the Flyers got trounced by Florida. That was hilarious.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
I feel a little bit better about NJ losing to OTT in a SO now that the Rags have done the same. The Sens seem to have come together as a team since the injuries. I was hoping the Isles would lose, too, but at least the Flyers got trounced by Florida. That was hilarious.
With Clemmensen in net too! His first win of the season, and first start of the season with a better than 879 save percentage!

The Rangers actually scored on goodyear blimpie. I think Anderson was shutting them out. The Isles I could care less about. They won't be coming out of the toilet anytime soon despite how excited the commentators get whenever they win a damn game. Or god forbid win two in a row against backup goaltenders. They got a competent goalie for the first time in 5 years since DP was rendered a trash can. Other than that same old crap from them.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:34 AM
chessarmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
With Clemmensen in net too! His first win of the season, and first start of the season with a better than 879 save percentage!

The Rangers actually scored on goodyear blimpie. I think Anderson was shutting them out. The Isles I could care less about. They won't be coming out of the toilet anytime soon despite how excited the commentators get whenever they win a damn game. Or god forbid win two in a row against backup goaltenders. They got a competent goalie for the first time in 5 years since DP was rendered a trash can. Other than that same old crap from them.
How many more years before the Isles stop being the joke of the league? I think they have to start showing some type of improvement soon, they've sucked for a looooong time now

Last edited by chessarmy: 02-22-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old
02-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
How many more years before the Isles stop being the joke of the league? I think they have to start showing some type of improvement soon, they've sucked for a looooong time now
Maybe that's why whenever they win a game they're supposed to be playoff bound!

I think Wang has to go. Possibly Snow too, but Wang definitely. The move to Brooklyn may help.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:10 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

Marian Gabruk.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:52 AM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

If Paul Maclean wrote that for Ottawa he has some of the worst hand writing I've ever seen. Before that the worst that I've seen is my own!

Old
02-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

So ****ing good.

4 points against the Flyers, every single one was a beauty, including the penalty shot.

Love me some Huberduber.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Richer's Ghost
McCleod is here

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post

Marian Gabruk.
He didn't want to spell it correctly because it would sound like BORE and they've heard enough about boring lately.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Richer's Ghost
McCleod is here

vCash: 369
Reddit found some hockey!

Old
02-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post

Saw that earlier on there, pretty cool. Although I think it needs more of the "nightcrawler" effect:

Old
02-22-2013, 02:03 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post

Didn't check here before I posted that same .gif in the News Around the League thread.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:49 PM
MachoDiablo

I'm really not sure why NBC Sports is bothering with this "Wednesday Night Rivalry" schtick they're pushing.

The first game they used for it was Bruins vs. Rangers (I didn't realize it was still 1951!), and I know I can't be the only one to notice that the entire justification for calling it a rivalry was "Well, the Yankees and Red Sox hate each other! Um...the Pats and Jets, too!".

But they've hit a new low this week. They're following up this week's admittedly real rivalry between the Flyers and Pens with a game between the Flyers and the Caps.

Basically, NBC Sports is just highlighting/showcasing the same six teams they've had in a revolving door for about 6+ years now, and slapping a fancy name onto it.

But I'm sure we'll get a solid 15 minutes from Pierre, Millbury, and Jones explaining exactly why Flyers/Caps is a gruesome war that cannot be contained as a simple midweek game without national exposure for the garish bloodshed.

...Wait, neither team is in the top 8, you say?

...The bottom of the conference, you say?

Old
02-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Emperoreddy
Caped Baldy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoDiablo View Post
I'm really not sure why NBC Sports is bothering with this "Wednesday Night Rivalry" schtick they're pushing.

The first game they used for it was Bruins vs. Rangers (I didn't realize it was still 1951!), and I know I can't be the only one to notice that the entire justification for calling it a rivalry was "Well, the Yankees and Red Sox hate each other! Um...the Pats and Jets, too!".

But they've hit a new low this week. They're following up this week's admittedly real rivalry between the Flyers and Pens with a game between the Flyers and the Caps.

Basically, NBC Sports is just highlighting/showcasing the same six teams they've had in a revolving door for about 6+ years now, and slapping a fancy name onto it.

But I'm sure we'll get a solid 15 minutes from Pierre, Millbury, and Jones explaining exactly why Flyers/Caps is a gruesome war that cannot be contained as a simple midweek game without national exposure for the garish bloodshed.

...Wait, neither team is in the top 8, you say?

...The bottom of the conference, you say?
Also using every excuse to give the Flyers more NBC games, not that Comcast would push the team they own onto the network they own....

Old
02-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Haven't seen much of the Sabres on NBC Sports this year! They were on NBC against the Pens the other day though in Lindy's last game.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:58 PM
StvBroDan
vPLAY WITH HEARTv

Toronto Maple Leafs 3 Buffalo Sabres 1
Florida Panthers 5 Philadelphia Flyers 2
New Jersey Devils 3 Washington Capitals 2
Winnipeg Jets 4 Carolina Hurricanes 3
New York Islanders 4 Montreal Canadiens 3 (OT)
Ottawa Senators 3 New York Rangers 2 (SO)
Boston Bruins 4 Tampa Bay Lightning 2
Columbus Blue Jackets 3 Detroit Red Wings 2
Vancouver Canucks 4 Dallas Stars 3
Minnesota Wild 3 Edmonton Oilers 1

Old
02-22-2013, 05:59 PM
StvBroDan
vPLAY WITH HEARTv

7:00 PM Florida Panthers PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
8:00 PM Vancouver Canucks NASHVILLE PREDATORS
8:30 PM San Jose Sharks CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Old
02-22-2013, 06:16 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Pretty good action so far in this Penguins-Panthers game.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Have to watch it with Steggo. Panthers feed has some annoying noise in the background. I thought it was a cell phone going off or something.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:26 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Have to watch it with Steggo. Panthers feed has some annoying noise in the background. I thought it was a cell phone going off or something.
They had no problem talking about how good Huberdeau has been, especially when they got to show highlights of him putting on a show against Philly.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:28 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Really pumped to see Jacob Markstrom in this game. He just had a great glove save from ~5 feet after making a right pad save. Earlier, he gave a bad rebound and almost got burnt as a result, but it hit the post or the side of the net.

When I was with the Amerks as an intern, he was there (although injured for a while) and was a nice guy in the few times I saw him.

I also have him in my dynasty fantasy league so I'm hoping that this is his breakout year.

Also, I love NHL Gamecenter Live. I never have to listen to the Pens broadcast again since they give you the choice of both feeds.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:31 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Really pumped to see Jacob Markstrom in this game. He just had a great glove save from ~5 feet after making a right pad save. Earlier, he gave a bad rebound and almost got burnt as a result, but it hit the post or the side of the net.

When I was with the Amerks as an intern, he was there (although injured for a while) and was a nice guy in the few times I saw him.

I also have him in my dynasty fantasy league so I'm hoping that this is his breakout year.
Sounds similar to how I feel about the current Ottawa Senators. Most of those guys I've watched develop in Bingo (plus others like Brian Elliot who's with the Blues now). Daugavins was one of my favorite players, so seeing him get the shootout goal against Lundqvist was extra sweet.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

We played Markstrom once last year. Chico called him ''Markobstrom'' too I think.

Oddly enough I was talking about how we struggle against big goalies, but he's one we beat last year. We scored 3 goals on him, and then 2 empty netters. It was Patty's 1000th game, the game where Clarkie was waving the puck in the referees face cause it went into the bench. They gave us a DOG penalty anyway. Krys Barch scored one of Florida's goals that night too!

We also played Markstrom once in 10/11. They pulled Clemmensen, and Pete put in Markstrom for relief. It was early when we started to turn it around.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:09 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Pittsburgh up 2-1 after a power play goal on a really dumb penalty. Markstrom was a bit too deep his his crease. Needs to be another half step out but he didn't have a lot of time to adjust on a point-to-point pass. He has looked good for the most part, making some great pad saves.

^I grabbed that screenshot after a Neal/Gudbranson scrum that occurred after Gudbranson's clean hit injured Malkin.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:11 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
We played Markstrom once last year. Chico called him ''Markobstrom'' too I think.

Oddly enough I was talking about how we struggle against big goalies, but he's one we beat last year. We scored 3 goals on him, and then 2 empty netters. It was Patty's 1000th game, the game where Clarkie was waving the puck in the referees face cause it went into the bench. They gave us a DOG penalty anyway. Krys Barch scored one of Florida's goals that night too!

We also played Markstrom once in 10/11. They pulled Clemmensen, and Pete put in Markstrom for relief. It was early when we started to turn it around.
We signed Boulton in the offseason after he notched a hatty against us, and Barch after he scored against us. Hopefully BizNasty never scores against us.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

Panthers feed has some beeping noise in the background. Sounds like a phone is going off, but it's been doing it the whole game.

Penguins feed is having an aneurysm, and in slow motion.

Closed Thread