HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Zac Rinaldo

Old
02-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Bort Sampson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Against punching bags. I don't understand why you're getting worked up.
Uh, guy, you've been going off about him for a little while now. You admitted you've hated him since the OHL. You're clearly worked up.

hehehehe

See my post you quoted. Rinaldo's fun because of what he does to idiot players and fans. You're proof of that. Anyone who has a clue doesn't pay him any mind, they just keep their head up when he's on the ice.

Bort Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:17 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort Sampson View Post
Uh, guy, you've been going off about him for a little while now. You admitted you've hated him since the OHL. You're clearly worked up.

hehehehe

See my post you quoted. Rinaldo's fun because of what he does to idiot players and fans. You're proof of that. Anyone who has a clue doesn't pay him any mind, they just keep their head up when he's on the ice.
How? I'm just stating that I don't like him, it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm getting worked up. You were stating how I was "*****ing and moaning" about Zac Rinaldo. Obviously you're getting worked up.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:27 PM
SMantzas
Swoon

Quote:

Hyperbole usually should invalidate any kind of point, and I really don't think this is any different.

Unless you have proof that "pretty much every hit" is a charge.
Right. Let's go through an example step by step to help you out

Point- "Steven Stamkos is going to score on every shot he is wide open in the slot"

Real life, we know that is impossible, but it illustrates how dangerous a shooter he is. Does that hyperbole make sense to you? Or should I create another?

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Tripod

Everyone who talks about Rinaldo and uses the word "hate" needs to stop and listen for a second. If you read the comments from Flyer fans, they have no issue telling it like it is.

Last years Rac was a punk kid trying to make a name for himself and trying to do whatever he could to stay in the league. This years Zac is much different. He is learning to play on the line...but not go over it. And yes, sometimes he does which will happen. But he is learning to play a smarter game. If you see when he was mic'ed up after the Crombeen fight it was evident. He sounded humble and concerned that he might have went over the line. And he re-iterated that when talking to one of the Lightning players afterward.

So anyone going on about last years faults...look to this year at a whole and you will see a different player. And of course, some will just go on about what he was like in London, etc...and that is being close minded. Matt Cooke has changed...why can't Zac?

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:33 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Can't stand Rinaldo.

Still not more than Tom Sestito though.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Chuck Downie
(New Coach Sucks)

vCash: 460
Blocked shots by a forward considering his ice time is impressive.

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:36 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Everyone who talks about Rinaldo and uses the word "hate" needs to stop and listen for a second. If you read the comments from Flyer fans, they have no issue telling it like it is.

Last years Rac was a punk kid trying to make a name for himself and trying to do whatever he could to stay in the league. This years Zac is much different. He is learning to play on the line...but not go over it. And yes, sometimes he does which will happen. But he is learning to play a smarter game. If you see when he was mic'ed up after the Crombeen fight it was evident. He sounded humble and concerned that he might have went over the line. And he re-iterated that when talking to one of the Lightning players afterward.

So anyone going on about last years faults...look to this year at a whole and you will see a different player. And of course, some will just go on about what he was like in London, etc...and that is being close minded. Matt Cooke has changed...why can't Zac?
Not to mention Rinaldo doesn't have half the laundry list of crap that Cooke does.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Bort Sampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Right. Let's go through an example step by step to help you out

Point- "Steven Stamkos is going to score on every shot he is wide open in the slot"

Real life, we know that is impossible, but it illustrates how dangerous a shooter he is. Does that hyperbole make sense to you? Or should I create another?
Do you have any proof that "pretty much every hit" Rinaldo throws is a charge? How about half? How about a quarter?

If not, move on, it's ridiculous hyperbole and shouldn't even be considered when evaluating a player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
How? I'm just stating that I don't like him, it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm getting worked up. You were stating how I was "*****ing and moaning" about Zac Rinaldo. Obviously you're getting worked up.
You've hated him since the OHL, say he never fights, when he does it's not against tough guys, went on to debate size differential in fights, says he can't fight, when he wins guys are punching bags....

Sounds like a hate on. He's a useless player, right? Then move on.

Last edited by Bort Sampson: 02-13-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old
02-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Do you have any proof that "pretty much every hit" Rinaldo throws is a charge?

If not, move on, it's ridiculous hyperbole and shouldn't even be considered when evaluating a player.
The dude comes in to pretty much every Flyers thread and takes pot shots.

Rinaldo ****ing destroyed Volchenkov last year in the playoffs. One of the best hits in the playoffs. Destroyed him.

Roo Mad Bro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Bort Sampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
The dude comes in to pretty much every Flyers thread and takes pot shots.

Rinaldo ****ing destroyed Volchenkov last year in the playoffs. One of the best hits in the playoffs. Destroyed him.
Every one of those tear-filled posts are evidence of why Rinaldo is still in this league, it's great.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:29 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
He's in the league for the same reason you made this thread.
This is what I was going to say. If people hate him so bad to go out of their way to talk about him hes doing his job as an agitator. He's fast so he hits really hard and can fight pretty well. As a fourth liner what else do you want?

Hes definitely not clean but I wouldnt say every hit is a charge like some people have said

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Van Buren Boy
--------------------

He's had four fights this year, 2 in the NHL and 2 in the AHL. Three of those four guys he went up against were MUCH bigger than him. He even fought Keith Aulie who's like 6'6'' and 210lbs. I don't care how good of a fighter you are but a guy who is 7-8 inches taller will have a certain reach advantage and still Rinaldo held his own.

Van Buren Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:06 PM
bennysflyers16

Jets dress an AHL scrub goon Heavy weight for 1st game ever and wonder why no player on Flyers would fight him

There is no Flyer in Peluso's weight class and Noel dresses him and people are shocked that Rinaldo didnt fight him Maybe Jim Slater will fight Shelley someday ?

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

If Zac Rinaldo has people on HF whining and making threads about him then i'd say hes doing his job very well.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:11 PM
seasontixholder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Jets dress an AHL scrub goon Heavy weight for 1st game ever and wonder why no player on Flyers would fight him

There is no Flyer in Peluso's weight class and Noel dresses him and people are shocked that Rinaldo didnt fight him Maybe Jim Slater will fight Shelley someday ?

Rinaldo picks his battles. Reminds me of Lemieux and Brashear.

seasontixholder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:12 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Quote:

Jim Slater doesn't pretend to be a tough guy.

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasontixholder View Post
Rinaldo picks his battles. Reminds me of Lemieux and Brashear.
Wait what? Brashear?

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Holocene

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Cute.

Also, he is the type of player that you hate if he isn't on your team. He does his job pretty well, better than he did last year as he is a bit more in control of his emotions this year.
I've never seen him do anything useful in a Rangers-Flyers game. He takes at least 2 stupid penalties a game just for being Rinaldo. Sure he can hit but is it really worth all the stupid penalties he takes?

Holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:19 PM
lampshade*

Quote:

Leafs go into wpg with two hw and Tippett doesn't dress Peluso, jets lose. Bad coaching. Wastes a roster spot dressing him v philly results in a loss.
Maybe Shelly will dress some day.

lampshade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Can someone from Philly contrast him with Carcillo? From an outsiders perspective they look like the exact same player on the ice.
Carcillo actually had some hockey skill.

Both can skate very well.

I'll give Rinaldo the edge in hitting.

Laviolette was able to settle them both down a considerable degree...they both still did/do stupid stuff, but to a much lesser degree.

Both have cannons as right hands in fights.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Allaboard

This guy is what's wrong with hockey. A no skill agitator taking the spot of a real hockey player,

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:56 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
This guy is what's wrong with hockey. A no skill agitator taking the spot of a real hockey player,
Agitator's get your team power plays, which is when your "real hockey players" are supposed to produce. I think you mean "goons are what's wrong with hockey." Get a clue there genius.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:00 PM
KnucklesNilan

Love the kid.. love his hitting and nasty edge, something that is clearly missing from today's game.

I also love the "he takes dumb penalties" gas.. so, if Crosby or Malkin trips someone and gets 2 minutes, that's a "good" penalty?

Everyone in the league takes "dumb" penalties night in and night out... but clearly, every single one Rinaldo takes is dumb..

Dumb thread... if you make it to the NHL ice, obviously the people who gave you a shot for a reason. doesn't always have to be about scoring.

KnucklesNilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Cromster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
Nothing wrong with chirping. That's been in the game forever. Domi wasn't what was wrong with hockey. Tikkanen wasn't what was wrong with hockey. Rinaldo certainly isn't what's wrong with hockey. You got habitual head hunters and cheap shot artists ending careers, and you point to a junior middleweight who runs his mouth, hits every shift, and takes some stupid penalties as what's wrong with hockey? C'mon bro.

Cromster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:07 PM
SeversonFan

Don't like him obviously because he's an agitator that plays for a rival. I completely lost respect for him though when Kovalchuk went after him, Rinaldo turtled and let Schenn step in for him, who then got knocked out. Hardly doing your job as a 4th liner when you let your team's young offensive prospect get beat down for you.

SeversonFan is offline   Reply With Quote