HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

High School goalie trolls his own team

Old
02-13-2013, 11:08 AM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

vCash: 500
Buddy of mine did this during senior year, only in soccer. He was our goalie. Fielded a ball and punted it into our own net. Took off his jersey, gloves, and shorts, flipped off the coach, and ran to the parking lot where he shot gunned a beer with a couple of our friends waiting in the parking lot. Laughed my ass off because our coach was a royal dick and the AD happened to be there for that game. We sucked anyway so it was the highlight of our season.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal

I don't know why I care about this, but I did look at the stats on the following page:

http://minnesota-high-school-hockey....goalie_10.html

The Senior (Krause) has 385 minutes of playing time, and the younger guy (Overby) had 446 minutes. So that's not really that much of a difference. I could sort of understand his anger if he was sitting on the bench all year, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

While I'm at it, what does the stat "YIS" mean on that page? I've never heard of that stat before.

Inkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Very possible. Could be a case of the whole team absolutely hates the coach and it was the goalie who stood up to him. If his teammates felt he screwed them over, you would hear stories of the kid getting jumped by teammates afterwards.
I've seen posts from about 3 of his teammates on twitter and their absolutely livid with him for what he did. And those are just the ones who expressed it on twitter. My guess is all, if not most, of the team is really ticked off about it.

Patmac40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Agreed. I mean, there is still racism in the US, what an idiot that Rosa Parks was.

Extreme example I know, but your attitude of teaching children to accept things that are wrong and unfair and just quit is ****ing ridiculous.

Again, word is he is getting support from half his team, the student body, and parents. That says something.
You do not have to accept unfair treatment, but acting out like this is unacceptable. You have other methods to gain support or to let your cause be known than throwing your team under the bus like that.

You think his team is glad he did what he did? What an ass. (not you, the goalie)

You do not have the right to do wrong to others (your teammates) because you yourself have been wronged. This is elementary school stuff here.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:11 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkling View Post
I don't know why I care about this, but I did look at the stats on the following page:

The Senior (Krause) has 385 minutes of playing time, and the younger guy (Overby) had 446 minutes. So that's not really that much of a difference. I could sort of understand his anger if he was sitting on the bench all year, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

While I'm at it, what does the stat "YIS" mean on that page? I've never heard of that stat before.
This is what I dont get. He seemed to get a fair bit of play, so there must be something else going on here.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:12 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
You do not have to accept unfair treatment, but acting out like this is unacceptable. You have other methods to gain support or to let your cause be known than throwing your team under the bus like that.

You think his team is glad he did what he did? What an ass.
According to people who go to the school the team is split on it. Half support him, half angry.

I dont see the need to bring out the pitchforks before we find out what is going on, but by all means, continue ******** all over a KID

Old
02-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkling View Post

I'll take a wild stab and say it means "years in school"

Old
02-13-2013, 11:13 AM
stish

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
Leafs scouting that guy? is he the next Jonas Gustavsson?
2 more goals and he's tied with Eberle.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:14 AM
DaAnimal

classless but funny

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
can't unless they allow grade 7 students in this highschool. or all of these hockey kids are brain dead, considering some of them are at 12 years in school lol.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:16 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
can't unless they allow grade 7 students in this highschool. or all of these hockey kids are brain dead, considering some of them are at 12 years in school lol.
Meaning they are in....grade 12....or in other words they have 12 "YIS"

Old
02-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Boombox Generation
#LGB

I've been waiting to see Brian Elliott do this sometime this season.

Boombox Generation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Meaning they are in....grade 12....or in other words they have 12 "YIS"
unless american highschools count grade 7's as juniors? it can't be that.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
The one that says 7 in YIS is this guy, Jacob Sibell. And yes, he's a seventh-grader.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:19 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Never seen that before, kind of funny.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
That would make sense since it is 12 and 10 for each goaltender. Another guy on the list has a '7' so that made me wonder.

Quote:
RUMOR: Krause could possibly be getting suspended, not sure yet.
I hope that's talking about the team (which I assume would be a given) and not the school, it's time to re-evaluate your society's priorities if you suspend a person from *school* for something he did playing on a sports team. I assume he was quitting, so suspending him from the team is a bit useless.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:20 AM
SilverSeven

He flipped off a teacher at a school event. Id imagine thats suspendable (from school)

Old
02-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal

Quote:
He flipped off a teacher at a school event. Id imagine thats suspendable (from school)
Ok that part I can see, forgot about that bit. The own-goal and walking off the team shouldn't be suspendable (from school), but flipping off the teacher is different.

Old
swimmer77
No 2nd guess, grind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
I did the same thing. Undressed in the first intermission and went home. Thought never crossed my mind to sabotage the team to teach the coach a lesson. Pathetic.
I understand your point to a degree. I'll just say I was reinstated by the admin of a high school after a coach cut me for political reasons. This is another sport but I had started varsity the three prior years. The coach treated me like crap and I was advised to quit. But I didn't.

Then came a game where I as the last option and coach was forced to play me. I did the team thing and played but I also had a number of people ask me why I didn't just say FU and go to the lockerroom. IDK if I played because I wanted to do the team thing or I didn't have the guts to do the other.

Very long story short. I'm glad I never quit. And I wonder what would have happened had I gone to the lockerroom that one game. I was the first in a long line of athletes that coach mistreated and the coach was canned eventually.

Kids make mistakes. My point is I had the opportunity to do something similar and didn't. Give me the same circumstances and I may make a different decision - who knows. Just hard for me to see a definite right or wrong here without knowing all of the circumstances and walking in the kids' shoes.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Frank Drebin

Quote:
According to people who go to the school the team is split on it. Half support him, half angry.

I dont see the need to bring out the pitchforks before we find out what is going on, but by all means, continue ******** all over a KID
He disrespected the game and his teammates, over ice time. The kid is an ass.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:24 AM
MrJonas
Ekblades of Steel

It would be hilarious to see Brodeur do this in his last game.

MrJonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:26 AM
wondeROY

Parents take note, this is why you discipline your children. Otherwise you end up with one of these.

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I understand your point to a degree. I'll just say I was reinstated by the admin of a high school after a coach cut me for political reasons. This is another sport but I had started varsity the three prior years. The coach treated me like crap and I was advised to quit. But I didn't.

Then came a game where I as the last option and coach was forced to play me. I did the team thing and played but I also had a number of people ask me why I didn't just say FU and go to the lockerroom. IDK if I played because I wanted to do the team thing or I didn't have the guts to do the other.

Very long story short. I'm glad I never quit. And I wonder what would have happened had I gone to the lockerroom that one game. I was the first in a long line of athletes that coach mistreated and the coach was canned eventually.

Kids make mistakes. My point is I had the opportunity to do something similar and didn't. Give me the same circumstances and I may make a different decision - who knows. Just hard for me to see a definite right or wrong here without knowing all of the circumstances and walking in the kids' shoes.
I'm not saying that you have to quit, or you have to accept the treatment. But what you do not do is what this kid did.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:28 AM
DaAnimal

video has been removed

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:28 AM
CaptainCally

Quote:
From reddit:

I actually go to Farmington. Man is this traveling fast. The entire hockey team is pretty much split because of this, and I know that today is going to be a crazy day at school. One of the assistant coaches teaches quite a few classes too, and he's known for being a bit hot-headed, so I'm glad I don't have any classes with him.

Update: The teacher isn't here today, unless he's in the school and just not teaching. When Krause came into the school this morning, he was immediately taken to the principal's office. Will keep on keeping on as more happens.

RUMOR: Krause could possibly be getting suspended, not sure yet.
For what? Quitting the team?

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote